InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

They should issue everyone a medical card when they get their medicare at 65. It's good for old folks.

:blunt:

I did. It's all so experimental at this stage, but it looks promising for the future. I don't think it will reverse my dad's condition, but we may find out what it would mean if it were tried much earlier.

The woman with Huntington's Disease (another degenerative brain disorder) that I make gummies for is supposedly having success with 2.5mg THC 2x daily. I don't know her personally to see the difference, they are passed on through a mutual aquaintance, but I hear it lessens her symptoms.

They should issue everyone a medical card when they get their medicare at 65. It's good for old folks.
We'll get there!
The woman with Huntington's Disease (another degenerative brain disorder) that I make gummies for is supposedly having success with 2.5mg THC 2x daily. I don't know her personally to see the difference, they are passed on through a mutual aquaintance, but I hear it lessens her symptoms.
Interesting. It obviously has benefits to the brain. And despite being a teenage stoner my son got accepted to four CSU's. :)

On another topic, many of you know that my 95-year-old father lives in an assisted living place and has pretty severe dementia, in that he doesn't remember anything past or present other than his name and most of the lyrics to songs from his childhood through his 20s. He even makes up words now when you talk to him.

He does retain his lovely personality. Unfortunately, he usually thinks that someone who needs to help him shower or change him is trying to kill him, which makes him fight back. This isn't a good situation for him or the caregivers, though they carry on with their jobs and love him just the same.

For a long time I made him capsules, and later chocolate chip canna-cookies because he forgot how to take pills. They were about 2.25mg each of THC and CBD. They didn't seem to make any difference, but I kept making them because he loves chocolate anyway.

I stopped making them late last summer when he ran out while I was out of town and couldn't get him more, and by the time I was back, no one noticed any difference in his behavior on or off them. It seemed I could safely stop.

A few weeks ago, I had a care plan meeting with the senior staff at his place and I brought up cannabis. They were still open to it, and I thought I would try straight THC this time. So I made the cookies 3mg THC each (AK-47 this time rather than Blueberry), but got no reports of improvement in his mood or agitation during physical assistance.

I decided to go to 4mg each and see if that would be better, but rather than wait for a new batch of butter, I made 1/3 fewer cookies with the rest of the first batch, which made the cookies roughly 4mg THC each. I didn't tell the staff, I just dropped off a batch of slightly larger cookies.

And the report I got from the caregiver that showers him was a good one. Usually he hits and spits when he gets a shower, and it's a MMA match to the end. Tuesday night my father complained about it but was not physical at all. I also heard from the Resident Care Director that they are finding he has more good days than bad days lately. :thumb:

He also was in a very good mood last night when I saw him. 4mg/cookie seems to be the sweet spot with the AK-47 for him!

Glad it seems to be working, Shed. We're lucky to be in a legal state.

My mother was diagnosed with AD over a year ago. That first test she scored mild cognitive decline and later scored very near mild dementia. We began giving her CBD from CW and a few month later her score was barely at the normal range but by god it was in the normal range. She was very delusional and agitated and both have calmed down significantly.

Alabama is trying to see if they can pass perhaps the worst medical marijuana bill of them all now, but progress there on this subject is progress.

Alabamas trying to see if they can pass perhaps the worst medical marijuana bill of them all now, but progress there on this subject is progress.

Any progress at all here in the South/Bible Belt would be a welcome sight.

You grew up in San Dimas? Or is that San Dimas Canada and "football" is really soccer? Or is football in Canada American football since you have the CFL?

San Dimas High School Football rules

This journal is moving too fast for The Baron. I almost had to do a rinse/reset of it but was reading about the effects of you medicating your elderly Father.

You are living the next stage of life I am mentally preparing myself for.

On another topic, many of you know that my 95-year-old father lives in an assisted living place and has pretty severe dementia, in that he doesn't remember anything past or present other than his name and most of the lyrics to songs from his childhood through his 20s. He even makes up words now when you talk to him.

He does retain his lovely personality. Unfortunately, he usually thinks that someone who needs to help him shower or change him is trying to kill him, which makes him fight back. This isn't a good situation for him or the caregivers, though they carry on with their jobs and love him just the same.

For a long time I made him capsules, and later chocolate chip canna-cookies because he forgot how to take pills. They were about 2.25mg each of THC and CBD. They didn't seem to make any difference, but I kept making them because he loves chocolate anyway.

I stopped making them late last summer when he ran out while I was out of town and couldn't get him more, and by the time I was back, no one noticed any difference in his behavior on or off them. It seemed I could safely stop.

A few weeks ago, I had a care plan meeting with the senior staff at his place and I brought up cannabis. They were still open to it, and I thought I would try straight THC this time. So I made the cookies 3mg THC each (AK-47 this time rather than Blueberry), but got no reports of improvement in his mood or agitation during physical assistance.

I decided to go to 4mg each and see if that would be better, but rather than wait for a new batch of butter, I made 1/3 fewer cookies with the rest of the first batch, which made the cookies roughly 4mg THC each. I didn't tell the staff, I just dropped off a batch of slightly larger cookies.

And the report I got from the caregiver that showers him was a good one. Usually he hits and spits when he gets a shower, and it's a MMA match to the end. Tuesday night my father complained about it but was not physical at all. I also heard from the Resident Care Director that they are finding he has more good days than bad days lately. :thumb:

He also was in a very good mood last night when I saw him. 4mg/cookie seems to be the sweet spot with the AK-47 for him!
THC AND DEMENTIA = a better day! The agitation dementia brings got quashed for a co-workers mom in very much the same way your dad is responding. Somehow it allows them to see things calmly for a while. One half gummy can make a big difference in how a day goes for both the patient and caregivers. Or cookie in your case. Good work to go up on the dose.

What? The PSK1 male could surprise me because you had a female that turned out to be male? Surprise me means turning out to be a female, no?

Meaning it looked male for a bit, then threw a pistil and was really female.

Way late for this thread and not even going to attempt reading nearly 1000 pages, but here now and will follow along :)
Hay Celt How is it going. I have to tell you this thread moves FAST. but it is worth keeping up on, They have A lot of fun here talking about a little bit of everything and have a tone of fun doing it. Welcome to 420mag. This is the Best forum on the net Loads of Great growers on here as you have probably seen but more then that people here are friends and in some cases Great relationships were formed. You will not find a better place to be then here on 420mag :welcome:

THC AND DEMENTIA = a better day!

Reuptake is a required aspect of neurological activity which regulates the amount of neurotransmitters present in a synapse after the transmission of a neural signal. Neurotransmission occurs by transporting information across neurons by an electrical impulse called an action potential. When an action potential reaches the synapse between two neurons, the pre-synaptic neuron releases neurotransmitters to transport the chemical signal across the synapse by binding to receptors on the post-synaptic neuron. Reuptake is achieved by transporter proteins which reabsorb the extracellular neurotransmitter back into the pre-synaptic neuron for reuse. Reuptake can determine the extent, duration, and spatial domain of receptor activation

20200214_115839.jpg

Reuptake is a required aspect of neurological activity which regulates the amount of neurotransmitters present in a synapse after the transmission of a neural signal. Neurotransmission occurs by transporting information across neurons by an electrical impulse called an action potential. When an action potential reaches the synapse between two neurons, the pre-synaptic neuron releases neurotransmitters to transport the chemical signal across the synapse by binding to receptors on the post-synaptic neuron. Reuptake is achieved by transporter proteins which reabsorb the extracellular neurotransmitter back into the pre-synaptic neuron for reuse. Reuptake can determine the extent, duration, and spatial domain of receptor activation

Thanks Big Juice, so you think uptake is the issue being overcome somehow by the cannabis for people with dementia ?

Back
Top Bottom