Grow room build round three: Full environment control and no compromises

Yep lol I’d imagine so, glad this newest build has been working out well so far, I’m just finishing up my first ever grow, this site has been a super valuable resource for me so far. I have no room built or anything just 2 tents in my basement and a table between them with water hookup. Then 2 other work tables a chair and couch and few creature comforts lol. I’ve struggled and am still with humidity, running 3 little humidifiers 24/7 but I’m super happy with my first plants so I can’t complain. I have 1/2 of my basement as an area to work in 16x22 is the space I’m occupying now, maybe one day it will get built out proper.
Cool nothing wrong with donkey D colas :rofl:
While I’m happy to found this grow, I’ll def be hanging out and look forward to learning some stuff here, you’ve good some good knowledge.

Awesome I wish I had that much room to work with :high-five:

Three humidifiers 24/7 sounds like my last setup :laugh: I could never keep it humid enough when it shared the house air / ac but still pulled a lot of killer harvests out of it so low rh isn’t the end of the world either. If you really want to add some humidity in your life check out the hydro foggers. I was able to keep it high enough with one of those but my room wasn’t big enough for the mist to evaporate before landing on my tents, walls and floor so that was a total pita but in a bigger space it may work.

Are you using Docs kit yet? If not you should consider trying it for a grow. There is nothing better than high Brix weed, seriously it’s just on another level and it’s super easy to grow with since the microbes do the work for you removing the need to guess what the plants want to be fed and how much of it they want. It’s also cheaper than most nute systems on the market :high-five:

His kit was by far the single biggest difference maker to my final product in all the years I have grown :morenutes::adore:

I’ve seen some posts about the “Brix” kits, never looked into it, I’m using ffhf for seeds and clones and ffof with Gaia green 4-4-4 for veg and Gaia 2-8-4 for flower and calmag if needed. Have molasses too, added bit extra perlite to all the soil I used, so just rolling with it for now, as time goes on and I learn more I’ll continue to invest. (first seeds popped nov 20 last year)
I plan to stay in soil other than I’m gonna try a hempy just cause I think it’s a neat idea and I’m following a hempy thread and I like it and wanna join in lol.
Yeah 2 humidifiers in the veg tent and a bigger one in the other, filling them like every 12 hrs for bout 5 months straight now so it’s getting old. While it’s gotten old already so thx I’ll look into those foggers, I have 6” fans blowing directly on the out takes of the humidifiers and keeps all the white dust pretty much on the floor around it, I wipe up daily lol but it works for now I hold 45-50rh in veg and 40%rh in flower tent. For lights I have 50W chips 18 of them 6 are purple 12 3000k white in the veg tent and a hlg 600v2 in flower so I’m pretty sure that is what has been the most help to me off all is the lights. Plan on getting a smaller qb for the veg tent eventually also.

I get sticking with what you’re having success with.

Brix is just a measure of the sugar levels in a plant. High Brix is a term for plants with a high sugar content which = high Brix readings. They’re typically grown in high mineral content soil specially formulated to produce high Brix plants using microbes to break down minerals that plants can’t break down on their own and then feeds it to the plants. If you have ever eaten at a high end restaurant where the vegetables tasted amazing and unlike the ones you buy at the grocery store you have experienced high Brix produce. In mj this equals higher terpene levels and somehow just more potent smoke. It’s technically just a soil grow but without the need to ever worry about ph issues as the minerals in the soil will buffer the ph for you. This is actually how all plants used to grow before over farming stripped the soil and the advent of petrochemical fertilizers became popular wreaking havoc on the quality and nutritional value of the produce we consume.

I get sticking with what you’re having success with.

Brix is just a measure of the sugar levels in a plant. High Brix is a term for plants with a high sugar content which = high Brix readings. They’re typically grown in high mineral content soil specially formulated to produce high Brix plants using microbes to break down minerals that plants can’t break down on their own and then feeds it to the plants. If you have ever eaten at a high end restaurant where the vegetables tasted amazing and unlike the ones you buy at the grocery store you have experienced high Brix produce. In mj this equals higher terpene levels and somehow just more potent smoke. It’s technically just a soil grow but without the need to ever worry about ph issues as the minerals in the soil will buffer the ph for you. This is actually how all plants used to grow before over farming stripped the soil and the advent of petrochemical fertilizers became popular wreaking havoc on the quality and nutritional value of the produce we consume.

+ Reps for that very nicely worded comment about high brix weed! Thanks Smokey! :high-five:

What are ya waiting for PD!?!?

We got data :yahoo::high-five:

Got the iponic hooked up to the cloud the other night. I now get text message alerts if anything gets out of wack and can pull it up on my phone or pc and see what’s going on and adjust anything hooked up to the controller remotely. It also logs all the data and has some pretty useful reports you can run.

Some example screenshots from my phone.

Equipment status, you can click on each of them to control them or change settings

Tells you the readings of each room and lets you adjust set points

Another view for the equipment controls

Graphs 24 hour or 7 days worth of data at a time or you can enter a custom time range to look up a past grow or w/e you’re trying to do. You can view any combination of two paramarers like temp, the different modes and what they were doing like dehumidify or humidify mode or what an individual piece of equipment was doing like the dehumidifier.

I’ll get some new pics of the plants up soon I think I over did it a tad on the recharge but no biggie. Oh yeah I almost forgot I fucked up when I was playing with the controller and left the lights on for 24 hours straight. That’s what got me to quit jerking around and hook up the cloud :laugh:

Attachments

• EFE7C474-64BF-4134-992E-A7C048B7F6F8.png
    EFE7C474-64BF-4134-992E-A7C048B7F6F8.png
    311.1 KB · Views: 81
Haha right checking on the garden has turned into:nomo:

Couple pics of the ladies

Purp haze x Malawi

Soil looking about ready got a couple A5 x Panama seeds just waiting for some good new soil and I might try one of the pure hash plants out to not sure just yet. All the plants so far have been in soil that’s been sitting in my garage for over two years so it will be nice to have some fresh stuff to work with :morenutes:

Thanks for looking all :passitleft:

Looking awesome in here, plants lookin happy. Soil cooking for 2 yrs damn, should be some lively stuff going on in there. The cloud and having all the remote control of everything is really interesting to see, more info than I’d know what to do with atm, but cool to see.
I got 2 Crown Royale clones from a friend yesterday, so that’s my excitement for the week lol.

Looking awesome in here, plants lookin happy. Soil cooking for 2 yrs damn, should be some lively stuff going on in there. The cloud and having all the remote control of everything is really interesting to see, more info than I’d know what to do with atm, but cool to see.
I got 2 Crown Royale clones from a friend yesterday, so that’s my excitement for the week lol.

Data is knowledge and knowledge is power ;)

I have already learned all kinds of neat things from it like my dehuy runs all damn day so I could probably use a bigger unit or a second one and while my humidifier is running the exhaust fan is also running which is helping to keep the rh in the tent lower even though it’s raising outside of the tent since the rh in the tent rises faster just by leaving the exhaust fan turned off etc. Lots of neat shit you can figure out once you can actually see what’s going on at all times with all your equipment and how they interact with each other to affect your params.

I’m gonna let it run as is for a week and then I’ll move the dehuy over to the other side of the room and I’ll be able to tell from the graphs if it’s more efficient in the new spot. I’m sure I’ll come up with other things to try over time to optimize the room but that’s first on the list for sure.

What he said!

Damn Smokey, If you get a shit plant it's not because of your environment that's for sure.

Yup if they come out effed up now I got nothing to blame except my own crappy gardening skills or possibly my laziness :lot-o-toke:

That soil is for sure alive. Looking good, the gals don't look to upset about the extra light.

With the c02 pumping even the tops that are getting ~1500 or so umols are still perky, happy and not showing any signs of damage so far. I did re position the big fan last night to blow on the big light, it was getting pretty hot right around it and some of the tops are pretty close already.

While in thinking about the c02 my tank is still showing the same amount of pressure it showed over three weeks ago. I’m thinking it will only need refilled maybe once every three to six months or something instead of once a month like I was originally planning :high-five:

That Crown Royale sounds like a really nice cross, pine flavor with some fruit added sounds yummy. I love pine tasting bud it takes me back to my younger days of smoking the “kind bud” that always tasted the same and like pure pine. I had a jar of g13 from a dispensary a couple months back that tasted like the old kind bud crossed with a bit of diesel and it was fantastic. Gonna make a grow journal for them?

I’ll move the dehuy over to the other side of the room and I’ll be able to tell from the graphs if it’s more efficient in the new spot.

Now that right there is super cool, being able to see on a graph the changes due to moving a dehuy over a couple feet. So so interesting
That Crown Royale sounds like a really nice cross, pine flavor with some fruit added sounds yummy. I love pine tasting bud it takes me back to my younger days of smoking the “kind bud” that always tasted the same and like pure pine. I had a jar of g13 from a dispensary a couple months back that tasted like the old kind bud crossed with a bit of diesel and it was fantastic. Gonna make a grow journal for them?

Yep I’m really quite curious of what the end result taste will be, I also remember the piney tasting buds from my youth and would be a nice treat to have it finish up with a tad of pine taste.

Yeah I’ll prob start a journal soon... been waiting on my Candida’s to arrive.
Below is my veg tent, in the tray is Jack Herer and blue cookie cuttings, solo is a blue cookie seed I plan to keep bonsai style as a mother, above that is a Jack Herer clone taken 3 weeks into flower, looks ugly but is starting to put out 5 finger leaves now, right of that is a blueberry, then the 2 below in the 1g pots with red tape are the 2 Crown Royale’s

Back
Top Bottom