Grow #2: Outdoor/CFL Auto 420 Blueberry & AK-47 Smart Pots With Dr Earth Soil

Grow #2 - Outdoor/CFL Auto 420 Blueberry & AK-47 Smart Pots With Dr Earth Soil

Late Sunday update all, so happy Monday to many of you!

AK 7 seemed to be struggling for some reason, so I took a pic and blew it up. Here's what it looked like:

20171001_114020.jpg

Not sure if you can see, but it look like some of the seed hull stayed behind and was encasing the leaves. So I got a toothpick and a magnifying glass and freed the poor things:

20171001_160810.jpg

About an hour later I planted it, and you can see that the first true leaves have been distorted, probably permanently:

20171001_165456.jpg

20171001_165641.jpg

I don't think that it will have any long term effect on the plant, but I'm glad I noticed. Had it waited to sort itself out it probably would have stunted the growth.

Then I put it and Blue 4 (and AK 4 because what the heck) under the CFLs for the night. No I still haven't built new tin foil hats for the CFLs. Stop asking!

Maybe let the one that is struggling dry out that looks really wet man? Just thinking from what me sees .. Also use s tooth pick and pipe cleaners or strong like zip tie stuff and just straighten her up and tell her to get her shot together keys grow mutha fukka let's grow ...

Shed, I never get any notifications from this thread. Anyone else having this problem. Just curious. I get the ones from your first thread.

I do t get half my notifications but I try to keep up lol

Looking good shed! I'm sure the one will bounce back :)
Bonsai looks good too. Getting fuzzy!

It's Thursday and I am ready for this week to be over. I need a nap...

Let's start with AK 4 on day 43, which I am still keeping for some reason, even though it's a bonzai:

20171005_091910.jpg

20171005_091842.jpg

And now on to the newer arrivals. Here's Blue 4 on day 6. Didn't see any dead caterpillars this morning but I'm hoping that whatever has been munching has taken its last bite:

20171005_091818.jpg

And here is AK 7 on day 4, looking perfectly normal:

20171005_091804.jpg

The two young'uns got their first nutes this morning. They each got ¼ gallon with BigBloom (2 tsp/gal) and Great White (½ tsp/gal). Ok roots...do your stuff!
Big Bloom is great, my girls love it.✌️

They're grooving right along shed! Looks like the little nibbler bit the dust. I noticed someone else saying sometime a critter comes along take a bite then says no thanks and continues on their way. I guess not everyone loves cannabis like we do :) well that and apparently healthy plants are able to ward off pests also. Either way glad to see you have some ladies back in veg. Should be a great ride!

I think B.B. 4 will be fine!! Ak looking sweet.:thumb: Cool we got some plants within a week of each other again. I’ll try not to yank mine up in panic this time. It’s really hurting me buying meds , when that money could be used for a new growant light, and getting a better setup going. Ahhh. Later bro!!

Saturday morning and getting hot again here in SoCal! Weather.com has it at 86º with a high of 88º. Should I move the babies inside or just give them some shade?

Here they are:

Blue 4 day 8, with downturned leaves :-(

20171007_104125.jpg

20171007_104132.jpg

AK 7 day 6, also with the sad leaves:

20171007_104144.jpg

20171007_104152.jpg

And finally, AK 4 on day 45! Nutes today were 1/2 gallon water with .5tsp/gal TigerBloom and .5tsp/gal OpenSesame bc if I'm growing it out to see what it produces I might as well waste a little money on it at the same time! Might even hammer it hard now and see how it can take the strain:

20171007_104208.jpg

Trichomes!

20171007_104218cr.jpg

Saturday morning and getting hot again here in SoCal! Weather.com has it at 86º with a high of 88º. Should I move the babies inside or just give them some shade?

Here they are:

Blue 4 day 8, with downturned leaves :-(

20171007_104125.jpg

20171007_104132.jpg

AK 7 day 6, also with the sad leaves:

20171007_104144.jpg

20171007_104152.jpg

And finally, AK 4 on day 45! Nutes today were 1/2 gallon water with .5tsp/gal TigerBloom and .5tsp/gal OpenSesame bc if I'm growing it out to see what it produces I might as well waste a little money on it at the same time! Might even hammer it hard now and see how it can take the strain:

20171007_104208.jpg

Trichomes!

20171007_104218cr.jpg
Poor girls! Maybe just some shade? Is there any breeze?

Hahaha look at you feeding her!
Softy!

There's actually go na be a little cola there!!

Poor girls! Maybe just some shade? Is there any breeze?
Hahaha look at you feeding her!
Softy! There's actually gonna be a little cola there!!

No breeze lately (and if I put the fan on them in the shed the tinfoil blows around!). Also, it's getting too hot out there for them, so I put them in the shade.

Yeah, felt bad so now I'm going to pump the P in there!

Do you think the little ones might be too saturated?
I think so too, just let them dry up some and they will perk up.

Doesn't seem wet except the middle where the peat plug is, but I will def let it dry out in the heat for a few days before I water again and see how it goes. Hopefully uplifting pics on the 'morrow!

Monday and a happy Thanksgiving to my northern neighbors upstairs in Canadia (as my son used to say)...home of Walk off the Earth and many of our 420 growers!

Here's the update for the day. Not much to speak of, except that AK 7's leaves have lifted a bit, though Blue 4 is still pretty sad. Also, I have some tiny flying bugs living in the dirt that neem oil doesn't seem to be handling. Any thoughts? Pic below.

Blue 4 day 10:

20171009_092525.jpg

20171009_092540.jpg

AK 7 day 8:

20171009_092456.jpg

20171009_092505.jpg

The hard-to-kill tiny flying things:

20171009_092540bug.jpg

AK 4 day 47!

20171009_092605.jpg

Brown pistils and new white ones as well...

20171009_092556.jpg

If that will work I can put a small bowl on each of them when I put them under the CFLs tonight. Thanks!

Found this online for fungus gnats:
Killing adults:
• Fill about the bottom one-half of a deep bowl with apple cider vinegar
• Add five drops of liquid dish soap to the apple cider vinegar
• Place the bowl near your houseplants
• Remove all decaying plant material from the soil of your houseplants
• Let the plants' soil dry to a depth of about 2 inches

Killing the Eggs:
• Remove all decaying plant material from the soil of your houseplants. You may need to remove some of the top layer of soil as well to get all of the decaying plant material.
• Let the plants' soil dry to a depth of about 2 inches.
• Mix 1 tablespoon of liquid dish soap and 1 teaspoon of white vinegar with the water you will use to water your houseplants.
• Give your plants' soil the water containing liquid dish soap and white vinegar every other time you water the plants. Let the soil dry to a depth of 2 inches before you water the soil again. Eventually, the mixture will kill fungus gnat eggs and larvae.

What I found is similar:

Create a trap by mixing apple cider-vinegar-with a few drops of dish soap. Another home-made trap is to pour leftover red wine into a jar.-

Pour vinegar in bowls and add a few drops of dishwashing liquid. Cover the top of the bowl with a layer of plastic wrap, pulled tight, and poke holes in it. They attracted to the scent of vinegar, will enter, remain trapped in the liquid, and eventually die.

Glad I could help!! I'm still such a newbie but feel good about having picked up tons of info.... some of it is even sticking to the gray matter

Back
Top Bottom