First Grow

MrLuv2Grow

420 Member
Warm and fuzzy greetings to everyone.

I love smoking weed , there's nothing quite like it.

After almost 30 years of smoking, and having recently moved to the mountains, I germinated 2 seeds and have been reading up and learning as much as I can about growing and caring for these beautiful plants.

3 weeks in, after having repotted, pruned and topped off my girls, they seem happy in their new, bigger pot.

soil here is great but, I decided to take an extra step and started preparing some potting mix of my own early last March in preparation for the, at the time, soon to become seedlings. The potting mix includes 2 batches of backyard compost each a bit more focused than the other. One of mostly nitrogen (for veggie stage) and another mostly of phosphorus (for flowering stage).

Here they are now nearly 3 weeks in as I planted them last week of May.

IMG20210630101945.jpg

IMG20210630101928.jpg

IMG20210630101906.jpg

wecome @MrLuv2Grow :welcome:

good start there.

get settled and enjoy the site. lotsa friendlies here.
you might wanna check out some of the LOS and supersoil grows going on in the journals. seems like the direction you've headed.

let us know a bit more of what you are doing and don't be afraid to go through the site and ask questions. :)

Welcome @MrLuv2Grow

Your plants are off to a great start; I can see, they are looking happy.

When your ready to start a journal; here is the link.

You can also win free growing stuff here.

420 Contests

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Welcome to 420 Mag. Your plants look a little small (probably because of the Topping & removing of the lower nodes).
But they do look good & healthy with a nice green color. What size pot did you start in ? Seems to me if you start in too big of a pot they grow slower at first.... but catch up later in the grow. I use to start in Solo Cups.... but not any more. I found much better root growth starting in 1 gal. pots.
This is 4 weeks from seed in a 1 gal. pot.
12-108.JPG
12-109.JPG

These were started 5-13-21 & 5-20-21. Up-potted once to 3 gal. & only topped once.
12-141                  6-27-21.JPG

I put them in Flower this morning.

After almost 30 years of smoking, and having recently moved to the mountains, I germinated 2 seeds and have been reading up and learning as much as I can about growing and caring for these beautiful plants.

3 weeks in, after having repotted, pruned and topped off my girls, they seem happy in their new, bigger pot.

soil here is great but, I decided to take an extra step and started preparing some potting mix of my own early last March in preparation for the, at the time, soon to become seedlings. The potting mix includes 2 batches of backyard compost each a bit more focused than the other. One of mostly nitrogen (for veggie stage) and another mostly of phosphorus (for flowering stage).

Here they are now nearly 3 weeks in as I planted them last week of May.

IMG20210630101945.jpg

IMG20210630101928.jpg

IMG20210630101906.jpg
Great start. Welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:
Bill

Here they are now nearly 3 weeks in as I planted them last week of May. slope game

IMG20210630101945.jpg

IMG20210630101928.jpg

IMG20210630101906.jpg
Very nice grow my friend. :welcome:

thank you for the
Welcome to 420 Mag. Your plants look a little small (probably because of the Topping & removing of the lower nodes).
But they do look good & healthy with a nice green color. What size pot did you start in ? Seems to me if you start in too big of a pot they grow slower at first.... but catch up later in the grow. I use to start in Solo Cups.... but not any more. I found much better root growth starting in 1 gal. pots.
This is 4 weeks from seed in a 1 gal. pot.
12-108.JPG
12-109.JPG

These were started 5-13-21 & 5-20-21. Up-potted once to 3 gal. & only topped once.
12-141                  6-27-21.JPG

I put them in Flower this morning.
tip will try planting my new seedlings in a 1 gallon pot next. was observing the slow growth you just mentioned and hopefully they do start to catch up as the rainy season has started lol, i do take them indoors at night to protect them from the elements. This is my first grow and I must say I enjoy watching them grow and caring for them. Hopefully I become a good enough grower hehehehe

thank you for the

tip will try planting my new seedlings in a 1 gallon pot next. was observing the slow growth you just mentioned and hopefully they do start to catch up as the rainy season has started lol, i do take them indoors at night to protect them from the elements. This is my first grow and I must say I enjoy watching them grow and caring for them. Hopefully I become a good enough grower hehehehe
The hardest part of growing is resisting the temptation to over care for them. Touching, Over Watering, Too strong of Nutrients are a few of those temptations. More isn't always better. Before long you'll know what the plant wants by looking at the color of the leaves or by how the leaves are laying. All comes around little by little.

The hardest part of growing is resisting the temptation to over care for them. Touching, Over Watering, Too strong of Nutrients are a few of those temptations. More isn't always better. Before long you'll know what the plant wants by looking at the color of the leaves or by how the leaves are laying. All comes around little by little.
Hi Buds Buddy, I think I'm guilty of touching the plants lol. So these ladies don't like being touched?

Hi Buds Buddy, I think I'm guilty of touching the plants lol. So these ladies don't like being touched?
Once my ladies are in flower I don't like to touch them at all.
I don't pluck leaves either. Juts let them do their thing.
Bill

Once my ladies are in flower I don't like to touch them at all.
I don't pluck leaves either. Juts let them do their thing.
Bill
Hi Bill,

If you don't mind, since you mentioned something to the extent of "leaf language". I noticed one plant has it's leaves always pointing up, the other more open.
IMG20210707083741.jpg
IMG20210707083733.jpg

is there anything I should be wary about? It's my first grow .

Thank you in advance.

Cheers!

Hi Bill,

If you don't mind, since you mentioned something to the extent of "leaf language". I noticed one plant has it's leaves always pointing up, the other more open.
IMG20210707083741.jpg
IMG20210707083733.jpg

is there anything I should be wary about? It's my first grow .

Thank you in advance.

Cheers!
That's what we refer to as praying.
You want all you ladies doing it.
Means she is healthy and happy and trying to maximize photo synthesis.
Good work.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom