Hempy Headquarters

Interesting. I’ve had the opposite results. :laughtwo: Most of Brix’s veg tent starts in hempy and some even finish, although that Octopot has him switching pretty fast.

tommyboi got his setup from me right before I left Pittsburgh and he’s slammin’ it, now in the middle of his second flowering cycle.

Teehee!
It's the difference between personal and remote. Communication via remote methods can be very ineffective compared to a little hand holding. Plus... one of my failures was a blind gent (big shocker).

Powdery mildew can be stopped in its tracks with a vigorous spraying of skim milk every week.

thanks for that. know someone who can use that advice with the issue. i hadn't seen it in years and was a bit lost. i love this place for learning.

Teehee!
It's the difference between personal and remote. Communication via remote methods can be very ineffective compared to a little hand holding. Plus... one of my failures was a blind gent (big shocker).

oh my gosh !

never thought of having to learn thru that.

i have optic nerve necrosis, am 1/3 partially blind in one eye. part of the reason i grow meds is to keep it at bay. it works. and it negates the majority of the optic migraines the issue creates. at least as long as i stick to the program.

kudos for trying to help.

:goodjob:

Mmm.... I’ve had the privilege of smoking that tasty chemovar. You have fun with her now. :battingeyelashes:
Oh, I sure will... I think she is destined to be my low and slow Guinea pig. I have a chunky NL coming down at the same time so I should be able to spare a couple of weeks worth of patience. Lol

Oh, I sure will... I think she is destined to be my low and slow Guinea pig. I have a chunky NL coming down at the same time so I should be able to spare a couple of weeks worth of patience. Lol

You won’t regret it. :thumb:

I have one more happy hempy DDA coming down in the morning. :slide:

I’m playing around with an Octopot and I just took down my second hempy plant of over six ounces, so Octopot has to really excell to get me to leave something this easy and consistent. And I have that monster Carnival looking like she’ll beat her mother’s totals.

Yep, Octopot has to jump over a high hurdle to steal me away from hempy. :battingeyelashes:

Today’s harvest was a full 60 grams lighter than the previous DDA.

The difference was lighting. DDA 10 spent her entire life under veg lighting, grabbing 18 hours of 4000K Timber lighting a day.

DDA 11 spent the first 53 days in the veg tent and her final days in the flowering tent under 12/12 Timber 3000K qb lighting.

We estimate it cost about 12 grams in dry bud to make the lighting switch. As far as Brix and I are concerned, autos demand at least 18 hours of light daily, and 20/4 would be even better.

DDA 11 will yield in the neighborof 2 ounces, and I won’t be complaining about that one iota. :laughtwo:

Nice roots....

....great stem development.

Hempy rocks! :slide:

Part of the reason I stay with hempy is the weight issue. Tell me you could do this with an equivalent-sized pot of soil. Keep in mind I’m 65 years old, albeit a healthy and vibrant 65. :battingeyelashes:

Carnival 6.1 is no small plant.

To drench her I need to lift the plant off the saucer she sits on and set the basin that catches overflow under her. I could stick a larger saucer under there and let the runoff just sit and evaporate, but humidity levels this close to the Gulf Of Mexico are already through the roof. I don’t need to leave any standing water around.

Instead I squat down next to the open tent, brace my lifting arm against my knee and lift.

Out comes the saucer - this is the easy part - replaced by the basin.

When she’s done draining I reverse the movement and sit her down into a dry saucer. It’s significantly heavier that second lift, but still manageable from this awkward position, because it’s filled with perlite, not soil or some other heavy medium.

You bet I love growing hempy. :blunt:

I’m hoping to persuade Brix to let me modify one of his nursery pots he uses for kit girls to make a bigger pot, both deeper and wider. I pulled it out to see if it’d give me the right height from the floor and giggled out loud when I lined the edges up.

I don’t think I’ll be lifting this pot for drenches. My fallback is a glass turkey baster - easy to clean and sucks that water up lickety-split.

Let me go speak with Brix about this pot. :slide:

Hey Sue!

Why are there pots of charcoal briquettes in the tent? If that to absorb excess moisture?

Concerning the nursery pots, that’s what I’m using right now for my hempy pots. I bought waterproof tape and cut pieces to tape up the holes, and then made a drain hole in the side. I’m using the 2L nursery pots, and they are doing fine. The pot was $.99 and the tape was about $15, but that roll of tape will last me years of making pots.

Hey Sue!

Why are there pots of charcoal briquettes in the tent? If that to absorb excess moisture?

Concerning the nursery pots, that’s what I’m using right now for my hempy pots. I bought waterproof tape and cut pieces to tape up the holes, and then made a drain hole in the side. I’m using the 2L nursery pots, and they are doing fine. The pot was $.99 and the tape was about $15, but that roll of tape will last me years of making pots.

You were my inspiration BigBear. :hug: I’ve been considering it for quite a while, but just now made the move. Brix said “Go for it!” and brought out the drill and the torch. :yahoo:

This time I remembered to measure the water it’ll take to fill her. I calculate it’ll be 1.5 gallons to get the proper runoff.
In the morning I’ll rinse the perlite and get her transplanted.

Oh my gosh..... I’m excited! :woohoo:

The charcoal is left over from my earlier attempts to keep humidity under control. I went with a larger fan and just left the briquettes there. In this humidity any help is good.

I didn’t think of using duct tape for some reason. Doh! I fought a special type of tape that I’ve used before with working on the pool. It’s basically adhesive putty on the sticky side, about a millimeter thick. Works amazing well....but even the good duct tape is much cheaper.

Duct tape is my buddy too, but I'm aware of it's limitations. It does poorly over time exposed to UV and heat. I can't help but imagine that acidic water will take it's toll as well.
I suspect all of these variables are in play for you. I'd find a bucket with a bottom if you expect a container to actually be watertight over time.
They do make that crazy waterproof tape. Saw ads for it where a guy drives a boat he cut in half and taped back together. YMMV.

Wouldn't a 5 gallon bucket from the Wal-Mart bakery department work as well without all the taping? Or isn't a 5 gallon large enough for the experiment? These are food quality. Their icing and other baking stuff comes in them and they sell them for a couple bucks.

Or even one of the 5 gallon buckets from Lowes or Home Depot.

Brix has a monster blooming at this moment in a five-gallon bucket from Lowe’s (I think it’s Lowe’s :hmmmm:), and for that particular Devil’s Carnival that may be just what she needed.

This pot is just a bit taller than the one she vacated, but it was the broad base and straight sides that caught my eye. For this plant I don’t think I could have found a better pot at this time, and I have faith in the water-retaining abilities of duck tape. I took great care in sealing those drain holes, and as cheap as duck tape is to purchase it won’t be a hardship if I had to redo it every time I harvest and clean the pot up.

I’ve been growing in hempy for over two years now, I believe, and for most of that time I had pots covered in duck tape sitting under LEDs in overheated tents, filled with nutrient-rich perlite. Not a single pot degraded in that time. I’m not going to worry about duck tape degradation. :battingeyelashes:

She upcanned without a glitch. Form-fitted to her previous pot, I ripped her roots open and settled them into a cocoon of fresh perlite soaked in Mega Crop 2.0, 6.5 gr/gal.

I figure this doubles her available root space.

Tonight, when lights come back on, I’ll corral her better, get that canopy back under control.

Now all the budsites stand a better chance of developing bigger buds. :yahoo:

You were my inspiration BigBear. :hug: I’ve been considering it for quite a while, but just now made the move. Brix said “Go for it!” and brought out the drill and the torch. :yahoo:

This time I remembered to measure the water it’ll take to fill her. I calculate it’ll be 1.5 gallons to get the proper runoff.
In the morning I’ll rinse the perlite and get her transplanted.

Oh my gosh..... I’m excited! :woohoo:

The charcoal is left over from my earlier attempts to keep humidity under control. I went with a larger fan and just left the briquettes there. In this humidity any help is good.

Decided to Frankenstein a Hempy pot myself

The tall 5gal pot

STD is 9" tall, these are 12" tall

We shall see

My favorite so far is the standard coffee can size. I will probably only use the metal cans once, the plastic should last two uses... I drink a ton of coffee so my supply of cans is always being renewed. I hate buying stuff for the sole purpose of poking a hole in it...

Kismet just learned that not everyone is a good candidate,
Learning curve. Think they will pull it off after my correction.
Wouldn't a 5 gallon bucket from the Wal-Mart bakery department work as well without all the taping?

Back
Top Bottom