InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

@InTheShed i think I remember reading that you have made oil in a crock pot? Cooked it on high from seven to 2 last night, temps reached 211, at 9. I just turned it back up on high at 10 this morning, temps are slowly climbing was at 165 a bit ago.
Also used a 103 gs wet plant, and two cups of coconut oil. Then added two cups water.
Does this process seem good so far?
What are you making the oil for?

I don't mean to dissuade you on your quest to get high as an eagle, but I don't think that's going to get you where you want to go. Did you decarb the weed first? Is that the weed you used because it's mostly plant and few buds.

103 undecarbed grams of mostly wet leaves and some buds in 16 ounces of oil would not be the best and highest use for those buds I'm afraid.

Are you following some sort of recipe or kinda winging it as you go? I can give you directions for next time if you like.

I did not decarb found this and was like cool so it should probably decarb ?
962d64ac-6047-4c87-8b1d-3561aa77beab-jpeg.2079238
CBC34DFA-E9A6-455E-89BA-CFB7BED0DFCF.jpeg

Here’s a photo I just used whole branches,

Attachments

• 57AD5FF0-5AC5-441E-9D57-65DF92D9B37C.jpeg
    57AD5FF0-5AC5-441E-9D57-65DF92D9B37C.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 962D64AC-6047-4C87-8B1D-3561AA77BEAB.jpeg
    962D64AC-6047-4C87-8B1D-3561AA77BEAB.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 219
And you know this being my first go at it, thought would be some good experience points towards the next batch ;) so will this oil get me high?

Not a bad idea to ask questions first, as long as we have this forum thing going on :cheesygrinsmiley:.

How high it will get you will depend on a lot of variable, but since you're this far along, I would start by trying to boil off the water and then cook the whole thing on high for at least 12 hours after that (smoke point of coconut oil is 350ºF so you should be fine there). That would be the best way to salvage this.

Next time, the process it almost 100% not what you did :).

Wait I’m a bit high, so what the vibes I’m getting off that last message is that this has like a 50/50 chance of working? XD the temps never seem to go over 211, just checked earlier was 202-203 these temps may be what it lowers down to once max temp is reached? As I got these readings last night before turning it off and going to bed
01D4DB75-F00B-4D8D-B922-F458D5AC7198.jpeg

Highya Scottie,

I do thc oil in a crock. First I measure out 4 oz. Put in oven to decarb on 220 for 110 minutes. I grind it all and put into the 2 cups of olive oil in the crock. Turn it on high, and wait until the bubbles stop. For me, around 8 hrs. I used to switch between hi and low at times, but I don't do that anymore. Oh, and stir the oil occasionally. Cheers

Wait I’m a bit high, so what the vibes I’m getting off that last message is that this has like a 50/50 chance of working? XD the temps never seem to go over 211, just checked earlier was 202-203 these temps may be what it lowers down to once max temp is reached? As I got these readings last night before turning it off and going to bed
It will take quite a while to get that water boiled off, which should be the first priority as it's keeping the entire batch cool. Stick it in a pot on the stove and try that. Heat is what you need to get the weed decarbed.

Like I said, lots of variables in whether it will work: your tolerance level, your suggestibility level, how potent those buds were, how much you eat, and what you eat it with will all play a part.

If you want oil to get you high as an eagle, buds only, decarb first, then infuse. Infusion is traditionally done in the 160-180ºF range, and often with a cool-down period between runs.

Thanks @Bode thats nice to know.

And as for @InTheShed I would like to know your method as well XD i just winged it, was eager beaver and just jumped the gun and dove straight in without looking to see if there is water to dive in XD

If you want to get high, use as little oil as you can to just cover as much decarbed bud as you can spare. Use coconut oil rather than extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) because coconut oil will be converted on the first pass by the liver and get you high faster. EVOO for the medical benefits of cannabis, coconut for the high.

You can use the crockpot at around 160-180ºF (or a jar in the oven) for 8 hours, stirring at least every 30 minutes. Let it cool overnight (or into the fridge if you have room), and do the whole thing again the next day. Strain it hot, and add 1Tbs of liquid sunflower lecithin/cup of oil. Stir until it's dissolved and refrigerate overnight. Then test it out!

Save the rest of the plant for skin salve. Won't get you high or ease your pain, but it will take the sting out of burns and the itch out of bites and hives.

Sweet shed, thanks. The crockpot keep warm setting should fall in that 160-180 range, although I haven’t tested it out yet, but if the high setting is 212, and I tested it at 211. Should be good. Will try that out next. I wanted to preserve all the cannabinoids and terpenes, and haven’t decarb Ed in the oven before, was nervous and skipped itXD so this one step I was afraid of might ultimately ground my flight. :( ordered an insta pot last night. So in a week or so should be here lol.

though, that's just how my wife shops.
it’s a funny thing, :straightface:, This week I couldn’t buy what I usually buy when I did the supermarket shopping (which I do online for delivery ‘cause of my mobility deficit). Nothing to do w toilet paper (we only wanted our usual -1 pack - amount of that), I’ve been buying the same quantity of almond milk for 2 years, right... suddenly I can only get less than half that qty. - as if I’m panic buying :eek: :hmmmm: :laughtwo:
So, as a person on disability, I’ll now have to pay for more deliveries to get my usual amount of things. Our current systems (including some systems of thought) are so badly set up for human life it’s really astounding we have survived so long o_O

Back
Top Bottom