High Brix Hunger Games: Catching Fire With The Perfect Sun 1000

Re: Shiggityflip's High Brix Hunger Games - Catching Perpetual Fire With Docbud's Kit

Jungle it is, holy cow you'll get list in there. Lots of work ahead.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420
I do get lost in there lol. Yeah lots of work but it's a labor of love as you well know!
Man. A toZ in the veg room. Quite a show of green. Good deal. Gonna be fun to watch it unfold.
I am excited myself! Next up will be twister of course and my 5 4Csins girls, (Columbian Gold X (carnival X cotton candy). Also the two Shangrila females that I haven't managed to fit into flower yet. But I was on potstagram and saw Jinxproof's (breeder at TGA) Shangrila photos... Here is one of his. You will agree I must flower them!

image12402.jpeg

Wow...and I thought I had my hands full. :goodjob:
Yeah I tend to keep strains around and this can get messy!
Don't worry Jim...an octopus would have his hands full in shigg's garden. :cool:

EDIT I realize octopi do not have actual hands. It's just a mataphorical reference to the 8 appendages and the relative difficulty one with 8 appendages would have in trying to manage a specificly labor-intensive task...particularly, his garden

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...
:rofl: I love a good stoner inspired run of humor!
Wow Shig that is a hell of a Veg room.... keep it green... damn... beautiful..

:peace:

FE
Thanks FE, I was just admiring that Grail 69 yesterday. Can't wait to hear how she smokes!
Crap! I'm getting old. That looks like a LOT of work. :circle-of-love:
It was a LOT harder before all the girls were high brix. I think I have more than a batch of soil in that veg room. Had to make a big order to Doc to keep up with my Veg plants! The little drench plants take some time. For the 3 gallons going into flower I just dump a half gallon of drench in there and they stay happy.
shiggs, looking truly awesome!! :thumb:
Thanks Ziggs! It's part your fault!
Shigs, how big is your veg room? Do you, like, slither on your belly (like snakezzzz) to water those in back, or do you do the long legged stork walk?
I am embarrassed/proud/happy/tired to say it is about 4'x10' pretty much exactly as big as my flowering room lol! And you can see the psycho I am by looking at the 18ish seedlings on that bucket to get them closer to the light. What am I thinking? And I just popped about 15 more seeds. Someone help! I have a real problem here! :rofl:

Re: Shiggityflip's High Brix Hunger Games - Catching Perpetual Fire With Docbud's Kit

It's so fun to see great seeds sprout and grow. Very exciting and rewarding.

I agree FF. The new beans are BOG Sour Bubble, In house genetics (IHG) gorilla glue#4 X Dosido, IHG hulkamaniac, IHG Cactus X Dosido, KOS Dark Dragon, and more Dynastygenetics Pineapple Fields. How are your Dynastygenetics girls?

Dang Shiggityflip, your going to have a big variety of dank!

My Dynasty plants are beautiful in veg. I need to snap some recent picks. They should be showing sex any day now. Some are very compact and branchy. The Honey Badger Haze seems to be a little less lanky than Pineapple Fields but both have very branchy stocky phenos. I am very eager to flower them but I want to take plenty of clones first.

I usually top my seedlings and clone that as the first round. Then once that roots I know I have no worries and clone the hell out of the mom. That first topped clone becomes the first to flower.
Do you too.clones that have been taken from flower? It has a cola on it still.

Do you too.clones that have been taken from flower? It has a cola on it still.

I try and keep my strains as pristine as possible. Flowering a plant is a huge genetic shift that changes a plant. It is hugely stressful and in nature results in death. I don't take clones in flower because I don't want to clone something that has undergone that shift. I am thinking of the long term here, like the Twister which has been cloned uncountable times over two decades. I don't want to do anything stressful or strange to that plant. Now if it was a last resort and all my veg plants died? Then yes I would do whatever possible to not lose the strain. But in most cases, no, flowering is a one way ticket in Shigg's garden!

Right on. Thanks for the reply. We had some smaller, less producing branches that would have produced much. They probably should have been trimmed when we defoliated under the Scrog. We decided to try cloning those. Took 2 clones, one survived. Now we aren't sure if topping is necessary to the clone, and how to do it. Thanks for all your help, and the superb updates you give us.

In general if you are going to clone any plant the lower branches are what you want to take. So you were going th right direction. Lower branches in flower are also responding the least to the flowering signal itself. So especially in flower that's what you would want to do. Now as far as topping a clone its all your choice.

A clone will behave like it is just as old as the mother it was taken from. Often we top a seedling so that it doesn't grow too big before flower. A photo seedling should be 55-60 days before flowering. Otherwise it wont flower to its full potential in bud size and quality. I have flowered seedlings earlier than 55-60 days like I did with my first hunger games, you just assume you won't get as much yield.

But with a clone it is already fully mature if the mother it was taken from is mature. So some people will take a stretchy plant and flower it as soon as the clone roots. Then you get a manageable sized plant.I top my clones, because I am always looking to shape a bush. But it isnt necessary, just do what you prefer. That's the wonderful thing about clones. They are out of the seedling stage and start out with alternating nodes instead of opposite like seedlings. A funny thing though, sometimes my Twister will go back to opposite nodes after cloning before returning again to alternate. But she is a special girl for sure.

So that's why my veg room is so big, I like to have 3-4 copies of any strain at any time. So I can clone off the healthiest plants. If you only have one copy of a plant and it gets a disease or a bad mutation you are in trouble. But if you keep your clones healthy and only clone from healthy clones, you can lengthen your relationship with an awesome pheno.

You never know when your seedling may be the next Gorilla Glue #4 or the next Twister 2. If I never cloned that twister it would be gone forever. People assume they can just buy more seeds, but sometimes the pheno you already tossed is the one in a million keeper. So nothing goes into flower if there are no rooted clones of it. And I mean rooted clones. I will never trust a new batch of cuttings that haven't rooted to preserve a strain. The cost could be losing all the hard work you put into finding it in the first place.

I usually top my seedlings and clone that as the first round. Then once that roots I know I have no worries and clone the hell out of the mom. That first topped clone becomes the first to flower.

At what node do you usually top and take the cutting when you do this?

At what node do you usually top and take the cutting when you do this?

Major I like to leave 4-6 growing branches depending on the shape and stretch of the plant. So I guess I am topping at the 3rd node taking the 4th and 5th with it. Not a hard and fast rule, it really depends on the strain. But a good generalization. These are from the first hunger games but typical of what I do.

image2254.jpeg
image2257.jpeg
image2352.jpeg

Awesome update Shiggs! Full of great information too. I'm super jealous of your veg and flower spaces. That's the perfect amount of space to be able to do whatever you want. Looking forward to the flower update this weekend brother! :circle-of-love:

re: High Brix Hunger Games - Catching Fire With The Perfect Sun 1000 & Doc Bud's Kit

Words fail you because that room tells a story. A story of a man who collects strains like some people collect cats.

We will have to sign you up for strain collectors anonymous

But what if you collect cats, and strains? LOL! :thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake::loopy::loopy::hmmmm::hmmmm:
:passitleft::laugh:

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom