Golden Tiger - In Hydro By Gwhunran 2023

Golden Tiger
Day 48 since flip.

The grow area is running normally.

The CO2 bucket is still bubbling nicely on day 8. :)

The plants are looking good. Got a little tip burn on some but it hasn't changed in many days so I would say I am at the edge of max nitrogen. Still way below normal amounts for this stage of growth. The future plan is to go backward a touch on nitrogen on the next reservoir change and start slowly adding increasing K&P as the flowers grow.

GT Day 48 flower (2).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 48 flower.

GT Day 48 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 48 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 48 flower (1).JPG

Sounds like a great plan and proceeding very slowly is the best way I found. Looking very nice btw. CL🍀 :thumb: :cheer:

Golden Tiger
Day 49 since flip.

The CO2 bucket is slowing down.

The plants are drinking a good amount as indicated by the amount required at the bi-daily reservoir top ups.
The PH is holding steady with small adjustments.

The heat wave is over, so I'm back to running one AC during lights on. I'm still running both at lights out, when the rooms are separated.

GT Day 49 flower (2).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 49 flower.

GT Day 49 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 49 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 49 flower (5).JPG

GT Day 49 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger
Day 50 since flip.

Fresh CO2 bucket today.

The plants are still looking good. Several stalks have already been moved toward the outside and into thinner areas of the 2nd screen while waiting on others to catch up.

GT Day 50 flower (2).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 50 flower.

GT Day 50 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 50 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 50 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger
Day 51 since flip.

The CO2 bucket is bubbling hard. :cheer:

The plants are drinking more, the reservoir is dropping more between bi-daily top ups.:)

Probably do a reservoir change tomorrow.:hmmmm:

They are flowering slowly but nicely. Should be a screen full.:cheesygrinsmiley:

GT Day 51 flower (2).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 51 flower.

GT Day 51 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 51 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 51 flower (5).JPG

GT Day 51 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger
Day 52 since flip.

Reservoir change this morning. Used modified GH three part liquid nute recommended amounts for 17 gallons. Used less Micro and less CalMag+ than previous change, since minor tip burn before. Added small amount of KoolBloom{0-10-10) PHed to 5.8-6.2.

The plants are looking good and continuing to stretch towards the light. More stalks are passing the 2nd screen and some of the tallest have been moved out on the 2nd screen about as far as they can be moved. :oops:

The CO2 bucket is bubbling strongly. It will be moved to the Colombian Gold side soon. I think they could benefit more than the already known robust flowering Golden Tiger strain.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

GT Day 52 flower (2).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 52 flower.

GT Day 52 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 52 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 52 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger
Day 53 since flip.

The CO2 bucket is bubbling nicely.

The plants continue to look good and reach for the light. I believe there are two different phenos in my grow.:hmmmm::) The one in front and on the right are one phenotype. Taller, wider node spacing. The one on the left is a different phenotype, shorter with tighter node spacing. Last picture is a closer view of the left plants flower structure.:)

GT Day 53 flower (2).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 53 flower.

GT Day 53 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 53 flower (5).JPG

GT Day 53 flower (6).JPG

GT Day 53 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 53 flower. Flower structure on front and right phenotypes, taller with wider node spacing.

GT Day 53 flower left pheno.JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 53 flower. Closer view of left phenotype. Still under the 2nd screen, shorter with tighter node spacing. The phenotypes remind me of the Panama, green pheno tall, red pheno short and more compact. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Very interested in how this grow does as I have some golden tiger seeds I will be starting soon
Your plants are looking good alot of buds comming on good job
Thanks. I should get a decent canopy above the 2nd screen. I hope the plants on the right and in front don't overshadow the different pheno on the left.

Golden Tiger
Day 54 since flip.

The CO2 bucket continues to bubble.

The plants are looking good and continue their slow stretch toward the light. :) Some of the taller branches that have been moved outward on the screen, have secondary branches that will be passing through the 2nd screen. :cheesygrinsmiley: I figure there's still a couple weeks left of stretch, before they just start fattening up.:bong:

GT Day 54 flower (2).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 54 flower.

GT Day 54 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 54 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 54 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger
Day 55 since flip.

The CO2 bucket is still bubbling nicely.

The plants are still looking good. The PH is staying in range with the bi-daily reservoir top ups with high PH tap water.

The partition between grows will stay open now as the Colombian Gold next door will have it's first of many long nights. The dehumidifier will now be shared 24/7 between grows and only one AC will be in use. Whichever side that has the CO2 will not have it's AC running. It'll keep it a few degrees warmer on the CO2 side.

GT Day 55 flower (2).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 55 flower.

GT Day 55 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 55 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 55 flower (5).JPG

GT Day 55 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 55 flower. Shorter fatter plant on the left.

Golden Tiger
Day 56 since flip.

The grow area is running normally. The batteries in the temp/humidity sensor in the GT area had to be replaced yesterday.

The CO2 bucket is bubbling nicely.

The plants are looking good. A few stalk adjustments were made to the 2nd screen.

GT Day 56 flower (2).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 56 flower.

GT Day 56 flower (3).JPG

GT Day 56 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 56 flower (5).JPG

GT Day 56 flower (1).JPG

This strain seems like a popular grow, im about done with indica hybrids, im ready to fill some jars with sativa, looks great !!
Good luck on the rest of the grow 🪴
I like it all but also like to have some variety. I won't usually grow so many Sativa strains in a year. The Fuel D.OG hits like an Indica though.

Golden Tiger
Day 57 since flip.

The CO2 bucket is bubbling away.

The plants are looking good. The plant on the left is not as happy with the nutrient load as the one in front and the one on the right. They seem happy with the reservoir so it's two to one for the way it is.

GT Day 57 flower (2).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 57 flower.

GT Day 57 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 57 flower (6).JPG

GT Day 57 flower (7).JPG

GT Day 57 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 57 flower. Mostly pheno on the left.

Golden Tiger
Day 57 since flip.

The CO2 bucket is bubbling away.

The plants are looking good. The plant on the left is not as happy with the nutrient load as the one in front and the one on the right. They seem happy with the reservoir so it's two to one for the way it is.

GT Day 57 flower (2).JPG

GT Day 57 flower (4).JPG

GT Day 57 flower (6).JPG

GT Day 57 flower (7).JPG

GT Day 57 flower (1).JPG

Golden Tiger, Day 57 flower. Mostly pheno on the left.
I think I might try reducing my ec intake of nutrients. But this seems to be when they’re the most sensitive so I would say slooowly. But you’re doing great 👍. CL🍀

Is it the more Thai looking pheno? That one certainly doesn't like it too strong.

It's difficult running different phenos on the same nutrient, especially when they are so sensitive.

As you say, the other 2 look like they love it, so it's 2 to 1 for keeping things as they are, although I'd be tempted to just lower the ec a fraction, though it's many years since I did my last hydro and you know what your doing 🙂

I think I might try reducing my ec intake of nutrients. But this seems to be when they’re the most sensitive so I would say slooowly. But you’re doing great 👍. CL🍀

Is it the more Thai looking pheno? That one certainly doesn't like it too strong.

It's difficult running different phenos on the same nutrient, especially when they are so sensitive.

As you say, the other 2 look like they love it, so it's 2 to 1 for keeping things as they are, although I'd be tempted to just lower the ec a fraction, though it's many years since I did my last hydro and you know what your doing 🙂
I am already using very little Micro and very little CalMag+. That's where most of the nitrogen is at. I'm using the normal amounts of Grow and Bloom which is mostly, P and K. Using a little KoolBloom which is all P and K. Do you guys think it's still too much nitrogen? :hmmmm: No chance of deficiency with too little of some micro nutrient?:hmmmm:

I am already using very little Micro and very little CalMag+. That's where most of the nitrogen is at. I'm using the normal amounts of Grow and Bloom which is mostly, P and K. Using a little KoolBloom which is all P and K. Do you guys think it's still too much nitrogen? :hmmmm: No chance of deficiency with too little of some micro nutrient?:hmmmm:
No I don’t think it’s the problem but with the PK I would gradually lower it. CL🍀 Edit: tbh I would’ve started with half of their recommendations but too late now. I would gradually lower the Pk.

The easiest thing would be to eliminate the KoolBloom to lower the PK.

This is the bottle concentration of each of the three parts.

Grow-2-1-6
Micro-5-0-1
Bloom-0-5-4

The typical amounts used for Early Bloom 17 gallons reservoir in re-circulate mode.

Grow: 50ml
Micro: 135ml
Bloom: 180ml

The amounts I'm using on the modified Early Bloom.

Grow: 50ml
Micro: 60ml
Bloom: 180ml

The usual amounts used of CalMag+ used on most grows at this stage:
CalMag+=60ml
KoolBloom 35-40ml

The amounts being used in the current reservoir.
CalMag+(2-0-0) = 20ml
KoolBloom(0-10-10) =20ml.

I'll try and remember to remove a leaf tomorrow for a picture of the pheno on the left.

Back in the day when I did hydro I found after many years that I could grow better weed using less nutrients.

Certainly the manufactures encouraged us to use way more than is needed.

I'd be tempted to dilute the formula just a shade and see what difference it made. I doubt that the other 2 would suffer for having it a fraction weaker.

Back
Top Bottom