InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Top of the page update for the Monday harvest report! Yesterday was the end of the line for the winter autoflower indoor grow with the chop of the Queen G auto 2. It was 112 days above ground and 76 days with pistils, and I'm glad I waited another week because either the stems got weak or the colas got much heavier!

Bones:

I trained this as an 8-cola plant with zero larf and no inner growth whatsoever, which made washing and trimming a breeze.

Speaking of washing, I did a bunch of testing of potassium bicarbonate to deal with the powdery mildew (which I'll do a complete post on another day), and ended up washing in a 0.3% solution (0.3g/100ml tap water). After about 10 seconds of dunking I immediately did a plain water rinse:

It's in a pitcher just wide enough for the flowers so I didn't have to measure and mix up a bucket-full.

We did a somewhat detailed trim around all the foxtails, and I pulled most of the buds apart for airflow because they were pretty tightly packed. Here it is hanging in the box:

I want to say
:thanks:
to @Justin Goody for the beans, and I wish the grow had gone 100x better to show off what his crosses can do. I'm sure there will be others here who will maximize the genetics and come in with picture perfect plants!

I've been taking pics while I've been offline so I've got a backlog of things to go through, but none of them time-critical so I'll spread them out now that flowering and harvests are done. Thanks for stopping by. :Namaste:

Top of the page update for the Monday harvest report! Yesterday was the end of the line for the winter autoflower indoor grow with the chop of the Queen G auto 2. It was 112 days above ground and 76 days with pistils, and I'm glad I waited another week because either the stems got weak or the colas got much heavier!

Bones:

I trained this as an 8-cola plant with zero larf and no inner growth whatsoever, which made washing and trimming a breeze.

Speaking of washing, I did a bunch of testing of potassium bicarbonate to deal with the powdery mildew (which I'll do a complete post on another day), and ended up washing in a 0.3% solution (0.3g/100ml tap water). After about 10 seconds of dunking I immediately did a plain water rinse:

It's in a pitcher just wide enough for the flowers so I didn't have to measure and mix up a bucket-full.

We did a somewhat detailed trim around all the foxtails, and I pulled most of the buds apart for airflow because they were pretty tightly packed. Here it is hanging in the box:

I want to say
to @Justin Goody for the beans, and I wish the grow had gone 100x better to show off what his crosses can do. I'm sure there will be others here who will maximize the genetics and come in with picture perfect plants!

I've been taking pics while I've been offline so I've got a backlog of things to go through, but none of them time-critical so I'll spread them out now that flowering and harvests are done. Thanks for stoppin , was a good grow to watch besides the PM issues but Justin Goody bread a hardy strain if your first QG was 5 oz & this one probably more by the looks of it
Congrats on the last auto chop Shed, was nice to see you grow a auto, to bad about the PM issues but they turned out nice 5 oz of the last one this one looks heavier hope you can do somethine with it either way a nice grow, Justin Goody did a nice job breeding this strain just to bad about the PM but i bet your happy to finsh & on to the summer projects

That was a fun grow to watch and learn. Thanks Shed. 🍋
Thanks Keith! I hope you learned what not to do with an indoor grow. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Congrats on the last auto chop Shed, was nice to see you grow a auto, to bad about the PM issues but they turned out nice 5 oz of the last one this one looks heavier hope you can do somethine with it either way a nice grow, Justin Goody did a nice job breeding this strain just to bad about the PM but i bet your happy to finsh & on to the summer projects
Thank you con, and I figure I should leave the auto growing to you and the other folks who do it much better than I do. :)

Next up is the Candida seed-making which will start tonight when I flip the first one to get the pistils going. Then a few days later I'll do the pre-flip STS spray on the intended male and hope the STS is still working after being out of the fridge a few weeks back. Assuming it all goes to plan, seeds will be ready toward the end of May, at which point I'll be about a month into the summer grow of the Cap Junky and the Seedsman Purple Ghost Candy comparative! 🤞

...a couple shots of a Cap Junky that a friend just harvested...

...heading back north manana, and gonna miss the view...

View media item 2679881

...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...🌴🌴
Woah! That Cap Junky seems to be a thing! Been looking about for some but no luck yet.

And from someone who has experience with a good beach sunset - that one is exceptional!

and I'm glad I waited another week
Not 10 days?! 😂

I thought it was the rule!

Cool harvest and yeah like you, for now, I’m leaving the autos to the pros!

Nick

Congratulations on the harvest Shed, and all the best for the Cap Junky and Purple Ghost Candy grows. Now let's see some Candida action
Thank you Carmen! I just went back through my Sour G STS regimen and it looks like I did two sprays 3 days apart and then flipped the "male" one first, so that will be the first of the action, starting tomorrow morning. For some reason I thought I flipped the flowering one first. :hmmmm:
...a couple shots of a Cap Junky that a friend just harvested...
:drool: CJ goals!
...heading back north manana, and gonna miss the view...
...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...🌴🌴
Beautiful views but I'm sure it will be pretty nice up in the Great White North any day now. :)
Not 10 days?! I thought it was the rule!
I'd have to go back and see when I first mentioned taking it down...mighta been 10 days after all!
Cool harvest and yeah like you, for now, I’m leaving the autos to the pros!
Absobloominlutely.

Congrats on another picture lovely harvest Shed! A shame about the PM issues along the way but hopefully it leads to some solutions in time.

I am glad your wife is feeling much better and she is home again, that'll give a nice boost to you and the family after the stress and concern. All the best!

I am coming into a harvest time - that grow is in a place crazy hard to control the Rh

PM and more general mould - the grey one? Really hard to control when you grow in a tent outdoors on a tropical island.

So I'm experimenting with some serious grade UVC lights. Shed knows this - I have been covering it a little in one my
too many journals - probs with Jon.

Some commercial farmers use them (please don't confuse with UV A and B that are becoming more common in commercial grow lights - C is different)

PM is interesting. So it has a defense against UVC during day. We don't get much UVC during the day, or skin cancer would be a bigger thing than it already is and I think - the sky wouldn't be blue. Its got game UVC

But the PM stuff switches off its UVC defense when it's dark - which is when I'm zapping it.

These lights aren't expensive but they are dangerous to your Skin&Eyes

They're designed to be used in a closed box. Exactly the kinda thing Shed's latest harvest are hanging in - well maybe less cardboard but same theory.

So gonna test in that same situation if I can and report back any one is interested.

Oh sorry edit - UVC lighting organic or not? Serious question!

Nick

Happy first day of spring, and welcome back to 12/12! :thumb:

Congrats on another picture lovely harvest Shed! A shame about the PM issues along the way but hopefully it leads to some solutions in time.
Thanks Stunger! I'm going to try the 0.3% potassium bicarbonate (potassbic? potbic? needs an abbreviation for sure!) on one of the Candidas not being used for seedmaking and see what happens.
I am glad your wife is feeling much better and she is home again, that'll give a nice boost to you and the family after the stress and concern. All the best!
Thank you kindly.
Don't be to hard on yourself shed , it turned out to a beaut of a plant , lovely take care dude & peace to all
That's very nice of you to say ThirdUncle, thanks!
But the PM stuff switches off its UVC defense when it's dark - which is when I'm zapping it.
It's cool that you can take something you learned in this thread and be able to incorporate it into your grow so quickly.
These lights aren't expensive but they are dangerous to your Skin&Eyes
Gotta keep those sensors sharp!
So gonna test in that same situation if I can and report back any one is interested.
Please do, I'm sure someone will be interested. :laugh:
Oh sorry edit - UVC lighting organic or not? Serious question!
Seriously? How are you defining organic? Most folks use it to explain how the plants get their nutrients, but if it is going to possibly exclude artificial lighting, no indoor grow is "organic." :cheesygrinsmiley:

Here's a quickie update with this morning's news.

On the Candida seed-making project, my old STS had gone brown, either from age (almost 2-years since I mixed it) or from being on the counter for three days when the fridge broke. So this morning I took what was left from the bottles of A and B (about 75ml each) and mixed them with 150ml of distilled water to make a 50/50 STS blend in a spray bottle, with a bit of yucca powder added as a surfactant. I cut a paper plate to the center to cover the soil (STS and roots shouldn't mix) and sprayed the whole plant that's designated for maleness:

Next spray will be Saturday, and then I'll flip it Saturday night in the tent.

If anyone is interested in more details on the whole STS-making process, I'd start with this thread:

...followed by my modifications (primarily going 50/50 rather than 90/10) as outlined in this post here. Also, I make half the amount since it goes a long way if you're not constantly making S1 seeds.

Feel free to ask questions on it as well, either now or as I go along.

Also this morning, it was time to jar the Queen G auto that was harvested back on Feb 27th, so here's that:

I've got the potassium bicarbonate test to go through as well as the oil-capsule making, so don't travel too far!

Quote:
Good to hear Shed and Wife are doing much Better ! Not a bad looking harvest bud looks good in the box , I knw ur happy to be done with it Thanks for going for it and giving it another try !
Thank you sb, and I am kinda happy to see the back of that PM-covered, crispy-leafed grow. Now if I can keep the PM off the Candidas (and the STS works) I'll be a happy camper!

I’m so glad Mrs. is feeling back to normal again! :party:

Congrats on your latest harvest. It looked like a dream harvest with only big, heavy colas to attend to. :high-five:

Good luck with the Candida project, you know what a big fan I am for that show! :popcorn:

Thank you Carmen! I just went back through my Sour G STS regimen and it looks like I did two sprays 3 days apart and then flipped the "male" one first, so that will be the first of the action, starting tomorrow morning. For some reason I thought I flipped the flowering one first. :hmmmm:

:drool: CJ goals!

Beautiful views but I'm sure it will be pretty nice up in the Great White North any day now. :)

I'd have to go back and see when I first mentioned taking it down...mighta been 10 days after all!

Absobloominlutely.
U holdin out on me?? sour g pics please....

I’m so glad Mrs. is feeling back to normal again!
Me too! Thanks double H. :)
Congrats on your latest harvest. It looked like a dream harvest with only big, heavy colas to attend to.
It was soooo easy! I'm really hoping they come out of the box at 62% so I don't have to wait two and a half weeks to weigh them. ⚖️
Good luck with the Candida project, you know what a big fan I am for that show!
Fingers crossed!
U holdin out on me?? sour g pics please....
LOL here you go Mark! Been a couple of years though:
https://www.420magazine.com/community/search/2512479/?q=sour&t=xfmg_media&c[users]=InTheShed&o=date

Here's a quickie update with this morning's news.

On the Candida seed-making project, my old STS had gone brown, either from age (almost 2-years since I mixed it) or from being on the counter for three days when the fridge broke. So this morning I took what was left from the bottles of A and B (about 75ml each) and mixed them with 150ml of distilled water to make a 50/50 STS blend in a spray bottle, with a bit of yucca powder added as a surfactant. I cut a paper plate to the center to cover the soil (STS and roots shouldn't mix) and sprayed the whole plant that's designated for maleness:

Next spray will be Saturday, and then I'll flip it Saturday night in the tent.

If anyone is interested in more details on the whole STS-making process, I'd start with this thread:

...followed by my modifications (primarily going 50/50 rather than 90/10) as outlined in this post here. Also, I make half the amount since it goes a long way if you're not constantly making S1 seeds.

Feel free to ask questions on it as well, either now or as I go along.

Also this morning, it was time to jar the Queen G auto that was harvested back on Feb 27th, so here's that:

I've got the potassium bicarbonate test to go through as well as the oil-capsule making, so don't travel too far!

Quote:

Thank you sb, and I am kinda happy to see the back of that PM-covered, crispy-leafed grow. Now if I can keep the PM off the Candidas (and the STS works) I'll be a happy camper!
Thanks for that.

I’m also about to do the STS thing @York Genetics ”Danny” who has a great journal here for a bit of “different” as a breeding specific journal wraps his STS brown coloured bittles in tin foil. Reckons you can never be too careful with it in terms of light damage.

So if I read correctly you’re doing STS T-Minus 5 Days Flip?

I ask because I’ve read 5 days before flip and the night before - no one seems set on which is better.

And let’s face it, anyone knows me knows I’ll be doing it even as the timer is being changed to 12/12 by the Sparky 🤣

My SpideySense tells me - I reckon 5 days is best - but never I’ve done before.

Back
Top Bottom