GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

Sheesh. This was supposed to the the grow where I got more aggressive with my babies, but I'm still coddling them.)
Hey, a coddled seedling is a happy seedling.. 🌱 🌱 🌱 😁

morning GBD, we talking 10 pin or candlepin ? I didn't know if people still went bowling 🎳, I just figured kids probably did it online. I use to do candlepin as a kid and when I got older my big brother tried to show me how to do 10 pin. but being a lefty an they only had right handed balls I just never got the hang of it. I used that left handed excuse for whatever I couldn't do 😉 I can remember when bowling was on tv,geez the good ole days... oh and by the way your plants look amazing

or just get an old yardstick and mark it as they grow

IMG_20240411_084506925.jpg
my bad, it's only 24" a yard stick is 36" oh if that stick could talk... it has a lot of ass prints on it, not mine of course I was a good child. ha believe that an I got a tower in lower Manhattan for sale, wink wink 😉

3 games would prb. wear my butt out now if I just stood there and rolled it , In the day my Dad would drop me off at the lanes while he went on a date , shit I thought he forgot about me one time I bowled a sheet 12 games I think , he didn't do that no more after haven't to pay for it LOL My average was around 170-230 on a good day Anyway glad you had FUN!!! Plant still look Great !!

Hello gang and Happy Sunday!

PHLIZON FD8000

I've been so caught up in trying to dial in this coco with the swicks that I've barely mentioned that I and the plants are getting pretty lit over here!

Thanks again to @PhlizonGrowLight and 420 Magazine for this much appreciated prize for my JOTY win!

The Phlizon FD8000 is a 1,000 watt full-spectrum LED. In layman's terms, that means it bright and powerful. :)

A solid build, it's a little heavy but not too heavy to handle. (It's not twice as heavy as my 500w light!)

I won't regurgitate all of the features highlighted on Phlizon's website. You can see for yourself HERE.

And I'm not going to review this light like I'm really up on light "stuff." I'm not. I figure the brighter the better and I don't give the tech specs much attention, at least not as much as I probably should. :straightface:

-----------------------------

After quickly un-packing it and setting it up (all easy) I stumbled with using the the light at the outset. This is mostly because I'm a stoner. There was no Stoner warning label saying "Warning: This light may twice as powerful as what you're replacing it with." Had I done a little reading about how Phlizon recommends using this model I may have avoided this mishap. I didn't. So the plants got overdosed with light at the beginning. Three of them were able to pull through. The exiled Cosmic Lights, not so much.

That said, this is one fine light!

Covers my 5x5 like a blanket. Even though I'm only growing 3 plants I'm certain it could handle twice as many plants (or more) in the same space. It doesn't run real hot for a light that's so powerful and - an added bonus -- it looks great in my 5x5!

NT 4-13-24 F13 tent.jpg

That's my bushy girls on yesterday, Day 13.

Some time this week I'm going to clean them up and thin them out. It's that time. The BC in the rear is already starting to produce pom poms. The plants up front will be right behind her!

Very nice GDB your plants are beautiful. You grow very well, and it shows. 🍋
Thanks Keith. The plants are due most of the credit.
Howdy GDB, you said you have 1 gallon containers right? Probably fll of Roots by now nothing to hold on to water sounds like they out performed better than you thought which is a good thing with the system your running maybe upgrade your container size a bit next round or get a couple incase that happens so you can upot just Spitballin with ya and bored! Things look GREAT though Right on
SOG, that one container contains a bit of a mystery for me!
You've got them looking absolutely superb GDB!
Thanks so much Stunger!
Still going gangbusters in both grow spots (though I kinda miss seeing the CL in whatever shape it's in), and congrats on being the spanker rather than the spankee! 🎳
I'll post some pics of the CL tomorrow, Shed. I'm having a war of attrition with that one!
Hey, a coddled seedling is a happy seedling.. 🌱 🌱 🌱 😁
Then mine should be really happy Carcass. They get coddled too much!
morning GBD, we talking 10 pin or candlepin ? I didn't know if people still went bowling 🎳, I just figured kids probably did it online. I use to do candlepin as a kid and when I got older my big brother tried to show me how to do 10 pin. but being a lefty an they only had right handed balls I just never got the hang of it. I used that left handed excuse for whatever I couldn't do 😉 I can remember when bowling was on tv,geez the good ole days... oh and by the way your plants look amazing
What you call "candlepin" we call "duckpin." I started out bowling duckpin as a kid. My mom had me on the alleys at 4 years of age! So, I bowl ten-pin now.

I couldn't wait to be able to lift the "big balls," as I called them!
Real nice GDB I mean REAL NICE! The system seems to be working great 👌👌 standing by for the take off 💪
Thanks so much GV! Hoping for a successful launch!
my bad, it's only 24" a yard stick is 36" oh if that stick could talk... it has a lot of ass prints on it, not mine of course I was a good child. ha believe that an I got a tower in lower Manhattan for sale, wink wink 😉
You held on to your childhood licking stick!?
High string? Average? It's been a long time here! Bowling's fun!
The first two games were to remove the rust Stone (150, 151), but I finished with a 227! That's not too shabby after such a long layoff.
3 games would prb. wear my butt out now if I just stood there and rolled it , In the day my Dad would drop me off at the lanes while he went on a date , shit I thought he forgot about me one time I bowled a sheet 12 games I think , he didn't do that no more after haven't to pay for it LOL My average was around 170-230 on a good day Anyway glad you had FUN!!! Plant still look Great !!
When I stopped bowling it was to pursue golf, Smoke. I had a 214 average bowling and I'm fairly bad at golf. Go figure!

---------------------------------

Thanks for your time.

Have a wonderful and peaceful Sunday.

PEACE

The first two games were to remove the rust Stone (150, 151), but I finished with a 227! That's not too shabby after such a long layoff.

When I stopped bowling it was to pursue golf, Smoke. I had a 214 average bowling and I'm fairly bad at golf. Go figure!

I feel like I remember my PB being a 138... this is why I don't bowl on league night. I don't need that kind of negative reinforcement. :rolleyes:

Hello gang and Happy Sunday!

PHLIZON FD8000

I've been so caught up in trying to dial in this coco with the swicks that I've barely mentioned that I and the plants are getting pretty lit over here!

Thanks again to @PhlizonGrowLight and 420 Magazine for this much appreciated prize for my JOTY win!

The Phlizon FD8000 is a 1,000 watt full-spectrum LED. In layman's terms, that means it bright and powerful. :)

A solid build, it's a little heavy but not too heavy to handle. (It's not twice as heavy as my 500w light!)

I won't regurgitate all of the features highlighted on Phlizon's website. You can see for yourself HERE.

And I'm not going to review this light like I'm really up on light "stuff." I'm not. I figure the brighter the better and I don't give the tech specs much attention, at least not as much as I probably should. :straightface:

After quickly un-packing it and setting it up (all easy) I stumbled with using the the light at the outset. This is mostly because I'm a stoner. There was no Stoner warning label saying "Warning: This light may twice as powerful as what you're replacing it with." Had I done a little reading about how Phlizon recommends using this model I may have avoided this mishap. I didn't. So the plants got overdosed with light at the beginning. Three of them were able to pull through. The exiled Cosmic Lights, not so much.

That said, this is one fine light!

Covers my 5x5 like a blanket. Even though I'm only growing 3 plants I'm certain it could handle twice as many plants (or more) in the same space. It doesn't run real hot for a light that's so powerful and - an added bonus -- it looks great in my 5x5!

NT 4-13-24 F13 tent.jpg

That's my bushy girls on yesterday, Day 13.

Some time this week I'm going to clean them up and thin them out. It's that time. The BC in the rear is already starting to produce pom poms. The plants up front will be right behind her!

Thanks Keith. The plants are due most of the credit.

SOG, that one container contains a bit of a mystery for me!

Thanks so much Stunger!

I'll post some pics of the CL tomorrow, Shed. I'm having a war of attrition with that one!

Then mine should be really happy Carcass. They get coddled too much!

What you call "candlepin" we call "duckpin." I started out bowling duckpin as a kid. My mom had me on the alleys at 4 years of age! So, I bowl ten-pin now.

I couldn't wait to be able to lift the "big balls," as I called them!

Thanks so much GV! Hoping for a successful launch!

You held on to your childhood licking stick!?

Thanks for your time.

Have a wonderful and peaceful Sunday.

PEACE
Great post, I've upgraded also and love the results. Are those 5gal fabric pots?

Highya GDB,

Congratulations on that light!! Your little (almost big girls) ladies seem to be loving it! They have a gorgeous color, but I couldn't see the tops. I'm sure they're gorgeous as always. They were in the last pics you posted. Happy Smokin'

Looking good GDP. Actually, duck pin and candle pin are different. Duck pins are shaped more like regular pins just smaller and shorter. I've only seen candle pin up north, long skinny pins that have no action! I don't know that I've scored above a 50 with candle pins :) I'll take 10 pin any day, although mostly on wii these days ;)

Back
Top Bottom