Heirlooms' Hashplant Haze Hydro Perpetual Grow

re: Heirlooms' Hashplant Haze Hydro Perpetual Grow

i keep diaries on everything. simply because if anything goes bad u have reference point where to start.
Me too man, I smoke too much to remember every detail, so writing it out is good.

Heirloom... Be... Fucking... Careful... Having someone else look after your plants. Make all water mixtures before you leave and everything is "ready to use" even if the person that is helping you has the knowledge to grow, those still aren't that persons plants. The same love and care that you give most likely wont be given to your lovely ladies. I learned the hard way, my roommate burnt the shit out of my plants and then didn't water so the nutes crystalized in the soil. I'm down one because of it.

I got my seeds today. All the Green House Seeds are in the breeders packs. The free seeds came in small zip locks. They only sent 5 of the sleestack x skunk 1, instead of the 10 they said. Oh well. What am I gonna do?

if they said they was giving you 10 seeds mate then id send them a msg and let them know you only got 5, their may have been 5 seeds in each bag so they might of messed up and only sent you 5, drop them a msg, you might find its happened with a few orders so its worth dropping them a msg, was it green house seeds that you ordered from

if they said they was giving you 10 seeds mate then id send them a msg and let them know you only got 5, their may have been 5 seeds in each bag so they might of messed up and only sent you 5, drop them a msg, you might find its happened with a few orders so its worth dropping them a msg, was it green house seeds that you ordered from
Might even give you a couple more freebies for the mess up too :D It should say x10 on ur invoice bring it to their attn. I'm more than sure they'll take care of it like D.P said.

I'm gonna let them know, but I don't want or need them to ship 5 regular seeds. If they were Fem, hell yeah.

So as I was tinkering with my flowering RDWC systems, putting them together.....I had an epiphany. What is everyones thoughts on a system that is both RDWC AND Ebb n Flo? All in one at the same time.

How you ask? Well, as I was building the permanent drains for each system (had them mocked up) It occurred to me that if I left out the anti siphon on my level adjuster in the drain line, then when the buckets get to the preset level they start to drain the overflow, as the overflow picks up it creates a siphon (because I removed the anti-siphon). The drain flows more than the feed so it will empty the buckets. Once that happens, the siphon is broken and it fills up again. Then the overflow turns into siphon, buckets empty, then refill. Repeated over and over. There is still an air stone in each chamber, so when it's filling and draining the nute solution is well oxygenated in the chambers.

What do ya'll think????

Here is a basic windows crayon picture. If I block the anti siphon, then it should do exactly what I'm thinking it will. But is there any benefit? I am wondering if certain strains, like Super Lemon Haze for instance, which like dry periods in soil, would benefit from this since there are no real dry periods in a DWC?

I'm gonna let them know, but I don't want or need them to ship 5 regular seeds. If they were Fem, hell yeah.

So as I was tinkering with my flowering RDWC systems, putting them together.....I had an epiphany. What is everyones thoughts on a system that is both RDWC AND Ebb n Flo? All in one at the same time.

How you ask? Well, as I was building the permanent drains for each system (had them mocked up) It occurred to me that if I left out the anti siphon on my level adjuster in the drain line, then when the buckets get to the preset level they start to drain the overflow, as the overflow picks up it creates a siphon (because I removed the anti-siphon). The drain flows more than the feed so it will empty the buckets. Once that happens, the siphon is broken and it fills up again. Then the overflow turns into siphon, buckets empty, then refill. Repeated over and over. There is still an air stone in each chamber, so when it's filling and draining the nute solution is well oxygenated in the chambers.

What do ya'll think????

ROFL! It's a Flo-n-Gro!

There are two top Flo-n-Gro growers on here... Xlr8 and Alaskan1 Go check out their grows. The Flo-n-Gro is AWESOME!

Lol! You're welcome. There are some differences.

Titan Controls Flo-N-Gro System...

Instead of the res being below the buckets, it sort of gravity fed into the buckets, then pumped back into the res in the drain cycle. You'd have to choose a res that is only slightly larger than your whole system filled, to keep it from running over at some point, but here's the beautiful thing: As your res empties in the fill cycle, the water level falls faster than the total of the buckets fill, so even if they are on the same level, it's rather hard to over-fill with the gravity/siphon because once the buckets are filled, the level in the res is often lower than that in the combined buckets.

To empty a second pump is employed, with a check valve to prevent backflow and the buckets are emptied except for a few inches in the bottom to prevent total drying.

The biggest and most obvious difference in the addition of a bucket that you con't put plants in at all... This is the Oceanus 1® Flo-N-Gro controller

Here's their Video:

[video=youtube;k5mfZ1lmj8Q]
[/video]

Titan_Controls_Flo-N-Gro_System.png

• 55 Gallon reservoir​

[*=left]12 - Four (4) gallon GRO sites
    [*=left]12 - Three (3) gallon 360° mesh aeration inserts
    [*=left]1 - Oceanus 1® Flo-N-Gro controller (Item #: 702780)
    [*=left]2 - Maxi Jet® pumps
    [*=left]All 3/4" tubing and tee fittings to set up your GRO system
    [*=left]View the Flo-N-Gro video by clicking on the VIDEO tab
    [*=left]Can be expanded up to 24 sites (Item #: 702785)
    [*=left]Easy to set-up & fun to use!
    [*=left]125 liters of grow media (optional) will properly fill the systems's 12 grow sites.
    [*=left]10 Amps Maximum/120 Volts/60 Hz.
    [*=left]3 year warranty

Now... if you're going to DIY one of these beauties, I would HIGHLY SUGGEST you make a complete circuit with a check valve running from the buckets in series -|_|-|_|-|_|-|_|- so that if the timer cannot be set for the exact time-to-fill, it well become and under current RDWC and run back to your res following the curcuit.

That is unless you're gonna get all spiffy with the wet-trip switches...

Thanks for the info! Nah, I don't need fancy switches, timers, floats, controller bucket or even a second pump. I have physics on my side on this one. My res is lower, as shown in my drawing. My pump runs 24/7. The system cycles Ebb & Flo style like I thought it would. It's about a 21 minute cycle start to start right now. 9 minutes draining and 12 filling. I can adjust those numbers by controlling the flow on the fill lines. I have two per bucket, each have a 1/4" adjustable flow valve. Cutting back on one or both will slow the fill substantially and speed up the drain a little.

EDIT: However, I have been screwing around with it for too long. I might mess with it more when I have less pressing matters to deal with. So for now I will just set the level and glue it up.

very interesting, beyond the level im willing to go with hydro, unless i could do organics in hydro, i know theres stuff out there but its not great yet, but im planning on doing a bubble bucket or 2 later this year or maybe early next year, so far every thing i have done with hydro has been crappy, might not be my thing, but you defo got it going on,! good job on the cool diy, i cant wait to see the result:thumb:

My opinion. I have never used a Titan flo and grow but it looks awesome. The only thing I would do different is I would use 5 gallon buckets and have a net pot inserted into each 5 gallon bucket lid. I think that the biggest disadvantage to the Flow and grow is that each pot is filled with hydroton and the plants cannot be moved around. If you have a net pot filled with hydroton attached to a 5 gallon bucket lid cut tight so it will not fall in (must be a net pot with a large lip), then you can just lift it up with all the roots and move it to another bucket or another bucket in another room. I wish I knew more about an antisiphon because all the homemade RDWC systems I have used worked off of gravity. I kept the reservoir the same level as all the buckets. That is the simplest way I can figure out.

Hey BPN! Yep, I like my bucket setup. Transportability was key. As well as not being able to have my res' on the same level. All the anti siphon is is an opening in the line at the peak/level. So in my system, because my res' are not at the same level as my chambers I have to either take my return (drain) from high up on the bucket at the level I want it to be permanent at(not my favorite) OR do it under current style and have the level set in the return line. Doing the latter can have one adjustable level in the return that controls all the chambers in that system. By having the opening in the return line (think breather tube) at the level peak, it just pushes water over and falls down the drain to the res. A lot like the overflow in a sink or bathtub. Now if I block the breather, then it starts out draining normal but after a few minutes it kicks all the air out of the drain and begins siphoning. When the level drops to a certain point (still playing with that part) then it breaks the siphon and my chambers fill up again. It's pretty cool. One I perfect it and use it I'll do a comparison of my DIY ebb n grow vs straight RDWC.

Hey BPN! Yep, I like my bucket setup. Transportability was key. As well as not being able to have my res' on the same level. All the anti siphon is is an opening in the line at the peak/level. So in my system, because my res' are not at the same level as my chambers I have to either take my return (drain) from high up on the bucket at the level I want it to be permanent at(not my favorite) OR do it under current style and have the level set in the return line. Doing the latter can have one adjustable level in the return that controls all the chambers in that system. By having the opening in the return line (think breather tube) at the level peak, it just pushes water over and falls down the drain to the res. A lot like the overflow in a sink or bathtub. Now if I block the breather, then it starts out draining normal but after a few minutes it kicks all the air out of the drain and begins siphoning. When the level drops to a certain point (still playing with that part) then it breaks the siphon and my chambers fill up again. It's pretty cool. One I perfect it and use it I'll do a comparison of my DIY ebb n grow vs straight RDWC.

This may interest you... Removes the variable of siphoning and adds a timer to the pump so you set the number of fills/day. It employs a stander inside the bucket and you set the level of fill that way, rather than relying on surface tension of water vs. air pressure, and having a possible res spilling all over your floor with the pump running 24/7

DIY Ebb & Flow

This may interest you... Removes the variable of siphoning and adds a timer to the pump so you set the number of fills/day. It employs a stander inside the bucket and you set the level of fill that way, rather than relying on surface tension of water vs. air pressure, and having a possible res spilling all over your floor with the pump running 24/7

DIY Ebb & Flow

Another awesome DIY by jandre2k3. Go figure..... :thumb:

Ebb/flow is something I will get into in another grow/location. I need to be able to move the plants individually to make the space(s) I have work.

Oh....Mmmmmm.......Tangerine Dream....

So the free plant fairy must have forgotten she stopped by already, because yesterday I was gifted a Blue Dream. It's a tall lanky thing. Must not have seen much breeze or light. The inter nodes are about 3"!! OK, maybe not FREE....I am helping some neighbor friends move. They gave me the Blue Dream and a 250w HPS/MH switchable as well as a vaporizer for lending hands, back and equipment.

Tuesday I go down into town. I will be getting some Ocean Forest, Pro-mix BX, pearlite and a couple smart pots. That's what this Blue Dream will live in, as well as a Grapefruit and a Hashplant Haze. So begins the pot/soil testing for next years gorilla grow.

Back
Top Bottom