How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

I'm interested in recapture as well. The alcohol is proving to be the expensive part for us.

SmokeDaKush, what about the legal implications? I know that ALL of our grows are, at best, a gray area, but I've not heard of a state trying to trump fed alcohol laws. I know a couple people that make their own alcohol, but they are basically making whiskey/moonshine. I am interested in setting up my own recovery apparatus, but I'm worried about that leading to my grow being found. I'm legal per state law, but my local community is very conservative. If I setup a still in my backyard, people would notice. :blalol:

Have a great holiday everyone. I'll be harvesting. :morenutes:

Smokes, Yep, I'm on board for recapture so any info you share with us would be awesome!! Happy safe Labor day to you all as well

Hi all
I am Nilesh, and i am from India, my mother is suffering breast cancer, she had gone threw operation chemo and radiation a year ago, last month she recurred cancer again she had operation and suppose to go for chemo next week,
i am looking for buying a cannabis seed online but there are various seed strains out there i just dont understand that indica, sativa, THC, CBD, male, female thing can you recommend me the actual name of seed strain which i can buy online??

Hello and welcome Nilesh, I am so very sorry about your mother's diagnosis. I know that this is hard on you and the rest of your family. Growing your own cannabis for your mother's medication is the best way to get the highest quality flowers for the oil but it will take months to grow your own, dry and cure the flowers before you can make the oil. Your mother would benefit greatly if you can buy some cannabis right now to get her started on the oil. The sooner she starts taking the oil the better for her. Also it is important to learn how to safely and correctly make the oil and dose your mother.

Having said that, I think the best type of seeds for you would be the auto flowering type. They are the quickest plants to grow. I have never grown them but others on here have. I just looked through Herbies seeds to see what they have available to buy. Herbies is one of the sponsors of this site and several members have bought from them. There are also other seed bank sponsors you can look at, this is just the one I saw first. Here is a link to their site.

! Buy Cannabis Seeds - Worldwide Delivery - Herbies Marijuana Seeds

I looked for 3 different strains to treat all your mother's needs.
1) sativa dominate high THC strain (at least 20% THC is best)
2) Indica (for sleep)
3) High CBD strain

Here is a list of the ones I found that would seem to be a great combination and a good start.

Kera Dwarf Auto Autoflowering Feminised Seeds, this plant is seed to flower in approximately 9 weeks, is indica with about 12% THC

CBD Crew Med GOM Auto 1.0 Feminised Autoflowering Seeds. This is listed as having 15% CBD, seed to flower approx 65 days

Original Sensible Auto Black JH Autoflowering Feminised Seeds. This is mostly sativa with 18% THC, also says high CBD but does not give a percentage. It is seed to flower in 65 days.

As far as male and female plants. These are all feminised seeds which means they have a high probable to be females which is what you want. You can check out other seed banks by clicking on the sponsors tab at the top of the page and just scroll down to find them. I am not saying that the seeds I listed above are what you need, those are just what I could find at Herbies that seemed a good fit for fast autoflowers. I am sure this is overwhelming for you. If you have not grown before, there is a lot to learn, and as hard as we first time growers try, it does not always turn out the best with our first grow. Also remember that the cannabis needs to be dried and cured for at least 2 weeks after harvest before you can make the oil with it. So if the plant takes 9 weeks to flower, it will be 11 weeks before you can make oil. This is another reason I strongly recommend buy cannabis now if you can to save on precious time. Keep us posted and good luck.

Hi all
I am Nilesh, and i am from India, my mother is suffering breast cancer, she had gone threw operation chemo and radiation a year ago, last month she recurred cancer again she had operation and suppose to go for chemo next week,
i am looking for buying a cannabis seed online but there are various seed strains out there i just dont understand that indica, sativa, THC, CBD, male, female thing can you recommend me the actual name of seed strain which i can buy online??

Here are a few High CBD Strains
Blue Dream
Cannatonic
Harle-Tsu
Medicann Blue Blood THC 15%-20% CBD 10%
Medicann Cali Jack THC 15%-20% CBD 4%
Royal Queen Seeds' Royal Highness THC 14% CBD 12%
Royal Queen Seeds' Royal Medic THC 10% CBD 12%

High THC:
White Widow
Cheese
AK48

Just popping in to say I hope you are all doing well and that you had a safe and enjoyable holiday!

My Mom is doing fine on starting the oil, I can personally see a marked improvement in her energy level even if she doesn't fully recognize it yet. Pops says she's sleeping better, doesn't wake up tossing nearly as much as she was. I have her on 3 grain of rice sized doses per day right now.

Baby steps....

I have a few questions:

1. Can the rice cooker be skipped if I were to just use an induction cooktop with a variable thermostat? The prices on some single burner units are as low as $40 now.
2. How do the measurements of materials vary? For instance, this writeup is based on 1 ounce of Cannabis buds. What if someone were to also use trim? What if someone were to use hash?
3. Does the temperature of the solvent have any effect on solubility? For example, Water will dissolve certain solids faster when the temperature is increased. Does this same rule apply to the dissolution of the oils when using a solvent such as alcohol?

Thanks in advance! I'm preparing to make my first batch soon, and some of these questions popped up, so I wanted to ask before I got started.

Hope your holiday was a good one Canna. Nice to hear your Mother is doing better. Everyone always notice the person on the oil looks more healthy. The user is the last one to notice because their mind is trained to how they have been feeling in the past. They will feel better and better. Nice job to have her up to 3 grains of rice a day! Keep giving her the drill to snack and hydrate :) Who can? Cannafan can :) Nice job Cannafan!

Just popping in to say I hope you are all doing well and that you had a safe and enjoyable holiday!

My Mom is doing fine on starting the oil, I can personally see a marked improvement in her energy level even if she doesn't fully recognize it yet. Pops says she's sleeping better, doesn't wake up tossing nearly as much as she was. I have her on 3 grain of rice sized doses per day right now.

Baby steps....

Brother Antics,

Here is a tip Brother; You don't have to have a precise temperature control when cooking down the oil. You could turn it up to 400 degrees and you won't see it ever get that high when the solvent is cooking down as it keeps it right around 176 degrees neighbor hood (only used as an example to make a point). When the solvent gets low is when you want to lower your temperature.

Be careful when making a purchase of an induction cooktop. Most have set temperature ranges 150, 190, 250, 350, etc., for our purposes those would seem fine if they are accurate. The lower priced ones I've found are not that accurate. If you want a nice all around rig I would suggest the Cuisinart Fondue Cooker that is shown in optional equipment in the tutorial. Great cooker, great decarber. Compact but capable of bigger quantities if needed.

One ounce was used as a guideline. You can use trim, but, for me its a no go only because I deal with mostly cancer patients so I always get the highest potency by volume. Hash? Never tried it so cannot give you an answer on that one. Sounds like your wanting the most meds out of your grow and it makes sense especially if its used for normal ailments like arthritis, etc. As your grow yields increase I would stick with flowers only and the 2 main reasons for me is the taste is better (less chlorophyll and plant wax) and the concentrate is much more consistent.

Yes, the temperature does have an effect on solubility. Why I recommend the quick wash with frozen bud and 0 degree alcohol. When cold it gives you more time to work before pulling out more unwanteds. Water doesn't dissolve the cannabinoids. I answered the temp of the solvent in the first paragraph.

Do the tutorial and you will be down town in no time.

I have a few questions:

1. Can the rice cooker be skipped if I were to just use an induction cooktop with a variable thermostat? The prices on some single burner units are as low as $40 now.
2. How do the measurements of materials vary? For instance, this writeup is based on 1 ounce of Cannabis buds. What if someone were to also use trim? What if someone were to use hash?
3. Does the temperature of the solvent have any effect on solubility? For example, Water will dissolve certain solids faster when the temperature is increased. Does this same rule apply to the dissolution of the oils when using a solvent such as alcohol?

Thanks in advance! I'm preparing to make my first batch soon, and some of these questions popped up, so I wanted to ask before I got started.

Baby steps....

Cannafan you are such a "love" do you want to be my sister.:circle-of-love:

You to Brother Motoco all of my love to you and Mrs. Motoco.

Hope your holiday was a good one Canna. Nice to hear your Mother is doing better. Everyone always notice the person on the oil looks more healthy. The user is the last one to notice because their mind is trained to how they have been feeling in the past. They will feel better and better. Nice job to have her up to 3 grains of rice a day! Keep giving her the drill to snack and hydrate :) Who can? Cannafan can :) Nice job Cannafan!

LOL Motoco! Yeah, I don't have to worry about Mom snacking...she does a LOT of that. (thank goodness she's not a sweets snacker like my Pops is) She's a water drinker too, always a glass half full somewhere about to be emptied. I've never been a water drinker, it's a struggle for myself with hydration issues. Had to quit the pepsi and go to flavored waters being careful to stay away from the bad ones. It's not easy for a former pepsi-holic. :)

Cannafan you are such a "love" do you want to be my sister.:circle-of-love:

You to Brother Motoco all of my love to you and Mrs. Motoco.

Sure 'nuff 60Cal just call me "Sis" like many others do. :circle-of-love:

THANKS SIS, take good care of mom.

Nice to see your mom is using the oil. My nephew has pancreatic cancer but wants to keep working. I sure wish I could talk him into getting on the oil. He works for a company in South Dakota and that has to be the worst state there is. You are a good person to help and be with your mother. Have a good day.

Nice to see your mom is using the oil. My nephew has pancreatic cancer but wants to keep working. I sure wish I could talk him into getting on the oil. He works for a company in South Dakota and that has to be the worst state there is. You are a good person to help and be with your mother. Have a good day.

Thanks Beemerbill, the folks are getting elderly...we have to come to the realization that it will be soon time to take care of them as they did us. What goes around comes around. Although I have two older brothers, I have always been the "designated driver" when it comes to taking care of illnesses in the family.
I don't know where this saying came from, but I have used it often in my life: "Children learn what they live, so be careful how you care for them, because they may have to care for you someday".

My Mom's biggest concern was she didn't want to get high. She realizes that doesn't happen and she's all up for this now and I think my Pops will be very soon too.
I wonder if that might be the reason your nephew won't try it? Maybe it would help if someone close to him or a good friend tries the oil first, just to let him know that there was no high involved when done properly? Pancreatic issues are painful and downright nasty issues to deal with, it causes all kinds of problems with the system, then to have cancer thrown into the mix...the poor guy!

Don't give up. :circle-of-love:

Canna, I hope you had a nice safe weekend also. It sounds like you have something to celebrate about with your mother. That is so awesome that you are doing that for her. Sounds like your dad is happy about it also. Don't you wish you could make enough oil to treat everyone??

Motoco, you made me laugh with "Who can? Cannafan can!!" You are the best cheerleader to all of us as you teach us your knowledge and cheer us on. You and Mo are one of a kind. Or I guess 2 of a kind. Or a one of a kind pair. Well I hope you know what I mean. Bottom line, it was my lucky day when you decided to plant roots here at 420magizine and share your knowledge with all who looks for it.

Beemerbill, so sorry to hear about your nephew. That has to be very hard to know you can help a loved one if they would only let you. I have no doubt you would do all you could with the oil for him if he ever does ask even if it is just giving him the valuable knowledge that we have learned on these threads.

Peace

Thanks Beemerbill, the folks are getting elderly...we have to come to the realization that it will be soon time to take care of them as they did us. What goes around comes around. Although I have two older brothers, I have always been the "designated driver" when it comes to taking care of illnesses in the family.
I don't know where this saying came from, but I have used it often in my life: "Children learn what they live, so be careful how you care for them, because they may have to care for you someday".

My Mom's biggest concern was she didn't want to get high. She realizes that doesn't happen and she's all up for this now and I think my Pops will be very soon too.
I wonder if that might be the reason your nephew won't try it? Maybe it would help if someone close to him or a good friend tries the oil first, just to let him know that there was no high involved when done properly? Pancreatic issues are painful and downright nasty issues to deal with, it causes all kinds of problems with the system, then to have cancer thrown into the mix...the poor guy!

Don't give up. :circle-of-love:

He would do it but the company does random pee tests. He was saying something like 50 to 60 a month get tested company wide every month. If is gets to the point of there's nothing we can do, he will come out to Washington and get started on it. He figures he won't have a job anyway. I sure wish he would just do it.

Beemerbill, so sorry to hear about your nephew. That has to be very hard to know you can help a loved one if they would only let you. I have no doubt you would do all you could with the oil for him if he ever does ask even if it is just giving him the valuable knowledge that we have learned on these threads.

Peace

Thank you small cell. I have most of the oil made right now. I use it on a daily basis and have enough bud to make all we need for him. Just have to have the solvent which I may get a little ordered. Back in south dakota they sell 190 everclear for 34 a half gallon. Adds up fast.

Man, I go party for a sec & missed all sorts!
Got my CAT scan done today. Find out this week what the status of mets are. Been short on oil so I hope nothing grew out spread. Dadgum, I wish I could drink still! I'm freakin' out. Blah. Kush time.

Man, I go party for a sec & missed all sorts!
Got my CAT scan done today. Find out this week what the status of mets are. Been short on oil so I hope nothing grew out spread. Dadgum, I wish I could drink still! I'm freakin' out. Blah. Kush time.

Good evening cajun. I would be freaking out also. We will be sending all the good vibes we can muster. :Namaste: Kush time is right. :volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom