InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

:reading420magazine:

If it gets that hot then make sure you are using light colored cloth pots (Geopot is a sponsor and makes better ones than the ones I've gotten off Amazon), put some mulch on top (straw will work if it's insect-free), and stay on top of watering. Plants can take the heat but the roots need to stay cooler.
Good advice-I hope to get to use my tan cloth covered ones this summer. My outdoors have been in black up to 110. I temp-gunned them one time, and they were the temp of the outside air, clay was hotter, plastic was insane. I think U might remember that.

Filtered sunlight also helps imo at 100+.

How's Dad shed? Any updates on his residence from the boss?

Hello @InTheShed,
So I ordered some pro mix soil and perilite and some 5 gallon plastic grow bags. Already have some Mc here for nutes, @MrSauga suggest I check out your journal for soil tips.
I guess what I would like to know now is if the pro mix soil needs any Mc from the start of watering? Or does it have some nutes in it where it’s safe to just add water fer a couple o weeks?
I am also thinking of adding more perlite to the mix as I tend to over/under water my plants:rolleyes: got a few years of failed soil experience. Giving it another go now that I am more confident about myself and knowing there’s an entire online community to call on:thumb:

I think U might remember that.
I remember guessing wrong :).
How's Dad shed? Any updates on his residence from the boss?
They are testing all the residents today so I guess I will find out if he's infected or not, assuming they can get him to cooperate! There's no way they are sticking a swab into his sinuses without him punching somebody. :eek:

Maybe it will be a cheek swab or something less invasive.
Loving the fruit punch looker and good morning to ya mr.Shed...... :headbanger:
Thanks Smeegol! :ciao:
thanks so much for the hints, i'll go for the tan fabric pots with some stray on top : )
i've checked on geopot, unfortunately shipping would be more expensive than pots..60 dollars of pots would be 80 of shipping..i'll try to find something similar here.
Yeah, shipping from the states gets expensive. If you can only find black locally you can always wrap them in bulap or something.
pro mix soil and perilite
Which type of ProMix? They make a lot of different types and the advice would be different depending.
5 gallon plastic grow bags.
Plastic or fabric? Bags usually means fabric.
I am also thinking of adding more perlite to the mix as I tend to over/under water my plants:rolleyes: got a few years of failed soil experience. Giving it another go now that I am more confident about myself and knowing there’s an entire online community to call on
Some perlite might be good depending on the type of ProMix, so let us know that first. Some also contain starter nutes as well, so answers might be different.

We're here to help, so I hope you don't mind being peppered with questions. The more info we get the better the answers!

There's no way they are sticking a swab into his sinuses without him punching somebody. :eek:

And fighting out of the red corner, undefeated and weighing in at 12 and a half stones. The best from the west, the master of disaster.... Papaaaaaaaa Sheeeeeedddddddddd!!!

:rofl:

$10 on pops. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I don’t mind the peppering if that means better feed back. Better to know these things now then to deal with mystery problems in the future.
The pro mix is biofungicide plus myco
Plastic grow bags
BF6BD8AA-4245-47C1-BA67-E11FA20DDD0F.jpeg

I should add that I also got some recharge just in case

Huh, I am learning already, neat.
E2EE4925-16F0-4F47-A758-667DB20F5805.jpeg

Yeah seeing them plastic bags put images of drowning rotting roots in my head. XD hence this
7AFA65CF-2D5F-4E93-9EBE-409A6CAA60FB.jpeg

Huh, I am learning already, neat.
Yeah seeing them plastic bags put images of drowning rotting roots in my head. XD hence this
Thanks! That's the good stuff :thumb:

If you're concerned about drainage in the plastic, feel free to add more perlite (rinse it first is what I've always been told, and therefore recommend). The only downside would be that you will need to water more often. Could be a small price for even better drainage.

In terms of nutes and MegaCrop, I start when I see the second set of true leaves, but some start right off the bat. I think 2g/gallon would be a good start. I think @MrSauga starts young as well.

If you’re getting stuff off amazon, grab some fabric pots. Your roots will thank you. I think you may regret those plastic bags. They're cheap for a reason. ;)

Dig back through the big mega crop thread.Many places through there you’ll find farside’s schedule for MC. It’s tailored to promix hp and works a treat. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Can’t remember the first time he posted it in there, but IIRC it was a post number in the mid 100’s, give or take. 130? 160? Somewhere around there.

you’ll find farside’s schedule for MC. It’s tailored to promix hp and works a treat.
farside's schedule is very specific to his grows, and includes additional silica and cal-mag and nitrogen, which may or may not be needed for everyone. He also worked it out for autoflowers and included weekly bumps that don't take how the plant is responding into account if you run photos.

That may work for a lot of people, but I wouldn't promote it as universal.

I do see the need for the addition of silica to what MC provides though.
It baffles me how this is nearly always the case! WIth purchased plant feeding products. Like nearly always!
True, though with most nutes you always need less than they recommend. With MC, the amounts are mostly right but the timing is way too vague.

Back
Top Bottom