Free Test Bestva

the early replies to this thread had me confused when they were talking about paying or sending funds to BESTVA to cover customs charges. The facts were never really spelled out, but this is my take on it, and I may or may not be correct or completely wrong.
We shall see!
Yeah I was told I would get a 2nd transfer on Monday past to cover the extra shipping and duty because I'm in Canada. I don't think that's going to happen, but to pay shipping for a light, not a huge loss either.

You are correct @smoke99

@GrowTina , thank you I placed the order today.

My latest response

Many thanks for your help.
We have arranged the payment for your pp account as previous promise, screenshot attached, please check it.
We sincerely request you to place the order on today.
1.Here we give the steps for your reference:
--Search on amazon with the keyword“led grow light 1000w dimmable”
--Find the BESTVA Pro Series(Page 1, pic attached as below)
--Add to cart
--Place the order
Oh my friend I can’t wait to see your order ID - such as 111-1234567-1234567,please give it me.
If there need extra shipping fee on Amazon, please use the 10% coupon to purchase.
many many thanks for your kindness.
Best regards
Sky

Tok..

By emailing the sponsor directly and not having to rely on PMing it at least guaranteed a certain amount of anonymity. By having to PM your email address you're basically telling bestva who you are. They then know which 420 magazine user is associated with which paypal / amazon accounts or more importantly for them which product review. I'm not trying to be a spook, I'm simply putting it out there. Most contests demand a certain amount of transparency but the email route was favorable.

I feel like since my email mentioned I'm in Canada I was automatically disregarded.
Most of this seems like it could've been automated or handled better.

There's also a risk of chargeback or the oversight that paypal isn't accepted by amazon as far I know. There's also the morality aspect to it - is a product 5 stars automatically if it's free.

There's also a risk of chargeback or the oversight that paypal isn't accepted by amazon as far I know. There's also the morality aspect to it - is a product 5 stars automatically if it's free.
What I did is to transfer the PayPal funds to my bank account and then purchased it on Amazon with a card that comes with fraud and purchase protection. I did that just in case...

As for the morality side of it, they do ask for a good review. I think they legitimately want our opinions because with the combination of actual purchases through Amazon and a review, it dramatically improves their search query results. Even if a third of us gave them a 3 star, a third give a 4 star, and the rest leaves a 5 star review; the momentum on the Amazon algorithms will go up no matter what. It is a smart marketing campaign honestly. Technically speaking, they are legally improving their Amazon sales profile. We win too because the site got another sponsor and some of us got a chance at getting a new light. In exchange for trying it out and leaving a review. I'm cool with that! FYI...I just received my light this evening. So I can say for myself that they are legit.

I'm going to make another post here soon with some images and my first impressions.

i'm gonna let this one cook a while
any reply I attempt here comes off wrong at this time
I hope my response didn't hit a bad nerve. Just trying to see if I could persuade you to give them a chance. I didn't mean any offense by it. Also, feel free to respond how you would like and I'll take no offense. Take care smoke.

@GrowTina Thanks again! I just received the light. I will be posting some images and my first impressions. Please say thank you to the Bestva management team for deciding to sponsor our forum. Having this place makes a big difference in our lives.

To other members that are frustrated or confused about the process. There is a minor language barrier but with some patience, we were able to get through it. Only a few days and the light was in my hands! I would say that is a definite win just for being a 420 mag member.

Please let me know if you have any questions. You are welcome to PM me and if I can offer assistance, I will do what I can. I am far from a light expert. It is one of the areas where I need to improve my knowledge base.

Here are the boxes as they arrived from Amazon. As you can see, there is nothing on their box indicating it is a light or any branding of any kind.

Here are some overall and close up pics of what is inside.

Here are pics of the user manual. I figured it would be helpful to include it.

My first impressions...

I was a little confused about which side of the box to open. There is no print, branding, or anything for that matter on the outside of the box. I ended up opening the top side of the light. That sucks because it makes it more difficult to get it all the contents packed up nearly. You probably want to open it from the led side. I'm being picky but that annoyed me.

The light itself is sleek, well built, and includes some good hardware for hanging. I really like the look of the light itself. I am not a light guru! Please forgive my ignorant initial first impression.

The dimmer dial has a bit of an issue in the lowest setting. To turn it on, you need to increase the power to 15+% before it actually turns on. Then I was able to dial it down to the lowest setting which is 5%. Not a big deal to me personally but figured I would mention it.

I have not hung it or used it on a plant yet. I will be doing that soon. I only unboxed it, plugged it in, and took pics. So far, I am very impressed! I feel fortunate to have been selected. Being a newbie indoor grower, I feel like I have a good light to grow some decent buds. I think it is fair to say this is a good budget to intermediate light to start with if you're buying it outright. I have a 5x5 Mars Hydro tent. I will be putting this light in the front left portion of my tent. I'll have 4 sections that are 2.5 x 2.5. I think this light will suffice for that area with no problem. That's all I have for y'all right now. If there are any questions or something you want to look into more carefully, let me know.

PM your email ,i will request him to solve that issue

I've sent you a message.

I just received this email from your colleague after I told him I'm happy to pay for the shipping and import tax:

"Thank you very much , I will contact you next time when we have light sell on Spain.
So sorry the import tax is much higher."

I hope my response didn't hit a bad nerve. Just trying to see if I could persuade you to give them a chance. I didn't mean any offense by it. Also, feel free to respond how you would like and I'll take no offense. Take care smoke.
This is a 2 sided sword
1. It's It's product review
2. It's a site sponsor

As a review all commentary should be permissible as long as it is relevant.

As a site sponsor, any negative is rude?

The 2 are mutually exclusive and really shouldn't be in the same group.

As another person said earlier, it's pretty easy these days to claim you are a manufacturer because you ship stuff you may or may not have made. It's a global economy I get it.

What this really means is these reviews become more about ease of use and support from the "maker" which is what my remark about half baked replies was about.
I am not the only one here that has been left scratching my head going, WUT? After a reply from these folks.

It is my sincere hope, that once they get their communication issues worked out they become a long time sponsor and seller of desirable products as we all win in that scenario.

Apparently they won't send anymore to Canada? A buddy of mine messaged me and they told him they won't send it to Canada. But the Amazon site says ships to Canada. These details should have been outlined in the beginning, it's basically only for US residents cause of the extra fees associated with shipping out of the country

they aren't shipping anything
they send you pay pal cash payment
you purchase the light from Amazon, at least that is my understanding
since Canada may or may not add fee's the amount they pay may or may not cover the cost of the light
the email I have says

Greatest thanks for your quick response. We do enjoy such pleasant conversation with you.

Of course, thank you for your trust, we have recorded your paypal info.

We will contact you again and finish the transfer within 3 days, Keep in touch.

In addition, our light is bestva pro series 1000W which improve more 50% higher yields, We ensure it will be the best choice for you.

And note the light only sell on Amazon.com , only accept US address to place the order.

Wish you all the best!

Sky

now how you accept that is naturally up to you
if you want to try as a Canadian, you may pay some fee's
above and beyond what they are willing to pay, you may not
suppose it depends on Amazon and where they ship from.

since Canada may or may not add fee's the amount they pay may or may not cover the cost of the light
the email I have says

Greatest thanks for your quick response. We do enjoy such pleasant conversation with you.

In addition, our light is bestva pro series 1000W which improve more 50% higher yields, We ensure it will be the best choice for you.

And note the light only sell on Amazon.com , only accept US address to place the order.

Wish you all the best!

Sky

That's what he wrote to you. To me he wrote the following, saying nothing about shipping addresses...

"Greatest thanks for your quick response. We do enjoy such pleasant conversation with you.

Wish you all the best!

Sky
"

the email I have says

Wish you all the best!

Sky

I don't think you took my comment the right way. I already have the light on the way. I accepted the paypal and ordered it, but wasn't enough to cover extra fees. When mentioned to them I was told I would be reimbursed Monday and wasn't. Now today my buddy messages me and said they told him they won't ship to Canada now because of the fees. Bestva warehouse in the states is where they come from thru Amazon. What I'm saying, is they should have known about the extra fees since they are not a new light company. But never outlined any of these facts until people started asking.

I'm in no way talking down on the company, there just should have been some more research done here before it was advertised.

I don't think you took my comment the right way. I already have the light on the way. I accepted the paypal and ordered it, but wasn't enough to cover extra fees. When mentioned to them I was told I would be reimbursed Monday and wasn't. Now today my buddy messages me and said they told him they won't ship to Canada now because of the fees. Bestva warehouse in the states is where they come from thru Amazon. What I'm saying, is they should have known about the extra fees since they are not a new light company. But never outlined any of these facts until people started asking.

I'm in no way talking down on the company, there just should have been some more research done here before it was advertised.
Yes I got a message from them this morning stating that they aren't going to ship to Canada because of extra fees. Was this a surprise for them? I jumped through all their hoops got a confirmation, then this morning its canceled.
Did they know we have whearhouses in Canada. Anyhoo, I hope all our wonderful American members get and enjoy their new light. They look fantastic.

Yes I got a message from them this morning stating that they aren't going to ship to Canada because of extra fees. Was this a surprise for them? I jumped through all their hoops got a confirmation, then this morning its canceled.
Did they know we have whearhouses in Canada. Anyhoo, I hope all our wonderful American members get and enjoy their new light. They look fantastic.
Well that's just it, all of their other lights are available on the Canadian Amazon website, so they must have a warehouse or something here. Hopefully they can make this available for Canadians soon.

I am one of the people from Canada that will be getting one, but I was pretty early getting my email in as well and paid the shipping charges anyway. It will just be for a future veg tent as I currently just use t5s on a shelf for my young plants

Just wondering do they have a timeline on when they will have the new lights stocked on the Canadian Amazon.ca site so the rest of us can join in on the fun? ... Still don't understand ?...I was willing to pay the extra shipping charge cause the American site says it will ship to Canada for a fee? If they need an American address to ship to, couldn't us Canadian's use a third party shipping service to ship it to,like the.... My American address shipping service or UPS....and then have them ship it to Canada. That's how I imported my American moonshine Still from china... If theres a will theres a way! ;) lol

I will have my Bestva pro series light delivered tomorrow.

If you live in the states and you want; I could be your middle man to get things rolling.

Once the cash is transfer into your account, you're on your own.

You will receive instructions on how to proceed.

I can't do anything about the Canada situation, but if I hear something I will let your know.

If anyone would like me to help them; all I need from them is an email for your paypal account.

Only trying to help out a fellow 420'er.

Tok..

My last correspondence with them (Sky), suggested that I could do this for up to 5 or 10 units.

I have two email address already; which I will forward later tonight.

Tok..
Hmmm... Hey Tokin Roll ....Too bad you can't be the middle man for all Canadian's orders and have Bestva send you the lights to your address first in the U.S. and then you resend them to us crazy canucks up here in Canada! lol Canadian distribution problem fixed! haha

Back
Top Bottom