GG7's Indoor/Outdoor Grows!

GG7, thanks for stopping by!
everyhting is going along so well for you and and I am truly happy for you brother!

I am curious which way your are going to go on your pollination expirement. should be very insteresting. It was really nice of 12 to drop some valuable knowledge regarding that. Thats why we all love it here!
Keep it up and Keep em GREEN
:peace:

GG7, thanks for stopping by!
everyhting is going along so well for you and and I am truly happy for you brother!

I am curious which way your are going to go on your pollination expirement. should be very insteresting. It was really nice of 12 to drop some valuable knowledge regarding that. Thats why we all love it here!
Keep it up and Keep em GREEN
:peace:

Thanks MS! :thumb:

To be honest, I'm not really sure myself how I am going to go with the pollenation stuff! :laughtwo: The White Rhino that sexed as male took so long to do so, I figured that it was a female even though it was so much taller than the other White Rhino from the same batch of seeds.

As you might recall, the order of seeds that these plants came from was irradiated or something during transit and only a handful germinated, and half of those were badly deformed. All I had left was one Northern Lights and these two White Rhinos.

Since I have never grown White Rhino before, I had no idea what a normal WR plant is supposed to look like. Both the male and the female are vertical growers with very little horizontal branching. I tried the FIM topping method on both when they were seedlings, but I must have done something wrong, cause they didn't really grow out like a conventionally topped plant such as my recently harvested BBK 1 which I topped the old fashioned way. ;)

For now, I am just leaving the male out there among the female Urkles and right next to the White Rhino female. The pollen sacks are still not mature yet. I figure maybe another week or two before there is actually a potential for any pollen releases.

I will of course keep you guys posted on what is happening with that whole thing. I am intrigued about the idea of getting some Purple Rhino seeds out of the deal and since I don't have any seeds right now, it would be nice to have some for next season. :thumb:

right on man.... keep it posted

Thanks Robert and welcome to the 420 family! :welcome:

There is a TON of info up here and a great group of like minded people all interested in raising Cannabis awareness as well as helping each other to get the most out of their medicine both from a grower's standpoint as well as a patient's.

Be sure to let us know if we can help you with anything!

Cheers! :) :thumb:

Help Support Federal Legislation To End Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011

I wanted to make sure that you guys were aware of this new legislation and the recent post that Julie Gardener of 420 Magazine posted a few days ago.

Read the :ciao:FULL ARTICLE HERE! :ciao:

I already sent my "letter" in to my legislator and I urge everyone reading this to do the same! I also urge everyone to add a link to this article in your signature to help spread the word around the forums whenever you make a new post! :thumb:

Thanks guys! :thanks::welldone:

filekv5 said:
Damn straight..! I guess I have a letter to write :)

Thanks Kv5!

The whole process is all automated. Folks just need to read Julie's piece and a link to the automated web based letter is there. Took me all of 3 minutes to send my completed letter off to my rep! :thumb:

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

I am truly jealous of your growing abilities my fine sir I only hope one day I can grow some meds as beautiful as yours...If only I could get one of those GDP clones :yummy:
great work!

Hey CMitch! Thanks man! I appreciate the compliments! :thanks:

I was lucky in that all my previous years of growing experience with my prized Red Jalapeno pepper hybrids could be transferred so easily over to raising Cannabis. While not related, Cannabis and pepper plants do share some similarities in their growing and soil perferences which made it easier for me to transfer my techniques from one species over to another with very pleasing results! :thumb:

I hear ya about the GDP! It took me well over a year before I was finally able to get my hands on three clones from the genuine GDP strain, and I am not wasting any time in cloning them out to keep my collection going from now on! :) A very easy strain to grow and to clone I might add!

Thanks again for checking in and I hope that you will subscribe to my journal in order to follow along for the remainder of this growing season! :)

Feel free to ask questions if you have any! I or one of the other regulars who monitor this journal will be more than happy to answer it if we can! :welcome:

Weekend Update 1
Clone Progress

This will be a quick update to just show you guys how well all of our recent clones are doing after being transplated a few weeks ago.

Here we go...

Blue Cheese #2
As you can see, she has finally lost her cute little powder puff flower top and is now putting out new veg growth from her growing tip instead. Its looking like the other BC clone will need another week to catch up

P10118751.JPG

Northern Lights
Here we see clones 2 and 3 really growing up!

p1011874.JPG

NL #2

P10118761.JPG

NL #3

For some reason, number 3 is really growing out FAST! Easily the fastest grower of all the various clones we recently transplanted. Hopefully I can contain these NLs indoors over the winter. The mother plant outside is close to 6 feet tall now, and definitely likes to put on the vertical height! I plan to not only top these NL clones in the next week or two, but I will need to keep pruning these back on a regular basis to prevent them from growing too tall to stay under the same light source as shorter stature plants like the Blue Cheese clones

p1011878.JPG

Anyone got any opinions/experience maintaining the use of smaller pots (2-3 gallon) to hault vertical growth with Cannabis? Some species like my Jalapenos will stop protesting when they are root bound for a period of time and will settle in to a more static growth behavior with more branching outwards and less vertical growth. I am banking on being able to do that with this batch of clones.

Grand Daddy Purple #7

The four GDP clones are definitely in need of some room to spread out! With the fall equinox only a week away (12/12 on 09/23/11) I am moving all the BBK plants out of the flower room and back outdoors to finish flowering today, so these GDP clones will then move under the bathtub light station where we will be changing the timer over to a full veg light cycle of 19/5 for overwintering along with a change in T5 bulbs to 100% 6400k.

p1011880b.JPG

Thats it for now! :ciao:

We will have another update sometime this weekend to show the GDP in their new home as well as all the flowering plants on the back deck.

Stay tuned! :thanks:

Thanks for the info!

I have been following Mr. Krip's various Bonsai threads and links. I was more referring to growing conventional plants in a 2-3 gallon pot and wondering if the plant will eventually settle in after showing classic root bound symptoms.

BBK #4 is in a 2.5 gallon pot and has managed to reach 28" tall and has yet to show any signs of being root bound. However, I fully expect that it will eventually, and thus my question if it will be able to remain in this small pot through the entire winter.

p1011838.JPG

In the past, I would plan to transplant everything into 5 gallon pots, but with my indoor space also limited, and the number of plants I want to overwinter indoors this year more than double last season, the diameter of a 5 gallon limits the number of plants/pots I can fit under my 4 foot 6 tube Hydrofarm T5 fixture.

Girls are looking great, GG7! IMHO, you're getting great advice from the MOGI on the root pruning! It will also slow down the growth. Keep on light veg nutes and only needs moderate light.

Girls are looking great, GG7! IMHO, you're getting great advice from the MOGI on the root pruning! It will also slow down the growth. Keep on light veg nutes and only needs moderate light.

Thanks as always Mr. Krip! I can see the advantages of using square pots when it comes to that root pruning stuff.

I just got done moving the last batch of flowering BBK plants outside and the four GDP clones into the the spare bathroom which will now be my main veg room for the overwintering duties until spring 2012 arrives. I'll post some photos a bit later.

Thanks for the tips and the link to the Air-Pots Ganja! I appreciate it.

I have heard of Air-Pots but I never really knew much about what they are or what they do, how they work. So these things basically auto-prune the roots for you and eliminate the need to transplant?

I'm definitely going to look more into these. Where do you buy yours from? Is there a good online source you would recommend? I'm not only looking at these for my Cannabis, but these might be a nice alternative to the whisky barrels we traditionally use for our tomato crops, not to mention my Red Jalapenos!

28" plant in a 2 1/2 gallon not showing signs of being rootbound? Have you popped it out and looked at the rootball? If a plant has an established rootball, it can be safely inverted, tapped out, and the root ball examined for circling. I have done this for over 30+ years without damage, did this all of the thyme until OMM turned me on to AirPots.

I've got that plant in one of those fiber pots made out of a paper mache kind of material so they are a little harder to POP things out of. I generally go by the look of the plant to determine whether or not it is root bound. I've found that when the leaves are kind of drooping most of the time except immediately after watering, it is probably root bound. I haven't repotted a plant yet that didn't need the extra room after seeing it start to behave in this manner.

No circling roots in these, makes transplantation a breeze, and the growth rate is unreal in these things, check out his grow for the info.
Air-Pot Garden

I'm definitely interested in trying these out for myself next season for sure! Just need to find a good online source that doesn't gouge on shipping! :thumb:

Awesome! Thanks again Ganja! :thumb:

I have noticed that there are others out there selling similar products! I will defintely check out the web site and try to track down a dealer somewhere in the USA. If worse comes to worst, I might just buy them direct provided that the shipping charges don't kill me!

What size do you think is the best overall choice for plants under 45" tall?

Excellent info! I'm definitely going to pick some up!

Lol! :laughtwo:

Gotcha! I will PM OMM and get his opinion on what to go with. I prefer 5 gallon if I am working outdoors, but with the space limitations of my indoor light stations, the 3.7 might make more sense.

Awesome! I will do a little web surfing shopping around this weekend and try to score 5 of each of those sizes for planting next season. :thumb:

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Weekend Update II
Moving Stuff Around • Blue Cheese Mother Up Close • GDP 1 & 3

I just got done moving the BBK clones back outside to finish flowering on our back deck. I have been using a bedroom closet as the primary veg room but there isn't enough room in there, plus there are heat issues from the west facing room coupled with the lights themselves. I plan to keep a few plants in there, but the GDP clones needed more room, so they needed to go into the former Bloom Room which becomes our primary veg room this time of year for overwintering.

GDP Clones 4-7 in their new digs!
I replaced all the bloom bulbs in the 4x6 fixture to all 6400k for the long overwinter period. Probably going to have to look into transplanting these four clones in the next week since they are starting to show signs of being root bound. Nothing deal breaking yet, but I may as well get it over with sooner rather than later.

p10118821.JPG
P1011883.JPG
p1011884.JPG

BBK Clones Back Outdoors to Finish
The two weeks these gals spent in the bloom room has hastened their flowering activity just in time for the autmnal equinox on the 23rd when we reach 12/12 and quickly advance into longer and longer natural dark cycles. The trichome development is increasing now, and the late summer sun will only increase that activity

p1011885.JPG
P1011894.JPG
P10118861.JPG
p10118871.JPG

Blue Cheese Mother (Second Place POTM for July)
Although she bears little resemblance to her harvest day photo, this hearty plant is well into flower for a second time outside. Several weeks ago after she refused to reveg under 18/6 I moved her back out here and she has been budding ever since. Unfortunately, in her pruned down mother plant state, she doesn't have huge buds and instead will be making a ton of smaller buds. You can see that this girl loves to frost up! One of the many things I love about the Medicinal Organic Nursery strain of BC is the wonderful amount of natural frost!

P1011895.JPG
P1011897.JPG
P1011899.JPG

P1011900.JPG

P10119041.JPG

I'm seriously considering a new Blue Cheese seed grow for 2012 using a fresh batch of Medicinal Organic Nursery seeds directly from the company. In addition to growing some awesome bud, I am toying with the idea of maintaining a BC MALE plant to use for pollenating a few BBKs, Purple Urkles and maybe even a GDP or two! Would be cool to add this strain's awesome frost production over to these other great strains!

This all depends of course on how my White Rhino pollenation experiment goes. That male WR plant is still maturing as we speak and no pollen pods have opened yet. Looks to be getting real close though, so next update might feature a whole bunch on that project! :thumb:

GDP 1 and 3
GDP #1 has somewhat recovered from the soil issues, but she is not going to be the stellar performer her sibling GDP #2 was last month

p1011892.JPG
P1011893.JPG

GDP #3
I am starting to question whether this pant is actually a GDP plant! The buds do not look the same as GDP 1 and 2, but before the flowering, it looked identical to the other two. Perhaps this was cut from a different GDP mother? We will have to wait and see if it turns purple and and of course, passes the SMELL TEST! Nothing smells like genuine GDP and that will be the definitive test! If this isn't a GDP plant, then what is it? It bears a striking physical resemblance to God Bud

P1011891.JPG

So... There you have it for this weekend folks!:thanks:

Thanks as always for your continued interest and support of our growing efforts!

P.S. A SPECIAL THANKS to Ganja Arnanda for recommending those Air Pots! I just ordered six 3.4 and six 5.2 gallon sizes. The four GDP clones will be the first plants to try these out! I figure that they are going to be around for a good portion of next season as mothers, so a pot like the Air Pot makes sense for any long duration plant! Just goes to show that there is always something new to learn about this stuff regardless of how long you have been a grower! ;)

Reps for you my friend! :thumb:

AWESOME!! :yahoo: Thanks Buddy! :)

I can't wait to try them out with the four GDP clones! :thumb:

Using airpots is more labor intensive, but definitely worth it!

Gotta say though, the time it took OMM and me to pot like... Seven or eight 2 gallon regular pots takes less time than potting say half the amount of plants in airpots!

If you had tons and tons of plants it would be a full time job. No joke!

I always hear how they are good... No one tells you they take forever, just saying! :)

Back
Top Bottom