First Grow

20180801_172341.jpg
20180801_172335_HDR.jpg
the bottom fan leaves are yellowing. I feel like this is more of a sign of progress rather then a nutrient deficiency. Would you guys agree?
20180801_172330.jpg

20180806_193039.jpg
20180806_193055.jpg
just a little update. Not much going on
20180806_193138.jpg

Based on the size of the bucket and the fact your plants really haven't begun flowering yet I would say the soil is pretty much depleted of nitrogen or an improper PH is somehow locking it out. Double check run off to confirm, but I'm 90% sure it's just running low.

Nitrogen deficiencies typically begin by the lower leaves yellowing and falling off as the plant absorbs/sends the remaining nitrogen upward. When the plant is nearing the end of flowering (6-12 weeks ahead of yours), this will happen naturally and isn't worth trying to counter given the fact one typically flushes the medium immediately after. Moreover I can't really tell if they have begun to stretch yet which also consumes a good amount of nitrogen.

My suggestion would be to take a good look at your latitude/first frost date and the info from the seed bank because you definitely aren't tropical with evergreens about. Remember also that autos flower whenever the hell they like, so it could be even another month or longer before they decide it's time, and then you have two or three months to go before harvest. That puts your harvest into October or early November. If the strain you chose isn't resistant to mold or cold weather you will likely lose your crop, and if you aren't finishing within a week, or two of first frost, you will lose your crop.

So i checkeed the Ph using a probe amd it says 3 the ph of my tap water is 5 but i didnt check it with the nuts in it

It was never an issue before sso i didnt borher until now. Would you guys say add some sort of lime or baking soda to the next feeding? How wpuld you do it without getting to complicated as im just a back yard 5 plant grower lol.

Also set up my shed with an inline fan for 12 hours @ night but it feels smoking hot in there. Waiting to see if the fan brings the temps down. Its a 4 inch set up with this fan
41D2ftcXs9L._AC_SY400_.jpg

Would you suggest cutting an intake hole. The shed is not air tight at all because its a swinging door with a tarp to keep the light out

So i checkeed the Ph using a probe amd it says 3 the ph of my tap water is 5 but i didnt check it with the nuts in it

It was never an issue before sso i didnt borher until now. Would you guys say add some sort of lime or baking soda to the next feeding? How wpuld you do it without getting to complicated as im just a back yard 5 plant grower lol.

Also set up my shed with an inline fan for 12 hours @ night but it feels smoking hot in there. Waiting to see if the fan brings the temps down. Its a 4 inch set up with this fan

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B01M7S46YZ/ref=ya_aw_oh_bia_dp?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Would you suggest cutting an intake hole. The shed is not air tight at all because its a swinging door with a tarp to keep the light out

I believe you, other than a slight N deficiency, your plants look really healthy and obviously have been healthy for their entire lives based on their size, but any pH lower than 6.0 or higher than 7.0 isn't going to work well in soil. Maybe your pH pen is uncalibrated? You can double check with ph strips or some ph liquid both of which are a couple bucks from a local store.

Soil also has a a bit of a ph buffer so you can water high or low a couple time before you get nute lockout. Mix your nutes like you normally would, check the PH and adjust to 6.5 and then check again when you water since some nutes will shift quite a bit (mine move up ~1 PH in 24 hours). When you are sure you are watering at 6.5, consider increasing the overall amount of nutes you are giving.

As for flowering inside, given the timing you have and the fact the sun will always outperform indoors, you may consider leaving them out for another month or more and only move them inside to finish flowering if the weather gets bad. This should mitigate heat issues as weather cools, though you should get an actual high/low temp/humidity reading to be sure. I would imagine an intake/exhaust setup would help with the heat as well.

That is quite low. Best choice is some good ph up also available from Amazon. If you need to water again prior to getting it, might source out some filtered RO water. Relatively inexpensive at a variety of supermarkets and it is supposedly ph neutral.

That fan is capable of moving almost 200cfm which is fairly significant. An inlet would be a sound choice if not too difficult but if the fan isn't running warm you're probably ok.

So just an update since this morning.
It was super hot outside and the plants drank a lot of water. As the dried out the ph went up to 4.8 or so and thats where it currently sits. The moisture meter says they are "moist" about 5 inches down which is where the ph changes from 6.5 to 5. So it has to do with the water im using i guess. I didnt notice these symptoms until about 2 weeks after switching from half and half veg/bloom nutes to full on bloom. (I did this to try and induce flowering as per multiple suggestions around the dark web on autos)

I put two plants away tonight in the shed and im going to check them after dark to make sure there isnt much heat stress. Hopefully there is enough moon light to see

I also would like to thank you both for the replies. I need to talk it out because i can only do so much research. I have the grow bible but its outdated and does not cover autos

Im glad i got the probe. Today would be my normal watering day. Its day 3 no water buckets feel "light" to me so id normally water but my probe says wet so ill hold off. And the ph is slightly higher again. I think it wasnt a problem before because they were growing so fast but now that they are transitioning the demand must not be as high. I would assume overwatering would leave less room for 02 making the ph lower?

Now the question is when it is time to water should i focus a bit more on nitrogen nutes or stick to my transition to bloom nutes? Any input. Since holding off on watering no more advanced yellowing or dying leaves

I would suggest ordering an actual pH pen or running out to get some strips or liquid because the ones you stick in soil are famously inaccurate. The main thing you need to know is the pH of the water you are feeding them with and maybe the ppm so as not to over or underfed. If the pH is off for long enough the medium will lose it's buffer and then even properly ph'd water will get thrown off and have nutes lockout

Otherwise you probably need to bump the nitrogen a fair bit but I don't know what nutes your using. If it's anything like grow big all you will need to do is bump it a up a couple ml per gallon.

I have strips for my pool. They dont give precise numbers but lets you know when its in the 6 to 7 or high and low. That work?
And as for the nutes i will put up a pic abd it was using strait bloom last 2 feeding and half and half before
20180808_170450.jpg
i have been using the suggested normal strength

Certain additives will either raise or lower the ph of the solution. For example when I mix veg nutes from the foxfarm line I have to ph down but when I started changing the mix for flower I started having to ph up

Back
Top Bottom