InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

You're funny, I'll go months.
LOL thanks for the last bump Sparkey! And here is the Monday update:

The plants aren't looking too happy and the Queen G auto (day 78) has gone completely yellow. All I did was miss a watering day due to the rain we've been having (ran out of nutes), and 2 days later it looked like this:

That's even worse than the previously yellowing Ruby Tuesday auto (day 81):

And while we're doing closeups first, the Queen G auto 2 (day 70):

Here's the SaugaView®:

and from the front:

Oof is all I have to say on these, and my apologies to Justin for making them look like shite! :sorry:

Since the RTa is definitely slowing down the drinking, I took some trich shots (it's about 53 days since pistils), but the only amber I can spot is on the sugar leaves:

The stuff that looks like snow on the bottom left is PM:

Anyway, as grateful as I am to Justin for the genetics, I'm definitely over this tent-growing thing. :(

Thanks all for stopping by, and to those who voted for me in the MOTY contest, I am eternally grateful. It's my last one (as I stated here) so it's extra special.

:peace:

The plants aren't looking too happy and the Queen G auto (day 78) has gone completely yellow. All I did was miss a watering day due to the rain we've been having (ran out of nutes), and 2 days later it looked like this:

Here's the SaugaView®:

and from the front:

Oof is all I have to say on these, and my apologies to Justin for making them look like shite! :sorry:

Since the RTa is definitely slowing down the drinking, I took some trich shots (it's about 53 days since pistils), but the only amber I can spot is on the sugar leaves:

Anyway, as grateful as I am to Justin for the genetics, I'm definitely over this tent-growing thing. :(

Thanks all for stopping by, and to those who voted for me in the MOTY contest, I am eternally grateful. It's my last one (as I stated here) so it's extra special to have won it.

dispite the yellowing they do look good & getting close to chop :thumb:

Around day# 45 of flower is where I'm losing them too. Do you see it as K-def?

Shed, congratulations on MOTY again! I can understand you not wanting to win any more, especially with some people throwing shade. To me it shows your dedication to this site and all it's members that you've won this award so many times over so many years. Thank you for all your help personally and as a member of the 420 community :green_heart:

Here's the SaugaView®:

and from the front:

Thanks all for stopping by, and to those who voted for me in the MOTY contest, I am eternally grateful. It's my last one (as I stated here) so it's extra special.

Ehhh they will make for great contrasting color photos! They sometimes skid across the finish line but it’s still gonna be fine.
I think I mentioned to you I left for a few days, decided to drought mine and came back to a plant that was 50% dry on the stem 😂 the leaves weren’t yellow they were dead. I should have looked closer at humidity. Still tastes good! Maybe leans a bit Sativa from the trichomes not being ready but whatever.
Thanks for doing something that wasn’t your norm, growing autos in tents is my favorite but I can see why you generally avoid it.

dispite the yellowing they do look good & getting close to chop
Thanks con, but you must be wearing blue sunglasses! :)
Around day# 45 of flower is where I'm losing them too. Do you see it as K-def?
I don't as I think I'm giving them the same as my 5 Killer Cookies and Grandpa's Moonshine got in flower (can't find the formula at the moment), and the QGa yellow happened in 48 hours. The RTa yellow came too early for it to be a K def, though Justin mentioned that one had a tendency to go yellow under the high DLI I'm running.

I have had another plant lose almost all its leaves after drying out too much (an AK-47 years ago), so it just might be some sensitivity to that. Also, it's in a 5 gallon pot which might be too small for it. I'll know when I do the rootopsy after harvest.

In the meantime I'll check Amazon for some of con's blue sunglasses and shoot through those!
Shed, congratulations on MOTY again! I can understand you not wanting to win any more, especially with some people throwing shade. To me it shows your dedication to this site and all it's members that you've won this award so many times over so many years. Thank you for all your help personally and as a member of the 420 community
Thank you LKA, I really appreciate that! I won't be changing what I do on the site, but spreading the votes that I get to other nominees seemed like a good way to mix it up next year.
Ehhh they will make for great contrasting color photos!
:laugh:
They sometimes skid across the finish line but it’s still gonna be fine.
Probably (but for the PM), though it would be nice if I could get them to look 20% as good as VG's versions of your crosses!
I think I mentioned to you I left for a few days, decided to drought mine and came back to a plant that was 50% dry on the stem 😂 the leaves weren’t yellow they were dead. I should have looked closer at humidity. Still tastes good! Maybe leans a bit Sativa from the trichomes not being ready but whatever.
The QGa's do have a sativa leaning look about the flowers, but the still-clear trichs on the RTa make it look like at least another week (10 days). That would put it around 60 days since pistils if it will keep drinking.
Thanks for doing something that wasn’t your norm, growing autos in tents is my favorite but I can see why you generally avoid it.
No, thank you for hand-delivering ( :cheesygrinsmiley: ) these beans to me for a bit of winter tent action. I'm really not set up for inside growing since all my mixing of nutes and sprays (and storage) is done outside. Having them inside 24 hours a day is really awkward for me. I never even managed to get drip trays and racks under them. I probably could have when there were just two, but with three there's no room so they just suck the runoff back up. That's one of the reasons I flushed them a couple of weeks ago.

I can see the leaves are looking a bit less than lush green but at this end stage of flowering the buds look great. I wonder if they would be much different if they were all looking cosmetically great, but I'm assuming that there wouldn't be a lot of difference to the end jarred quality.

I'm oofing with you Shed, not so much due to the yellowing leaves (You know I'm used to those. 🙂 ) but because of the stubborn PM.

I look forward to your strong, schlepping comeback in the near future (with a photoperiod)!

How bad is the rain where you are? What I'm seeing on the news looks horrific, but they probably pick the absolute worst areas to highlight.

I can see the leaves are looking a bit less than lush green but at this end stage of flowering the buds look great. I wonder if they would be much different if they were all looking cosmetically great, but I'm assuming that there wouldn't be a lot of difference to the end jarred quality.
That's an interesting question that's come up before: do plants that stay healthy until harvest show an increase in weight/cannabinoids/terpenes compared to ones with yellowing leaves and possible deficiencies/toxicities (ones not classified as natural "fade" like GDB's current pair, or Mel's)? You would think that the healthier the leaves the more photosynthesis they can do and the better the plant would be at producing the sugars needed to drive the flowers.

We have already seen the research that droughting causes an increase in cannabinoid content, but Caplan didn't mention whether his plants looked like crap after the recovery watering. :)
I'm oofing with you Shed, not so much due to the yellowing leaves (You know I'm used to those. ) but because of the stubborn PM.
Thank you GDB! The PM in the tent is more pernicious than what I see outside.

And I did find this interesting video on research going on into PM and UV light at Cornell:
I look forward to your strong, schlepping comeback in the near future (with a photoperiod)!
Me too!
How bad is the rain where you are? What I'm seeing on the news looks horrific, but they probably pick the absolute worst areas to highlight.
Thanks for asking! It's not awful where I live or work, it's just constant and sometimes really heavy. I haven't seen any damage (other than my neighbor who was up on his roof with a tarp during a break on Saturday...poor sod). I drove to work on the 405 (which I never do because of traffic), but I guess some folks stayed home because of the flash flood warnings our phones kept pinging with last night and this morning. It was a breeze if you don't mind freeway driving in downpours. ☔

I'd just like a morning pause to mix nutes at this point. :rolleyes:

And I did find this interesting video on research going on into PM and UV light at Cornell:
I wonder if that could translate into using a black light during lights-out for us tent growers? 🧐

I hope it's not the same as a black light...I spent many hours in front of those in the early 70s! :hippy:
Black lights are a form of UV lights.

Black lights are a form of UV lights.
I did not know that :thanks: , but it must be a very low level to come without warning labels and safety goggles, so I'm not sure if it's strong enough to kill PM.

I have no idea how to compare the output of a black light to this study:
"...a dose of UV-C (7.2 J m–2) applied every night or a higher dose (70 J m–2) applied every fourth night were both effective for eliminating powdery mildew without significantly reducing leaf area."
Source

Though I have to say that rolling UV light hood that Cornell showed at the very end of their video looked really cool!

UVC is almost entirely filtered out of sunlight by our atmosphere/ozone layer, and it's a really good thing that it is!
It's really bad for living organisms, and is sometimes used for sterilization because it kills all sorts of single called organisms, but it damages DNA, and IIRC causes cancer.
It's dose dependent of course, but it definitely isn't produced by black lights.
I'm pretty sure those are UVA.

UVC is almost entirely filtered out of sunlight by our atmosphere/ozone layer, and it's a really good thing that it is!
It's really bad for living organisms, and is sometimes used for sterilization because it kills all sorts of single called organisms, but it damages DNA, and IIRC causes cancer.
It's dose dependent of course, but it definitely isn't produced by black lights.
I'm pretty sure those are UVA.
Thanks Mel! Neither the Cornell video (nor the article on it here) mentions the specific type of UV light they tested, but the key to its effectiveness seemed to be to use it at night, when PM's resistance to UV is low.

They do seem to be using commercially manufactured florescent tubes though.

Thanks Mel! Neither the Cornell video (nor the article on it here) mentions the specific type of UV light they tested, but the key to its effectiveness seemed to be to use it at night, when PM's resistance to UV is low.

They do seem to be using commercially manufactured florescent tubes though.
It's used for various applications like sterilizing water, so they do make sources for it.
I know someone who worked for a company that manufactured them. There was also a plan to make a doorway system to sterilize customers entering businesses during covid down in the states somewhere.
I do know that that plan raised some eyebrows among experts.

It's used for various applications like sterilizing water, so they do make sources for it.
I know someone who worked for a company that manufactured them. There was also a plan to make a doorway system to sterilize customers entering businesses during covid down in the states somewhere.
I do know that that plan raised some eyebrows among experts.
I hope they were going to hand out eye protection first! I have trouble seeing for a minute if I glance up at the light while working on the plants, and I recall Nick had a spot for days from looking one of his auxiliary grow lights.

I think the plats look good despite the yellowing Shed!! Congrats on the MOTY. You're a solid cat!! It's been good sharing these halls with you buddy!! 😎✌️

Back
Top Bottom