InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Highya ITS,
PSK1 looks like Female, and PSK2 looks Male to me.
Love sourdough bread. I tried making the starter one time, and couldn't keep it going. Kept forgetting about it. Have you ever been to Schlotsky's? They have great sandwiches, and a tasty dourdough. Not strong, just good, lol. Cheers
Thanks Bode! Never heard of Schlotsky's, which makes me think they aren't in SoCal.
PSK 1 and 2 both look male to me but I’m the worst at this game lol
Worst or not, every vote is counted. No voter suppression here!
No change in my thoughts... PSK1-M, PSK2-F Most likely. Couldn’t say I’m 100% but I’m 98%sure on the PSK1 and 80-90%sure on the PSK2
Gotcha, thanks!
They got any light interfering during the dark?
Nothing to speak of.
I was getting in before you left
And you have. :high-five:
But mostly I’m gunning for F on that one ... enough promising signs i think.
That's good because it's already up-canned!
My guesses remain unchanged... I think.
Noted.
I think I'm back to my original guess- #1 Male.
#2- Female. more than likely. probably. maybe...
Also noted!
PSK1: M
PSK2: F
PSK1 could surprise with an outside shot though. I had similar looking on a known female, and yep, ended up a calyx. If the roundies aren't throwing pistils in a few days, that slight chance probably goes down.
What? The PSK1 male could surprise me because you had a female that turned out to be male? Surprise me means turning out to be a female, no?
LOL!

Here is the voting so far:
Plant:​
PSK1​
PSK2​
Bode​
F​
M​
shotta​
M​
M​
Amy​
M​
F​
MrS​
M​
F​
carcass​
M​
F​
mV​
M​
F​

You can't win if you're not in!* Check out the pics here and submit your guesses.

[*Winners receive a quart of Terpinator, pickup only.]

PSK1 = male
PSK2 = female

I'm terrible at this. You know how many male plants I've put into flower. WAY too many. Now IF Im not sure I leave them in the smaller pots and up-pot IF they are female.

I've found a few threats like:

"If you're a male I'm gonna burn your male bits off slowly over a fire before I put you outta my misery."

I have a fire waiting for you....

Then there's the sweet talking I sometimes do ... never seems to work.

Consider yourself tagged @TheMadDabber !

Thanks, but y'all still have me for today! We don't hit the road until early Friday morning. :ciao:

--------------------------------

Here we are on Sexing Thursday! Maybe we can even get @Ms Stank to play along, since she has a keen eye for this :).

PURPLE SKUNK KRUSH 1

PURPLE SKUNK KRUSH 2

Thoughts?
Male
Male

San Dimas High School Football rules!

I'm terrible at this. You know how many male plants I've put into flower. WAY too many. Now IF Im not sure I leave them in the smaller pots and up-pot IF they are female.
All guesses count, but I'm glad to know that threatening your plants didn't make a difference. I'm all for narrowing the options for plant conversion!
Male
Male
San Dimas High School Football rules!
You grew up in San Dimas? Or is that San Dimas Canada and "football" is really soccer? Or is football in Canada American football since you have the CFL?

------------------

Here is new voting update:

Plant:PSK1PSK2
BodeFM
shottaMM
AmyMF
MrSMF
carcassMF
mVMF
boMF
BVBMM

Still time to vote before I at least trash PSK1 before I leave tomorrow! Or I can hope it survives 3 days without water in the 1 gallon pot and check again on Monday night...

Sorry, but I'm thinking they are both Male at this point. I think we would have seen pistils by now if they were Female.

On another topic, many of you know that my 95-year-old father lives in an assisted living place and has pretty severe dementia, in that he doesn't remember anything past or present other than his name and most of the lyrics to songs from his childhood through his 20s. He even makes up words now when you talk to him.

He does retain his lovely personality. Unfortunately, he usually thinks that someone who needs to help him shower or change him is trying to kill him, which makes him fight back. This isn't a good situation for him or the caregivers, though they carry on with their jobs and love him just the same.

For a long time I made him capsules, and later chocolate chip canna-cookies because he forgot how to take pills. They were about 2.25mg each of THC and CBD. They didn't seem to make any difference, but I kept making them because he loves chocolate anyway.

I stopped making them late last summer when he ran out while I was out of town and couldn't get him more, and by the time I was back, no one noticed any difference in his behavior on or off them. It seemed I could safely stop.

A few weeks ago, I had a care plan meeting with the senior staff at his place and I brought up cannabis. They were still open to it, and I thought I would try straight THC this time. So I made the cookies 3mg THC each (AK-47 this time rather than Blueberry), but got no reports of improvement in his mood or agitation during physical assistance.

I decided to go to 4mg each and see if that would be better, but rather than wait for a new batch of butter, I made 1/3 fewer cookies with the rest of the first batch, which made the cookies roughly 4mg THC each. I didn't tell the staff, I just dropped off a batch of slightly larger cookies.

And the report I got from the caregiver that showers him was a good one. Usually he hits and spits when he gets a shower, and it's a MMA match to the end. Tuesday night my father complained about it but was not physical at all. I also heard from the Resident Care Director that they are finding he has more good days than bad days lately. :thumb:

He also was in a very good mood last night when I saw him. 4mg/cookie seems to be the sweet spot with the AK-47 for him!

Fantastic.
I needed to hear something positive today. This will do....in spades!!
Your father sounds much more comfortable and calm.
Sounds like everyone involved benefits from this. I'm sure his caregivers are a little more at ease. You get a little peace of mind as well. :love:

Thank you for updating us with that! I was thinking about him the other day - and been meaning to ask.
Great to hear. Sounds like you just found the threshold dose for him, which you were just under before. Such wonderful news Shed :love:
Thank you Amy, and never be afraid to ask if that was holding you back.

I have to keep pressing different people for information because of the number of folks that cycle through there on a 24 hour basis, so I hadn't gotten to the right people until last night and this afternoon! I can now make cookies with much more enthusiasm :).
:woohoo: :goodjob: music to my ears, good on you Shed.
Thanks dynamo! I love him and want the best for him as long as he's around. Just like he always wanted for me.
Fantastic.
I needed to hear something positive today. This will do....in spades!!
Your father sounds much more comfortable and calm.
Sounds like everyone involved benefits from this. I'm sure his caregivers are a little more at ease. You get a little peace of mind as well. :love:
Win win win win! I'm glad I could cast a little sunshine your way VG. :hug:

That’s an awesome update on your pops Shed. I work in a nursing home so I fully understand how dementia effects our loved ones, their family, and caregivers on a daily basis. In fact as I was reading your post it sounds exactly like a man we have under our care. His daughter is a nurse there which is a blessing most of the time but stressful in her at times. When he gets real agitated sometimes the other staff wants her to step in. But it would be awesome if we are able to use cannabis legally here. No such luck as of right now. But maybe someday soon! Anyway...glad your dad is enjoying the cookies and they are having a positive effect.

On another topic, many of you know that my 95-year-old father lives in an assisted living place and has pretty severe dementia, in that he doesn't remember anything past or present other than his name and most of the lyrics to songs from his childhood through his 20s. He even makes up words now when you talk to him.

He does retain his lovely personality. Unfortunately, he usually thinks that someone who needs to help him shower or change him is trying to kill him, which makes him fight back. This isn't a good situation for him or the caregivers, though they carry on with their jobs and love him just the same.

For a long time I made him capsules, and later chocolate chip canna-cookies because he forgot how to take pills. They were about 2.25mg each of THC and CBD. They didn't seem to make any difference, but I kept making them because he loves chocolate anyway.

I stopped making them late last summer when he ran out while I was out of town and couldn't get him more, and by the time I was back, no one noticed any difference in his behavior on or off them. It seemed I could safely stop.

A few weeks ago, I had a care plan meeting with the senior staff at his place and I brought up cannabis. They were still open to it, and I thought I would try straight THC this time. So I made the cookies 3mg THC each (AK-47 this time rather than Blueberry), but got no reports of improvement in his mood or agitation during physical assistance.

I decided to go to 4mg each and see if that would be better, but rather than wait for a new batch of butter, I made 1/3 fewer cookies with the rest of the first batch, which made the cookies roughly 4mg THC each. I didn't tell the staff, I just dropped off a batch of slightly larger cookies.

And the report I got from the caregiver that showers him was a good one. Usually he hits and spits when he gets a shower, and it's a MMA match to the end. Tuesday night my father complained about it but was not physical at all. I also heard from the Resident Care Director that they are finding he has more good days than bad days lately. :thumb:

He also was in a very good mood last night when I saw him. 4mg/cookie seems to be the sweet spot with the AK-47 for him!

Did you see THIS ARTICLE posted on the main site the other day? THC as a possible treatment for Alzheimer's and Dementia.

That’s an awesome update on your pops Shed. I work in a nursing home so I fully understand how dementia effects our loved ones, their family, and caregivers on a daily basis. In fact as I was reading your post it sounds exactly like a man we have under our care. His daughter is a nurse there which is a blessing most of the time but stressful in her at times. When he gets real agitated sometimes the other staff wants her to step in. But it would be awesome if we are able to use cannabis legally here. No such luck as of right now. But maybe someday soon! Anyway...glad your dad is enjoying the cookies and they are having a positive effect.
First off thank you for working in a nursing home! They are always in need of caring and patient people so I'm sure they're happy to have you.

I would never be able to do this in a non-medical state, so I'm glad he's here. It must be so frustrating to only have pharmaceuticals available for agitation, since those drugs are full of side effects, not to mention how dopey folks are on them.

I'd have to get friendly with the staff and just say "I dropped off some nice cookies for my dad. Why not see if he'd like one 3x a day." :cheesygrinsmiley:

Did you see THIS ARTICLE posted on the main site the other day? THC as a possible treatment for Alzheimer's and Dementia.
I did. It's all so experimental at this stage, but it looks promising for the future. I don't think it will reverse my dad's condition, but we may find out what it would mean if it were tried much earlier.

Back
Top Bottom