GHS WW & WRhino by Flyfishinrock

Right now with the exhaust running through the hood I can keep the temps in the tent almost identical to the room its in; which is in the low to very low 70's, lately thats up to 74 in the day (if I forget to crack the window)and 65 at night. The diffuser has worked great in my opinion, the hot spot directly under the bulb is a touch cooler than befor I had it installed but the best part is the light is spread out more uniformly so the plants right under the light dont shoot up and steal the light from the rest of the canopy as they did befor. I wouldnt hesitate to buy another in the future.

I am not happy at all with the 100% ff's diluted down a touch; my ph is dropping big time at night, from 5.8 down to around 4.8- 5.0 requiring about 3tsp PH up per 13gals daily!!
I am going to give them a flush today and mix a fresh batch at around 1.6 EC; right now I am around EC 1.8-2.0 (on the .5 ppm scale). Gonna be a pain, but a necessary one.

Yeah when i click on them it says internet explorer can not display this page. I'll try to get to them manually.

Hmmm that's weird. I can't even access the gardners digest home page...

the orignal links worked fine as do the replacements, must be your browser. clear out your cookies and temp files and you should be good.

So have you investigated the possible ballz on Demi? Cause i have found some ballz on my WW clones... I've taken mine off but dont mind hermie WW seeds.

^ I cant decide what to do, I aint no doc and afraid to do surgery!! lol One opened up today and dosent look like a male to me, I mean it does but it dosent. It definitely has the lobster claw look to it but also fem hairs coming out of it. I dont know what to think, I know I dont want to pollinate the whole tent but probably too late if its gonna happen........

well, just finished flushing the plants. 15 minutes every hour for 6 hours, using 1 1/2 tsp flora kleen/gal. It pulled about 112 ppm(.500 scale) of salts out of the rocks and dropped about .5 in PH. Now I am going to do like I did with GH nutes and disregard the nute schedule strength and just shoot for 800 ppm (.500 scale), which is an EC of 1.6. If I ever find a job I will get an ec pen and scrap my ppm pen, tds\ppm pens actually measure the ec then convert it to the format they use (one of three) causing way too much confusion for me.

The plants really took a turn for the worst over the last two days, I believe this will fix the situation.

Just got the confirmation that my double strawberry diesel is on the way!! woo-hooo. :allgood::cheer:This time next week I should be germinating, alright, alright, alright....
First check on the nutes after the res change was a happy time, the first time in forever I hav'nt had to add two or three tsp. of ph up to keep my ph straight.:headbanger::woohoo::headbanger: EC is a beautiful 1.5-1.6 (right between actually), hope this gets the "ladies" health back where I want them to be.
My veg room is getting way out of control, so its time to experiment, think I am going to get some soil today and see if these strains react differently than in hydro. The hydro takes up alot of height because of the res's, if I go soil with these I can slip them into another spot with less worries. Gotta go see what Harry and McBudz use, I have no shame in copying these guys!!:adore:

Gotta get off my ass and hit the hydro store, :peace: all

went to the garden store and had a little bit of fun.....
0308.JPG

I added everything you see here along with a half of another bag of perlite, and 1/2 cup fine dolomite lime per cu. foot. Mixed it like a madman.
all organic, gonna keep it that way start to finish. I transplanted into #5 nursery pots, and picked up some 8qt plastic oil pans @ Harbor Freight for the runoff treys. Got greedy and slipped 2 in #2 pots also....:smokin: those two will be given away if the others do well.
this is a week and a half or two after transplant fromt being rooted in a rapid rooter then put into a coco tek organic cube
0375.JPG

here it is in the soil mix
03910.JPG
0388.JPG

Heres a few pics of the flower tent.......demi..
01028.JPG

00840.JPG
00736.JPG

Heres my poor mis, she got a real bad lockout.
00250.JPG

still puggin away at getting the right fert mix, not too sure I am happy with either strain, I am going to e-mail green house tomorrow and let them know they may be losing their number one fan. it was only five seeds but three never did anything and i was pow. mildew prone, the other cross dresses. lol Thats why I went with the Resavoir seeds this next grow; greenhouse was good to me in the past so I will try them again but I will have to wait for a haze craving......mmmm....haze

That's strange about GHS seeds out of the ones I got so far all germinated. But the 2 with cracked shells (from the seed bank crushing the blister pack to stop the rattle) germinated then died.

Did you score your seeds? I used a match box with sand paper taped to the inside. Put them in shake for a minute it makes the shells easy to split.

I then put them in water for 30 mins then to a damp paper towel and put them in a warm dark place. I have not had a seed not germinate yet.

Hope this helps. I have a lot of GHS stock.

Pan4

I had always had good success with greenhouse in the past, I feel like the colored shit they put on the seeds, (I got the black and white pack), may have something to do with it. The white widow seeds were the "white" and the coating came off fairly easily, the white rhino were covered in the black "stuff" and it stayed on......sort-of seemed like the stuff to line the beds of pick-up trucks but not as thick. I got the feeling they used up their strength just opening up. I think your right I should have scarified them (think thats how to spell it). lol
The transplants seem to be doing well in the soil, I gave fairly heavy 2nd watering to settle the soil, drained very well and then topped the pots off with hydroton. I filled the bath-tub up with H2O then dumped them in, the floaters will be used for aeration in the outdoor adventure this year, the ones that sank I used to top off the pots; the floaters suck .
Gotta go and check the res's now
:peace:

things are moving along at a snails pace right now, the transplants to soil seem to be doing fine. I seem to have a p/k def on both treys in flower, mostly P i think. I have a pretty cool room so bumped the temp up on the environmental controls to see if that helps, EC is steady at 1.6, I am having to add ph up again.......around a TBSP per 15 gallons to get me up to 5.9 in the mornings. The G-Hydro nutes seemed more stable than the FF's I am using now, do you think having a .7 drop over the course of the day is causing issues?

Sorry to hear about the bad luck with GHS. I actually like they way they sell the mix of seeds. If I were of a mind to purchase seeds, I probably would have tried those peeps.

Anyway, your garden in looking good. You're starting to get some nice frost on those nugs!!

:peace:

Harry

Back
Top Bottom