InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Monday update on the winter grow!

I'm pretty sure the sprouts were listening when I mentioned that I was going to need to keep the plants small to fit in the tent. :)

It's day 5 for the Le Creme CBGs and they are finally starting to look like plants, and Amnesia Lemon Kush still looks the same on day 4 as it did on day 1.

On the plus side, they're alive! Here they are as "the winter grow":

SaugaView®:

And individually, LeC 1:

LeC 2:

ALK:

They get about 7 hours of direct sunlight/day and spend the rest of the time on the heat mat under the 23w 6500K curly CFL bulb.

In other plant news, I transplanted the lime clone from 1 gallon to 5 and put it in ProMix HP because I still have a bag to go through.

And I took off the two lower nodes, scraped the lower inch of stem, swirled them in old Dip'n Grow, and sunk them in a solo cup of ProMix. Here they are:

We'll see!

I hope your weekend went well, and since folks all over this site are getting Covid, that means it's coming back with the cold weather. Stay safe out there!

:peace:
That's an interesting looking cutting, lime tree ?
You stay healthy too Shed.
Place would shut down with out you. :thumb:
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284

folks all over this site are getting Covid,
Damn thing hit me back in the summer, laid up for about a week, then a month later something went nuts with my ears, sharp stabbibg pains for about an hour and then they just hurt and felt like they were all plugged up - have had three different types of antibiotics, seen doctors, hearing tested and now going to an ENT in Dec. It has thrown my balance and thinking off but the hearing has come back a bit but still have the plugged feeling. It's been three months now - don't like it!!! I had a helluva time trying to tell how much choke to give the tractor - couldn't hear it the same and when the cars would go down the highway the tires sounded like they were blowing soapy bubbles!!! I kinda liked that part!!!

On the plus side, they'll be pretty easy to schlep around for awhile...
Sure are! And with the time change it's my wife's turn to bring them in at night since she's home from work 2 hours earlier than I am. Easy lifting. 🏋️‍♀️
I'm a The Voice addict and I caught a song with a lyric in it tonight ... thought y'all would appreciate it.
"You can't buy happiness but you can buy dirt."
Heheh, yeah. Gonna try to remember that one.
Thanks Graytail, and I buy a lot of dirt!

And for anyone who wants to hear it...
You can buy happiness, at a dispensary, but it's cheaper to grow your own.
Cheaper and sometimes more aggravating. ;)
Lot more fun too
Oh yeah, that too. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Did I miss something . i thought you put 4 seeds in the ground ? That ALK already looks like a problem child
I only dropped 3 seeds but I got 3 sprouts, problem child included! On the plus side, it's not dead yet. :thumb:
That's an interesting looking cutting, lime tree ?
Lime tree it is! It was cut by a coworker in the spring of 2021 and she brought it to the office in water for me. Took about a year to root neglected outside but I planted it in a 1 gallon this past spring. I'm hoping it will be ready to take off once the weather gets warm this spring.

I got tons of lemons and satsumas growing, but no limes.
You stay healthy too Shed.
Thanks Bill! I'm the only one still wearing my mask at work. :)
Place would shut down with out you.
You're too kind, thanks!
Damn thing hit me back in the summer, laid up for about a week, then a month later something went nuts with my ears, sharp stabbibg pains for about an hour and then they just hurt and felt like they were all plugged up - have had three different types of antibiotics, seen doctors, hearing tested and now going to an ENT in Dec. It has thrown my balance and thinking off but the hearing has come back a bit but still have the plugged feeling. It's been three months now - don't like it!!! I had a helluva time trying to tell how much choke to give the tractor - couldn't hear it the same and when the cars would go down the highway the tires sounded like they were blowing soapy bubbles!!! I kinda liked that part!!!
Oof! I'm glad you're starting to come out from under that cloud of symptoms. 👂

I remember when my dad started losing his hearing he had trouble knowing when to up-shift! "Dad you're racing the engine again."

The lime looks great Shed. Nice to see she has reached an up-pot. Are you trying to clone from leaves in promix or did I misunderstand? I liked that leaf cloning in river sand method but don't fancy using river sand, the mining of which ravages riparian systems. Sand winning its called. I like the idea of doing it in perlite unless I discover an environmental concern with perlite :laugh: I have a geranium cutting in perlite atm. It worked so well with the lavender.
Your winter babies are cuties and they look like they are doing their thing :)

The lime looks great Shed. Nice to see she has reached an up-pot.
Thanks! The rootball held together pretty well considering that citrus doesn't seem to put out tons of small roots.
Are you trying to clone from leaves in promix or did I misunderstand?
Not the leave, the stems like I would with other plants.
I liked that leaf cloning in river sand method but don't fancy using river sand, the mining of which ravages riparian systems. Sand winning its called. I like the idea of doing it in perlite unless I discover an environmental concern with perlite :laugh: I have a geranium cutting in perlite atm. It worked so well with the lavender.
I tried the leaf cloning last year (as you may recall!) but the only thing that rooted was the regular lavender (not the Ghost version). It's actually still in there!
Your winter babies are cuties and they look like they are doing their thing
They certainly seem to have a mind of their own!
I long for the day when, out of the blue you get “Holy Shit”.
That's kind of what I got on the Trainwreck from the others, but with my wife on a constant dose of CBD I don't think I'll ever get that response from her.

Most of the folks she smokes with are done with three hits of any of my harvests, where my wife has a much higher tolerance.

I like the idea of doing it in perlite unless I discover an environmental concern with perlite
It appears to be a sustainable product with a small carbon footprint

Good morning Shed. Happy hump day!
Morning Mr Otter!
OK # it is Thanks for the clarification , o and the lime looks good too
Thanks sb! Should get limes in a couple of years. :thumb:
It appears to be a sustainable product with a small carbon footprint
Good to know...go perlite!
Morning Shed and crew
Wondering if you are going to eventually graft that lime onto a better root stock or just let it grow with the wild/original roots?
Morning Lerugged! I just let 'em do their thing. All my lemon trees are either from seed or clones from those and they do great here, so I figure a lime clone should do alright as well.

But most citrus, like apples, are grafted onto a different rootstock. For citrus it's for the taste. Find that really good tasting version and graft onto a hardier root stock. I know for apples the rootstock provides for more resistance to rust, mold, low temps, etc. and assume the same for citrus.

But most citrus, like apples, are grafted onto a different rootstock. For citrus it's for the taste. Find that really good tasting version and graft onto a hardier root stock. I know for apples the rootstock provides for more resistance to rust, mold, low temps, etc. and assume the same for citrus.

Grapes too. Onto stocks that are resistant to phylloxera. Just about wiped out all the grapes in the Western Cape and around the world.
How fascinating. This sounds like fun to me.

Thursday proof of life update on the winter grow!

Here are the three plants, with the Le Creme CBG on day 8 and the Amnesia Lemon Kush on (hard to believe) day 7:

And a Saugaview® for each. LeC 1:

LeC 2:

ALK:

The two LeC's have roots showing in the soil but (not surprisingly) nothing yet under the ALK.

They all look happy though, and even the ALK is putting out a second set of true leaves! :slide:

Thanks for the visit. :ciao:

Quotes:
That's as may be, but these are home grown rather than commercial. My satsuma tree is grafted, but we bought that from a nursery. All my lemon trees (currently 9) are descendants of a single tree in the backyard of my first Los Angeles apartment back in 1988.
Grapes too. Onto stocks that are resistant to phylloxera. Just about wiped out all the grapes in the Western Cape and around the world.
Good info, thanks Lerugged!

I can't help but to root for the ALK! Yeah, she's diminutive now but just give her time. She'll show those French show-offs what she's got. :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom