InsaneRooster's Insane Greenhouse Winter Grow - 2014

Looking good. When I have time I have to go back and read every detail.

My greenhouse is definitely going to get a work out next winter. Mos def.

A very good day GF.

Thanks for the kind words, Well i will still be doing some work so the whole set-up will look good by weeks end. It is always nice when one gets inspired by others to work and better your own setup!

Best and Blessed

:adore: :circle-of-love:

nice work Insane!! you'll stock a lot of goodies after the greenhouse harvest for sure.
if you manage this grow like you did for the Monster-plant, it should be big and Epic!!!!
i'm subed that's sure.
have a lot of fun playing with your plants Insane.
best vibes from the south.

Okay, all read up. What are you going to use at night for heat or doesn't it get below 10C? If it gets much cooler than that your plants will suffer over a long period. Also, do not be fooled into thinking insects can't get into a greenhouse. I had an infestation of spider mites AND aphids in my greenhouse this past winter/spring. Hygiene is the most important part of growing in a greenhouse environment. The same way plants love that environment, so do pathogens, insects and other nasty stuff.

nice work Insane!! you'll stock a lot of goodies after the greenhouse harvest for sure.
if you manage this grow like you did for the Monster-plant, it should be big and Epic!!!!
i'm subed that's sure.
have a lot of fun playing with your plants Insane.
best vibes from the south.

Hay there EC

Thanks for subing up my friend good to have you on board !!!

Ya lets hope this is just as EPIC as the MONSTER grow, Thanks for all those green vibes from the south to the south!!!

Best and Blessed to you!!

Okay, all read up. What are you going to use at night for heat or doesn't it get below 10C? If it gets much cooler than that your plants will suffer over a long period. Also, do not be fooled into thinking insects can't get into a greenhouse. I had an infestation of spider mites AND aphids in my greenhouse this past winter/spring. Hygiene is the most important part of growing in a greenhouse environment. The same way plants love that environment, so do pathogens, insects and other nasty stuff.

WOW....WOW....WOW.....WOW!!!!!!!

Now that is the kind off comment i like FULL OF VITAL INFO!!!!

All of what you said in that post has been taken to heart, as for the temp it does drop bellow 10 and for this i am ready...

First off i have gone out and bought some of these, What they are is a heater pad for a reptile cage in may case i will be sitcing tham on the pots to make sure the roots are never cold.

Second i have got me gas heater that i hope to switch on when it gets too cold just too keep the temp in the green house as high as possible.

Well as for the pests what you say makes SO much sense, up to now i have only had problems with moths and i tought that the greenhouse should help with that as they can't just fly in you know, but then other things are SO much smaller so i guess i did not think that far.

Thanks for the help so far it is going to be needed!!!

Best and Blessed

:adore:

THAT, is a fine looking "yard" :goodjob:

I like that igloo-greenhouse, u r winter ready !! I like what you got goin on in there CrazyBird :cheer:

I'd sit in there for hours, just watchin''em grow while puffing a fatty in one hand

(with spray bottle in the other hand (to pic off critters) :)

You have been dubbed Dr Frankenstein, hope it sticks, lol

THAT, is a fine looking "yard" :goodjob:

I like that igloo-greenhouse, u r winter ready !! I like what you got goin on in there CrazyBird :cheer:

I'd sit in there for hours, just watchin''em grow while puffing a fatty in one hand

(with spray bottle in the other hand (to pic off critters) :)

You have been dubbed Dr Frankenstein, hope it sticks, lol

Good day Trichs...

How is my man from Cali today? thanks for the nice words it helps motivate me to get the set-up looking even better, by weeks end this yard should be shiny !!!

Thanks for the name loving it to bits there friend!!! i am REALLY hopping to see allot of you around my yard with your trichster ways!!!

All of the best to you sir!!

:adore: :adore:

Thank you Sir, is there anyway to put your flux in the ground (rookie question).

Yes there is a way 60, just dig a hole. :passitleft:

then u have to build a fluxring, for the wire attatchments:thumb:

there is a pic of my flux ring invention in my yard on page 236, come thru the front gate and see it, the combo is 60cal :high-five:

Good day Trichs...

Thanks for the name loving it to bits there friend!!! i am REALLY hopping to see allot of you around my yard with your trichster ways!!!

All of the best to you sir!!

:adore: :adore:

LOL, I like that u have thick skin! Cali is great 70° & sunny until October, we wont see a DROP of rain till Nov.

i haven't hopped, since i ruined my ACL, on my overpowered dirt bike, ouch :high-five:

I :love: your enthusiasm

thnx :adore: :adore: roo, i'll be here for this sub-equatorial :party:

I'm glad you are going to use heat. You do not have to be any warmer than 15c degrees at night. That is plenty warm enough and you won't promote disease or mold from it being too humid in the greenhouse as the plants transpire at night. You see, I do know some things! This is for all plants in general.

Gas heat is fine if you have it adequately vented outside. If not, the carbon monoxide will kill your plants. Your space does not look very big. A gas heater may be way too hot in there. I use an oil filled electric heater in my greenhouse and it keeps it 30 degrees warmer in the greenhouse than outside. I don't know how to translate that to Celsius.

Please ask questions. I may know an answer. I'm only telling you things so you don't go in with a problem at the start, but it is unsolicited so it I annoy you just tell me to hush up. LOL

Nice set up & layout, with so many plants going at one time it is very organized. You're going to be putting in some long hours in there & logistically looks like it you have it pretty well covered and it looks like you have room to adapt if needed.

Awesome job!

:peace:

Great start Insane Dude. This will be fun.

Back
Top Bottom