Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

Hey GT and company just got a little
Break time , I have two ounces of Purple Punch , squishing time . Press is out of moth balls got her warmed up. Typical 190f degrees all at 3 minutes (30 seconds 1k psi, 90 seconds 25k psi and then 5k psi in the last 60 seconds . Total was 8.2 grams of rosin .
240f degrees decarb took 33 minutes before bubbles were gone . Magnetic stirrer ran till we 125 mL cco plus decarbed rosin plus lecithin was mixed and down to 80f degrees. Made 159 OO capsules.
The buzz very satisfying, no jelly legs I’ll guarantee 2 will add the stumbling effects.

Grandpa, this has GOT to be one of the finest weed how to's I've ever seen! Thanks ! Two questions though; 1) what kind of tool were you using to get the rosin off the parchment? 2) How did you transfer it to those silicone mats?

@onewarmguy Grandpa, this has GOT to be one of the finest weed how to's I've ever seen! Thanks ! Two questions though; 1) what kind of tool were you using to get the rosin off the parchment? 2) How did you transfer it to those silicone mats?

1. It’s a normal dab tool. I think this one came out of a clay-sculpting set.
2. Once the Rosin is collected onto the dab tool I simply grab it with the silicon pad and pull it off the tool and onto the pad. The rosin sticks to the silicon nicely and then I sandwich the rosin between two silicon pads. It takes a little practice, but once you play with it a little it becomes easier…LOL! :D *remember, Rosin sticks to itself.

How long do you soak them for? I was thinking of trying that.

About a minute at the most. I try not to get much green from the beginning. Just a quick wash…you want the filtered final solution to look like a decently hydrated urine sample. More yellow-gold than green if that makes sense.

Nice press @Grandpa Tokin ! I'd hit that for sure!!! It bugs me when the bags burst. I try to flip my bags inside out and then try to fold the corners in too. Seems like it holds onto a lot of rosin in the crevices at times. Granted, I don't have a lot of presses under my belt yet though. So there's still a large mountain of ignorance to climb.

I LOVE this Exseed Dabcool ($80) for my flower rosin!, easy to clean, does not clog like the smaller dab pens. I have it on the lowest setting which is still a little hot so I turn it off before it maxes out. This and my Starry flower vaporizer FOR LIFE! :)

20211230_164954 (1).jpg
20211230_164933 (1).jpg

I have a small bottle to keep alcohol in and some swabs, it takes one swab to clean it (2 sides) after each use. After a couple months at once a day or so only minor discoloration on the bottom of the quartz. Comes with both quartz and ceramic bowls.

I LOVE this Exseed Dabcool ($80) for my flower rosin!, easy to clean, does not clog like the smaller dab pens. I have it on the lowest setting which is still a little hot so I turn it off before it maxes out. This and my Starry flower vaporizer FOR LIFE! :)

20211230_164954 (1).jpg
20211230_164933 (1).jpg

I have a small bottle to keep alcohol in and some swabs, it takes one swab to clean it (2 sides) after each use. After a couple months at once a day or so only minor discoloration on the bottom of the quartz. Comes with both quartz and ceramic bowls.
Wow, $80 is a steal! I have a similar style vape that I also love but was not nearly as good of a deal

Wow, $80 is a steal! I have a similar style vape that I also love but was not nearly as good of a deal
Yeah, I agree. That looks like a great little rig. I may have to look into something like that. But then it would be another device on my already cluttered dabbing space. Hmmm...
:smokin::hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom