Herb Dean’s Herbs: All Welcome!

Herb Dean

Hey 420 Family!

So the move has gone well and I’m settling in to my new location in the tropics where it’s much hotter than where I’m used to.

My parents are also around now which is part of the reason for my move as they’re getting older now and I’m wanting to spend more time with them so here I am :ganjamon:

It’s been tricky finding a spot where they won’t snoop around but for now I’ve jerry rigged something up in the attic just to get the girls going and once they’re getting established I’ll be relocating them to my Gorilla Grow tent in another location.

For now, they’re in my attic :laughtwo:

I know it’s not ideal and I have no reflective walls but it’s all good I have heaps of seeds so if this fails I’ll start again from fresh in the tent at a later date.

Shout out to @Lowrider72, @irie lion, @Ganjagrandaddy and @Preston9mm!
Hope you guys have been well.

I’ve planted 2 autos for this run both in coco. One Northern lights and one Kalabrase. I’ve ordered 3 15L fabric pots so may end up germinating another if I’m going to have room.

Here they are so far. Planted yesterday - 10-08-2019

Hey 420 Family!

So the move has gone well and I’m settling in to my new location in the tropics where it’s much hotter than where I’m used to.

My parents are also around now which is part of the reason for my move as they’re getting older now and I’m wanting to spend more time with them so here I am :ganjamon:

It’s been tricky finding a spot where they won’t snoop around but for now I’ve jerry rigged something up in the attic just to get the girls going and once they’re getting established I’ll be relocating them to my Gorilla Grow tent in another location.

I know it’s not ideal and I have no reflective walls but it’s all good I have heaps of seeds so if this fails I’ll start again from fresh in the tent at a later date.

I’ve planted 2 autos for this run both in coco. One Northern lights and one Kalabrase. I’ve ordered 3 15L fabric pots so may end up germinating another if I’m going to have room.

Yes Mr Dean. welcome back to the anxious growers collective.
Love that grow space so far. looks like an adventure just opening the door. Appealed to my inner child instantly.lol
Its perfect and accessible without suspicion too.
All good here for me. lots of buddage in the house now 5 weeks in flower. Had a beautiful Blue Gelato41 throw seeds at me 4 weeks into beautiful flowering so had to pull her out. My others are killing it to compensate though so all good.
Thanks for the sub. Have my chair set and my accoutrements to hand for the ride. Bring on the ladies ......

Hiya Dean, congrats on the move! Nothing like starting from scratch yer gonna have a ball up there! Cheers mate, gl on your grow!

Hey 420 Family!

Are you a fan of UFC? Happy growing my friend and good idea to go for coco + 3gal smartpot. Plants thrive in it and 3 gal coco which is far enough for most growers

NL auto! I'll follow along and learn something, it's what I want to attempt next!
Congratulations on the move, parents are everything!

Happy growing!

Hey guys, apologies on the lack of response time.
I’ve been busy indulging in the results of my last grow :laughtwo::ganjamon:

We made some amazing cannabutter from the Acapulco trim and half a brownie slice sends you off on an intergalactic journey hahaha.

So, they’re perfect :laughtwo:

I’ve been a lazy ass with this grow, stuck my seeds straight in the jiffy pots lol. Today will be day 4 since planting them in so hopefully they pop up to say g’day soon.

If not, I have about 10 other beans ready to go which I can always germinate correctly :meditate:

Ok, much love family! Hope everyone’s grows are going perfectly!

Hey guys, apologies on the lack of response time.
I’ve been busy indulging in the results of my last grow :laughtwo::ganjamon:

We made some amazing cannabutter from the Acapulco trim and half a brownie slice sends you off on an intergalactic journey hahaha.

So, they’re perfect :laughtwo:

I’ve been a lazy ass with this grow, stuck my seeds straight in the jiffy pots lol. Today will be day 4 since planting them in so hopefully they pop up to say g’day soon.

If not, I have about 10 other beans ready to go which I can always germinate correctly :meditate:

Ok, much love family! Hope everyone’s grows are going perfectly!

Maybe you re the real Herb Dean hahaha

Hey guys sorry for the hiatus, been a busy man!

I’ve made the executive decision to not use my tent anymore. I’ve decided to put my handyman skills to the test to see if I can make myself a functioning grow room and I’m pretty happy with how it’s coming along so far :cheesygrinsmiley:

So since I’ve bought this place I figure I don’t have to be so cautious. Saying that, this is up above my bedroom in an attic space.

I’ve lined pretty much every surface with reflective insulation. Not sure about those support beams just yet but any input would be hugely appreciated. I may end up wrapping them in the same material to keep the light bouncing around as much as possible.

This is from the other end looking back towards where I climb up. Still work to do but I’m getting there slowly. The Acapulco Gold from my last grow is a great companion for the daytime work I’m doing :ganjamon:

This is a little vent on the side of the building which I figure will be handing to push the hot air out of.

I’ve also mounted my extraction fan ducting up high and have the fan and filter on the other side of this wall so combined with the building side vent I’m hoping it keeps it a reasonable temp in here.

3 little autos slowly getting ready for the big show :laughtwo:
They’ve been in fairly crappy conditions until now but hopefully they take off soon.

So there you have it! I’m excited to see how much of a difference the new setup can make for me.
Like I said, any advice from you lot would be appreciated!
Hope everyone’s grows are going well! Much love 420 family!

God bless you Herb for the love and care you show your parents. i moved here from colorado to be close to my parents and was able to lead them both to Jesus before they passed.
Thank you mate. Got to try and spend some quality time with them while I have the chance. It’s been really nice so far to have them close and be able to have family dinners and catch ups together.
Cheers for popping past @clrwatrtom

Glad to have you back,Herb-that new growspace is sweet !
They’ve been in fairly crappy conditions until now but hopefully they take off soon.
I'm also trying autos this go-round, I'm having trouble getting them to sprout- maybe I should just sit them out of sight and forget about them for a week or so - crappy conditions may be what they need...I've tried "ideal conditions",and that doesn't seem to be working....;)
Good to see you,Herb!

Glad to have you back,Herb-that new growspace is sweet !

I'm also trying autos this go-round, I'm having trouble getting them to sprout- maybe I should just sit them out of sight and forget about them for a week or so - crappy conditions may be what they need...I've tried "ideal conditions",and that doesn't seem to be working....;)
Good to see you,Herb!
Thanks mate, happy to be back amongst all of you great people!
I gotta say, I’m super lazy with my germination lol. I don’t do the paper towel method or anything.. I just prep my little jiffy pots with the coco pucks supplied and shove the seed in about an inch deep. Once it’s dried up I give it a little water but not too much as I try not to disturb them. So far I’ve been really lucky and have germinated every one I’ve done just using ph’d water. This round I added a little bit of rhizo to help them along.

Fingers crossed yours pop up to greet you soon!

Thanks for stopping by to check my new space :cheesygrinsmiley:

Love the grow space you used!... Like the name by the way too! ;)... How are you finding growing with LED lights? I just started using them this year I was using a 600w hps bulb before for veg and bloom then decided to switch to LED.

Love the grow space you used!... Like the name by the way too! ;)... How are you finding growing with LED lights? I just started using them this year I was using a 600w hps bulb before for veg and bloom then decided to switch to LED.
Cheers Herby appreciate it!
I’ve only had one previous grow prior to this one and only used 2 Mars Hydro 400’s which from what I learned is fairly low power compared to most.
Saying that, they did great and I was really happy with the result.
I’m only upgrading to a bigger, more powerful LED now due to my upsize in space. My grow tent was 2 x 2.5ft and I could probably fit 5 of those tents in my new space lol.

Cheers for coming through for a look!

Ya the new LEDs are great I'm using a bestva 1500w veg and bloom full spectrum and I think its actually on par with a 600w hps light, but far less heat produced from the LED light. Sometimes I giggle at the fact that I have to wear sun glasses in my grow room now :) but still nothing beats the good ol' sun!... Good luck with the new grow...

Back
Top Bottom