High Brix Hunger Games: Catching Fire With The Perfect Sun 1000

Re: Shiggityflip's High Brix Hunger Games - Catching Perpetual Fire With Docbud's Kit

Shiggs nice. That Tutankamon 1 looks like if you slapped her it would snow.

The flaps are aluminum. The whole light is aluminum but for the screws, the hanger pieces, the bolts the hangers screws on and such. All large pieces of aluminum. Even the case is aluminum. This is why she only weighs around 20lbs, vs other lights that are over 30 of the same size.

Hmm, I just called the Perfect Sun 1000 a she. Yeah, she fits. I feel like it is a she.

Re: Shiggityflip's High Brix Hunger Games - Catching Perpetual Fire With Docbud's Kit

Lovely frost on all ladies. Man, I'm getting depressed about taking a break for summer. You guys are making me want to run 400 watts. Great light, it's doing a stellar job on plants.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Shiggs nice. That Tutankamon 1 looks like if you slapped her it would snow.

The flaps are aluminum. The whole light is aluminum but for the screws, the hanger pieces, the bolts the hangers screws on and such. All large pieces of aluminum. Even the case is aluminum. This is why she only weighs around 20lbs, vs other lights that are over 30 of the same size.

Hmm, I just called the Perfect Sun 1000 a she. Yeah, she fits. I feel like it is a she.

Thanks for the clarification on materials. It is a testament that she rocks so solid that I thought it could be steel. I am noticing something else interesting. My other lights fire all LEDs at once and the Perfect sun winds them up several at a time and comes up to full power in a few seconds, like it warms up and comes up gradually. Is that a function of the type of drivers you are using? I like it personally, I feel like it would be gentler on the components. Hey, if I have to call this light a girl it's gonna be Stormy. If you noticed I moved all the plants beneath her for pics as the light she puts out is very pleasing. It is mostly white with a lavender tint. She makes for good pic lighting as opposed to my blurples which are a strain on the eyes and camera, or the HPS which makes everything look green.

What you should do is pop a bunch of new strains this summer and grow them all under a tall 400 or fluorescents. Get them all sexed and cloned, toss the males, keep the girls Bonsai in 2 gallon pots, and be ready to flower them as soon as the weather cools.

Run gaslight routine to help on heat.

Now that's a solid recommendation. Hey MT, if you do it, I'll supply the beans! :cheer:

I got beans, but a vacation will be nice. I'll wait till june and see if I can swing anything once I get a grip on heat. You guys are great.

Cheers

Thanks for the clarification on materials. It is a testament that she rocks so solid that I thought it could be steel. I am noticing something else interesting. My other lights fire all LEDs at once and the Perfect sun winds them up several at a time and comes up to full power in a few seconds, like it warms up and comes up gradually. Is that a function of the type of drivers you are using? I like it personally, I feel like it would be gentler on the components. Hey, if I have to call this light a girl it's gonna be Stormy. If you noticed I moved all the plants beneath her for pics as the light she puts out is very pleasing. It is mostly white with a lavender tint. She makes for good pic lighting as opposed to my blurples which are a strain on the eyes and camera, or the HPS which makes everything look green.

Yeah, they fire up slowly to make the LEDs last longer and also to prevent and surge damages to them from a sudden burst of power.

Not looking to shabby there mate. Never grown the Tut or THC Bomb. Had cuts but neglected them. Starting to regret that after your latest update hehe :thumb:

Not looking to shabby there mate. Never grown the Tut or THC Bomb. Had cuts but neglected them. Starting to regret that after your latest update hehe :thumb:

The jury is still out on the THC bomb pheno I have here. We will see. The tut has some nice fruit terps though. I will take a pic of broken lil Tut this weekend too. She is barely hanging on haha. I'm going to do a flowering update this weekend. The girls continue to fill in nicely. But today I have a pic of the veg room. Prepare yourselves for this motley collection of cannagirls. Well my friends...I have 8 plants in flower... But veg...WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE. #weedhoarder

image12393.jpeg

Jungle it is, holy cow you'll get list in there. Lots of work ahead.

Cheers

Wow...and I thought I had my hands full. :goodjob:

Don't worry Jim...an octopus would have his hands full in shigg's garden. :cool:

EDIT I realize octopi do not have actual hands. It's just a mataphorical reference to the 8 appendages and the relative difficulty one with 8 appendages would have in trying to manage a specificly labor-intensive task...particularly, his garden

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Crap! I'm getting old. That looks like a LOT of work. :circle-of-love:

The jury is still out on the THC bomb pheno I have here. We will see. The tut has some nice fruit terps though. I will take a pic of broken lil Tut this weekend too. She is barely hanging on haha. I'm going to do a flowering update this weekend. The girls continue to fill in nicely. But today I have a pic of the veg room. Prepare yourselves for this motley collection of cannagirls. Well my friends...I have 8 plants in flower... But veg...WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE. #weedhoarder

image12393.jpeg

shiggs, looking truly awesome!! :thumb:

Shigs, how big is your veg room? Do you, like, slither on your belly (like snakezzzz) to water those in back, or do you do the long legged stork walk?

I'm thinking he uses a pogo stick.

Back
Top Bottom