Icemud's Breeding Projects And Motherchucking Pollination Extravaganza

Please excuse the intrusion, as we help one of our valued Sponsors.

Sierra Natural Science has been a 420 Mag Sponsor for over a decade, and we finally talked them into getting active in the forums. Please show them around, subscribe and promote this thread and show them how much we truly appreciate them.

Meanwhile, if anyone has any pest or disease control questions for SNS, please let them know in their thread.

Has anyone used SNS before and can share your experience in the thread above? :thanks:

Please excuse the intrusion, as we help one of our valued Sponsors.

Sierra Natural Science has been a 420 Mag Sponsor for over a decade, and we finally talked them into getting active in the forums. Please show them around, subscribe and promote this thread and show them how much we truly appreciate them.

Meanwhile, if anyone has any pest or disease control questions for SNS, please let them know in their thread.

Has anyone used SNS before and can share your experience in the thread above? :thanks:
I definitely can say I have used SNS products in the past for IPM and they seem to work well, and are natural which I definitely like! Thanks 420 and SNS!

I definitely can say I have used SNS products in the past for IPM and they seem to work well, and are natural which I definitely like! Thanks 420 and SNS!
Can you please post that in their thread :thanks:

Hey Everyone!

I know everyone has been waiting on this... sorry for my procrastination!

Chocolate Thai update...

So Here we go!

The chocolate thai's seem to be very easy growing, and really making me look like I know what I'm doing.. LOL. j/k The phenotypes all have a decent bit of variety in structure, leaf shape, and size, however all of them on a stem rub have that very odd trait where the stems feel smooth and almost silky.. its very different from anything I have grown before in that mannor. I have found 3 of the phenotypes all have the "dragon blood" trait where they have dark red sap that looks like blood when you top them.. pretty cool!

On a stem rub, they defininitely have a very strong chocolate/cardboard smell to them, some more than others.

I am starting to see sex in them, and it looks like 4 of the 6 are females so far, but its still very hard to tell. I just hope I get at least 1 male, even though 2 would be better :)

I'm still finishing up deseeding my Orange FPOG project, so after thats done I will be cloning all of the plants in the chocolate thai project, getting them rooted in soil, and once thats done I will be flipping the chocolate thai project over to flowering. So about 3 weeks away or so...

I also have decided the next project will be DJ Shorts blueberry..... I owe the breeder who "loaned" me the beans, I have to replace them with ones I make so I want to get that out of the way. After the blueberry I may stop breeding for a while and just grow out some of the goodies I have made over the last few years so I can start reaping the benefits of my projects and get a feel for traits and dominant genes, plus to have some home grown flower which I haven't had in a couple years.

Well that is all for now, so how about some Chocolate Thai photos : )

Hey Everyone!!! Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas and all other forms of celebratory exclamations in this PC world! LOL

So being that I've been pretty silent the last 2 months I figured it was time to do some posting and update everyone on my progress of projects....

Orange Fruity Pebbles OG project:
So this project all and all turned out pretty good and was a seedful success! I managed to get quite a harvest of seeds from all of the plants that were pollinated which always is a good finish to a project. In regards to my feelings on OFPOG, it was ok, but nothing to write home about in terms of todays current popular strains.

Overall I only had 2 females of OFPOG so there was not much variety to see in the female phenotypes, but the 2 females I had were almost identical in size, shape, leaf to bud ratio, trichome formation and just about all things were equal, however 1 pheno had almost no terpenes, where the other pheno had very very strong terpenes. The buds were much leafier than I generally prefer, and girth and size of buds were average. The trichome formation was very low (not impressive at all) which is primarily why we grow this plant, so really I was kind of disappointed overall by the final result. In addition, with one of the phenotypes popping hermi flowers early in flowering, I am not too keen on using these seeds for future breeding as I am not confident in most orange/tangie lines as both attempts running seeds related to Cali-orange have popped hermies... Not sure if its from the Cali-Orange line, but I have read this seems to be common with certain strains involved with Cali-orange.

Anyhow, overall it was a great harvest of seeds, and lots of varieties to add to my collection for future pheno hunting and even gifts.... but not too confident in the resulting seeds being something spectacular... or at least the traits I saw in the females were not impressive to me to run again...

Well here are my breeding notes from the FPOG project:
The Seeds:

These seeds were given to me by (a well known breeder) from his personal collection. He did not breed these, they were just given to him and from his personal collection and lent to me to do a seed increase.

The strain: Fruity Pebbles OG:

According to legend.. and google.. lol FPOG was a limited release by Alien Genetics where only 500 seeds were originally released. FPOG is a cross of (Green ribbon x GDP) x Tahoe Alien (Tahoe OG x Alien Kush). ***green ribbon is believed to be trainwreck x Afgooey.

Since I have 3 of the strains related in FPOG heritage (trainwreck, GDP and OG kush) I think this may be a very interesting project. I will be popping 7 FPOG seeds and doing an open pollination to cross the FPOG with iteself and also with my "mothers".

The strain: Orange Fruity Pebbles OG:

This was a creation by Obsoul33t and was a combination of FPOG x Cali Orange. I have not been able to find much else out about the cross, the strains, the breeder or much else. It sounds like he did a lot of crosses with Cali Orange and from what I have read he also may have been involved with Alien Genetics and Orange Cookies, but I have not found much info.

The PROJECT:

The "mothers" which are clones of my favorite strains have all been cloned, and the clones are rooted and were placed into soil as of April 26th.

The FPOG seeds all cracked within 48 hours from putting them into R/O water and placing the shot glass onto my warm stove above the pilot light. As of today, all 7 FPOG seeds were placed into soil. I am using EB Stones "Recipe 420" soil which I used on my current Gods Gift Project and for a cheap soil which is organic certified, its a great soil. (much much cheaper than other commercially used soils.

• All of the Girls were topped on May 23, 2020.
  • Final topping was done on July 25, 2020. Clones were taken of the 3 female phenotypes. The plants will be put into flowering within the next 2 weeks.
  • 1st Day of flowering was August 13, 2020. Lights were flipped to 12/12, and first bloom nutrient feeding was given. Lights are Cob/Budmaster blurple blend at approx. 600w total grow.
  • Day 13, pheno 7 was discovered with intersex parts and removed from the grow, no pollen had released from this plant.
  • Harvest Date: October 26th, 2020.

Phenotype notes:

Pheno #1
. During topping this phenotype had a very orange citrus sweet smell with a very slight hint of cheeze. Reminds me slightly of the tangie I grew in the past. Very strong terp smell, like sweet orange juice or sunny d with a hint of cheeze and dank.

Late Veg: This pheno had the thickest stem, but looks to be a male. It is not expressing balls like pheno 2, but is showing signs of pre sacks forming. Biggest, tallest and strongest male here.

Pheno #2 shares the same terp profile as Pheno 5. Both of these phenos have zero orange smell and instead have a very skunky, rubber, dank smell, very potent smelling. No orange or sweet. This pheno has a slight peppery hint to it as well.

This plant was much slower to take off than the others, but caught up in late veg. This phenotype is male, and developed pollen sacks around July 15th, but has not dropped pollen yet. I am topping it for the final time on July 25th, in prep for flowering.

Pheno #3. (FEMALE) During topping this pheno had a good terp profile, not as strong as the others but still quite strong. The smell profile was a good blend of orange with the skunky dank smell of pheno 5.

Late Veg: phentotype 3 was also a very nice structured plant, with beautiful leaves. This pheno is definitely female as it’s the only one that I spotted with white pistils. On a stem rub its not as potent in strength as the other two, but also very good smelling almost like a orange hot wax with a slight chemical dank.

Early Flowering: This phenotype is smaller and less vigorous than pheno 5, but has a nice sturdy structure and slightly larger more dense buds. This pheno definitely on day 24 is showing quite a bit of trichome development rivaling my more frosty strains, but not quite as much as my gg4 or trainwreck this early in flowering. The terpenes on a stem rub are also very strong and has a nice orange hot wax smell to it but more sweet oranges.

Harvest: Winning phenotype: This phenotype is the best of the 2 females from this project. Both female phenos look the same, are very leafy, not very dense, not a lot of trichomes, but pheno 3 definitely has an amazing terpene profile which is just about the only benefit of this strain. The terpenes strength is probably a 8 or 9 out of 10, very strong. The terpene profile is very similar to my trainwreck, but with a very strong fresh orange smell mixed with the pine and some other complex smells buried below. Mostly orange/pine.

Pheno #4 during the topping had a very strong terp profile during a stem rub. This pheno smelled like sunny D orange juice, a sweet orange smell with a hint of dank/skunkyness, but very pleasant orange smell.

Late Veg: This pheno looks to be male, but was not producing definitive pollen sacks like pheno 2.

Pheno #5 (FEMALE) during the topping had a very very strong stem rub smell of rubber, skunk and dank. Definitely very potent.

Late Veg:This pheno has very nice node spacing, leaf formation is beautiful. The terps on a stem rub are definitely very pungent in strength. Hard to describe but a sharp chemical rubber leather with a hint of citrus, almost like a strong industrial cleaner smell. Thus far this pheno looks female.

Early flowering: This pheno is definitely much larger, has more vigor than pheno 3, and also has much more pleasant and strong terps on a stem rub. A very attractive leather chemical cleaner with a sweetness to it and very pleasant is the terps. The bud seems to be forming average at this time and definitely more in line with my faster strains, than the og’s I grow. The trichome formation however is less than pheno 3 at this time (day 24 flowering).

Harvest: 2nd female finishing female… Well this phenotype, has a slightly higher yield than pheno 3, but not by much. This pheno is just as leafy as pheno 3, both are extremely leafy. The tricome yield is very low, just like pheno 3, so neither is good. This pheno is a 2 out of 10 in terp strength, hardly any terpenes at all. Terpene profile is very hard to smell, but just smells like a generic weed smell, very weak, nothing sticks out, nothing special about it. This may be good to explore further, but I would recommend pheno 3 over this phenotype. Nothing special here. Pheno 3 is much better.

After drying: This phenotypes terpenes were very very weak, it was really hard to get any smell from the buds when breaking them up, and mostly it smelled just like a generic weed smell, but it also had a slight licorice taste with a mix of pepto bizmo.. almost like the candy good and plenties. The trichome yield was about the same overall as pheno 3, and I yielded about the same size finger hash ball. Both phenos were equally leafy, but pheno 3 had much much stronger terps. Otherwise the phenos were pretty identical, with pheno 5 maybe having a slightly larger bud yield, but the seed yield from pheno 5 was less than pheno 3.

Pheno #6 is very very potent smelling on the stem rub during topping. This pheno smells like sweet oranges and skunky dank, but very good orange smell.

Late Veg:This phenotype also has beautiful leaves, and nice structure. The stems on this pheno are very sticky and resinous feeling. On a stem rub this pheno is very potent smelling, with a very sweet orange smell mixed with a very deep dank smell. Almost chemical waxy smelling.

Flowering:
This pheno turned out to be a male…

Pheno #7
(HERMIE) shares the same terp profile as pheno 3 and 5. It has a dank skunky rubber smell, very potent (medicine smell). This one has almost a minty eucalypus smell.

Late Veg: This pheno looks like it is a male.

Early Flowering: Pheno 7 was removed from the grow and culled on day 12 of flowering. This pheno had all male pollen sacks, except for 1 branch which was a intersex flower showing both male and female organs. Luckilly none of the pollen sacks on this pheno were open, so none of the pollen from the hermi had gotten out, thankfully. This plant was immediately destroyed.

Veg Overall Notes.

Overall Phenos 1, 2, 4 and 6 all have sweet orange terps with slight minute differences.

Phenos 3, 5 and 7 all have a very potent skunky, rubber, dank, sulfur smell with minute differences.

Birthday Cake S1 (cannarado) This pheno so far has grown beautiful, no issues. Nice leaves, great structure and overall beautiful plant. On a stem rub, the smell is very waxy and chemically, no sweetness to this one. The stems were very sticky and resinous which is a great sign. The smell was fairly potent, but not as pungent as other strains stems.

After Harvest: this plant was very similar in terpenes and bud shape as the cherry pie I grew years ago, but the bud/branch structure was more similar to a OG kush where it was nice big dense nuggets. The terpene strength was low, probably a 5 out of 10, and it smelled much like a sweet muffin dough with a hint of berry or cherry and either a hazelnut or maple hint. There were a ton of trichomes and the bud to leaf ratio was really good, with lots of bud and not many leaves. The seed yield was average, but for the size of the buds I would have expeted more. This might make a good cross if you could keep everything about the birthday cake but add the Orange Fruity Pebbles OG terps… that would be a winner for sure. I think I may name this one Pebble Cake or OrangeFruit Cake.

I put the trim in my kief box and got 15ml of kief from 1 plant which was not too bad, quite a yield.

So overall, the "winning" phenotype was phenotype 3, which had very strong terps (smelled fantastic) but overall average bud size, lower than average trichomes, very leafy. Structure of the plant was good, and it was pretty easy to grow, not very temperamental.

The Birthday Cake S1 (from cannarado) turned out phenominal (for a cookies strain variety) and had the traditional dense nugs, absurd amounts of trichomes, and the sweet but bland cookies taste. I definitely will be keeping a clone of this for future projects as it was quite impressive in all catigories, except the terpenes which most cookies are pretty bland, so this would be an excellent structure to add terpenes to from cross breeding.

The (Black Cherry Soda x Black Diamond OG):

This is one of my personal creations from my very 1st feminized seed project and I had popped her into the project as I was very impressed with how frosty it was and how amazing the terp profile was. This strain has the cherry skunkyness from the BCS and almost reminds me of cherry cough medicine in how it tastes/smells. Its amazingly fragrant, very full of sticky trichomes and overall the bud formation was pretty good. I definitely think the seeds resulting from this might be special.

Orange Fruity Pebbles OG Final Harvest Pics:
Here is the final seed yield from the project:

Phenotype 3 (select winning pheno)

Phenotype 5

Final Full seed harvest:

I also found a useful way to smoke "some" of my harvest without having to endure smoking tiny seed parts.... My kief box!!! after each strain was deseeded, I was able to run the trim/buds in my keif box and get a decent "taste" of the final project... however I mixed the kief so was unable to decipher between strains...

Well overall the Orange Fruity Pebbles project was a success and I have a ton of seeds that I now can use in the future, or trade, or pheno hunt or.... .. play johnny potseed and spread them across the globe.. LOL.

Thank you for all those who followed along, cheered me on and all the good vibes along the way!!!!

I will be updating my Chocolate Thai project soon as I just put it into flowering 2 days ago!!! :) fingers crossed for a male :)

The Birthday Cake looks killer, can’t wait to watch your Thai in action.
The birthday cake was actually quite impressive... It had all the "checkboxes" marked... frosty, large buds, low leaf ratio, easy growing...etc... the terps were actually quite good "for cookies"... LOL. It resembled the cherry pie that I grew years ago... had a sweet kind of dough taste/smell.

I definitely will be making "chocolate cake" in the thai project :) (assuming I get a male). If I don't get a male, I have some CS and STS leftover so I will probably reverse 1 or 2 of the Chocolate Thai's if I don't get a male... but lets hope I do :) I really would love to explore this line further down the road :)

I’m very interested in Drawoh’s Chocolate Thai, hope you get that make.
MEE TOOO! lol.

I definitely will know in the next 1-2 weeks if I got a male or not... fingers crossed!!! I do have a few contingency plans though in case that I don't. I took 1 clone of each of the phenotypes, so I could always see if there are more seeds available... 2ndly I can reverse them with CS or STS and make feminized ones.... or last scenerio I do have pollen from my bangi haze, deep chunk, xmas bud and sour grapes projects. Not sure if its viable or not, but would be worth a try in a worst case scenario! lol

I do have a strong feeling that 1 of the 6 is a male... its the only one which I didn't see any white hairs on, so I'm very hopeful!

I will definitely have some way to make seeds :) lol. I just hope for the regular method :)

Happy New Year 2021~~!!!!!! Wow... we made it... LOL. What a crazy year 2020 was... anyhow!!! Happy 2021!

Well I definitely am due for a Chocolate Thai project update....

Where we are at currently: Day 14 flowering (from the flip).

All 6 chocolate Thai phenotypes are female.... which kind of sucks as I was hoping for at least 1 male..... As of Day 10 flowering, I realized that I was not going to get any males, therefore I reviewed my options and since I had some STS and CS left from my previous feminizing projects, I figured this may be the next viable option is to try to reverse the Chocolate Thai's and make feminized seeds.....

I did take 1 clone of each phenotype, so I can see how all 6 females turn out and select the best 1 or 2 phentypes to keep for future seed projects. I am also seeking more of the same Chocolate Thai beans which I may potentially be able to get... but thats still not confirmed as the run was very limited. So we will see if I can get a few more beans and maybe get a male...

The STS is about 3 to 4 years old or more I believe, and I'm not sure if its still viable (shelf life is only I think 30 days to 6 months) so I have been using STS every 3 days and inbetween using CS.... I picked 1 branch to spray on each of the 6 Chocolate Thai plants.... It now has been 4 days of spraying but no signs of male flowers just yet, so we will keep on spraying...

If for some reason this doesn't work either, then I can either pick some of the older pollen I have stored (not sure how long it keeps, but I believe I have some bangi haze pollen, deep chunk, Xmas bud and sour grapes... so if I do, I can also select one of these and go with it...

And last option is I can always just grow it out unseeded, and have plenty of buds to smoke for the next few months.... :)

So as you can see I have a few contingency plans ready in case the reversing doesn't work. So far the chocolate thai has been a very easy plant to grow, all of the females are very similar in height, branching and so far flower size. The leaves are all slightly different on each phenotype though, and stems rubs although smell similar, all have differences as well, but definitely there are hues of chocolate in all of them.

So only time will tell how the feminizing goes, but any of the other options would be good with me too, including maybe hand pollinating a few of them, and then also having some to smoke as well :)

Here are the most recent photos :) Enjoy!

Fingers crossed for that CS and/or STS to to take and do its thing! I am usually against rooting for balls...but, "C'mon balls! We need ya to make an appearance here!" Lol!
LOL "WE NEED BALLS! WE NEED BALLS!" the chant goes on!!!! lol too funny! I'm definitely hoping to see some pop soon. I just looked at my old pollen that I saved and I have Deep Chunk, Apollo 13, Sour Grapes, and Bangi Haze... All were pretty amazing so not even sure which I would use if the CS and STS dont work... I do think a Bangi x Choc Thai would be really good, but same goes with the other 3 too... LOL.

well fingers crossed! Give us Balls or give us death! lol

Back
Top Bottom