Heirlooms' Hashplant Haze Hydro Perpetual Grow

re: Heirlooms' Hashplant Haze Hydro Perpetual Grow

Heirloom,

Sorry to hear the bad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

-TG

feel you brother! I have lost some special people in my life.
it will never be easy except when its you!
hoping for the best for all of you and your family!
it sucks tho. your gramps will help your grow from above and your life too:sorry:

Thanks FC. Enjoy a deep hit of your fresh harvest for me. After today it will be a while for me.

I'm sorry to read that man, hang in there. As far as the plants, that's a bummer also.. Nobody to water for you?

I have both indoor and outdoor plants. The indoor is a perpetual RDWC with 7 stations, each with it's own reservoir and specific needs (3 flowering, 4 veg). Add cloning to it and that's 8 separate grows to track. My Uncle is here and can look after things, but he is not a grower. In my 'spare' time I have been transcribing all of my notes and stuff into a 'how to' for him. I made all of the nute recipes, I created a calendar with absolutely everything to do on the days to do it and made an overall week by week outline of the life cycle including everything from cloning to harvest. But at 62, not a grower (at all, ever, of anything) and rather forgetful, I don't have much hope. Plus, I live way out of town, so having any friends who do grow come up here regularly is not really an option. They all have their own lives and grows.

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather *hugs*. That's really great that you are going to be with him. Keep in touch

Thanks CanuckGal. I tend to be a person who shy's away from physical contact with people, but right now I could use it. Oh, on a side note I picked up a little brick of coco and another 1 gallon smart pot today. As soon as I get back I'm starting on coco. Good luck with yours, I hope to come back to your success with it.

I can't say or do much but send you some healing energy and offer condolences. So I'll do just that. I hope for your sake and his that his transition to his next life is an easy one.

Be well, brother, and honor him well.

Thank you my friend. I personally think that besides burning, starving and dehydrating to death is the worst. I hope he transitions quickly at this point.

Don't get anymore vendors booted while I'm gone, Okay? It's a good show and I would hate to miss it!

:)

Heirloom my positive thoughts are with you. Hope to hear back from you soon, all the best.

:peace:

Thank you shizznizzle.

Heirloom,

Sorry to hear the bad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

-TG

Thank you TG.

I am coordinating with family at the moment. I'm packed and ready for my flight. Just waiting for everyone else (family) to get their $hit together. You would think my Mother would be ready..... oh no. So frustrating.

Not only do I have the Gramps thing weighing on me (and the potential loss of plants), but today I also signed my divorce papers.

Today just sucks.

So while I was down in town today taking care of that business, I stopped at a Dollar Store. Since the economy stinks more than an open sewer, it has become my favorite go to when $ is low, as well as my spirits.

Inspire by GigaBaNE's mesh waste baskets, I was on the hunt for a couple. I figured Smart Pots side by side with mesh baskets would be neat. They did not have exactly what I wanted, BUT.....

I did find solo cup size mesh desk top pencil holder cups that are PERFECT for starters! Yes, a dollar each, yes solo cups are cheaper. I'm just having fun though and trying it out, and most of you know that's what is most important to me. I have seen way too many root bound plants in solo cups. Poor plants practically strangle themselves doing the root circle thing. Yesterday I put 4 HPH and 1 GF in solo cups, hoping that being in a soil like enviro they might survive. Today I found these, so I put the GF in one, and two HPH's as well. The size is perfect. Straight out of the solo and into the mesh cup. No loss of medium at all. So, it will be interesting to see how these do!

Hey all, I just wanted to give a quick update on my status and what's up. My flight is tomorrow (Monday). My Gramps is fading fast. He's mostly comatose now.

I am hoping to be back in one week. That would mean there is only one thing to do in my indoor garden, and a couple waterings outside. The indoor will only require nute changes on my two small bubblers. I will premix a gallon for each so all he has to do is add the premix and top it up to the mark with plain water. He can manage that.

Today is day 7 of flowering for Anna & Bonnie. I bumped their nutes up as per BPN's feeding chart. They are now out of transition and into full bloom nutes. At 7pm this evening (PDT....GMT -7) when lights come on I will take pictures and post them as a real update. Hopefully I will be back for day 14 pictures.

Pacific Daylight Time.....daylight savings time......what a bunch of horse poop. Only our bureaucracy could come up with that bull. Really? Are we saving anything? Are we gaining anything? No. Arizona seems to function fine. Why can't we?

Heirloom,

So sorry to hear about your gramps. My grandma was so special to me but I still have the fond memories of her and I think about them quite often. And though it is truely sad that your gramps will be leaving you soon you will always have those memories to warm your heart.
Good luck my friend and will will see you when you return.
Travel safe and be well!

Hi 420 friends. My Gramps passes just after midnight last night. I am mostly packed up and ready to hit the road today, maybe. Depends on how tired I am. I should get home by Saturday.

Thanks all for your kind words. 'See' you Saturday or Sunday.

Hi 420 friends. My Gramps passes just after midnight last night. I am mostly packed up and ready to hit the road today, maybe. Depends on how tired I am. I should get home by Saturday.

Thanks all for your kind words. 'See' you Saturday or Sunday.
Sorry for your loss my friend.

-TG

So sorry for your lost my friend. Damn, that's tough. You are in my thoughts, and I hope you find strength during this difficult time. Hang in there brother.

:circle-of-love:

P.S. cool idea on the mesh cup. :)

Sorry to hear about gramps =( hope you can console yourself with the fact he had a good long run and went to the next stage in life with a full memory book =)

thought i would post a few pics of my mesh pots and one mesh bin for size comparison...i want some as small as yours tho, have not yet seen them anywhere. my small ones i hope, are big enough as a final pot for SoG.
the pink ones are landrace indica clones, the silver pot is a delahaze =D (all the little clones in traditional tiny pots are all delahaze too. lost all my other indicas to rot using water cloning =/

I do need to advise that if you continue to use these kind of pots, you should probably replace perlite with vermiculite as they dry out super fast.

sorry your gramps has passed my freind. someone once said that the minute you are born you begin to die. at least he stretched that time out.

Hey all. Thanks for the love :) Gramps had a full life and died about as peacefully as can be. I got there in time to say goodbye. He was comatose, but I believe that people get it on a spiritual level even if they don't appear to hear you. He died 12 hours later.

And if anybody is looking for a REAL WHITE KNUCKLE ride, drive a 40 foot motor coach, towing fully a loaded 20 foot enclosed toy hauler......through Riverside, CA.... on the 215......in the two lane construction zone where the lanes are 9 foot wide. Yeah. No scrapes, no bumps, no bruises.

Because my trip ended up being so short I lost no plants obviously.

Here is day 7 flowering photo's from 8/26. I didn't have time to post them before leaving. Tomorrow is day 14, so there will be more tomorrow.

PH= 5.8
PPM = Unknown but should be around 1650. I mixed nutes and left for my trip.

I'm getting closer on the white balance. I have some fine tuning to do. The Nikon D5000 lets you adjust the color compensation. That is fine adjustment beyond the 'close guess' settings it already has for sun, floro, HPS, MH and others. Pretty cool IMHO.

OVERVIEW

Anna

Bonnie

Anna's tallest shoot

I looked in on them last night. I believe I said, out loud, 'holy shit'. I started to defoliate, tuck etc but stopped a 1/4 way through it. I figured I would get day 14 pictures then clean them up.

Check back tomorrow for Day 14!

P.S. cool idea on the mesh cup. :)

Thanks X! They seem to be working out well. Thanks to GiGa (and others) for the work that inspired me to buy them.

thought i would post a few pics of my mesh pots and one mesh bin for size comparison...i want some as small as yours tho, have not yet seen them anywhere. my small ones i hope, are big enough as a final pot for SoG.
the pink ones are landrace indica clones, the silver pot is a delahaze =D (all the little clones in traditional tiny pots are all delahaze too. lost all my other indicas to rot using water cloning =/

I do need to advise that if you continue to use these kind of pots, you should probably replace perlite with vermiculite as they dry out super fast.

Looking good my friend! Thanks for the tip. I figured that being such a small volume combined with the super aerated pot that they would dry super fast. While I was gone they lived in the dome with the vents cracked. I saturated them right before leaving, and believe it or not they are still moist!

Hey Heirloom glad to see you back. :high-five:
Any drive through Riverside sucks....can not imagine hauling a trailer through there in a coach.....I hope you are at peace now my friend and I am sure the girls are glad to have you back.

yeah shouldnt be too bad under the dome. i get the most problems when im running the fan at full speed for stem strength, can dry the pot out in an hour, coating the top with vermiculite helps protect the soil moisture. tempted to wrap tissue paper lightly round the pot when using fans...breathable wind break to protect the sides some.

Hey Heirloom glad to see you back. :high-five:
Any drive through Riverside sucks....can not imagine hauling a trailer through there in a coach.....I hope you are at peace now my friend and I am sure the girls are glad to have you back.

Thanks buddy. Yeah, Riverside sucks. Provo, UT has been working on the 15 for, oh, half a century or so. It was pretty lame, not marked clearly. Anyhow, long story short it took me 2 tries to get all the way through Provo.
Montana had long sections of road that were just gone. They stripped the asphalt for 4 miles at a time. Not just one or two lanes. No, the whole road! Crazy, crazy drive back down. Glad to be back.

yeah shouldnt be too bad under the dome. i get the most problems when im running the fan at full speed for stem strength, can dry the pot out in an hour, coating the top with vermiculite helps protect the soil moisture. tempted to wrap tissue paper lightly round the pot when using fans...breathable wind break to protect the sides some.

Good idea on the wrap. I'm going to try it!.

Dude, Sorry to hear about your Gramps. :/

But on second note. Those things look like small trees now !! They're beautiful ! :goodjob:

That's the cycle of life, Son.

The girls are huge. I counted (i think) 20 squares filled by bonnie, and 16 filled by anna. Yours are doing well too! Your lst is looking awesome! :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom