Heavenly Hybrid 2nd Grow: Blackberry Kush, Coco Grow, LED450

some ( as usual) sound advice there Shed. saw the 5.3 ph and then went to emergency quote mode before i saw your responses , deleted it and enjoyed reading through yours. lol
did quiver a little as autos are an enigma to me at present , wasnt 100% sure as my auto was a washout.
in honesty i was lazy as hell with run off measures in coco. each round of watering should replace the previous one and push nutes out was my logic.
you have been very busy heavenly. all will be worth it in the end and dont worry about showing the used and abused pics , they can be a godsend for others to see that their survival is possible and that they can turn around and produce. i felt a tool with how badly i was doing at rdwc nut kept posting till the pros ( like shed , iceman420 and Islandgrow420 )could not stand to see the victims suffer any longer and rescued them with supporting me. keep up the great work hh .
Thanks GGD! I’m ready to go back in the trenches as soon as they’re dry and ready. Even though I flushed with 5.3, the ph didn’t ever come out that low in the runoff. Maybe I wasn’t doing it right? I was also a bit confused about the different ppm for veg and bloom. I was thinking the autos were over, now I realize they are under and I’ll get that worked out ASAP. Always learning, right!

PPM should rise as the plants grow. For example, in veg you might start at 250 PPM with your first feedings and then bump up week by week until you're at 600. Then when the plant goes into flower, you could transition to flower nutes starting at 650 and then phase out the veg nutes and once you're feeding with flower nutes only, you could raise it up to 800 or 900 as you watch the plant respond.

I'm a bit higher than these numbers but I have trouble with the less-is-more theory. I keep bumping until I see tip burn and then I back it down 100. I just fed my vegging clones and Candidas around 800:cool:. I don't recommend that!

These are the values I roughly follow. Shed can tell you if they are in line with his thinking but they haven't let me down yet. The problem you can have though is overdoing it as it takes a bit to see the plants reaction in soil. In coco I believe results are quickly noticed. I never get to 1600 during that second half of flower as I've always been afraid so close to the end I could screw them up. I shoot anywhere from 1000-1200. Once you get to know your nutes, the PPM becomes secondary, IMHO, and I don't follow it too much. In otherwords, I use MegaCrop, and I know that 11g in 8L of water brings my pH down to 5.8 and my PPM to 800ish, so a bit of potash brings it up to 6.3-6.5 and my PPM minimally changes.
But it's great at diagnosing a problem.

Those look good to me though I tend to think that 1000-1600 makes newer growers think more is better and fry their sugar leaves at 1600. Though you will know faster if you're overdoing it in coco than in soil, and you can fix it faster too.

MegaCrop is on my list of nute possibilities when I run out of the Fox Farms. Do you add silica or cal-mag as well?

Ya I don't advertise the 1600, for the reasons you mentioned, and I'm sure HH is smart enough after listening to you not to go that high.
I add the CalMag at flip onward... at light dose. 1.5tsp per 4L. Never added silica and I feed right up to harvest. I never found a need to change the routine, in otherwords I always feed, no straight water in between. I've never seen salt buildup on my fab pots and purposely bought black ones this time to make sure. Hence the reason I never run clear water only.
I did use Kelp Extract this time round during veg. I'm happy with the results so far.

Ya I don't advertise the 1600, for the reasons you mentioned, and I'm sure HH is smart enough after listening to you not to go that high.
I add the CalMag at flip onward... at light dose. 1.5tsp per 4L. Never added silica and I feed right up to harvest. I never found a need to change the routine, in otherwords I always feed, no straight water in between. I've never seen salt buildup on my fab pots and purposely bought black ones this time to make sure. Hence the reason I never run clear water only.
I did use Kelp Extract this time round during veg. I'm happy with the results so far.

Outstanding colas Mr. Sauga! I can only hope for some results like that in the future.... not this round of course! :D Maybe next time?

I’m hoping the plants will have dried out enough by tomorrow, so that will come in very handy. :thanks: All these ppms and now I’ve got a few different feed schedules kind of thrown into my lap. Thanks for being with me through it fellas!! Plus those valuable trade secrets, of course. ;)

Before:
C8E5956A-E54B-49A4-A6D2-9FF4F0CD14EF.jpeg

After:
9B7B8C66-6EF3-4E33-808F-0ABE12AFB7BE.jpeg
:drool::yahoo::welldone:

Thank you Ase! Always a treat to see the quadsquad master make a visit! :)
Since uncovering those nodes, they have gotten big, and fast! I feel like I’m getting a better understanding of growth patterns this time around. Too bad there’s only one quad instead of three, but what can ya do?

Thank you Ase! Always a treat to see the quadsquad master make a visit! :)
Since uncovering those nodes, they have gotten big, and fast! I feel like I’m getting a better understanding of growth patterns this time around. Too bad there’s only one quad instead of three, but what can ya do?
More quads next time! Just remember there is always next time. Some funny things happened this time and it’s all learning.

Update - not too much to report. I love my new ph pen, it’s making feeding so much easier. I keep forgetting to use the tds meter, so next time, I’ll try to remember better. All 5 have been fed now with ph between 5.8-6.0. Tall auto is noticeably fattening her little nugs. Real blackberry is chugging along. I removed the undernodes of each branch (4 nodes), but I left the fans for now. They’re not in the way of anything, so for now, they stay. While watering and feeding short auto today, I got worried because I thought I saw some potential hermie parts. After checking with Newty, we’re in a wait and see pattern. It sounds about par for the course though, this short auto has been just crazy. The wee ones are sprouting along. Nothing too exciting when they’re still so little.

Pics:
Tall auto
8A4DF593-F656-4E43-8BD6-E80B65F428DD.jpeg
760A9212-26C1-4CC9-8C0A-8BB9E21C0F5A.jpeg
6026A327-8AC8-4556-ADE7-8E841548D2B7.jpeg

I can’t help but laugh at my own use of the name “tall” auto.

Real blackberry: before/after tightening
F8BF25BB-2D72-434A-B41B-6910F1A7F436.jpeg
640BC3A5-39DE-4A9E-B35D-39EBA611CC3F.jpeg

Short auto: (hermie?)
F71F55EB-BB4C-4880-9777-1A9BAB5C25B8.jpeg
2AA7A376-3ECE-40E5-BFA9-90F7991D63E7.jpeg
C169C589-8D05-410C-9BDA-AAF874EEDC78.png
6BDF9B7E-2344-40A2-B388-25B2EE1C3C70.jpeg

That’s it for today. The new tent arrived, so we’re clearing out the space to set it up. I’m also making myself a little crazier, trying to figure out lights and fans, etc. Boy am I bad at making decisions! o_O

I love my new ph pen,
Forgot to mention you're supposed to store it with the tip in storage solution and not let it dry out.
I can’t help but laugh at my own use of the name “tall” auto.
Oh good, I was trying to keep my giggling in ;).
Short auto: (hermie?)
That face when your binder clips are bigger than your buds...oy!
trying to figure out lights and fans
Feel free to post your questions in the threads where you think the people with answers hang out. Not everyone is going to be here so go find the folks with the answers. Don't be shy!

Forgot to mention you're supposed to store it with the tip in storage solution and not let it dry out.

Oh good, I was trying to keep my giggling in ;).

That face when your binder clips are bigger than your buds...oy!

Feel free to post your questions in the threads where you think the people with answers hang out. Not everyone is going to be here so go find the folks with the answers. Don't be shy!

I thought so too (the pen), but the instructions just said to store it with the lid on. I’ll look again to be sure.

Lol, I am being shy! :oops: I need to do some initial decision making before I can even ask for help. I may just end up getting more of the same stuff I already have and keep it simple. I dunno o_Oo_O

Seed drop alert!

In preparation for the upcoming 4x4 tent completion, today was seed drop day! #projectchaos begins as I attempt to hold on by the seat of my pants.

Seeds dropped:
3 Bubblegum auto - 50 indica/50 sativa
2 Jack Herer auto - 40 indica/60 sativa

I also got some additional tent supplies ordered, so things are really starting to shape up around here :thumb:

Happy gardening!

Back
Top Bottom