InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

[OMG work is just insane!]

My wife's health is improving a little every day, so that's great news. 🫁

Moving on, let me try to squeeze in a Thursday update before the next office crisis needs to be averted...

Queen G auto 2 still stands leans:

Today is day 108, and 73 days with pistils, and speaking of flowers, here are some trich pics from this morning:

(that is not a fish)

Harvest will be tomorrow or Saturday, time permitting. Also, today was the last day for the QGa2 top (garbage disposal), so let's memorialize it with some pics. Here it was on cut day, Dec. 27, 2023:

And today:

Still working on putting out roots:

That's it from me today. I'm in the process of making coconut oil capsules from the 5 Killer Cookies for the missus, but I'll run down that process when it's complete. I hope all is well with you and that Spring is in the air! :ciao:

Quotes:
I am glad your good wife is home and on the mend.
Thanks Stunger!
Maybe you should look into the @MagicStone Shedster? My 83 year old Mother has Copd and she’s been able to partake in daily Chocolate Thai sessions. With much enthusiasm and dedication to. CL🍀.
Not sure if I'll be adding any more equipment to the already large collection we have, but It's so cool you and your mom can sit around and hit the CT together.
:passitleft:
Lung problems are no joke. Glad she's ok.
Thank you Regrowth!
She'll like that Airvape you have on the way from the MOTY.
I got it a few weeks ago but haven't dug into what it can do. Is it a good flower vape? The previous flower vapes we've had just didn't have the same kick as a pipe or bong so they never got used more than once or twice.
Glad your wife is doing better, Shed! Hoping for a speedy recovery.
Thanks Grateful!
A friend of mine who has COPD uses a Volcano successfully. I find I get a tight chest when I use the dry herb vape and I don't if I smoke my pipe. Go figure.
One person's medicine is another person's poison. :)
It's nice to have you back here with us.
:battingeyelashes:
thanks for the update good to hear she is home and getting better Take care of her , I know you will ! !
I'm doing my best sb, truly I am. And she appreciates it as well, which makes it much easier to do!
Glad your wife is on the mend Shed.
Thank you Boo!

[OMG work is just insane!]

My wife's health is improving a little every day, so that's great news. 🫁

Moving on, let me try to squeeze in a Thursday update before the next office crisis needs to be averted...

Queen G auto 2 still stands leans:

Today is day 108, and 73 days with pistils, and speaking of flowers, here are some trich pics from this morning:

(that is not a fish)

Harvest will be tomorrow or Saturday, time permitting. Also, today was the last day for the QGa2 top (garbage disposal), so let's memorialize it with some pics. Here it was on cut day, Dec. 27, 2023:

And today:

Still working on putting out roots:

That's it from me today. I'm in the process of making coconut oil capsules from the 5 Killer Cookies for the missus, but I'll run down that process when it's complete. I hope all is well with you and that Spring is in the air! :ciao:

Quotes:

Thanks Stunger!

Not sure if I'll be adding any more equipment to the already large collection we have, but It's so cool you and your mom can sit around and hit the CT together.
:passitleft:

Thank you Regrowth!

I got it a few weeks ago but haven't dug into what it can do. Is it a good flower vape? The previous flower vapes we've had just didn't have the same kick as a pipe or bong so they never got used more than once or twice.

Thanks Grateful!

One person's medicine is another person's poison. :)

:battingeyelashes:

I'm doing my best sb, truly I am. And she appreciates it as well, which makes it much easier to do!

Thank you Boo!
the QG2 has some nice weight to it but looks like a quick trim trich shot does look like some deep sea creature lol, glad the wifes getting better

It's hard to compare a dry herb vape to a pipe or bong because a bowl in the vape can take > 5 minutes to finish.
You can still catch a nice buzz but at least in terms of how you consume, the ritual changes a bit.
I got one for review and I spent a few months using it nearly exclusively.
It's different... can be a bit tedious keeping up with the maintenance.
I'd recommend the dosing capsules as they keep the vape cleaner.

I meant to say the other day how carts get labelled as vapes but I'm certain that a lot of them are still combustion and produce smoke instead of vapor. I'm not sure that health wise they're any better than smoking. And then like you mentioned I guess carrier oils can carry unknown side effects. Also wanted to say that I've dealt with PM a little and even after bud washing the bud would give me a deep bronchitis like cough. Chalk that up to maybe not doing a decent job with the wash but worth looking into.

Glad she’s on the mend and Chef de Shed on the case!

L has a slight flare up of her asthma again today. A few days after trim so don’t think it’s related. Sucks when she’s trying to explain what hurts, apparently she knows “lungs” in Thai but not in English. Perhaps it’s just in solidarity with Mrs Shed!

Hope both are better by this evening or my Staycation plans with & Co are cancelled 😞 and you’ll have to cook your own supper!

Shed, is that still PM I see in the QG2 trich shots?

You've been treating it for quite a while. Did you ever stop?

I'm confused.

I thought extended treatments will eventually kill PM. Am I wrong?

Rarely say this about newer products-
I love my @Airvape I use it religiously now. There’s barely any maintenance or else we wouldn’t get along. It’s totally superior to other dry herb vapes.
Airvape + Queen G = Amazing.
Once you dial in your temp, it really maximizes terps and tastes, wastes nothing. Great high with minimal cough.
Pack it full of flower, pack it full of leaves and shiiite off the counter lol it likes both.

Hey Shedster..... sorry to hear about your wifey buddy! I hope everything goes on the upswing for y'all!! Happy Friday buddy! Good vibes to you. 😎✌️

I love my @Airvape I use it religiously now. There’s barely any maintenance or else we wouldn’t get along. It’s totally superior to other dry herb vapes.
Once you dial in your temp, it really maximizes terps and tastes, wastes nothing. Great high with minimal cough.
Pack it full of flower, pack it full of leaves and shiiite off the counter lol it likes both.
Its very good - best feature is just how quick it heats up. My other one because it has convection and conduction can take way longer.but its not a straight swap out for you bong hitters out there, I’m a cheap date with weed so just about does it for me but the @Airvape table top ones better for those like a bigger bang.
WOW looked it up and $269 Jumped in my face !! a little hi for my blood . Shed good to hear a little better every day and work sucks when it gets in the way of more important things , Hang in there
They have loads of promos and discounts, follow their thread in the sponsor’s section and they’ll let you know! Think there’s always an @420 code available.

Overall though - yah no interest in joints or bongs. I’m 99% vape with some gummies thrown in. Ok maybe more than 1% gummies but they taste so good!

Nick

Just a late Sunday night reply to the quotes below and to let you know that other than feeling a bit heavy-legged (side effect of the prednisone she's weaning off), my wife feels fully recovered! She took our dog out for one of her regular hikes and had no trouble with her lungs at all. Thanks again for all your kind words (which I do pass along to her and she gets a kick out knowing you care :) ).

Also, I took down the Queen G auto 2 this afternoon, but that's for Monday. In the meantime:
the QG2 has some nice weight to it but looks like a quick trim trich shot does look like some deep sea creature lol, glad the wifes getting better
Thank you con! Should I enter that pic in PhOTM next month? :hmmmm:
It's hard to compare a dry herb vape to a pipe or bong because a bowl in the vape can take > 5 minutes to finish.
You can still catch a nice buzz but at least in terms of how you consume, the ritual changes a bit.
I got one for review and I spent a few months using it nearly exclusively.
It's different... can be a bit tedious keeping up with the maintenance.
I'd recommend the dosing capsules as they keep the vape cleaner.
I agree that if you're used to the speed (and big bowl) of a bong, the flower vape thing can take some getting used to. Even the Cipher (which she was starting to carry around before the asthma attack) has a little bowl and incomplete combustion if you don't keep fiddling with it.
I meant to say the other day how carts get labelled as vapes but I'm certain that a lot of them are still combustion and produce smoke instead of vapor. I'm not sure that health wise they're any better than smoking. And then like you mentioned I guess carrier oils can carry unknown side effects. Also wanted to say that I've dealt with PM a little and even after bud washing the bud would give me a deep bronchitis like cough. Chalk that up to maybe not doing a decent job with the wash but worth looking into.
I'm sure she'll never use a vape cart again, and thanks for the heads-up with the PM cough! I'm going to let these cure for a while and have some folks with better lungs give them a quick test. I know that heat kills the spores, so once they're cured I could stick them in the oven at 160º and know that no spores survived.
Glad she’s on the mend and Chef de Shed on the case!
Chef de Shed can pick up from some our finest local restaurants!
L has a slight flare up of her asthma again today. A few days after trim so don’t think it’s related. Sucks when she’s trying to explain what hurts, apparently she knows “lungs” in Thai but not in English. Perhaps it’s just in solidarity with Mrs Shed!
Oof I hope that left as quickly as it showed up.
Hope both are better by this evening or my Staycation plans with & Co are cancelled and you’ll have to cook your own supper!
I'm sure your staycation went off without a hitch, and my wife is back to her old "what do you want for dinner" cooking mode. 😋
Shed, is that still PM I see in the QG2 trich shots?
Yes.
You've been treating it for quite a while. Did you ever stop?
No.
I'm confused. I thought extended treatments will eventually kill PM. Am I wrong?
They kill what's there but don't prevent new spores from taking hold (and don't eliminate the white stuff left behind). I get new PM show up about once a week on the Candidas in another part of the house, and those get neem oil for that. Luckily they're still in veg, but when I start the seed making process is when I get concerned. I can't spray the pollen sacs or pistils with anything. :nervous-guy:
Great review, thanks Justin! If she goes back to smoking my wife will give it a go. Otherwise the kids will take it out for a spin.
WOW looked it up and $269 Jumped in my face !! a little hi for my blood . Shed good to hear a little better every day and work sucks when it gets in the way of more important things , Hang in there
Thanks sb, and the money is definitely not there for that kind of device. If I didn't win it I wouldn't own it, which is true for almost everything I've won!
Hey Shedster..... sorry to hear about your wifey buddy! I hope everything goes on the upswing for y'all!! Happy Friday buddy! Good vibes to you.
Good vibes received and implemented...thanks Scottay!
Sorry to hear about the Mrs . Sending good health vibes.
I appreciate the thoughts, and it worked. :thumb:
That's a Chunky auto you have there. Nice trichomes too. Have a winning day.
Thanks Lerugged! It had some heft on it with only 8 colas, so I'll be curious how the weight comes in after it dries. ⚖️

Just a late Sunday night reply to the quotes below and to let you know that other than feeling a bit heavy-legged (side effect of the prednisone she's weaning off), my wife feels fully recovered! She took our dog out for one of her regular hikes and had no trouble with her lungs at all. Thanks again for all your kind words (which I do pass along to her and she gets a kick out knowing you care :) ).

Also, I took down the Queen G auto 2 this afternoon, but that's for Monday. In the meantime:

Thank you con! Should I enter that pic in PhOTM next month? :hmmmm:

I agree that if you're used to the speed (and big bowl) of a bong, the flower vape thing can take some getting used to. Even the Cipher (which she was starting to carry around before the asthma attack) has a little bowl and incomplete combustion if you don't keep fiddling with it.

I'm sure she'll never use a vape cart again, and thanks for the heads-up with the PM cough! I'm going to let these cure for a while and have some folks with better lungs give them a quick test. I know that heat kills the spores, so once they're cured I could stick them in the oven at 160º and know that no spores survived.

Chef de Shed can pick up from some out finest local restaurants!

Oof I hope that left as quickly as it showed up.

I'm sure your staycation went off without a hitch, and my wife is back to her old "what do you want for dinner" cooking mode. 😋

Yes.

No.

They kill what's there but don't prevent new spores from taking hold (and don't eliminate the white stuff left behind). I get new PM about one a week on the Candidas in another part of the house, and those get neem oil for that. Luckily they're still in vegs, but when I start the seed making process is when I get concerned. I can't spray the pollen sacs or pistils with anything. :nervous-guy:

Great review, thanks Justin! If she goes back to smoking I'll make my wife gives it a go. Otherwise the kids will take it out for a spin.

Thanks sb, and the money is definitely not there for that kind of device. If I didn't win it I wouldn't own it, which is true for almost everything I've won!

Good vibes received and implemented...thanks Scottay!

I appreciate the thoughts and it worked. :thumb:

Thanks Lerugged! It had some heft on it with only 8 colas, so I'll be curious how the weight comes in after it dries. ⚖️
Shed with Shedesque sense of hunour I reckon is closely correlated to Mrs Shed’s well being

❤️

EDIT - Yeah L much better, honestly? The house build next door had half a ton of cement bags delivered last week and she’s migrated to her sister’s bedroom which no floor standing air filter. Filter moved to that room. The Staycation was ridiculous, but ai’m alive and both me and & Co happy. Can’t ask for more, right?

Shed with Shedesque sense of hunour I reckon is closely correlated to Mrs Shed’s well being ❤️
It's hard to think clearly when I'm clouded with concern, and I'm sure the same holds true for most of us. ☀️
EDIT - Yeah L much better, honestly? The house build next door had half a ton of cement bags delivered last week and she’s migrated to her sister’s bedroom which no floor standing air filter. Filter moved to that room. The Staycation was ridiculous, but ai’m alive and both me and & Co happy. Can’t ask for more, right?
Edit: Hot damn that cement dust is a killer! It probably mixes with the moisture in your lungs and solidifies. Good call on the filter move. Phewf!

It's hard to think clearly when I'm clouded with concern, and I'm sure the same holds true for most of us. ☀️

Edit: Hot damn that cement dust is a killer! It probably mixes with the moisture in your lungs and solidifies. Good call on the filter move. Phewf!
Yeah buddy. Its not always the things we realise are gonna concern us though! Your wife and kids or my wife and kids - yup! For me its easier when they are more atypical concerns because they’re common, playbooks for them.

For me - I stay away because my concern can manifest its self in useless, pointless shout at the world stuff. Doesn't help them or me.

Its spotting the one’s sneak up on ya thet really bother me!

Seems like you went off, sorted your Missus was A-OK in hospital (I’ve been the one saying “Get an ambulance now” and then end up driving them myself anyway too!) and then got 5* takeaway delivered to gorge on while she wasn’t around to tick you off.

Good job!

I'm glad your wife is feeling better.
Even the Cipher (which she was starting to carry around before the asthma attack) has a little bowl and incomplete combustion if you don't keep fiddling with it.
Hmm.
I was getting uneven heating of the bud with my first dhv, and it turned out I was overpacking it.
When I lightened up on how much I put in there, and lightly tamped it down it worked much better.
Full heating, better airflow, and I got higher. Could that be happening with the Cipher?

Good morning Mr. Shed we don't know each other well yet but i wanted to wish you and your wife best wishes and continued recovery. May i say this as i thought of you beings your name is "Shed" there is a place called " The Shed " in Eugene, Oregon here comes the kicker...........it's on High Street LOL actual street in Eugene LOL Blessings to you and your wife, great news she's walking your dogs :)

I'm glad your wife is feeling better.
Thanks Mel!
Hmm.
I was getting uneven heating of the bud with my first dhv, and it turned out I was overpacking it.
When I lightened up on how much I put in there, and lightly tamped it down it worked much better.
Full heating, better airflow, and I got higher. Could that be happening with the Cipher?
Could be. It's got an actual plasma flame at the base of the flower container so the difficulty came in finding the balance between having to refill it every 3 hits and not getting much of a hit at all. Even the Perfect Pipe was too much of a learning curve for my impatient family members. :rolleyes:
Good morning Mr. Shed we don't know each other well yet but i wanted to wish you and your wife best wishes and continued recovery. May i say this as i thought of you beings your name is "Shed" there is a place called " The Shed " in Eugene, Oregon here comes the kicker...........it's on High Street LOL actual street in Eugene LOL Blessings to you and your wife, great news she's walking your dogs
Hey Greengoodness and :welcome: to my perpetual grow journal! Thanks for the wishes for my wife, and interestingly enough, I know about 7 or 8 kids who go to U of O up in Eugene. :) I'll see if I can get one of them to take a pic of The Shed on High St and send it to me. If they do I'll be sure to tag you when I post it!

Back
Top Bottom