Grandpa Tokin’s Perpetual

Belated happy birthday GT! Glad to hear your shedding pounds n getting healthy. I been crazy busy wit the new grow facility, bout got it wrapped up . Hope ya get to see it one day.

Thanks man!

I’d love to! We need to get together for sure.

I’m in I do soiless so it will be definitely interesting to learn more about a DWC set up maybe iluse some techniques to improve on my one set up

Welcome. I’ve got 4 single buckets going right now. I look forward to your input. Although, there’s a lot of shenanigans going on in here...some shady characters too... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Welcome. I’ve got 4 single buckets going right now. I look forward to your input. Although, there’s a lot of shenanigans going on in here...some shady characters too... :cheesygrinsmiley:
Very nice they look gorgeous how long have you been vegging those girls and I my slef have 4 indica dominant OG crosses growing in 5 gal smart pots with pro mix and advanced nutrients

Hey GT qwick DWC question for you, do you use any kind of microbes in the solution like sole form of liquid suspended mycorrhiza it something in soiless I use a few different micro organisms for many reasons( some create amino and humic acids, others will buffer ph at different levels and some are just root inoculation like mycorrhiza that want root mass) I would imagine the would have just as much beneficial additions to a hydro solution after reading threw your journal you have gotten me seriously thinking of doing a side by side for my next grow with a DIY DWC bucket and a soiless mixture in same size container I will most likely try to start with clones for best genetic base line

Very nice they look gorgeous how long have you been vegging those girls and I my slef have 4 indica dominant OG crosses growing in 5 gal smart pots with pro mix and advanced nutrients

Here’s what I got going right now:

GG4 Mom is huge. She’s getting donated to a good cause next week. I have several clones going and one of them will replace this one:

I just received a beautiful Sour Angel cut. I’m planning on putting her outside if it ever stops fucking snowing. We’ll see...plans often change around here:

In the flower room I have these three girls. Back left is the Tangie, right is the GSC, and in the front is the Bubblelicious. They were all only vegged for about a week or so. They’ve been under 12-12 for a week. They all threw pistols a yesterday. I’m calling today day 1 of flower just for the heck of it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey GT qwick DWC question for you, do you use any kind of microbes in the solution like sole form of liquid suspended mycorrhiza it something in soiless I use a few different micro organisms for many reasons( some create amino and humic acids, others will buffer ph at different levels and some are just root inoculation like mycorrhiza that want root mass) I would imagine the would have just as much beneficial additions to a hydro solution after reading threw your journal you have gotten me seriously thinking of doing a side by side for my next grow with a DIY DWC bucket and a soiless mixture in same size container I will most likely try to start with clones for best genetic base line

I use Hydroguard from Botanicare, which is a bacillus root inoculant. Seems to work well with my style.

I’m very interested in your side-by-side. Definitely would be interesting.

Wow GT not only do you have beautifully set up areas but gorgeous genetics to boot and wow you only begged them for a week I really have to look into building a DWC bucket here in the closet; there is what I’m working with right now they are only really starting their true veg about a week or 2 they look stunted as I was doing some serious LST to pop new branches now I’m leaving them to mellow out and grow the other is my 2016 outdoor I thought you would like that girl it was an interesting situation I had her grow right threw my pot and started binding roots in the water underneath it was a running swamp so almost like a natural hydro system the cover crop I flattened gave the roots perfect protection from the sun to soak down into the swamp I have NEVER seen outdoor take off like that and smoked beautifully

Attachments

• AF72A81B-507B-40D4-B20D-807A14B93CFB.jpeg
    AF72A81B-507B-40D4-B20D-807A14B93CFB.jpeg
    480.9 KB · Views: 47
  • C62861A1-F6E7-48EC-8F8E-0C0A699B0C79.jpeg
    C62861A1-F6E7-48EC-8F8E-0C0A699B0C79.jpeg
    742.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 5D4B3DB3-6E6E-4EC1-9367-A7080D0773A3.jpeg
    5D4B3DB3-6E6E-4EC1-9367-A7080D0773A3.jpeg
    729.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 3CF86A78-C567-4F56-9F27-F6DC434ADFA5.jpeg
    3CF86A78-C567-4F56-9F27-F6DC434ADFA5.jpeg
    622.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 0D392117-71F6-4098-8CA8-08935B795617.jpeg
    0D392117-71F6-4098-8CA8-08935B795617.jpeg
    794.7 KB · Views: 40
  • A88A1B47-C84F-492D-8A02-65E2402178B1.jpeg
    A88A1B47-C84F-492D-8A02-65E2402178B1.jpeg
    855.7 KB · Views: 41
I use Hydroguard from Botanicare, which is a bacillus root inoculant. Seems to work well with my style.

I’m very interested in your side-by-side. Definitely would be interesting.
I will have to wait until the closet is clear my wife will only let me have one grow space as we rent atm and have kids but as soon as these girls grow up that’s my next venture and I will keep you posted on any details I work out and probably pick up some DWC tips

Looks awesome. I understand the room size constraints. I did that for awhile. I’m lucky now that I have more room.

I don’t do much training—I’ll top plants often—but mostly I just let them do what they want. It’s gotten me in trouble many times, but I’m okay with it. I normally don’t have to worry if they get too tall since I have plenty of room and head space. It’s just a pain in the tush. Also, since it’s just me that’s using this stuff, I don’t need tons-o-weed... :cheesygrinsmiley: I usually have an abundance anyway...yes, yes I do. :snowboating:

Looks awesome. I understand the room size constraints. I did that for awhile. I’m lucky now that I have more room.

I don’t do much training—I’ll top plants often—but mostly I just let them do what they want. It’s gotten me in trouble many times, but I’m okay with it. I normally don’t have to worry if they get too tall since I have plenty of room and head space. It’s just a pain in the tush. Also, since it’s just me that’s using this stuff, I don’t need tons-o-weed... :cheesygrinsmiley: I usually have an abundance anyway...yes, yes I do. :snowboating:
I’m pretty lucky there too I have about 8” head space (minus my carbon scrubber and hanging hardware) the training was more from lack of width I only have about 2’x3’ in there witch I’m sure I can make work I have fastened my fans and electric and pretty much everything to walls and kept the floor space for the girls with a small humidifier to help them out as it’s cold here in Canada so humidity is hard to get at least for a month or so, anyways the training in doing I to try and allow both penetration of the light with strategically guiding branches where they will best fill out

Back
Top Bottom