Heirlooms' Hashplant Haze Hydro Perpetual Grow

re: Heirlooms' Hashplant Haze Hydro Perpetual Grow

looking good my freind, i think raising the floor as jandre said is the best idea, if you go to some diy stores you can buy them legs they use on kitchen cupboards, and they are adjustable height wise so you could get the height you want, plus it gives you a small storage area to keep things for the plants, tubing etc etc

Real time update:

Tonight I will post pics, but there is a lot of progress in the construction of the flower room. I just tested my 600w HPS which is in a 'cool tube', as well as the vent circuit for the light. It went well. Now I work on the room ventilation circuit.

I am a collector of stuff (aka pack rat). About a year ago I picked up several squirrel cage fans used to evacuate fume hoods. They have dual 4" inlets and a single 6" out, and move A LOT of air. Remarkably quiet when installed and hidden away. I am going to use two of them for all my venting needs. I am using one to vent the 600w HPS all by itself. I blocked off one of the inlets and ducted it in a suction fashion due to the way my fresh air/exhaust/fan location worked out. It's way more than what's needed so I will be buying or building a fan speed controller. LOL. I put the exhaust right on my face and it felt cool. Not like a blast furnace like I had expected. So clearly I can slow it down and reduce noise a little, not that it's bad with one. But with two fans it might get annoying. The second fan I will use to evacuate both the veg and the flower rooms. Flower room will be through a filter and the veg room will have a damper inline to control flow. This fan will also get a speed control.

This worked out nicely. I almost forgot about those fans and just about bought new ones. Eek! With two fans I have 4 suction ports, they are not noisy if put on a speed control, and they were FREE! Now I get to vent the light separately and save some Co2 in the flower room!

Build Progress pics tonight!

Might I make one suggestion? Try to find the CFM of the salvaged fans that you're using and try not to go over the rated CFM of the Can Filter... You'll get blowby and lose odor removal if your fan pulls too fast. Controller will help you figure out the speed.

Might I make one suggestion? Try to find the CFM of the salvaged fans that you're using and try not to go over the rated CFM of the Can Filter... You'll get blowby and lose odor removal if your fan pulls too fast. Controller will help you figure out the speed.

You can always make a suggestion!.

My plan to regulate that was 1) Buy a larger filter than I really need 2) The speed control will sweep, not step, for fine tuning 3) there will also be a flow control damper in the fan line.

Ultimately I will do a fully automated system with control over dampers, fan speeds etc. As well as adding AC. Each area is it's own zone. That may all come together when I eventually move this grow out of this trailer and into a larger, purpose built location. This trailer I can still convert back to a nice camper and wish to keep it that way.

Now if I can figure out how to automate cloning and moving them through the stages I'm all set!

PS. I am going to take your suggestion and sacrifice the 6 or so inches on all the plants and build a platform. Thanks!

Update:

I've been real busy around the farm, and not just with my grows. So I neglected to post when I first saw roots on my clones. The winner by far is the Rapid Rooter plugs. 6 days (maybe 5 1/2 in reality) and there were roots just showing. Right now (7 1/2 days after cutting) I have 10 of 13 Rapid Rooters with roots. 0 of 12 on the Rockwool and 0 of 2 on the rockwool/H2O only. Here are a couple pics. Sorry about cell phone pics, I've had technical difficulties lately.

Today I am working hard on getting my last Veg stage built and running. My clones B1-B3 need to move up to make room for the clone army on the way!

YOU GO GIRL!!, I'am talking to your plants:)

And a promised update, all be it late, of the flower room. In all there will be 3 separate 3 bucket systems, each with a 50 gallon res. I have one system built. Right now it is running and I'm making sure the levels stay constant.

Things I have learned:

1) Forget about the sprinkler drip irrigation manifolds. PITA and fragile. Break a port off and your racing to turn the pump off. Some manufacturers don't make the barb on the ports very prominent so you can get leaks. If you safety wire tie the hose they are fine, as long as you don't break the port off in the process.

2) I'm not as young as I once was, apparently. Sitting cross legged working on stuff simply doesn't work as well as it used to. So when I break a port off that is at ground level I can't jump up as fast as I thought I could!

The next two systems will be more refined. I'm getting there. When I have to take down this first system I will upgrade it. All three systems are completely independent. The plumbing, floor sections and eventually screens will all be removable with out disrupting the other two systems. I can scrog, not scrog, reconfigure and try different things all in one room.

yup those little chocolate cake squares own the clone!! nothing i have tried works better!

Yes they do. I am converting. Results speak for themselves. I HALVED my root time from the last set, though it's not a fair comparison really. However, this round was a fair comparison, and they freaking kick a$$!

They are supposed to be 245cfm. They are Fantech CVS275's. Nice commercial units. I have, I dunno, maybe 5 or so that work and are straight enough to use. They don't say if 245 is per port, or total out. Either way I will oversize the filter so that the 'rush' sound is dampened overall through the duct.

yeah im switching over to the rooters. they come with beneficials also...i wonder if this is as good as an innoculant in brix ;)

LOL. I have no idea. No time to think about brix growing at the moment. One day!

Looks like you have things under control here!
Yea, it's a bitch getting old ain't it??
Really nice set up and with all the raves I may have to give those rooters a try

Thanks, Alaskan1! Yeah, I'm not even really that old, 35. But I've lived and worked hard all my life. Throw in a couple accidents and I'm just a mess.

The proof is in the pudding so to speak.....or chocolate cake as BID described them. Results before my own eyes, that's all it takes! I'm not one to be a 'fan boy' but when something works better than the rest, I like to share/report. Like BPN....and now Rapid Rooters.

LOL. I have no idea. No time to think about brix growing at the moment. One day! .

one day bro...who knows. with people like docbud on the case, soon it will just be a case of, buy a bag of this and a couple bottles of that and boom its a high brix crop =)

Thanks, Alaskan1! Yeah, I'm not even really that old, 35. But I've lived and worked hard all my life. Throw in a couple accidents and I'm just a mess..

i know that feeling friend. 34 here and life has not been kind to this body. falling apart at the seams. wonder if 5 a day on highbrix veg will cure me of my ails, lol =D

UPDATE:

I checked every clone yesterday and posted my update. I had 10/13 in rapid rooter plugs rooted, now it's 12/13. I have 4 in rockwool/clonex that have roots as well. Also, interestingly, BOTH rockwool/H2O only clones have rooted. Faster and better than any of the rockwool/clonex cuttings.

Here is a pic of one of the H2O/rockwool clones.....

told you them brits dont know good muncies:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom