InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

TWO "Of the year" awards in one year?! Is that a first for 420? You've set a Gretzky like record...sorry Michael Jordan for you yanks.

In all seriousness you were one of the first members that helped me when I got here and this journal has been super informative. Also pretty impressive you've been running it for like 3 years steady.

Thanks DC! You know I help where I can, and ask for help where I can't. :thumb:

This is definitely a long running journal, but I can't think of a reason to split it. Having it all in one place makes it a lot easier to find references and quote, compared to having to search one after another when I need to link to something that happened or was said here. I'd spend too much time looking for stuff and not enough time posting it!

Thanks DC! You know I help where I can, and ask for help where I can't. :thumb:

This is definitely a long running journal, but I can't think of a reason to split it. Having it all in one place makes it a lot easier to find references and quote, compared to having to search one after another when I need to link to something that happened or was said here. I'd spend too much time looking for stuff and not enough time posting it!
Is that the secret to your random access data capabilities? Just run one, ten year journal?? Congrats on your wins bud... you sent @ProfessorFlora your wife??

...... I guess the other nominees shouldn’t be mad about losing MOTY to you.... feels kind of extreme to me, but to each their own :laugh:

Is that the secret to your random access data capabilities? Just run one, ten year journal?? Congrats on your wins bud...
Thanks Chef! It certainly helps when I'm looking for stuff here. For everything else I rely on my excellent searching skills. :)
you sent @ProfessorFlora your wife??
LOL! Not exactly, but it certainly makes for great banter. :thumb:
...... I guess the other nominees shouldn’t be mad about losing MOTY to you.... feels kind of extreme to me, but to each their own :laugh:
I hope they're not mad! They are a great group of contributors.

While we wait for the next stage in the QWET process and the harvest of the Durban Poison (both next weekend, weather willing), let's get back to this year's plant selection! A bit of a Monday conversational update :).

As you recall, I ran a contest to choose the next two varieties I grow from @Weed Seeds Express, who have generously offered me some seeds. I highly recommend them by the way: great customer service and fast stealthy shipping, and their genetics (which are all over this site) are top notch.

The top vote getters were Sour Diesel, Amnesia Lemon Kush, and Jack Herer. I've decided that Jack Herer is my first choice (my son is really pushing hard for that one), and my second choice will be Chiquita Banana - even though it placed down near the bottom. I have a Super Lemon Haze in my collection already, and my wife isn't particularly fond of fuelly strains. Chiquita has "Giggly, Happy, Relaxed, Social" in the description, and the chance to grow a plant that might smell like bananas is too much to pass up! Sorry to disappoint any voters out there. :( I will be using your votes for future purchases at WSE, so take heart!

I also have a few seeds of my own that I'd like to grow this year, the year of the hybrids! I plan on only growing 6 plants this year: two in the spring, three in the summer, and one in the fall/winter (so it will fit by itself in the 2x4 tent). Since two are decided, that leaves me with four choices. My thoughts are:
Stankberry (Alaskan Thunderfuck - ATF - x Blueberry) reg, Stank Genetics
GG#4 x ATF reg, @NaturalSpirit Genetics
Red Dragon (one seed left after last year's dud) fem, Barney's
Sour G (Sour Diesel x GG#4 x THC Bomb) one seed left...hope it's a female, Rooster Farms

I have other varieties but a lot of them lean indica, so I'm thinking these might make for a good year. As always, your thoughts are welcome!

supposed to be one of the most potent strains in existence.. along with the ghost train haze
Hmm....
Ghost Train is really that strong , huh?
Was looking at that one very recently.

Congrats on all your wins, Shed! I personally think they're well deserved.

And, happy birth month, too!

I beg to differ, Shed.

I'm turning 65 on the 10th. The "geezer" designation doesn't kick in until age 70 (69 for some). :nerd-with-glasses:

Felonious Punk's (my husband) birthday is February 10th as well. He's turning 60. :battingeyelashes:

Thanks MrS. It's my birth month, so I'll accept greetings for 28 days!

Must be a February thing. My sister who has her birthday on the 5th also claims the whole month. Her name is Lora and she designates February as "Lorica". She's sure to remind everyone every day on social media about it too. Drives my wife nuts.

Back
Top Bottom