Hempy Headquarters

Learning curve. Think they will pull it off after my correction.
That is what I used for my first Hempy grow. Some Walmart's will give them away ,the one in my town does not.
Bakery departments throw mad buckets away. Ask and they will usually have several laying around.

My favorite so far is the standard coffee can size. I will probably only use the metal cans once, the plastic should last two uses... I drink a ton of coffee so my supply of cans is always being renewed. I hate buying stuff for the sole purpose of poking a hole in it...

I feel this is a good size for folks growing in tents or other shorter environments. I grew in 1.5 gals for many years. You'll end up pretty root bound at the end of the grow, but all in all I feel your in a good zone for hempy tent plants.

hello headquarters, fort st. veg/clone reporting..

recruits continue improving

full

experiencing exponential growth. have been stretching the recruits a touch on purpose. light will now be maintaining a shorter distance to the plants, about 24 - 30 inches above canopy.

9 of 12 have been no trouble and are with the program 100 %. the one cbdream clone i kept is a bit behind as it was the smallest i took, but it is healthy and improving. it is expected to be with the rest of the recruits in full participation soon.

both white cookies exhibited trouble. have increased nute levels to everyone and am at the top of the ceiling for cal-mag. both phosphorous and cal-mag identified as issues. one has pulled thru to a healthy attitude and one continues to struggle.

full

will be doing a mild flush with h2o2 later today. within 24 hrs after the flush will be feeding with another bump in nutrients. hopefully that will do the trick.
:morenutes:

am already over double the previous feed level but am both feeding and watering at 1/2 the number of times per wk. the new schedule is looking to be a winner, other than the one plant, so will be sticking to it.

overall fort st veg/clone is getting crowded.

jungle patrol reports slow sustained progress...

full

3 of 5 are close to being in the window soon. again, only the white cookies seem back and struggling. would like to see things finish up in 1 - 2 wks. amber trichome present but not in finish percentages, and only on 2 of 5 plants.

still on a regular feed/water schedule for everyone and have not begun flush. a number of yellowed fans were removed, and will remove others as they spend their energy.

jungle patrol would like to see this done as the new recruits will need to occupy the space fairly soon.

that is all for now. stay healthy and green headquarters...

:)

Try reducing the amount of light your flowering plants receive each day by 3 minutes. I do this to speed up the finish when the replacements are chomping at the bit. I can usually cut about 5-7 days off the flowering time. I'll start this when I feel they have about 3 weeks left till harvest. I reduce the light by 3 minutes per day for a total of 20 days. So I go from 12 hours of light per day to 11 hours of light per day over a 20 day period of time.

If you hit it right you'll see buds swelling and trichromes increasing as she feels the end of fall quickly approaching.

Try reducing the amount of light your flowering plants receive each day by 3 minutes. I do this to speed up the finish when the replacements are chomping at the bit. I can usually cut about 5-7 days off the flowering time. I'll start this when I feel they have about 3 weeks left till harvest. I reduce the light by 3 minutes per day for a total of 20 days. So I go from 12 hours of light per day to 11 hours of light per day over a 20 day period of time.

If you hit it right you'll see buds swelling and trichromes increasing as she feels the end of fall quickly approaching.

actually was gonna hit them with a full hour less lol. i'm in wk 9 flower. all of the strains i'm growing finish in an advertised 8 wks. running full light for only 10 of 12 hrs. there is an hour of low level ramp up/down light at the beginning and end of each day cycle. gonna pull full light back to 9 hrs.

it's odd as this light usually does finish them a bit quicker. i've built a few for others and they all report a faster cycle than the hps the light replaces.

doing my best to be patient and not rush them.

thanks for that post btw. good info. :peace:

I know for sure that a bunch of folks are using Mega-Crop, @Tead and @beez0404 come to mind right away.

I use it in conjunction with Maxibloom in my schedule. The ladies love it. I haven't finished enough plants to make a solid judgment, but so far I am pleased.

I was getting low on nutrients so I took a chance on this. I heard good things about it on here. Anyone know a thread that has a good feed schedule?

How old are the plants you’re using Mega Crop with? Doob and I are both using 2.0.

Start low, and increase at a pace you’re comfortable with. Remember that cannabis is a less is more eater and try not to kill them with overfeeding. It’s not pretty. :straightface:

My Carnival got flipped and switched immediately from RX Green to MC 2.0. It took me 16 days to get her up to 6.5 grams to a gallon of water, and today I dropped back to 6.4 because she let me know 6.5 was a tad too much by displaying slightly burnt tips.

Two more weeks till they get flipped.
Does this look on track for 35 days old?

Travis, in two weeks they’ll be at least double that size. I’ve seen plants flipped where yours are now. You’re right on track. :thumb:

Buck.......BOOM! :woohoo:

Hi guys, not been back to this thread since I first joined as I got a bit distracted. Phones buggered too so using the Mrs.
But here we are as promised, my 20L hybrid hempys that were vegged in 10L fabric pots then dropped into 20L hempys for bloom.
Grown in coco/perilite 70/30.
Ive lost my meters sadly : (
I know from experience though that I'm around 800ppm and ph 7.4 - 7.6.

This should be ruining my plants but it's not.
They look small cause I suck at taking pics but there's about a lb there between the 3. Be surprised if I get less.

IMG_20190315_175042.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190315_175129.jpg
    IMG_20190315_175129.jpg
    1,011.4 KB · Views: 15
Hi guys, not been back to this thread since I first joined as I got a bit distracted. Phones buggered too so using the Mrs.
But here we are as promised, my 20L hybrid hempys that were vegged in 10L fabric pots then dropped into 20L hempys for bloom.
Grown in coco/perilite 70/30.
Ive lost my meters sadly : (
I know from experience though that I'm around 800ppm and ph 7.4 - 7.6.

This should be ruining my plants but it's not.
They look small cause I suck at taking pics but there's about a lb there between the 3. Be surprised if I get less.

IMG_20190315_175042.jpg

Welcome back Barney. :hug: We’re always here. Glad you got through.

Expecting a pound between them, eh? God, I love hearing things like that. :yahoo: You’re demonstrating in your own way that pH isn’t the concern with hempy it is with soil or coco.

Well done! :high-five:

@Ganjagrowergu, those lighting upgrades’ll lift your garden to new levels. :thumb:

Plants are looking great everybody and I’m really interested in trying out this hempy pot method. I think I have a basic understanding of the concept but have a few questions.
Is there an ideal pot size? I was thinking 1 gallon or slightly larger? I suppose any hydro nutes could work but I am looking into mega crop 2.0 as I like the idea of an all in one dry fertilizer.
What’s the best way to start seeds rapid rooter or rock wool? What’s the best way to start an auto with this method? Any and all advice is appreciated thanks guys.

Plants are looking great everybody and I’m really interested in trying out this hempy pot method. I think I have a basic understanding of the concept but have a few questions.
Is there an ideal pot size? I was thinking 1 gallon or slightly larger? I suppose any hydro nutes could work but I am looking into mega crop 2.0 as I like the idea of an all in one dry fertilizer.
What’s the best way to start seeds rapid rooter or rock wool? What’s the best way to start an auto with this method? Any and all advice is appreciated thanks guys.
Welcome to Hempy.
It depends on the space you have. My flower tent is only 6.5 square feet.
2lt plastic soda bottle works great. I'm trying 1.5gl now. You got the space and you can go 20+ liters.
I use rockwool to start my seeds then into solo cup Hempy then to 1.5gl Hempy bucket. If doing and auto I would skip the solo cup and straight from rockwool cube to final container.

Back
Top Bottom