InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

That's probably the best thing to do... though thought you were wearing one of these
I do have a cartridge mask that I bought for mixing glazes when I did pottery. I still wear it for spraying Roundup on weeds, but it's pretty sweaty to wear long term!
Standard issued for emergency response workers here now, looks very apocalyptic though.
With one side missing the cartridge she's not too well protected :).
I need one of those for changing the baby!
I'm sure GG has a few stashed in the closet from his 8 ;).
Love you guys Y'all make me laugh (and i need it right now ) Got some bad news here in NC , my stupid ass got busted (damn kids fighting at my house on Xanax at 3.30am .. not to go into it cause i have been through it so many time === 14 days in Jail ( my son could have got me out but oped for going to the beach on my SS money and spending 3500- on shit on Ebay o_Oo_Oo_O still trying to recover my $$$ ... They got me for little over 700 grams And i am asking if anyone out there has any pot Stamps they would being to part with I owe the IRS $3500 ? without looking .. :rolleyes::( Nice update Shed !! Loooking Good as usually !!
Thanks sb, but dayum on the bust. So sorry that everything went to shit in an evening. I hope you can get some blood from that stone and reclaim your sanity as well. Changing the locks might be a good start?
Melting Shatter into gelcaps...? Ima have to study up!
Study over at Grandpa's place...
Hi there,
I think what is happening here with the math is this- Working with the 20 g starting mtl, you estimated 80% efficiency @ 15%. Forget the potency a moment. Your 80% efficiency implys a 20% yield, which would be...4g, not 2.1. The actual yield was 2.1g. I think it goes downhill from there. Your dilution ratios are correct. Make sense? or am I too missing something?
Were you estimating 80% efficiency with QWET extraction or something else?
I calculated my QWET at 70% THC but 100% efficiency (because it all melts into the coconut oil). My 80% efficiency on infused oil means that I lose 20% of the THC that I could have gotten from the bud in a perfect-extraction.
If I were a betting man, I would speculate that North Carolina, Alabama, (by God) Texas, and Kansas are likely to be the last holdouts if it remains up to individual States.
Not because of the people, but whom they elect.
Democracy is only as good as the people who actually vote!

I do have a cartridge mask that I bought for mixing glazes when I did pottery. I still wear it for spraying Roundup on weeds, but it's pretty sweaty to wear long term!

I'm sure GG has a few stashed in the closet from his 8 ;).

Thanks sb, but dayum on the bust. So sorry that everything went to shit in an evening. I hope you can get some blood from that stone and reclaim your sanity as well. Changing the locks might be a good start?

Study over at Grandpa's place...

I calculated my QWET at 70% THC but 100% efficiency (because it all melts into the coconut oil). My 80% efficiency on infused oil means that I lose 20% of the THC that I could have gotten from the bud in a perfect-extraction.

Democracy is only as good as the people who actually vote!
Shed. Ok but lets clear something up. AFTER you have extracted your 70% pure concentrate ( I use that # also as a guess), you have 100% efficiency dissolving the concentrate into coconut oil. But the extraction efficiency is a different thing. Maybe I got lost.

Shed. Ok but lets clear something up. AFTER you have extracted your 70% pure concentrate ( I use that # also as a guess), you have 100% efficiency dissolving the concentrate into coconut oil. But the extraction efficiency is a different thing. Maybe I got lost.
The efficiency rating is something that OldBear built into his oil blending spreadsheet to allow for the inefficiency of the infusion-into-oil process. There is no inefficiency in dissolving the finished shatter into oil.

For QWET, the inefficiency would be related to the inclusion of any plant material in the finished weight, plus whatever trichomes might be left behind. That's why I went with 70% THC for the finished product rather than 100%. Does that help?

The efficiency rating is something that OldBear built into his oil blending spreadsheet to allow for the inefficiency of the infusion-into-oil process. There is no inefficiency in dissolving the finished shatter into oil.

For QWET, the inefficiency would be related to the inclusion of any plant material in the finished weight, plus whatever trichomes might be left behind. That's why I went with 70% THC for the finished product rather than 100%. Does that help?
Yes. And that's about what Canyon and I tested out at using EVOO in the Holy Grail thread. I believe i have refined the technique to more like 85% min but yep, thats about right. Your math got off with the difference in the estimate and tha actual yield as I said, I think.

Because of the weakness of EVOO or Coconut oil as a solvent, I started extracting as rosin.

Monday update! Sorry I didn't get here this weekend. Saturday slipped by and Sunday I realized I had to do everyone's taxes, and that was the end of that!

First up are the summer plants from @Weedseedsexpress that I didn't have time to trim and flip neatly on day 60, but sometime this week I will send them into flower.

Here is the Chocolope:

And the Power Plant:

They both want more MegaCrop than I'm giving them, so I may move them to 6g/gallon next watering. I just gave the DDAs 6g/gallon this morning.

I didn't get to mix and spray the Gibberellic acid (GA3) to start reversing the Candida, so maybe I'll get to that tonight. In the meantime, here are the plants for the Candida-seeda project:

@The Celt said I should flip the sprayed plant (the one that will be male) two weeks before flipping the seed-making female, but since I had three plants I thought I would cover my bases. So the one on the right is about 9 days post flip and just starting to show pistils. I'll mix up the GA3 this week and spray for 5 days, and then flip that one and keep a close eye out for flowers pollen sacs while I wait to flip the other one. This way I'll have two females in two different stages of flowering when the pollen starts to fly.

Moving to progressively smaller pots, let us not forget the Golden Tiger in the Big Gulp cup, on flip day 56:

It is a prime example of how root bound plants will exhibit nutrient deficiencies no matter how well you feed them. I can also tell you that GT is prone to powdery mildew. I sprayed it with 1% citric acid this morning to see how that goes. 2% worked well but was a bit hard on the sugar leaves.

And finally, lest you forget the plant in the smallest pot, the Candida in the solo cup lives on. Day 232:

This has been outside at night for over a month now, so it should start to go into flower in a few weeks! I hope @Amy Gardner isn't too mad at me. :oops:

That's it for me! I hope your weekend went well, your taxes are close to or done, and that your refunds be plentiful or payments be low. Stay protected and safe as we head the wrong way down this one way pandemic.
:peace:

Why is your last Candida 232 days old? Felonious has a Mama Mia that's 214 days old. His is old because he's been experimenting with it.

Is your Candida test using gibberellic acid the first time you've used gibberellic acid for this purpose? We just ordered some because we want to make Candida seeds, too so I'll be following your experiment closely.

Why are you growing in Big Gulp and Solo cups? Are you trying to mimic the size of pots used in hempy?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm still learning. :battingeyelashes:

I don't know if I already told you or not but I'm growing in ProMix next grow and I just got some MegaCrop in the mail. I'm hoping to grow 4 plants next, which will include at least one Candida and possibly 2 but I also want to grow more Girl Scout Cookies and Carnival and Jack Herer so I still have to figure out which recreational strains are the most important. I'm thinking the Jack Herer might have to wait. But, I'm also concerned whether growing 3 different strains in the same 3x3 tent might be problematic for only my second grow. What do you think?

Why is your last Candida 232 days old? Felonious has a Mama Mia that's 214 days old. His is old because he's been experimenting with it.
It was a clone I didn't need but didn't have the heart to throw out, so I left it in the solo cup it started in. And that's where it remains for no particular reason at all :).
Is your Candida test using gibberellic acid the first time you've used gibberellic acid for this purpose? We just ordered some because we want to make Candida seeds, too so I'll be following your experiment closely.
Yes, first time, and I am following @The Celt's instructions posted in his thread here, so you can go back to the source!
Why are you growing in Big Gulp and Solo cups? Are you trying to mimic the size of pots used in hempy?
Those are just clones I just never threw out. I did the Big Gulp thing with an It's It Punch clone earlier this year so I thought I would do it again with an extra Golden Tiger clone. Free weed!
Sorry for all the questions.
Not at all :high-five:
But, I'm also concerned whether growing 3 different strains in the same 3x3 tent might be problematic for only my second grow. What do you think?
As long as you keep them to a similar height and don't expect the same harvest off each plant, you should be fine. But if one gets bigger sooner you may need to flip them when the other ones are smaller than you'd like. That's about the only downside. That and possibly mixing up separate nute strengths for each plant.

Nice update, Shed!
That Candida is just crazy....impressive, to say the least!..
I've obviously been using too much soil when I grow stuff....

Highya ITS,

Love your update! Very informative and to the point. Nice assortment of misfits!! lol.

The golden tiger is impressive. Some nice free weed!! And the Candida. She doesn't look her age, lol! Happy Smokin'

Pretty sure she's got No. 2 hole plugged up. :laughtwo:

That's it for me! I hope your weekend went well, your taxes are close to or done, and that your refunds be plentiful or payments be low. Stay protected and safe as we head the wrong way down this one way pandemic.
:peace:

Great update Shed and its so nice to see some green, PP brings back very old memories for me. Looks great!

:hippy:

I just gave the DDAs 6g/gallon this morning
I couldn't give mine enough. It started yellowing early and no matter what I did she just kept losing the color on the lowers. Tops were always fine but I could not get those lowers to stop yellowing.

Kentucky will be one of the Last, They got old Mitch to Fuck everything up and the red necks have no clue as to what he is doing or what's going on..... Can you tell I hate that turtle looking MF
The last question sealed it for me. :rofl:

Hey Shed.
Tops were always fine but I could not get those lowers to stop yellowing.
That's pretty much the story of my growing career. I am looking at these organic grows with interest to see if they are any healthier. I'm really tempted to do an organic/MC challenge but with the mail so screwed up I might wait till I see how these grows work out first. My Seedman seeds have been MIA somewhere in the Atlantic for just a few days shy of a month. Luckily I have a little stockpile. :)

Here's a late Tuesday update before I get the the multi-quote section of today's activities.

I thinned out the Power Plant and Chocolope from @Weedseedsexpress, both on day 62:

Power Plant:

Chocolope:

The before pics were posted here yesterday. I know it looks like the PP didn't get the same degree of thinning in the middle, but it's because I left more top growth to see what will fill in during stretch. I'll be flipping these this weekend.

You might remember that I managed to save the Sour G mother plant (Sour Diesel x GG#4 x THC Bomb) from the root issue by soaking the ProMix with H2O2. Now that it's got some green growth on it, it was time to take cuttings to start a new mother plant. I took five so one of these has two in one cup:

Of the six Carnival cuttings I took, two rooted. I guess one will be a mother plant for now (until I see if the harvest is well-liked) and maybe one will be a Big Gulp!

On to the quoting festivities!

Nice update, Shed!
That Candida is just crazy....impressive, to say the least!..
I've obviously been using too much soil when I grow stuff....
Obviously :cheesygrinsmiley: Thanks carcass!
Highya ITS,
Love your update! Very informative and to the point. Nice assortment of misfits!! lol.
The golden tiger is impressive. Some nice free weed!! And the Candida. She doesn't look her age, lol! Happy Smokin'
LOL thanks Bode!
Great update Shed and its so nice to see some green, PP brings back very old memories for me. Looks great!
I didn't remember you growing a Power Plant. How was it?
We love your grow Shed!!
Just trying to show off your genetics. :thanks:
I couldn't give mine enough. It started yellowing early and no matter what I did she just kept losing the color on the lowers. Tops were always fine but I could not get those lowers to stop yellowing.
I've been seeing some Ca deficiencies along with a bit of paleness to the leaves from early on, so 6g/gallon should help both. My last DDA ended up looking like a yellow poinsettia when I harvested it!
Hey Shed... You're taking those cup grows to another level man, awesome!
They'll never look as good as the Berry Bomb you delivered in that cup though :).
Hi Shed! Have you had to do any kind of root pruning in the 232 days??
I have not. It is a solid mass of roots I can't even get a toothpick in to try to core them. I'll grab a pic for you.
Hey Shed. That's pretty much the story of my growing career. I am looking at these organic grows with interest to see if they are any healthier. I'm really tempted to do an organic/MC challenge but with the mail so screwed up I might wait till I see how these grows work out first. My Seedman seeds have been MIA somewhere in the Atlantic for just a few days shy of a month. Luckily I have a little stockpile. :)
I don't worry too much about yellowing lowers except as it telling me to bump the MC strength. And from looking at the thinning job I do before flip, there are few lowers to yellow any more! :goodluck: on the seeds.
Shed and co! That red dragon is insane!!! Glad I haven’t missed the Candida reversing.
Red dragon? Do you mean the Dark Devil Auto or did I miss something?

I'll try to mix up the GA3 tomorrow night (I won't be home all day) and start spraying on Thursday morning. Then I can flip the sprayed Candida on Monday night.

Back
Top Bottom