Inside The Mini-Tent, 150W LED, Going Coco For Tropicanna Bananna

9-10” may be a little too much height. What light are you running again? My goal is to keep all nodes between 14 and 18 inches of the light. That’s where the highest par without stress can be found for my setup. My worry is that if your tops are 10” from the net, your buds right on the net may be very shaded.

9-10” may be a little too much height. What light are you running again? My goal is to keep all nodes between 14 and 18 inches of the light. That’s where the highest par without stress can be found for my setup. My worry is that if your tops are 10” from the net, your buds right on the net may be very shaded.

I'm an idiot, that's not what I'm expecting at all. That was what I was expecting at the beginning of this week until now.
No, I'm expecting another 5 or 6 max.

She currently stands 7 inches from the net at her tallest top

But recommended by who? Unless the manufacturer is well known and trusted, I wouldn’t go by what they say. a lot of times these blurple makers don’t know shit about how close the lights should actually be

But recommended by who? Unless the manufacturer is well known and trusted, a lot of times these blurple makers don’t know shit about how close the lights should actually be
*THIS!

LoL

I've run plants until they touch... some hate it, some don't mind. But... I've definitely been in that <10" range without batting an eye. The plants will always tell the true tale.
:thumb:

Just a lil update!

It's now day 20 since the flip and she is growing like a beast, as per usual. I'm thinking I'm going to have to raise the light over the next day or two but I'm really wanting to keep it as low as possible for as long as possible. The fan blows right between the top of the canopy and the light and I've held my hand there and it didn't feel hot at all so I'm confident she can take it. I'll move it up if I start to see any signs of stress.

Other than that the only difference is I've started clearing the leaves from under the net and a few fan leaves up top that were blocking bud sites (thanks @ChefDGreen)

IMG_20200627_203924.jpg

There is still some work needing done with her but I'll get to it over the next few days.

Oh, and she stinks now. She is a pungent girl. I'm going to have to buy something to remove the smell from the cupboard that is released from the tent when the door is open!

Not much else to say, she is just too easy.

Hope you are all well! :ganjamon:
Awww Ka the nooo Jimmy!

Looks awesome, Shaggy :circle-of-love:

But recommended by who? Unless the manufacturer is well known and trusted, I wouldn’t go by what they say. a lot of times these blurple makers don’t know shit about how close the lights should actually be

I think I was running with a recommendation from Penny, actually! Around 31cm from the plant. Unless I'm remembering what he wrote completely wrong.
Anyway the light is around 25cm away from the plant and she doesn't seem phased by it at all

*THIS!

LoL

I've run plants until they touch... some hate it, some don't mind. But... I've definitely been in that <10" range without batting an eye. The plants will always tell the true tale.
:thumb:
Yeah I'm keeping an eye on her to make sure she's not getting stressed from the light!

Awww Ka the nooo Jimmy!

Looks awesome, Shaggy :circle-of-love:

Haha, nice Scots attempt!
Thanks, Tink!

Man that tent is so small . I love mini grows and hope you don't mind if I join the tour Burdok :passitleft:

Hi Chef :) I've been experimenting on several LED's to come up with an ideal distance but I coudln't. Everytime I think I find an optimal distance, plants prove me wrong. I had a Gorilla Zkittlez which had a budsite only 20 cm away from my 3000K quantum boards and that plant produced some huge, dense colas. I had to do the same thing with with BG41 and she didn't enjoy the lights that close. They were in the same tent so surrounding conditions were identical as well. I am currently growing another batch of BG41 now and I will use my QB's at a distance of at least 25cm from the canopy this time. I hope my Pink Kush enjoys thatdistance as well :)

I also experimented with my Viparspectra R300's. I stacked two of these lights in a 2x2 tent. I was growing an accidental breed (possible parents were blue cheese, chemdawg, SSH and chocolate chunk) and she liked these lights very close like 17-18cm. But when I tried the same distance in another earlier grow with a GG type bagseed, she'd reacted in a bad way. There was some tip burn on buds so I had to raise the lights. The ideal distance was around 35-40 cm for her. I guess genetics is also a constraint on how close you can get. Multistrain grows can be tricky but I take don't take photon hungry plants for a reference in these cases and move the lights a little more higher to make each plant happy.

Man that tent is so small . I love mini grows and hope you don't mind if I join the tour Burdok :passitleft:

Hi Chef :) I've been experimenting on several LED's to come up with an ideal distance but I coudln't. Everytime I think I find an optimal distance, plants prove me wrong. I had a Gorilla Zkittlez which had a budsite only 20 cm away from my 3000K quantum boards and that plant produced some huge, dense colas. I had to do the same thing with with BG41 and she didn't enjoy the lights that close. They were in the same tent so surrounding conditions were identical as well. I am currently growing another batch of BG41 now and I will use my QB's at a distance of at least 25cm from the canopy this time. I hope my Pink Kush enjoys thatdistance as well :)

I also experimented with my Viparspectra R300's. I stacked two of these lights in a 2x2 tent. I was growing an accidental breed (possible parents were blue cheese, chemdawg, SSH and chocolate chunk) and she liked these lights very close like 17-18cm. But when I tried the same distance in another earlier grow with a GG type bagseed, she'd reacted in a bad way. There was some tip burn on buds so I had to raise the lights. The ideal distance was around 35-40 cm for her. I guess genetics is also a constraint on how close you can get. Multistrain grows can be tricky but I take don't take photon hungry plants for a reference in these cases and move the lights a little more higher to make each plant happy.

Welcome to the show, my man!!

What you say about lights is very interesting. My girl is definitely closer than she should be but not a single curled leaf or burn

Hey burdok.

Looking great there my friend.
That plant is something to be proud of.

I keep my led lights real close in flower.
Some of my tops are like 10cm below the lights.
I've not got an burn but Indo get leaves twisting if they get too close.
As long as you still have a good spread of light and keep an eye out for burn or stress you should be fine.

I'm using a 200w floodlight/highbay fixture and I started to notice some light bleaching at about 20-25cm from the top of my Tropicanna Banana. I raised the light a couple inches and it has stopped. Keep an eye out for any of the flower tips becoming bright. There were no other signs of stress other than that.

Hey burdok.

Looking great there my friend.
That plant is something to be proud of.

I keep my led lights real close in flower.
Some of my tops are like 10cm below the lights.
I've not got an burn but Indo get leaves twisting if they get too close.
As long as you still have a good spread of light and keep an eye out for burn or stress you should be fine.

Thanks, bud. I'm quite proud of her!

My eyes are very peeled in regards to light burn. I definitely don't want any albino buds haha

I'm using a 200w floodlight/highbay fixture and I started to notice some light bleaching at about 20-25cm from the top of my Tropicanna Banana. I raised the light a couple inches and it has stopped. Keep an eye out for any of the flower tips becoming bright. There were no other signs of stress other than that.

Thanks for the info, Prof. She's handling it like a champ but I'm wondering if maybe one last round of bondage to the net will be a good shout, just in case she decides to stretch more than I anticipated. I shall see today when the lights come on

Okay, some news and some sadness.

I decided that tying down the tallest tops to the height of some of the smaller ones is the best way to go, as bending them all the way was just not an option with my space.

IMG_20200628_201504.jpg
IMG_20200628_201510.jpg

This was her before I attacked her with garden wire.

IMG_20200628_203216.jpg

This was the first one I did. As you can see, it's not a dramatic bend as I do not anticipate loads more vertical growth, just enough to get a decent plant in my space.

So I went to work and got the rest done

IMG_20200628_205538.jpg

It's a bit of a mad mess but I went to town underneath the net and cleared away the vast majority of the fan leaves there. There are a couple scraggy branches but I left them alone so I can have some designated buds for oils/butter/dabs.
I'm hoping she doesn't freak at the defoliation I did under the net, and I especially hope she doesn't freak over this...
IMG_20200628_204431.jpg

We lost a top :eek:
I'm gutted. I'm not entirely sure how it happened but I must have broken it when I was focusing on another top. It just snapped clean off, no chance for me to save it.
It was my favourite one.

IMG_20200628_205633.jpg

That is what is left of where that top was. Hopefully these little buds work hard in the absence of the top.

But waste not want not, I'm going to smoke the thing.

IMG_20200628_211107.jpg

Gonna let it dry and trim it a little more. Then I'm going to smoke it, whether it be shite or not!

Hope everyone is well, I'm gonna roll a dooby of Blue Sherbet and try and get over this

We lost a top :eek:
I'm gutted. I'm not entirely sure how it happened but I must have broken it when I was focusing on another top. It just snapped clean off, no chance for me to save it.
It was my favourite one.

Bummer, good job it wasn’t the only 1. Plenty more where that came from my friend.

Haha, that was my plan, bud! I hope I've pushed the yield as far as I can. Really excited to watch her grow without stressing now!

Do it! Fill your room as 1 massive scrog and harvest kilos per plant!!
Hello Burdok420, I think the experience and work needed in a small tent to contain a large plant and maximize the yield is a great growing experience, much more than my 5x5, I dont get pushed to the limit like you. Enjoying your grow. Cheers

You’ll get over it soon. Lol

When she is chopped and in jars, maybe! Haha

Bummer, good job it wasn’t the only 1. Plenty more where that came from my friend.

Thankfully! I'm still gutted about the top though. Its one less large cola. But I suppose you've got to be grateful for what you've got!

Hello Burdok420, I think the experience and work needed in a small tent to contain a large plant and maximize the yield is a great growing experience, much more than my 5x5, I dont get pushed to the limit like you. Enjoying your grow. Cheers

Thanks, bud!
And I agree with what you say, this is definitely pushing me to work and think very hard to contain her. Much more difficult than my round of autos in my 4x4 tent!

I'm glad to have all of you along for the ride

Not an update, I just wanted to share this photo my girlfriend sent me while I'm on night-shift.
Those stems are nuts

Think I'm going to need to try and even the canopy a little but I've really managed to contain what would have been an absolute monster

Asking the real question...
What’s h2 6h? ;) :rofl:
C494BE22-92EF-405A-A53A-3E19637FDE37.jpeg

Just kidding
hope your having a good day buddy.

Hahaha, the meter could only be hung upside down!

Back
Top Bottom