H-LOC A Hydro Living Organic Coco Expirence

Hey Mi, welcome in! Man cheetah went to grab some more. Should be back soon...

IMAG2333.jpg

IMAG2334.jpg

IMAG2335.jpg

IMAG2336.jpg

IMAG2332.jpg

Plants got top dressed with mykos and langbeinite (sul, pho, mag). The langbeninite helps with root development and since I'm cutting out Epsom salts I figured I'd put it in now. One teaspoon top dressed into each container and 1/2 cup of mykos top dressed in each container. My tea is finished! Added some great white and feed the ladies. Thinking of doing a foilier spray with it but I've never done that before. One plant is looking a bit light in the leaves so I will add more home grown once the other plant becomes less dark green. I like to keep them on the same schedule.

Will start more lst work once I see the Plants putting out more growth

Oh hey man cheetah is back!
B-0wqg8UYAA53tt.jpg

Who wants rum ham?
So where did you go ? How about a little update ??

After watering it all in, I am very happy with my purchase. Thanks guys for pushing me into the fabric pots again. Oh man I'm so excited. I will change the water out in my cloner tomorrow.
I'm also loving the fabric pots mate, I think they're fantasfic. I've never used normal pots before but from what I've seen with the root circulation you get in plastic pots compared to the air pruning you get for the roots in fabric pots I don't know why people still use plastic ones lol.

So where did you go ? How about a little update ??

Hey sp, not much is new. One plant with darker green leaves looks like it had some very very mild burn on a couple older leaves so I'm trying to let it lighten up a bit more before I top dress some more fertilizer. I'll check her today and see if it's time. This is a super slow moving strain so veg time might be more then I was expecting.

Ordered some stuff called z7 for my clones. Not seeing much progress yet in the clones department. I've decided if I can't get these guys to root I will take Afghan clones and grow that out and once I harvest these two gsc xtrm I'll put them to be revegged and try again. The clones look good on top though.

I also ordered from Amazon 16oz of 200proof alcohol. If this qwet extraction goes well I will buy 1 gallon of extractahol. Very excited for this. Some of this will be used for vaping ie dabs and the other will be used for ND Sap or naturally decarbed sap.

Here is a great read but read it all the way through. The further you read the more advanced the technique goes. He changes his process from making heat decarbed rso to naturally decarbed sap. The board says high lasts 24- 48 hours because naturally decarbed goes through the blood brain barrier differently due to not burning off terpines.

How's all in your world sp? Hope all is well!

I'm also loving the fabric pots mate, I think they're fantasfic. I've never used normal pots before but from what I've seen with the root circulation you get in plastic pots compared to the air pruning you get for the roots in fabric pots I don't know why people still use plastic ones lol.

I LOVE FABRIC POTS!! I ONLY disliked them due to using them ONCE with soil. My nutrients water would just run out the side. I should have given them another chance a long time ago!! So much better for sure.

IMAG2337.jpg

IMAG23412.jpg

IMAG23401.jpg

IMAG2339.jpg

The plants have a more uniform color now but they have darkened up after my tea drench. I added a small amount home grown to the tea. Will top dress some time next week.
IMAG2338.jpg

This leaf is from the bigger gsc but both have a little bit of burning on the older leaves. These are some of the first sets and these plants have been through some stress. Not sure if it's just old leaves or it was too hot some point. I'll keep an eye out for lockout or anything else. My Afghan mother is green and beautiful though. Organics isn't supposed to burn.
IMAG23421.jpg

ROOTS! 4/9 have stringy roots 2 have bumps so they should throw roots soon. I'm sure the rest will throw roots but if they don't it's ok. I'm starting a separate post on my clones machine. Day 1 on 3/2 Roots in about 10 days.

Alright so here is my hydro cloner. I haven't really seen anyone using these aero misters, so I bought them to see how well they work. These are fantastic and I want to get the word out on the Dewey mister! This is a aero mister that doesn't run off a fountain pump. It runs off an air pump so the water doesn't heat up and clean up is a breeze! I really think these are going to revolutionize hydro and I am very much looking forward to buying more and converting my little box to hydro. I dream of a grow room filled with large tubs, a chiller, a bunch of Dewey misters and a few plants.

Dewey-Mister-1_1200x1200.jpg

IMAG22623.jpg

IMAG22631.jpg

Here is what they look like. They are about 5" tall and are able to be mounted from the bottom. They run off of powerful air pumps. Your fish tank air pump will not put out the volume needed to run these guys. The smallest pump you can use is the eco air 2 and that will power two misters. Anymore and you'll need a commercial air pump.

IMAG22671.jpg

The mister comes with suction cups if you want to put them inside the container but I found it a lot better to mount from the bottom. It makes for easier clean up. I can just put a bleach solution and let that run through instead of having to clean the base of the Dewey mister and everything.

I used a step bit that runs to 13/16" the grommet is 13/16" and a 1/2" inside. I run the bit through but check for fit before I hit 13/16". One bucket I made the hole a little too small and had a little leak but when I went to open it up I went too big. Down to one bucket but that's ok, this one worked perfectly. I will build a larger cloner that I can put two deweys into.

IMAG22681.jpg

IMAG22691.jpg

Here we have 1 Dewey bottom mounted to a 3gal bucket

IMAG22701.jpg

IMAG22712.jpg

Here are two cloner buckets running off one pump. The spread is perfect.

IMAG22721.jpg

IMAG22781.jpg

I was able to fit 9 each. Neither of these hole saws are the correct size. I had to order a 1 7/8 in order to properly fit the 2" net cups.

IMAG2273.jpg

IMAG22771.jpg

Gotta make it light tight! Use reflective tape, don't cheap out. I went with the cheapest one that was still like 10 bucks. Had to wrap it a few times.

IMAG2280.jpg

IMAG2281.jpg

IMAG23041.jpg

IMAG2305.jpg

IMAG2306.jpg

IMAG23071.jpg

IMAG23422.jpg

IMAG23441.jpg

IMAG2345.jpg

IMAG23461.jpg

I have a seedling heat mat that I used for my clone dome. I put that under and the clone dome base on top. I put some foam from the neoprene collar under the bucket to keep the mister off the ground. I have my heat mat set to a temp probe but it is not water proof so I cut a little hole and slipped a finger from a rubber glove over the probe and put that in the hole. Set temps to 75℉ and I also needed to cut a hole for pressure relief. I put some air line in so water wouldn't pump out.

I tried using great white in the cloner but that produced a small amount of slime at the bottom so I cleaned out my cloner and filled with superthrive, 4 drops per gal of bleach and ph to 6. I found bleach is a must. I'm not sure why but if I used bleach from the start I'm pretty sure I would have clones a lot faster. Instead of bleach I am now using a product called Z7. I only put it in today, these guys rooted with the bleach. Some also recommend a specific type of pool shock and it's the same as ez cloners water additive at a much cheaper price. But you'll have to look into that. This is the easiest way to clone hands down. I'm done with coco and a clone dome!

subbed along BF,

nice looking cloner :thumb:

watching along with interest.

Hey pw and partimas! Thanks! Yes it was pretty simple. Taping was a big pain but I found a black box made by sterilite. It is light proof so all you need to really do is drill, sterilize, and clone. It will fit 20 net pots and the plan is to put two Dewey misters in. If I'm happy with the coverage i get with the misters I'll post the upgraded cloner here. It's kinda short but I'm sure it will work fine.

IMAG2347_BURST002.jpg

IMAG2348.jpg

Waiting on 3 to root and will add a small amount of nutes. I want more roots before transplanting.

This is the easiest and fastest I've ever had roots! I swear I will never use rockwool, coco or anything else to clone in again!!

The plants in the tent look like they have put out some new growth! Will tie them down as soon as I get some clips. After they bush out a bit more I'll flip over to flower.

IMAG2349.jpg

IMAG2350.jpg

IMAG2352.jpg

IMAG23531.jpg

Here they are! Looks like roots have taken over. One pot had a little root poking through and the growth has started again. I checked my ph and it was high. That's why I have some lock out and burning in my leaves. 6.5 and 7 so I added a little over half a tbsp of soil acidifier and another tsp of sul pho mag. Have to start lst soon. Keep forgetting to buy clips.

Sterilizing my drip system now! They are ready for more waterings then I can keep up with. Terpking has access to a really cool manifold that works well in a low pressure drip system. TK is the man! So nice of him to offer to go out of his way to send me a few and pay him through PayPal. Trying to get them shipped through the hydro shop! We will see what happens but these will save me a lot of space in the tent. Will be nice not having a big circle of plastic in the middle. Thanks again TK!

IMAG23541.jpg

IMAG23552.jpg

IMAG2356.jpg

IMAG2354_1.jpg

Looks like another one is about to throw some roots! I'll probably toss the other two and add some nutes soon. Let them grow in the cloner for a few weeks and pop them into coco.

IMAG2349.jpg

IMAG2350.jpg

IMAG2352.jpg

IMAG23531.jpg

Here they are! Looks like roots have taken over. One pot had a little root poking through and the growth has started again. I checked my ph and it was high. That's why I have some lock out and burning in my leaves. 6.5 and 7 so I added a little over half a tbsp of soil acidifier and another tsp of sul pho mag. Have to start lst soon. Keep forgetting to buy clips.

Sterilizing my drip system now! They are ready for more waterings then I can keep up with. Terpking has access to a really cool manifold that works well in a low pressure drip system. TK is the man! So nice of him to offer to go out of his way to send me a few and pay him through PayPal. Trying to get them shipped through the hydro shop! We will see what happens but these will save me a lot of space in the tent. Will be nice not having a big circle of plastic in the middle. Thanks again TK!

IMAG23541.jpg

IMAG23552.jpg

IMAG2356.jpg

IMAG2354_1.jpg

Looks like another one is about to throw some roots! I'll probably toss the other two and add some nutes soon. Let them grow in the cloner for a few weeks and pop them into coco.
I been cloning in pure coco, my aero cloner is parked !! So far 100% success in coco !!

Sp cloning in coco definitely is great! That was my go to but was having problems with this strain rooting. Aside from building the cloner it seems like it's almost set it up and forget it for 7-10 days then roots.

IMAG23572.jpg

Cleaned my drip system with some bleach. I put all the drip lines in both pots. Rez is filled with straight RO. I have to get some big trash bags to cover the rez but I will add Z7 tomorrow either way. It's almost time to top dress some home grown.

Going to make qwet tomorrow! :party:

Hey pw thanks! That's very true it's getting time to transplant some clones! I should probably flip these tent girls very soon. This strain takes forever to veg. It doesn't seem to like being topped. Having these flower in the tent while the next 4 veg in the closet should give me enough veg time for a quick flip under a screen.

I was going to train them but I'm rushed for time now that I have clones. These in the tent are just the trial run. Wish this strain was a little faster but that's ok. I should have two nice colas on each plant hopefully. The time it takes to flower the tester plants should be the perfect amount of veg time for the clones. I hope to chop down those two plants and immediately put 4 bushes in the tent. Scrog and flip hopefully flip within a couple days. Even though it's so slow to grow out I really enjoy the smoke. Everyone that tries it loves it! That being said I'm looking forward to growing out something new and exciting!

Atleast I am not late brother! LoL thought it as there was quite a few pages added already. I will also be looking into some dripper system for my next grow since it will be much easier to maintain then, instead of taking the huge plant out constantly. Will also be running a seperate breeder box for making beans. Gots lots of plans and I need to stick to them this time :rofl: anyway glad you back at it brother, time for them dankweed yo :passitleft:

Pat's Mars Hydro II 700W Grow

Pat's Small CFL Grow

Back
Top Bottom