InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Sorry to hear your wife is in the hospital but thank goodness, you got her there without a lot of traffic.

I hope she continues to improve and comes back home to you soon. :hug:

Glad to hear Mrs. Shed is on the mend, I hope things get
back to normal for you two real soon..

Wow Shed, I'm glad it sounds like everything is OK, that is quite the scare. My thoughts are with you and your family, take care.

Shed do not worry about not being here take care of your better half she will be in my prayers.
Thinking good thoughts for Mrs. and I’m glad she’s already improving. What a scare! Take care of you too, my friend.
Glad the wife is getting better must of been quite the scare you must be relieved a bit
It is good to hear the other half is doing better. That must have been some scary shit. 🍋
Sorry to hear your wife is in the hospital but thank goodness, you got her there without a lot of traffic.
I hope she continues to improve and comes back home to you soon.
What a scare…glad everything went well…hope she gets well soon
Best wishes for your Mrs. Shedster. Sending healing vibes westward my brother. CL🍀
Glad to hear Mrs. Shed is on the mend, I hope things get back to normal for you two real soon..
:circle-of-love: Mrs. Shed
Oh wow, that's scary. Glad to hear your wife is OK and continues to improve.
Wishing the best for Mrs. Shed.
Wow Shed, I'm glad it sounds like everything is OK, that is quite the scare. My thoughts are with you and your family, take care.
Thanks to you all for your care and concern and kind thoughts! They released her home on Sunday afternoon but she is still struggling to breathe after something as simple as walking to the bathroom. Still, the doctor said you can't expect a quick recovery after needing to be in the ICU. Hope springs eternal!

Good luck on your chop but it is no big thing if you do not get to it. 🍋
No chop yet, but some serious leaning going on now so that means it's still bulking up.
What a scare! What was the explanation from the pulmonologist as to why vape is out and flower is acceptable?
I've been wondering about mycotoxins in powdery mildew in general because I am seeing quite a lot of it in a few grows.
Hope your wife is safe home soon!
It turns out it was actually the respiratory technician that said that, along with the standard "this is what the doctors won't say" disclaimer. I believe it was related to the oils and thinners they add to vape cartridges. I don't know if that means live resin carts are okay or not, but I have no idea what she'll feel comfortable doing in terms of inhaling cannabis going forward.

I will be making capsules for her though so she can still get high. Not edibles though...too much work!

And thanks for that link on the PM. I have a lot of research to do still.
For what it's worth, my wife had a similar attack about 6 years ago. She was driving out of an garage and could barely breathe when she reached to exit. Thankfully, garage workers called an ambulance and she was taken care of in a manner similar to your wife. She spent a day in the ICU and then another few in a regular hospital room.

The good news, she's had no major episodes since. She spent a few years after the attack relying on an inhaler for minor episodes. But over time, there has been no further need for even the inhaler. It's like she no longer has Asthma, though she still does.

It's the reason I can never own another dog. Turns out she was an Asthma trigger for my wife.
Oh thanks GDB and good to hear she got to the quick-thinking garage workers. My wife went 30+ years without her asthma doing this, so it was like she didn't have asthma either, I hope we go another 30 years before it happens again because I'll be 96 and doubt I'll know what's going on anyway. :)
Aww that’s horrid mate. Last year those nights of L being in hospital for asthma were just awful - I know that pain, the blue dyed ventalin in the mask.
With L , her half brother and sister had asthma issues when they were very young but grew out of it (as L seems to have done) but it coincided with us trimming a load of our own weed and then 20kg for my farmer mate. They mentioned it might return in later life. Any chance of that being a trigger? Recent harvest plus rare full indoor grow, winter time so potentially less doors/windows open?
Glad she sounds like she’s on the mend. Missed ya but really not too much
I'm so glad your daughter came through that with nothing more than a crappy memory of being in hospital, but it's interesting that it ties time-wise to all the harvesting and trimming. The only things on the tested list that my wife is allergic to are cats and (to a lesser extent) dogs. It turns out all of the other things they test for were negative (hard to figure out those results it turns out). None of the three molds they test for turned up (alternaria alternata, aspergillus fumigatus, or cladosporium herbarum), for what that's worth.

For the record, our dog stays. :love:
So sorry to hear of your wife's trouble!! When one can't breathe, nothing else matters!! I'm glad it's sorted out now. I know being older, trips to the hospital become more frequent. I had to take Julie on friday per Doc's orders. They diagnosed her with colitis. Always something! It's good that she can still smoke the buds!! Much thanks to all the hospital warriors in our time of need!!
Thanks Bode, and I hope Julie's colitis can be easily managed with something as simple as diet. :goodluck:
Damn Shed what a way to spend the Night ,good to hear Mrs. Shed is doing better ! Mole spores ?? I had something like that happen to me years ago I think it was dust in the Ole house !?! Look forward to hearing she is HOME and the seed making can start .
Oof on the dust at the old house...glad you got out of there with your lungs intact!

No seedmaking yet but I'm sure the Queen G auto 2 will be coming down this weekend, so I'll be flipping the flowering one as soon as I clean the tent.

I hope the STS spray is still good since it was out of the fridge for 3 days when it broke... :nervous-guy:
That happened to me years ago Shed! The culprit was a BP med called Lisinopril! Bad juju that one! It started with a dry cough, then over time asthma and bronchitis stints. Since ending it, all systems have returned to 100% good! Lots of folks are with no problems. If you start a cough that doesn't go away, question that! I almost died from not being able to get a breath!
Dayum Otter, how awful! I'm glad you got that sorted out. Thanks for the heads-up on that terrible side effect!
She vaped nicotine too?
No, just cannabis. She smoked cigarettes from about 11 to her mid-20s when we met and I asked her to quit. Now she will take drags on other peoples cigarettes in social situations, but I'm sure those days are over now too.
One man's allergy is another man's cure. There is no one size fits all in medicine x
:thumb:
I will remember that. I am not getting any younger. 🍋
Ain't that the truth!

Thanks to you all for your care and concern and kind thoughts! They released her home on Sunday afternoon but she is still struggling to breathe after something as simple as walking to the bathroom. Still, the doctor said you can't expect a quick recovery after needing to be in the ICU. Hope springs eternal!

No chop yet, but some serious leaning going on now so that means it's still bulking up.

It turns out it was actually the respiratory technician that said that, along with the standard "this is what the doctors won't say" disclaimer. I believe it was related to the oils and thinners they add to vape cartridges. I don't know if that means live resin carts are okay or not, but I have no idea what she'll feel comfortable doing in terms of inhaling cannabis going forward.

I will be making capsules for her though so she can still get high. Not edibles though...too much work!

And thanks for that link on the PM. I have a lot of research to do still.

Oh thanks GDB and good to hear she got to the quick-thinking garage workers. My wife went 30+ years without her asthma doing this, so it was like she didn't have asthma either, I hope we go another 30 years before it happens again because I'll be 96 and doubt I'll know what's going on anyway. :)

I'm so glad your daughter came through that with nothing more than a crappy memory of being in hospital, but it's interesting that it ties time-wise to all the harvesting and trimming. The only things on the tested list that my wife is allergic to are cats and (to a lesser extent) dogs. It turns out all of the other things they test for were negative (hard to figure out those results it turns out). None of the three molds they test for turned up (alternaria alternata, aspergillus fumigatus, or cladosporium herbarum), for what that's worth.

Thanks Bode, and I hope Julie's colitis can be easily managed with something as simple as diet. :goodluck:

Oof on the dust at the old house...glad you got out of there with your lungs intact!

No seedmaking yet but I'm sure the Queen G auto 2 will be coming down this weekend, so I'll be flipping the flowering one as soon as I clean the tent.

I hope the STS spray is still good since it was out of the fridge for 3 days when it broke... :nervous-guy:

Dayum Otter, how awful! I'm glad you got that sorted out. Thanks for the heads-up on that terrible side effect!

No, just cannabis. She smoked cigarettes from about 11 to her mid-20s when we met and I asked her to quit. Now she will take drags on other peoples cigarettes in social situations, but I'm sure those days are over now too.

:thumb:

Ain't that the truth!
Maybe you should look into the @MagicStone Shedster? My 83 year old Mother has Copd and she’s been able to partake in daily Chocolate Thai sessions. With much enthusiasm and dedication to. CL🍀. :hookah::ciao:

I have no idea what she'll feel comfortable doing in terms of inhaling cannabis going forward.
A friend of mine who has COPD uses a Volcano successfully. I find I get a tight chest when I use the dry herb vape and I don't if I smoke my pipe. Go figure.
:love:

It's nice to have you back here with us.

Back
Top Bottom