Grandpa Tokin’s Perpetual

Hey GT, it's unreal how the DDA looks almost black in colour. :jawdropper: Is the DDA generally a smaller growing auto? Iv'e not seen a large DDA plant yet.

I generally get like 2oz off my DDA in Hempy. Gunna try DWC next time

I've heard Rifleman got 7oz off one, and others have got 4oz

But yes, generally it's not a huge yielder

Hey GT, it's unreal how the DDA looks almost black in colour. :jawdropper: Is the DDA generally a smaller growing auto? Iv'e not seen a large DDA plant yet.
I generally get like 2oz off my DDA in Hempy. Gunna try DWC next time

I've heard Rifleman got 7oz off one, and others have got 4oz

But yes, generally it's not a huge yielder

This is my first experience growing a DDA. I have watched several people on here grow them (always envious) and then I had the opportunity to try a nice bud. I fell in love. The Rosin was so spicy and delightful that I knew I had to grow it.

This particular plant is small, but she’s very pretty. From a distance she looks like a small evergreen or spruce. The purple is so dark it does look black until the sun hits her. My next one will be in DWC also; and indoors under LEDs. Probably do one in December if I get a few good oz off this one. I’d be happy with 2 oz from what she looks like. I’m looking forward to tasting her again.

This is my first experience growing a DDA. I have watched several people on here grow them (always envious) and then I had the opportunity to try a nice bud. I fell in love. The Rosin was so spicy and delightful that I knew I had to grow it.

I also covet the Dark Devil, but wish it was also availabile in photo period so it could be vegged out to increase yield. Even in the new grow, I would need a min of 6 ounces to make it worth the space and time. I didn't even build my new space yet and am already calculating demands of it, lol.

I also covet the Dark Devil, but wish it was also availabile in photo period so it could be vegged out to increase yield. Even in the new grow, I would need a min of 6 ounces to make it worth the space and time. I didn't even build my new space yet and am already calculating demands of it, lol.

Hahaha! Typical over achiever. Type Ay!

A photo of this would be nice. I’d definitely keep one going.

I've got a few crosses of DDA I love

GDP
ACDC
ATF

A got nice colors but not the full Black/Purple yet

Maybe I'll find a pheno with it someday

Nice beans! I can't believe you'd stop cloning yours though :).

I’m keeping it alive as long as I can. I’d hate to hunt for one. As long as I have the original I can play with all the others.

I’ve been doing DWC for a long time. I’m not used to soil...and I forgot about fucking gnats! I haven’t had a gnat in my grow for several years. I put dirt back in here and boom! Gnats! I hate them!

I’m going back to hydro ASAP. It won’t be for a month or more, but I’ll get it accomplished. Fuck I hate gnats!

I’ve been doing DWC for a long time. I’m not used to soil...and I forgot about fucking gnats! I haven’t had a gnat in my grow for several years. I put dirt back in here and boom! Gnats! I hate them!

I’m going back to hydro ASAP. It won’t be for a month or more, but I’ll get it accomplished. Fuck I hate gnats!

That SUCKS! I need to stop hydro and begin soil in about 2 months and in my 6 years growing, have never had a bug at any of my locations. I am definitely not looking forward to dealing with this drama. Are there any plants I can grow that will deter pests? I'll definitely keep the new room clean and plan to order some tyvek suits to wear in the grow so not to bring anything in with me when I go in. The room will also be sealed, and I will commit to filtering the inlet, but to save on weight switching to soil is a must as I can't have 9 reservoirs with 10 gal in each.

Do you have any suggestions?

I’m putting yellow stickies everywhere. Don’t use the bagged stuff if you can help it. I used FFOF and one of the bags had these little bastards. I miss my simple life with DWC...hahaha! Never thought I’d say that.

I'm using peat most cut with perlite and lime, called Faux Mix, and is a homemade promix. I then tried my luck at amending that to similar numbers of Doc's brix kit with salts I have on hand. As best I know, the peat doesn't come with bugs, but it's been cut with 30 lbs of worm castings, so I presume as soon as plants are potted and put into the grow, that mix will attract bugs. I hope I'm wrong, but I'd like to prepare for the event I'm right.

That SUCKS! I need to stop hydro and begin soil in about 2 months and in my 6 years growing, have never had a bug at any of my locations. I am definitely not looking forward to dealing with this drama. Are there any plants I can grow that will deter pests? I'll definitely keep the new room clean and plan to order some tyvek suits to wear in the grow so not to bring anything in with me when I go in. The room will also be sealed, and I will commit to filtering the inlet, but to save on weight switching to soil is a must as I can't have 9 reservoirs with 10 gal in each.

Do you have any suggestions?
I kept them away with simple proper watering. Right up to when I put barnyard dung in my soil. That did it. I seem to have no control now and need to combat them. No animal shit = no gnats for me. Letting the pot dry before watering again and that should do it. I grew for a couple of years without a problem. Now they live with us. Safers garden dust in my LOS keeps them down to a light roar, and today some neem in the water in the soil. They do suck. I'm considering not using barn shit in the future. Bunnies are much cuter. Yea bunny poop's next I believe. I can follow them around and do some collecting.

Back
Top Bottom