GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

Damn, those girls are looking good, GDB👍
I could have tied/weighed down those perimeter branches at least one more time. It would keep the canopy relatively even but it would also make each plant somewhat wider.
Good call, GDB -they're going to get a little wider whether you want them to or not, and from here, they look pretty wide already...
You might get lucky, and they'll all grow evenly from here on...wouldn't count on it, but it could happen.

I really like putting dirty, salt encrusted pots in the washer and getting relatively pristine ones out!
What settings do you use on the washer? I've machine washed mine and they didn't come clean at all.
I would never subject my washing machine at home to this kind of job.
I've used mine, woops 😬

Your plants are gorgeous GDB.

I loaded up 21 pots in a trash bag and took them to the laundromat. Mostly 3 gallons but a few 5s and 2s, as well. I really like putting dirty, salt encrusted pots in the washer and getting relatively pristine ones out!
I found a presoak with Calgon or vinegar helps with the crusty stuff.

Hello all.

It's Flip18 for the New Trick group and I just wanted to quickly post a few pics to show what happened to today.

They look no different than from yesterday. I'm hoping the stretch is over, or nearly over. I didn't measure them though, 'cause I really didn't want to know (not today anyhow).

I did what may be my (almost, next to the last) final clean-up on all 3 plants today. The insides are now fairly airy and I've gotten rid of most of the stuff that likely won't amount to much. (I rolled the dice on a few lower bud sites. If I can spend money on lottery tickets, that's the least I can do!)

Here's a before pic:
NT 4-18-24 F18 tent.jpg

And here's after:
NT 4-18-24 F18 tent(2).jpg

I know they don't look all that different, but that's only because I've been taking really bad pics lately!

The front two (Lemon Bubble and Hash Lover) still have their "shag" haircuts. I've yet to remove the big fans from their bottoms, but both got thinned out, the LB (left) more so than the HL. The Blue Cindy in the back had herbig lowers removed because they were still showing signs of the early light burn she suffered and I was tired of looking at them. :)

NT 4-18-24 F18 eyelevel.jpg

The Lemon Bubble still needs a little more work. I've been taking it easy on her because I was so far behind in trying to keep her tamed. I don't want to stress her by too quickly trying to catch up to what I should have done a while ago.

--------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed it. :laughtwo: :laughtwo:🍋
It was okay Keith. Kind of a small wad, but at my age it is wad it is!
Damn, those girls are looking good, GDB👍
Thanks so much MrC! :)
Good call, GDB -they're going to get a little wider whether you want them to or not, and from here, they look pretty wide already...
You might get lucky, and they'll all grow evenly from here on...wouldn't count on it, but it could happen.
Thanks so much MrC! :straightface:

--------

Just kidding. I thought the contrasting emojis would be funny.

I already see the need to get the bamboo and bungee cords ready for the front two. The BC looks like she still has a chance of growing straight up!
Is that the age-related refractory period I hear about?
Damn if I know, Shed. Who you been hearing that from? :)
Those plants look mighty fine GDB.....mighty fine. 💕
Thanks so much VG! And thanks for stopping by! :ciao:
What settings do you use on the washer? I've machine washed mine and they didn't come clean at all.
I took them to a commercial laundry Carmen. Their machines are fairly powerful and they have a "super-wash" setting. That's the one I used. It took 30 minutes.
I've used mine, woops 😬

I live in a old house with an old plumbing system and my washer is on the short list of things that need to be replaced. You'll probably be fine.

Thanks so much for looking in.:thanks:
I found a presoak with Calgon or vinegar helps with the crusty stuff.
Thanks Stinker. I'll keep that in mind for future "Pot Washing Days!" :ganjamon:

Beautiful growing, Black.

You are a reading pleasure 🤩
Thanks Tra.

Really, thanks! :)

--------------------------------

I'm done.

Thanks for you interest.

PEACE

I've used mine, woops 😬

I've used mine ours too :laugh: I got away with it! That means it's ok right?
Hello all.

It's Flip18 for the New Trick group and I just wanted to quickly post a few pics to show what happened to today.

They look no different than from yesterday. I'm hoping the stretch is over, or nearly over. I didn't measure them though, 'cause I really didn't want to know (not today anyhow).

I did what may be my (almost, next to the last) final clean-up on all 3 plants today. The insides are now fairly airy and I've gotten rid of most of the stuff that likely won't amount to much. (I rolled the dice on a few lower bud sites. If I can spend money on lottery tickets, that's the least I can do!)

Here's a before pic:
NT 4-18-24 F18 tent.jpg

And here's after:
NT 4-18-24 F18 tent(2).jpg

I know they don't look all that different, but that's only because I've been taking really bad pics lately!

The front two (Lemon Bubble and Hash Lover) still have their "shag" haircuts. I've yet to remove the big fans from their bottoms, but both got thinned out, the LB (left) more so than the HL. The Blue Cindy in the back had herbig lowers removed because they were still showing signs of the early light burn she suffered and I was tired of looking at them. :)

NT 4-18-24 F18 eyelevel.jpg

The Lemon Bubble still needs a little more work. I've been taking it easy on her because I was so far behind in trying to keep her tamed. I don't want to stress her by too quickly trying to catch up to what I should have done a while ago.

--------------------------------------

It was okay Keith. Kind of a small wad, but at my age it is wad it is!

Thanks so much MrC! :)

Thanks so much MrC! :straightface:

--------

Just kidding. I thought the contrasting emojis would be funny.

I already see the need to get the bamboo and bungee cords ready for the front two. The BC looks like she still has a chance of growing straight up!

Damn if I know, Shed. Who you been hearing that from? :)

Thanks so much VG! And thanks for stopping by! :ciao:

I took them to a commercial laundry Carmen. Their machines are fairly powerful and they have a "super-wash" setting. That's the one I used. It took 30 minutes.

I live in a old house with an old plumbing system and my washer is on the short list of things that need to be replaced. You'll probably be fine.

Thanks so much for looking in.:thanks:

Thanks Stinker. I'll keep that in mind for future "Pot Washing Days!" :ganjamon:

Thanks Tra.

Really, thanks! :)

--------------------------------

I'm done.

Thanks for you interest.

PEACE
Flip + 18 fits so well!

I've used mine ours too :laugh: I got away with it! That means it's ok right?

Flip + 18 fits so well!
Thanks Stone.

Like you, I'm trying to stay mindful of DLI during this grow. I've long suspected that I've been over-lighting my plants, especially near the end. Looking forward to seeing how yours (and mine) turn out! :)

Thanks Stone.

Like you, I'm trying to stay mindful of DLI during this grow. I've long suspected that I've been over-lighting my plants, especially near the end. Looking forward to seeing how yours (and mine) turn out! :)
Very interesting to follow :popcorn:

Hello grow gang!

I'm trying to formulate a plan for the Phase II babies on their 19th day above soil. I find it helpful to commit to something, in writing. Otherwise, it's easy to go all over the place. So while I often have COPs (Change of Plans) in my grows, I at least need to give myself some indication of how I plan to proceed or suffer the consequences of having no firm direction at all. That doesn't work too well, IMO.

Here's the trio, a Godberry in between two Fat Kid's Cakes.
NT P2 4-19-24 D19.jpg

So the 2 Fat Kid's Cakes can be transplanted at any time. The Godberry could use a little more time to establish roots but I believe she too could be successfully transplanted at any time.

I'm designating the one of the left FKC1 and the one on the right FKC2. There are lots of roots in play for the FKCs. The GB is somewhat behind those two in root development, but she's doing okay, with her short self!

FKC1:
FKC1 4-19-24 D19 roots.jpg

FKC2:
FKC2 4-19-24 D19 roots.jpg

GB:
GB 4-19-24 D19 roots.jpg

I've got an advantage: Time.

I'm in no hurry to move these along. In fact, I'm thinking of leaving them in the solos until the end of this month just so I can easily remember that they got transplanted on May 1. :Rasta:

This planning stuff ain't easy for me. I've got a lot of options. It was so much simpler to do when pretty much all I had on hand was a bag of FFOF and a bag of MC. Things are a bit different now, but that's my 1st World Problem. I need to buckle down and make up my mind! :)

[About now I'm telling myself to stop stalling and commit to something in writing.]

The FKC1 looks hearty. She might do really well on the un-used swick base I now have (where the Cosmic Lights use to sit but never will again). If I run her on the swick base, however, I'm leaning toward soil instead of coco.

The FKC2 also seems pretty hearty and would be a good specimen for me to give the Remo or Foop nutrients a first try.

The Godberry wants to be a shorty and I'd like to assist her with a ton of CarcassSticks®. And if I'm going to go for that kind of bush I want something reliable. For me these days, that means Strive nutrients and used (reamended) soil.

I can't commit. :straightface:

Not yet anyway. But I think this little exercise got me a lot closer to making decisions.

My apologies for wasting your time. I'll try this again prior to the month's end.

------------------------------

Very interesting to follow :popcorn:
Thanks Carmen. And thanks for following!
They look great. Beautiful! :thumb:
Thanks so much Stinker!

Plants are looking healthy with lots of roots so I read with great interest in the plans!
[About now I'm telling myself to stop stalling and commit to something in writing.]
I was thinking the same thing, and then...
Not yet anyway. But I think this little exercise got me a lot closer to making decisions.
Oh well okay.
My apologies for wasting your time. I'll try this again prior to the month's end.
No worries GDB, and at least this reveal won't take as long as the last one with the clones!

Plants are looking healthy with lots of roots so I read with great interest in the plans!

I was thinking the same thing, and then...

Oh well okay.

No worries GDB, and at least this reveal won't take as long as the last one with the clones!
The choices are becoming one of the hard parts of growing. I think I should be pleased about that! :)

And after going through that exercise, I immediately started thinking about saving that swick base and starting another Sour G to be grown in a 5 gallon pot on the swick and in coco. I want more Sour G! A big one!

One of my buds begged me out of about an ounce of it and now I'm feeling pressed to grow another.

And I think I'm safe on reveal periods. @KeithLemon has the "Days of Our Lives" running on his thread! 😁

I can't commit. :straightface:

It'll come to you- just figure it out one plant at a time...
Of course, that's easy for me to say, because I usually only grow one plant at a time...:straightface:
The Godberry wants to be a shorty and I'd like to assist her with a ton of CarcassSticks®.
She looks perfect for it!👍

It'll come to you- just figure it out one plant at a time...
Of course, that's easy for me to say, because I usually only grow one plant at a time...:straightface:
Last time I checked you were unusually growing 3. I'll bet you've got a plan, "Sun. Rise!" :)
She looks perfect for it!👍
Doesn't she? I might achieve a personal record for the "number of CarcassSticks®" I use on this one.

With a little patience I could see her turning out sort of nice! :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom