Heirlooms' Hashplant Haze Hydro Perpetual Grow

re: Heirlooms' Hashplant Haze Hydro Perpetual Grow

thats interesting. i mixed a weak dose of 5-5-5 and some seaweed and some rooting hormon in my water. perhaps i shouldnt have..the stems went mushy below the waterline, like cold, over-boiled cabbage.

All u need is plain h2o for cuttings to root. The rooting gels seal the cut which prevents embolism but u can just as easily dip in water to seal too. no nutes as the are no roots to absorb them! add a weak nutrient onces roots are showing good inch or 2. Also no need to ph water either as the ph is only needed to absorb nutrients through the roots.

Nice roots heir.

This was my last batch cuttings after 9 days: Aero cloners all the way mate! they great as u can transplant into any medium. Hope u dont mind me adding the pics mate.

IMG_109313.JPG

IMG_109418.JPG

Major transitions going on in my grow. You know that I built the flowering room and first flowering system. It is on and testing right now. Also, just last night I completed my Veg3 system and moved clones B1-B3 into it.

Quick info on the Veg3:

4 chambers made from black 10L waste baskets.
32 gallon res, 30 operating gallons
Eco185
Ecoplus 'small' air stones in each chamber

I now have all 5 vegetative stages set up. Clone/rooting and V1-V4. I am moving the rooted clones into V1 today.

I should be able to get some pics up tonight.

Just taking a quick break.....

Here's the potted clones. I just dipped them in the solution they are going to be getting and they are on stand by until the bubblers are ready.

Oh, and that's my 'guard' dog, Peanut. She's watching over the babies.

i find little dogs are more nasty than big dogs, my staffy only gets attacked by small dogs, but my staffy is huge and just sits down and lets them hang on to him with their teeth, then when he has had enough he gives a loud growel and shows his teeth, then the other dogs owner comes running over before their dog ends up as my dogs dinner.

nice update. everythings looking good

OK everyone, here are today's pics. I am keeping 16 clones for myself and gifting/trading with the rest. I already have enough to give me a great start on filling this up. Every thing (all the stages) have been sort of out of rhythm. So today I sat down and wrote out a calendar of events to get everything in line and organized for the future. On the 19th the first girls will go into the flower room, those will be the mothers. Every three weeks after that I should have 3 more going in.

This will probably conclude the Veg part of this journal. I will update anything new, but from here on out in the clone/veg room it's a growers life, repetition. I'm not going to post every three weeks with pics of new clones.

So I will shift more towards flowering. As I said earlier, the first go in on the 19th. I have work to do!!!!

You can always make a suggestion!.

My plan to regulate that was 1) Buy a larger filter than I really need 2) The speed control will sweep, not step, for fine tuning 3) there will also be a flow control damper in the fan line.

Ultimately I will do a fully automated system with control over dampers, fan speeds etc. As well as adding AC. Each area is it's own zone. That may all come together when I eventually move this grow out of this trailer and into a larger, purpose built location. This trailer I can still convert back to a nice camper and wish to keep it that way.

Now if I can figure out how to automate cloning and moving them through the stages I'm all set!

PS. I am going to take your suggestion and sacrifice the 6 or so inches on all the plants and build a platform. Thanks!

Excellent forethought. A sweeping rheostat is best for this application, I think, vs. a stepped switch. But a 5-position switch would give positive feedback for 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, and 100% power draw...

On the raised floor, I'm just glad I could help, lol, DIY is my middle name.

What's Star San ?

Our favorite sanitizer! Star San is an acid-based no-rinse sanitizer that is effective and easy to use. Made from food-grade phosphoric acid, safe for people and the environment.
Star San is self-foaming, which helps it to penetrate cracks and crevices.
Odorless and flavorless, no need to worry about tainting your beer or wine.
Does not require rinsing when used at the recommended dilution.
Use only 1 oz Star San per 5 gallons of water and just 1 to 2 minutes of contact time.
Used as a soaking solution, it can also be applied by hand (wear gloves) or with a spray bottle.
Reusable: a solution of Star San will remain effective for up to three to four weeks in a sealed container; it is effective as long as the pH is 3 or lower.
It is safe for use on all surfaces, but use caution since it is an acid; contact with soft metals, rubber, and plastic should be kept to a minimum. Star San is environmentally friendly, biodegradable, and will not harm septic systems.

Our favorite sanitizer! Star San is an acid-based no-rinse sanitizer that is effective and easy to use. Made from food-grade phosphoric acid, safe for people and the environment.
Star San is self-foaming, which helps it to penetrate cracks and crevices.
Odorless and flavorless, no need to worry about tainting your beer or wine.
Does not require rinsing when used at the recommended dilution.
Use only 1 oz Star San per 5 gallons of water and just 1 to 2 minutes of contact time.
Used as a soaking solution, it can also be applied by hand (wear gloves) or with a spray bottle.
Reusable: a solution of Star San will remain effective for up to three to four weeks in a sealed container; it is effective as long as the pH is 3 or lower.
It is safe for use on all surfaces, but use caution since it is an acid; contact with soft metals, rubber, and plastic should be kept to a minimum. Star San is environmentally friendly, biodegradable, and will not harm septic systems.

LOL.....SECONDS before me!

Has anyone ever taken the time to write out, in full detail, how to keep their system(s) going? Holy Carp it's a lot of work! I have been assembling this 'compendium' of knowledge on how to keep this going, what to do when, calendars, week by week write up of the complete cycle, recipes for the various stages etc, etc, etc. Truly a daunting task! I need to do this if I want any chance of coming back from my impending trip to Montana to at least a couple live plants.

Back
Top Bottom