Fncg's Grow 0.5/1.0 Hempy 2L Perpetual Sea of Green

Remember the quote.l...."wait for it....." when consuming medibles. Plants are looking good. You have a big light, those little budsites will fill in since you defoliated, once again "wait for it...." On your temp/hum, the temp at 70 is great, humidity is a little high. You may try increasing the thermostat on the fan, so it doesn't run so much. Will increase the temp a little bit and may control the humidity just as well. You have to remember where the sensor is located (right on the plant basically). Unless you have a fan blowing there, you are not getting an overall reading. Try moving the sensor around in your room.

Fcng I would not trim those lower sights off at day 38 you wanna cut that undergrowth off alot earlier at about day 1-20 never after I cut my undergrowth at days 1 and 14 but its really helpful if your doo its early into 12/12 and harmful later into 12/12 but looking good but catch those popcorn buds early they are a pain to trim just use it in edibles.

Drive bye. The little back looking I've done I see you took all the leaves off. I guess I've learned alot different myself. I will take all the leaves from the bottom 1/3 or so of the plant. Thats just to keep the air flow and cuts back on mildews and mites. But as far as taking all the leaves? Leafs are the power plants of your plant. Unless it's a problem leaf or one cutting out the 'sun' I woodn't take them off. They process foods for the plant, your taking away it's 'livelihood'. I know they will survie, but not florish. Reminds me of my 'Ladys' story. She tryed to grow afew years back. She had a small plant vegging out back and a 'friend' told her tha she needed to remove the sun leaves for the plant to flower' well she tried it and the plant ended up stunted bad and never did produce anything that amounted to much. I neeed to go back afew more pages.
Buds are looking good.
Eating herbs, I myself never got much outta them. I guess I've never given them a real shot. And my 'Old Lady' has made hundreds of them. Way cool they worked.
Hope this all works out for ya' And Keepem Green

Great DIY, nice looking buds, and even brownies! You are rockin' this journal and grow brotha. Nicely done. + rep for the DIY :goodjob:

I love edibles. Brownies and Snickerdoodles are my faves.

Lots of different ways to go with trimming/defoliating, but I'm not afraid to pull leaves at just about any point - personally. I won't get into the debate about pulling fans, as I've had good success with keeping them all, and pulling them all, and in between... Pros and cons to everything, but the results are usually fine either way. 420fied grows big old bud sticks with hardly a leaf on them, so it'll work, conversely have you seen the beautiful plants that Norcaliwood grows?! There's so many ways to skin a cat (or a pot plant). ;)

Xlr I like your take on fied's buds, BUD STICKS great one im drying leaf for my second time at butter last time it was really green I dont know if I like that, snickerdoodles ummmm and with regards to trimming I think fncg was aking should he cut off lower budsites that day but he was more than half way through flower but as far as just leaves and not budsites I say take them whenever you feel but I personally am with fied on leaf removal day 21 and day 45 but he doesnt have alot of undergrowth like bushes make so he has no need to trim lower budsites as it never gets grown away from the stalk so budsite trimming at day 40 wouldnt do it,leaf trimming day 40 or anyday clip away:peace::goodjob:

Xlr I like your take on fied's buds, BUD STICKS great one im drying leaf for my second time at butter last time it was really green I dont know if I like that, snickerdoodles ummmm and with regards to trimming I think fncg was aking should he cut off lower budsites that day but he was more than half way through flower but as far as just leaves and not budsites I say take them whenever you feel but I personally am with fied on leaf removal day 21 and day 45 but he doesnt have alot of undergrowth like bushes make so he has no need to trim lower budsites as it never gets grown away from the stalk so budsite trimming at day 40 wouldnt do it,leaf trimming day 40 or anyday clip away:peace::goodjob:

I agree completely - I was actually commenting more on my good friend Norcaliwood's post as far as the trimming leaves - just different ways to go about things sometimes. Magic Snickerdoodles rock - I might bake some more tonight!

Can't wait for the final info!:high-five:

Pictures!

34 plants total were ready for harvest. 11 of them had a couple weeks veg time prior to the 12/12 switch. Those also were the recipients of my overly aggressive defoliation, and probably lost some yield due to that. They sure had solid root systems, though.

IMAG12131.jpg

Everybody all cut and ready to hang. I trimmed two of the little ones, and suddenly realize this is going to take a very long time. Anybody know if it's easier to trim them after they're dried?

IMAG12162.jpg

IMAG12172.jpg

I stole of my gf's clothes drying racks to hang everything, she'll forgive me eventually. hehe. Back and forth with the green plant tying wire, 60 binder clips later, and we're up to start the drying process.

IMAG12183.jpg

IMAG12202.jpg

I have absolutely no idea what kind of estimated weight I've got here. This strain is supposed to be very strong, but it has light yields. I can vouch that it's powerful, if my brownies from a few weeks ago are any indication, but I may be switching to something that puts on a little more mass and volume.

We'll see how it all looks in a week or so. Meanwhile, I'm still trying to decide when would be best to trim it all up. Looks like that's gonna be a whole day project, but if I do it after it all dries it'll be easier, as it won't require re-hanging everything, including all the individual little side branches.

Thoughts?

Thanks again, everybody. Exciting times, and Happy Easter! :Namaste:

:thanks:

Start trimming now, some will be almost dry when you are done....it's easier to trim with the leaves sticking straight out.

This one time I had them growing out a box
017169.JPG
I just chopped them at the base, took off the fan leaves, and left the sugar leaf on. I have exhaust from my closet pumping out into the adjacent closet so I stuck a drying wrack under it, my wife thought I was thinking of her.

So I put each girl into their own paper bag, with the stem sticking out the center of the bag and hung there for 3 days. This left the outside of the herb real dry and brittle, wich was very alarming....but had read this would happen.

I then took them out the bags and cut off each branch and used my palms to rub the buds like they do to get hash, cleaned up the sugar leaf pretty good and left me some keif. The rest of the dry was done in this box for another 5 days shut and in the bottom chamber of the closet.

That was some of the best tasting herb that I've ever cured. I think it had to do with chopping the plant whole and leaving some of the leaves.

I'll have to look around the archives and see if I find this drying method...or someone can chime in on it.

008405.JPG
007431.JPG
rsz_00810.jpg
004525.JPG

But for some reason, I do trim while wet 90% of the time.

Back
Top Bottom