InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Sounds like a cool loupe!
Will that work if I don’t have a macro lens?
I have a Nikon D3500 with the two kit lenses.
Yes, it should. Just use the telephoto kit lens. Get as close as you can get at the highest zoom while still being in focus. snap the pic, then zoom in to see the trichomes.

edit: I know it will work, I did it with my canon t1i, same as the d3500 but canon

I tape a cheap plastic loupe to my phone for my pics. Then put them on the computer and zoom in on a real screen.

IMG_94194.jpg

I tape a cheap plastic loupe to my phone for my pics. Then put them on the computer and zoom in on a real screen.

IMG_94194.jpg
This is the third time in my brain I can recall going, that's the way to do it, and keep forgetting to buy one of those loupes. I'm gonna tape the one I own to my phone and see if I can see anything. lol

$9.50 at B&H
The worst part is I’ve read your thread in your sig a couple times and I’m still struggling.

While we’re on the subject, could I get some opinions on ripeness?

Without a $9.50 loupe? No :).

Does your phone or camera have a macro setting? Shoot as close as possible at the highest res available and see if you can make out the trichomes. It's tough based on pistils alone because foxtails will keep pushing out white pistils even when the trichs are going amber.
Yeah I’ll see if UA’s suggestion works. Otherwise, I’m buying a loupe and some duct tape

Yeah I haven't bought one because I have an expensive camera and lens to do it. I remember telling myself that now lol. "You paid for all that camera gear, you can use it to check the trichomes." Might even have been part of the initial justification I used to talk myself into spending that kind of money on a camera and lenses.

So I taped my loupe to my phone. It actually works fine. Awkward to tape to the phone but. Easy enough. The result is a better than without taping it to the phone that's for sure. Took a close up of the wildflowers on a pack of seeds.

Yeah I haven't bought one because I have an expensive camera and lens to do it. I remember telling myself that now lol. "You paid for all that camera gear, you can use it to check the trichomes." Might even have been part of the initial justification I used to talk myself into spending that kind of money on a camera and lenses.

So I taped my loupe to my phone. It actually works fine. Awkward to tape to the phone but. Easy enough. The result is a better than without taping it to the phone that's for sure. Took a close up of the wildflowers on a pack of seeds.
Haha! That reminds me, I started reading your photography thread but got distracted. I have to read every post cause of all the great info. I’ll get caught up one day lol

I just want to drop this bit of info here:

I started de-doming the Bedroom Cookies cuttings last night, just 20 minutes. Did another 20 this morning, and I'm on the third set of 20 now. So far so good! I'll seal them up for the night but maybe leave them cracked for the day tomorrow and see how they do.
Cool man! You’re gonna like the buds the BC puts out. Hard as rocks

I just want to drop this bit of info here:

I started de-doming the Bedroom Cookies cuttings last night, just 20 minutes. Did another 20 this morning, and I'm on the third set of 20 now. So far so good! I'll seal them up for the night but maybe leave them cracked for the day tomorrow and see how they do.

I potted 24 cuttings 2 days ago without domes on top and they fine although lagged a bit I won't lie, will try domes on next time.....

Wednesday update and we had a windstorm last night as well! Luckily the plants were all inside and none of the outdoor ones got damaged. Just a lot of detritus for my son to clean up this weekend :).

I thought today would be a good time to take a tour through the entire grow operation, so let's start with the plants in flower. Here are the Candidas and the AK-47, which is tentatively scheduled to come down on Saturday:

Moving on to the vegging plants, here are (left to right) the next AK-47, the Peyote Critical top that lost a branch to a dropped phone, and the Bedroom Cookies 2.2:

The outside two get flipped when the Candidas come down, the PC in the middle will probably be part of the summer grow, unless it gets big enough to flip with the other two in June.

Here are the next generation of vegging plants to keep the genes alive. Left to right are AK, AK, Sour G, and the Candida top:

And last are the most recent rooted clones. Back row left to right are PC, PC, Candida, Candida. Front row are Sour G, Candida, Candida, Candida:

I'm hoping to bring these all down to San Diego (except for one Candida) and come back empty handed!

That concludes the dime tour (I know @SweetSue only charges a nickel for her tours but I live in a high rent area), and I hope you enjoyed it :cool:.

In other news, the Candida cuttings taken during the pre-flip strip did not root in a cup of water. Out they went this morning.

:peace:

Yip looking healthy as a mofo, next gen is looking like they are raring to go. Don't know why it threw me to 2nd to last page.

I used a 30x jewellers loop and just held it over my phone lens. You guys started talking about cameras though. Think I’m going to break out the wife’s cannon 7D with the macro lens just for fun. That should get some cool pics.

I potted 24 cuttings 2 days ago without domes on top and they fine although lagged a bit I won't lie, will try domes on next time.....

Survival of the fittest. I didn’t use humidity domes and I think the humidity in the room was super low like 30rh. I didn’t have 100% success rate but most of them have taken off and look very healthy. I just 45 them slice a half centimetre down the stem and shave some of the stem off the outside. Stick in cloning gel then jam into pro mix hp pre soaked with thrive alive b1 red which is sea kelp I believe. Works pretty damn good especially since I treated them like garbage. I find they like the abuse.

Good (Saturday) morning all :smokin: I agree with Penny. I still see clear, but not as many as before, plenty cloudy and some amber coming on the sugarleaves. It’s in the early part of the window by my take - i’m still learning tho and there’s a lot of preference involved ;) I might see it differently if I’d grown it and consumed it before :)

How’s this huge stalk head in the first pic tho!? :eek: ... or maybe it’s a droplet of water :hmmmm:
0BBCDFF4-4679-4828-8E3F-715C3297A04A.jpeg

Anyone care for some Blue Dream? :passitleft:
Yes please!:passitleft:Thank you.

Yes please!:passitleft:Thank you.
Hehe - hi otter. I’m back with some White Widow this time... :passitleft:

Morning Shed :ciao: and all :ganjamon:

break out the wife’s cannon 7D with the macro lens just for fun. That should get some cool pics.
Do it! :thumb: I see lots of things in photos with the good camera that my naked eyes dont see. So apart from the sheer fun of it, it’s a brilliantly useful accessory.

Back
Top Bottom