Hello @HashGirl.

I've enjoyed my Sunday morning catching up here from page 1. I plan to stay for awhile if it's okay. (Do you provide free wi-fi here?)

Since I'm so late arriving I won't bother to comment on the many interesting topics presented in this journal. I'll just say that I love your spreadsheets. The outdoor plants look killer, especially the Carnival! And I would have been sleeping with one eye open for as long as that eerie-looking DDA2 was alive.

Looking forward! :Rasta:

:welcome: to my journal, GDB. I'm always happy to have other growers following along.

I love my spreadsheets, too. I might suck at math but I use Microsoft Excel for almost everything that requires tracking. It's so versatile.

Wifi is spotty at my house as I live in a concrete bunker but as long as you don't, too, you should be fine. :laughtwo:

Deciding to stop by again, and see what was going on with your grow! Already harvested the Dark Devils from what I can see. Great job! Amazing purple buds!
Looking amazing @HashGirl!

I’m going to stop by more often for sure! I’m getting ready to make a seed purchase from SeedSupreme. Going to be an Autoflower purchase. (Maybe a purple strain)

:ciao: Hi HashGirl. Things are moving along over here - nice job! :thumb:

Im curious…it looks like you are not ”planting” the whole seed on some of your starts, just the long tails? If so, why? :thanks:

I thought that's the way I was supposed to plant them. The taproot underground, the seed head above ground? No?

I thought that's the way I was supposed to plant them. The taproot underground, the seed head above ground? No?
I’ve never seen it done that way - and I still consider myself a new grower - but it seems like that could be a germination issue, and that long tail for me would cause me to break it, etc. You should try the soak till it sinks (and a little bop on it to make it sink after 24 hours is fair play), and then plant 1/4 to 1/2“ deep into your solo cup. It’s so much simpler, less dangerous in my opinion, and I’ve had 100% germination rate since I started doing it. Just a thought. :love:

I guess I thought this was the correct way because my first grow was hempy and you needed to be able to see the seed head since it might drop right down to the bottom of the cup if you couldn't see it.

I may get a chance to try this sooner rather than later as only 1 Jack Herer and 1 Sour Diesel have sprouted so I may be germinating 2 more.

@BooWho2 - I'd like your help with my autos. I've already transplanted the Purple and Blueberry to their final pots as I want to top them before they start flowering. @Justin Goody said he usually tops his between 12 and 21 days but another website's info said:

• plant has grown at least 4-5 nodes (pairs of “real” leaves) by the end of week 3; this isn’t a hard-and-fast rule, it just demonstrates that your plant is growing fast enough to handle being topped without stunting
The Blueberry is 18 days old and only has 3 nodes. Should I top now or should I wait?

I guess I thought this was the correct way because my first grow was hempy and you needed to be able to see the seed head since it might drop right down to the bottom of the cup if you couldn't see it.

I may get a chance to try this sooner rather than later as only 1 Jack Herer and 1 Sour Diesel have sprouted so I may be germinating 2 more.

@BooWho2 - I'd like your help with my autos. I've already transplanted the Purple and Blueberry to their final pots as I want to top them before they start flowering. @Justin Goody said he usually tops his between 12 and 21 days but another website's info said:

• plant has grown at least 4-5 nodes (pairs of “real” leaves) by the end of week 3; this isn’t a hard-and-fast rule, it just demonstrates that your plant is growing fast enough to handle being topped without stunting
The Blueberry is 18 days old and only has 3 nodes. Should I top now or should I wait?
I always top above the 4th, and only after it grows out to the 5th. 12-21 days is my general rule, but would I do it at 23 days? Yea of course, if my plant took that long to get 5 nodes and was not yet in flower.

I’m kind of surprised you went to another website to get generic info about autos, there’s quite a bit of it right here. I hope one day someone googles “auto topping perfect time” and this thread pops up and becomes the gospel on another website ;) it must be true if they read it on the internet.

But you asked @BooWho2
I will just leave all that info, which is just 1 growers opinion, right here.

What strains are you using for this? This is the kind of thing I need to learn...

oh missed this. i use a lot of 1:1 thc/cbd strains for pills and topicals. and a lot of high thc strains for the same lol

the 1:1 topical strains are targeting mostly anti-inflammatory. fantastic for things like arthritis and older sport injuries.
the high thc topicals are a straight pain reduction application.

they work best in tandem, though some prefer one over the other. the cbd topical is best when used on an ongoing basis. the thc topical is use as necessary. oddly the topicals help during a diverticulitis attack, though that is not at all what they were intended for.

the cbd pills help regulate my diverticulitis along with some fibre supplements. keeps me off other very complicated meds, and has kept me away from surgery for ten yrs.

i also take thc pills, which is an insanely fantastic natural adhd med. folk hate me if i don't take my pills. people notice a change in behaviour and personality. i usually notice myself as well, but not always.

the cbd pills are used to regulate and extend the positive effects of the adhd thc pill. in short i get normal, not wired.

...IMHO...should plant that other Blueberry...a tap root is a tap root, and there are many grower's ,(myself included) who would say...put her in the ground! as soon as you have "proof of life"...you might be surprised! at the result...cheerz... .

we used to put long term mothers that we were on the bubble over under super crap t5's, and would sometime forget them wks on end if we got busy elsewhere.

we'd come back to a bunch of sticks in a pot, but more than once a little water would cause new green to sprout when you'd swear it had no business.

I have a leaf crisis on Big Devil 1. Can anyone tell me what's going on here?

Big Devil 1 - Leaf Issue.jpg

looks like a hard fast phosphorus issue. guessing it was a pull. did you ever get to the bottom of this ?

We did have a thrip problem in the tent when it was inside but I've been spraying those plants with Safer's every few days. I'll apply some to the outdoor plants in hopes that it fixes the problem. Here are more photos of the outdoor plants:

if it was sprayed, a previously compromised leaf could take a dive. could explain the above.
if it crashed fast you'd know.

Carnival:

IMG_3303.jpeg

Big Devil:

IMG_3306.jpeg

IMG_3310.jpeg

those plants are super nice.

Seeds should be planted with the head ¼ - ½ inch below the soil regardless of how long the tap root is when you plant it.

i found a touch less than a half inch is great. 1/4 inch under is ok but doesn't seem to come up as established.

i dunno how many graphics i've seen with the seed planted so the tap emerges upward, then s curve bends to head to the depths, and flip the remaining pod upward.

it's supposed to be prime so as to make the seed work the shell off, and spend the correct time underground developing before emerging.

in 35 odd yrs on and off i've never got it optimal. now i don't care and it works friggin toodles .. :p

I always top above the 4th, and only after it grows out to the 5th. 12-21 days is my general rule, but would I do it at 23 days? Yea of course, if my plant took that long to get 5 nodes and was not yet in flower.

i always wait a good developed node past where i choose to top, then cut back. it ensures there is enough established root.

I’m kind of surprised you went to another website to get generic info about autos, there’s quite a bit of it right here. I hope one day someone googles “auto topping perfect time” and this thread pops up and becomes the gospel on another website it must be true if they read it on the internet.

doing an auto run soon and lurking the thread for this lol

@HashGirl - check in to cobbing DDA.

I’ve never seen it done that way - and I still consider myself a new grower - but it seems like that could be a germination issue, and that long tail for me would cause me to break it, etc. You should try the soak till it sinks (and a little bop on it to make it sink after 24 hours is fair play), and then plant 1/4 to 1/2“ deep into your solo cup. It’s so much simpler, less dangerous in my opinion, and I’ve had 100% germination rate since I started doing it. Just a thought. :love:
That's exactly my method. Soak em plant em

Thank you, Justin. This is why I tagged you as well as Boo. She's the Queen of Autos and you're the King (or at least that's what I was told ;) )

I’m kind of surprised you went to another website to get generic info about autos, there’s quite a bit of it right here. I hope one day someone googles “auto topping perfect time” and this thread pops up and becomes the gospel on another website ;) it must be true if they read it on the internet.

The other website is one that I refer to frequently as they have actual articles about how to do these kinds of things and not lengthy journals that I have to read through to get the info I want. I also like their pictorials.

But you asked @BooWho2
I will just leave all that info, which is just 1 growers opinion, right here.

I tagged you and Boo because I wanted both of your input. :Namaste:

@HashGirl - check in to cobbing DDA.

Hi bluter.

I haven't looked into cobbing as I don't like the taste of cannabis and isn't that what you get with cobbing?

Hi bluter.

I haven't looked into cobbing as I don't like the taste of cannabis and isn't that what you get with cobbing?

it can be smoked / vaped etc as well.

it can be smoked / vaped etc as well.

Okay. Thank you. I have it bookmarked and one of these days, I might actually get around to reading it. :rofl:

All caught up and jumping in late if you don’t mind @HashGirl, Have my first ever grow going outdoors with a couple of plants started about the same time as yours and I’ve been lurking a pile of grow journals trying to sponge up some knowledge!

:welcome: to my journal, Primeau. I'm a new gardener, too but you're welcome to hang out and we can learn together. What plants are you growing?

I see that you're relatively new to the website as well. Do you need any help finding your way around?

Ok from right to left: 2 Bruce Banner x Unknown 51 days (bag seed from a buddies Bruce Banner grow), 1 Blood Orange Kush 41 days, 1 Grape Drink 41 days, 1 Hay-Z 41 days, 1 Hay-Z 22 days, 1 Blue Haze 22 days (there’s another 41 day Blue Haze that missed the group shot). Some of the horrible looking older/lower growth you’ll notice on the older plants is from the sun burn they got when I moved them outside too quickly early June. I don’t want to impose on your journal but welcome any tips!

Back
Top Bottom