InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I glanced at a (mere) 200w floodlight, the kind of thing designed to go on the wall of your house. 6000k cold white light. Hurt like a hurty thing and lasted for 10 days at least.

Excuse me but I’m busy looking for blacklights, UVC lights and someone mentioned Fleshlights in another thread. Not sure I’ve found the right thing yet though?

I glanced at a (mere) 200w floodlight, the kind of thing designed to go on the wall of your house. 6000k cold white light. Hurt like a hurty thing and lasted for 10 days at least.

Excuse me but I’m busy looking for blacklights, UVC lights and someone mentioned Fleshlights in another thread. Not sure I’ve found the right thing yet though?
The Fleshlights are likely on a different part of the website.

Or an entirely different website altogether. 🤔

LOL thanks for the last bump Sparkey! And here is the Monday update:

The plants aren't looking too happy and the Queen G auto (day 78) has gone completely yellow. All I did was miss a watering day due to the rain we've been having (ran out of nutes), and 2 days later it looked like this:

That's even worse than the previously yellowing Ruby Tuesday auto (day 81):

And while we're doing closeups first, the Queen G auto 2 (day 70):

Here's the SaugaView®:

and from the front:

Oof is all I have to say on these, and my apologies to Justin for making them look like shite! :sorry:

Since the RTa is definitely slowing down the drinking, I took some trich shots (it's about 53 days since pistils), but the only amber I can spot is on the sugar leaves:

The stuff that looks like snow on the bottom left is PM:

Anyway, as grateful as I am to Justin for the genetics, I'm definitely over this tent-growing thing. :(

Thanks all for stopping by, and to those who voted for me in the MOTY contest, I am eternally grateful. It's my last one (as I stated here) so it's extra special.

:peace:
Really, really nice girls ! :bravo: Well Done! :headbanger:

for making them look like shite!
If you hold yourself to such high standards it means you have to hold the rest of us to those same high standards no? I'd go easier on myself if I were you. I agree with what GDB says, it's the pm that is an issue not so much the yellowing, and nowt you can do about that that you aren't already doing. Shit happens, you're giving yourself way too much credit for it :)

LOL thanks for the last bump Sparkey! And here is the Monday update:

The plants aren't looking too happy and the Queen G auto (day 78) has gone completely yellow. All I did was miss a watering day due to the rain we've been having (ran out of nutes), and 2 days later it looked like this:

That's even worse than the previously yellowing Ruby Tuesday auto (day 81):

And while we're doing closeups first, the Queen G auto 2 (day 70):

Here's the SaugaView®:

and from the front:

Oof is all I have to say on these, and my apologies to Justin for making them look like shite! :sorry:

Since the RTa is definitely slowing down the drinking, I took some trich shots (it's about 53 days since pistils), but the only amber I can spot is on the sugar leaves:

The stuff that looks like snow on the bottom left is PM:

Anyway, as grateful as I am to Justin for the genetics, I'm definitely over this tent-growing thing. :(

Thanks all for stopping by, and to those who voted for me in the MOTY contest, I am eternally grateful. It's my last one (as I stated here) so it's extra special.

:peace:
Hey.
There is this really great thread about trichomes floating around here somewhere. Mayhaps you could post those snowy looking ones?
I think they are very pretty.

Screw yellow leaves and PM! Buds are what matters,eh?

Spray your tent walls down with vinegar when you are done with this grow?
Probably (but for the PM), though it would be nice if I could get them to look 20% as good as VG's versions of your crosses!
You flatter my humble ass...

I just wish my jeans would a little more. 😉

Glad to hear that you avoided the really nasty weather. 💕

I think the plats look good despite the yellowing Shed!! Congrats on the MOTY. You're a solid cat!! It's been good sharing these halls with you buddy!!
Thanks Scottay!
Mad dogs and Englishmen shouldn't look at the 200w floodlights, or some saying like that.

I'm glad your eyeballs finally healed or your sensors would be down 50%!
Really, really nice girls ! Well Done!
Thanks RKPH. :)
If you hold yourself to such high standards it means you have to hold the rest of us to those same high standards no? I'd go easier on myself if I were you. I agree with what GDB says, it's the pm that is an issue not so much the yellowing, and nowt you can do about that that you aren't already doing. Shit happens, you're giving yourself way too much credit for it
I don't hold anyone to high standards actually, even me. I know that all of us are going to run into trouble in grows and it's one of the reasons we're here...to get help and support when plants go sideways. I'm no exception there!

I'm sure that over a few grows I could better sort out tent growing (and maybe autos in there), but it's really not something that fits me. If I decide to grow something in the tent next winter it will probably be one photo rather than three autos.
:ciao:
Hey.
There is this really great thread about trichomes floating around here somewhere. Mayhaps you could post those snowy looking ones?
I think they are very pretty.
Hey.
I don't think my trichome pics are worthy of a thread dedicated to trichome pics, but if someone wants to learn what PM looks like through a scope I'll be glad to drop those there.
Screw yellow leaves and PM! Buds are what matters,eh?
Indeed, but even the sugars are going yellow on the QGa.
Spray your tent walls down with vinegar when you are done with this grow?
I usually spray the tent with 409. Think that'll work?
You flatter my humble ass...
I just wish my jeans would a little more.
The humbler the better. :thumb:
Glad to hear that you avoided the really nasty weather.
Me too! My office building had no power today so that's the worst I got. ;)

Hey Shed,

I’ve been searching for your grams per day number for your last harvest but can’t find it with grams/day which is your normal writing of it. I can find you calling me “my good man” while extolling the virtues of it.

What I’m really looking for is confirmation that you take the total days, inclusive of veg for your metric?

Be interested to see too how you did in this summer past “I did know what you did last summer” because I remember you were saying it was your best/close on grow for 5KC or Grandpa’s or whichever?

Outdoor/schelp v. indoor 5x5 single plant - you’ll slay me per plant average and likely me on total so it is comparing penguines with Trabants but hey, its easy enough to add to my spreadsheet CarmenSheet

If I may beg of you…

Nick

I can see the leaves are looking a bit less than lush green but at this end stage of flowering the buds look great. I wonder if they would be much different if they were all looking cosmetically great, but I'm assuming that there wouldn't be a lot of difference to the end jarred quality.
it probably helps with sugar and terpine production through photosynthesis if all the leaves stay on and are green even in late stage flower but I don't really know but it seems like a good educated guess

it probably helps with sugar and terpine production through photosynthesis if all the leaves stay on and are green even in late stage flower but I don't really know but it seems like a good educated guess
I don't know the answer SOG, and what you say does seem like a good educated guess.

But what if losing leaves stresses the plant? How does she react? 🧐

Yellowing should be normal at End Of Life.

1707589404443.png

Many of us look at trichs for "doneness" You know maybe 10% clear 80% cloudy 10% Amber. The plant tells its time differently. The calyxes get pointy, it stalls on creating another layer of buds or might stop drinking. It seems like, actually I've been told as soon as these signs appear that's it the immune system of the plant is done, your risk of mould, PM or pests increases ten fold. Forget the trichs and harvest. The plant is dying so whatever you want from the trichs is at your own risk. Harvest. That was from a guy hands on in my tent who's grown more weed in the last thirty years than probably all of us put together. His favourite word for clipping me upside my head!

Senescence - the uptick in usage correlates closely to weed growing!

Nick

I don't know the answer SOG, and what you say does seem like a good educated guess.

But what if losing leaves stresses the plant? How does she react? 🧐
🤔🤔 That's a mind bender!!!🤯🤯 I better step back and burn one on that dilemma! Ill get back to you 🤣🤣🤣😁

WOW those plant went sideways fast / I think that's weird to say the least // well it want be much longer and outside growing can continue . I didn't think you were in the southern part of Cali. but goo to know your OK ! All my UV lights where black and that was cool with the rolling mildew killer . 🛀
Thanks sb. The rains are gone and we're back to nice SoCal winter weather: nights in the 40s and days in the low 60s. I'll take it!

Oh yeah, and the Ruby Tuesday auto died in the pot and I took it down yesterday. Pics later today.
Yeah I concur with VG, cos the buds look great!
Thanks Stunger, but I'm getting sick of looking at them. ;)
Hey Shed,

I’ve been searching for your grams per day number for your last harvest but can’t find it with grams/day which is your normal writing of it. I can find you calling me “my good man” while extolling the virtues of it.

What I’m really looking for is confirmation that you take the total days, inclusive of veg for your metric?

Be interested to see too how you did in this summer past “I did know what you did last summer” because I remember you were saying it was your best/close on grow for 5KC or Grandpa’s or whichever?

Outdoor/schelp v. indoor 5x5 single plant - you’ll slay me per plant average and likely me on total so it is comparing penguines with Trabants but hey, its easy enough to add to my spreadsheet CarmenSheet

If I may beg of you…

Nick
No begging needed my good man!

I measure grams/day as I was taught to by @Van Stank, which is from day 1 above ground. That allows veg time to be part of the process so it's not only a reflection of how they do in flower.

It's most useful for folks who have a grams/day medical need and want to focus on growing the ones that will produce the highest per total day growing. Of course it also works for those selling into a hungry market!

My 5 Killer Cookies g/day is here:
And it works out works out to an incredible 4.05g/day above ground, which is really crazy!
But that's well over my normal good numbers of about 2+/day. Grandpa's Moonshine came in at 2.5g/day and would have been higher had it not been for the 30 days of stall moving it from the SIP to the cloth pot.
That was the way I was leaning as well. Thanks sog!
But what if losing leaves stresses the plant? How does she react?
Damn good question GDB! The stress of drought increases both harvest weight and cannabinoid content, but it's done on otherwise healthy plants, so I'm not sure whether stress has the same effect on unhealthy ones.
Yellowing should be normal at End Of Life.

Many of us look at trichs for "doneness" You know maybe 10% clear 80% cloudy 10% Amber. The plant tells its time differently. The calyxes get pointy, it stalls on creating another layer of buds or might stop drinking. It seems like, actually I've been told as soon as these signs appear that's it the immune system of the plant is done, your risk of mould, PM or pests increases ten fold. Forget the trichs and harvest. The plant is dying so whatever you want from the trichs is at your own risk. Harvest. That was from a guy hands on in my tent who's grown more weed in the last thirty years than probably all of us put together. His favourite word for clipping me upside my head!

Senescence - the uptick in usage correlates closely to weed growing!

Nick
There's senescence and there's early demise. I've got the latter and GDB has the former on Copy and Paste.
That's a mind bender!! I better step back and burn one on that dilemma! Ill get back to you
We'll be here!

Rather than bumping 4x on my own I'll just drop the Saturday Ruby Tuesday auto harvest update here and sort it out later!

I chopped the RTa on day 85 (about 57 days from pistils) because on Wednesday it was basically dead in the pot. No clue what happened to it but it looked like this when I had time to chop it yesterday:

Not a single living leaf, sugar or otherwise, anywhere on the plant. I cut down the branches and washed them in plain water in the kitchen sink. Since all the foliage was dead it felt like soggy old lettuce rather than what I'm used to when cutting down live plants, and that made me concerned.

Anyway, here are the bones:

After I washed them I pulled the dead fans off and hung the branches to dry with a huge fan on them. About 3 hours later they were ready to trim.

They look a lot better trimmed up and hanging in the box, that's for sure!

A bud came off during trimming, so I scoped the trichomes to see how far off they were:

Still a lot of clear and no amber, so had it survived it could have used another 10 days, but it was not to be.

Again, I have no idea what happened to it (don't spray with the lights on?), but I can't say the Queen G auto looks much better. At least that is still drinking, where the RTa was not.

Speaking of the QGa's, here's what's left in the tent...

Queen G auto, day 83:

You can see how bleached even the calyxes are, but at least they're trichomey!

And the QGa2 (day 75):

I was definitely not the best person to show off Justin's genetics. :rolleyes:

That's it from me. I hope your weekend is going well and your Super Bowl Sunday is chiefly great! :ciao:

full

I just figured out how to reply to a specific photo! I commented on the photo directly but want to say this in your thread, the harvest looks good, Shed. There's sparkle and the texture looks right. There are some decent buds there. How much do you think it will weigh dry? Will the cure redistribute the moisture in all the right ways?

EDIT - still not the right way to reference the photo. How do you quote a photo so that it collapses with an arrow to expand it?

Rather than bumping 4x on my own I'll just drop the Saturday Ruby Tuesday auto harvest update here and sort it out later!

I chopped the RTa on day 85 (about 57 days from pistils) because on Wednesday it was basically dead in the pot. No clue what happened to it but it looked like this when I had time to chop it yesterday:

Not a single living leaf, sugar or otherwise, anywhere on the plant. I cut down the branches and washed them in plain water in the kitchen sink. Since all the foliage was dead it felt like soggy old lettuce rather than what I'm used to when cutting down live plants, and that made me concerned.

Anyway, here are the bones:

After I washed them I pulled the dead fans off and hung the branches to dry with a huge fan on them. About 3 hours later they were ready to trim.

They look a lot better trimmed up and hanging in the box, that's for sure!

A bud came off during trimming, so I scoped the trichomes to see how far off they were:

Still a lot of clear and no amber, so had it survived it could have used another 10 days, but it was not to be.

Again, I have no idea what happened to it (don't spray with the lights on?), but I can't say the Queen G auto looks much better. At least that is still drinking, where the RTa was not.

Speaking of the QGa's, here's what's left in the tent...

Queen G auto, day 83:

You can see how bleached even the calyxes are, but at least they're trichomey!

And the QGa2 (day 75):

I was definitely not the best person to show off Justin's genetics. :rolleyes:

That's it from me. I hope your weekend is going well and your Super Bowl Sunday is chiefly great! :ciao:
strange how the one just died, nice looking bud though did you get rid of the PM? congrates on the harvest :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom