In The Lab

I am sure for these guys it is common sense stuff, but like you I feel to us noobs it can seem vague. At least everyone here is willing to help explain and answer questions even though they probably have answered them a million times.

Thanks again!!

It's very true. One thing I learned the hard way (even though I thought I was doing ok) is to not overwater! I thought I was letting them get dry enough but I wasn't.

Really focus on the wet/dry per Doc's instructions.

Once you get a feel for what the products do, your common sense will guide you the whole way.
I can attest to that. My first attempt was a disaster because my environment was crap. My 2nd attempt almost failed until I switched to distilled water (chlorine, chloramine, murders microbes!). Now, by following directions...

My first kit grow 2nd attempt @ day 25:

420-magazine-mobile1593973802.jpg

My first attempt didn't even make it to flower:

420-magazine-mobile774652878.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2092783289.jpg
420-magazine-mobile656401675.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1430077320.jpg

- I had no control over humidity
- Temperature change was too dramatic at night, got as low as 60° night, 80° lights on.
- No insulation between slab and tent floor.
- Pots on the floor at some point.

Don't fool yourself into thinking you'll get plants that look like some of the folks here without making your environment a priority. Your girls will look like my first attempt and if you're foolish enough to take plants that look like that into flower you will have wasted time and money, trust.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Guys...I tend to under water....I am working on it, trust me.....but I am committed right now and have some very pretty plants...thanks, Doc....and I didn't even have to go to Gangaland...

Here's a dumb question, how come my 7 gal smart pots seem to look the size of a 3 gal bucket? They seem so small.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Here's a dumb question, how come my 7 gal smart pots seem to look the size of a 3 gal bucket? They seem so small.

My 7 gallon Smart pots look the size of a 10 gallon GeoPot, only shorters. My guess is they are both about 18" in diameter.

My 5 gallon GeoPot looks the size of a 3 gallon bucket.

I've accepted that soil gallons stated by marketers are not the same size as liquid gallons

"Prepare a tub/bucket of water such that when you submerge a dry container from above, the water level is 3/4ths up to the level of the soil. If using a drench, mix it TWICE AS STRONG AS NORMAL"

When is this done? The mix twice as strange by as normal? Is that the first drench that we mix and the last?

"Prepare a tub/bucket of water such that when you submerge a dry container from above, the water level is 3/4ths up to the level of the soil. If using a drench, mix it TWICE AS STRONG AS NORMAL"

When is this done? The mix twice as strange by as normal? Is that the first drench that we mix and the last?

That is if you're submerging the pots in a container of water with the drench + tea added in. You will have water left over that won't be absorbed in the pot. At least half of it will be left, which means the pot is only getting half of what you put in. So you need twice as much to get the proper dose.

Something I've been doing with my larger pots I dunk is, I'll sit them in a tub of water for about 5 minutes. Then I'll put them on a plant saucer and then water in the drench & tea and water until I start to get run off. The pots get fully saturated without having any waste.

Sent from this funny device I carry around and still call a phone even though I hardly ever make calls with it.

In veg, when you're dunking the plants (if you are able to do this....it's the best practice, but not required) mix up the drench twice as strong as normal, because most of it will stay behind in the tub.

I have found if you mix your drench at 10ml/gallon of water plus 1ml tea/gallon of water it is about perfect.

Back
Top Bottom