InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I personally would never have thought to use sesame oil. Seems to be more of a flavor oil to me but hey I’m just a smoker. :smokin:I’d really like to try some topicals some time but it takes a bit more effort then I have to devote.

Doesn't seem to eliminate hives or itching or take the ouch out of bee stings and burns, etc. If you find it helps that's great, but mine doesn't. And if it does work on those things for you, it's still much better to use the rest of the plant for the salve and hand it out to your friends. Save the buds for the good stuff!
Thanks for the clarification, Shed. I haven't tried my oils for hives or burns yet (thankfully), but it works great for me on bug bites and stings. Recently I got stung/bit on the top of my foot by a wasp - a pretty sensitive area, and hurt like hell. I put my salve on it, and within seconds the pain was gone! I like the idea of using some of the raw plant material and may try that with a future batch. :thanks:

Nice lookin plants Shed! Chunky buds!

Free will is accepting the consequences of your actions. Choosing not to get vaccinated means also choosing to not seek medical care when you get sick, and certainly not expecting your insurance company/society to pay for it if you do. You don't get both.
Are you suggesting that if I'm not entitled to health care under the government mandated health care system? If a person gets sick their insurance should be able to wave any responsibility to their contractural obligations? Who said anything about society paying for me. I've got insurance and have a regular doctor, I pay my own way. Unlike many people who use the ER as their primary care giver.

Let's take your argument and apply it to SCUBA Diving. I know the risks, if I get the benz am I not entitled to use the hyperbaric chamber available because I exercised my free will to go diving?

Its the same argument in a different wrapper. What is your stance on Roe vs. Wade?

I personally would never have thought to use sesame oil. Seems to be more of a flavor oil to me but hey I’m just a smoker. I’d really like to try some topicals some time but it takes a bit more effort then I have to devote.
Hi Nev. Nice to see you around again! Neutrogena has a sesame oil moisturizer that seems to absorb well, so I thought it might work as a topical. A Magical Butter machine makes it easy. :)
Thanks for the clarification, Shed. I haven't tried my oils for hives or burns yet (thankfully), but it works great for me on bug bites and stings. Recently I got stung/bit on the top of my foot by a wasp - a pretty sensitive area, and hurt like hell. I put my salve on it, and within seconds the pain was gone! I like the idea of using some of the raw plant material and may try that with a future batch.
For sure! Definitely a good use for all the "scraps."
Thanks again Shed! Salve, along with some of the pain topical mentioned here is In order, also time for some edibles I think. Thanks again for the link!
Glad to be able to help LandoC!
Nice lookin plants Shed! Chunky buds!
Thanks Age!
Are you suggesting that if I'm not entitled to health care under the government mandated health care system? If a person gets sick their insurance should be able to wave any responsibility to their contractural obligations? Who said anything about society paying for me. I've got insurance and have a regular doctor, I pay my own way. Unlike many people who use the ER as their primary care giver.

Let's take your argument and apply it to SCUBA Diving. I know the risks, if I get the benz am I not entitled to use the hyperbaric chamber available because I exercised my free will to go diving?

Its the same argument in a different wrapper. What is your stance on Roe vs. Wade?
You're missing the point entirely, and sorry but I'm not interested in taking up any more real estate here with this conversation. Next time you're in LA we can discuss it over lunch!

Quick question....

Which would you use to thin out or water down your salve with? Terpinator or re-re distilled Everclear?

Thanks for your time.

Good morning Sheddie.

Beeswax is pretty soft with a low melting point.
Have you considered adding a small amount of another type of wax with a higher melting point?
Mix in a little Carnuba?

If you do make sure that you check for allergies. It should be treated like any other wax. Some folks have an allergy to Beeswax. I think less have a reaction to Carnuba or Candelilla. They are both plant based.

Good morning Sheddie.

Have you considered adding a small amount of another type of wax with a higher melting point?
Mix in a little Carnuba?

If you do make sure that you check for allergies. It should be treated like any other wax. Some folks have an allergy to Beeswax. I think less have a reaction to Carnuba or Candelilla. They are both plant based.

Soy wax is another option. That's what Sue uses.

Soy wax is another option. That's what Sue uses
Soy has a lower melting point than beeswax.
I was suggesting a higher melting point wax to make his balm stable at higher temps.

Soy also contains estrogen.

Which would you use to thin out or water down your salve with? Terpinator or re-re distilled Everclear?
Thanks for your time.
Re-re distilled Everclear without a doubt. Thinning things down should be done with a thinner. And everyone knows that solvents makes the best thinners.
Good morning Sheddie.
Mix in a little Carnuba?
Thanks VG! I hadn't considered any other waxes other than soy, and I went with beeswax because it has anti-inflammatory properties. Beeswax melting point is close to 150ºF which seemed reasonable. Have I got that wrong?

I'm sure I'm just not adding enough.
Soy wax is another option. That's what Sue uses.
I remember reading that in her tutorial, but I went with beeswax for the reason above.
Soy has a lower melting point than beeswax.
I was suggesting a higher melting point wax to make his balm stable at higher temps.
Soy also contains estrogen.
Thanks for that VG!

How about a late Sunday update? This one is all about a single Candida plant...the one I will eventually flip for flowers for oil.

It was a mess:

And here is the after pic:

Now you may be asking, "Hey Shed, did you top it? It's a lot shorter in the after pic!"

No I did not. I did this:

Bent it right over and down...way down.

I took off a shitload, including one entire node that I didn't mean to. I violated one of my rules of thinning, which is to make sure you can see both blades of the trimmer before you snip. Here is what came off:

It gets added to the salve bin, of course!

And because cloning in perlite is so fun, I took about 8 cuttings and dropped them in:

I hope your weekend went well! We had zero hours of sun today. :(

Monday update, where I transplant a Sour G and then show off my collection!

This was Sunday, and it was time to upcan the Sour G cloned in perlite (and moved to ProMix about a month ago:

The roots:

The result:

And the whole time I felt like I was being watched:

Très Hitchcockian!

Drizzling and completely overcast today and I think that Otter has all my sun! Nothing went outside except for the following picture...

Here is my collection of Sour G clones. My goal is to make seeds, so I have to figure out which will be the reversed plant and which will be flowered for pollination:

• The tall lanky one is the first one that rooted (in solo cup), and it's shaped like that because I keep it mostly in the shade to hold it back.
• The one in the red cup was rooted in perlite and planted in ProMix about 10 days ago.
• The one in the red-cup-in-the-blue cup is still in perlite.
• The black pot is the one I just transplanted.

I'm not sure which two to work with since one of them is clearly a full grown plant and the rest are still at the early stages. Maybe I will top and bush out the biggest one for seeds and use the one I just transplanted for pollen once it gets bigger. Either way, the whole process needs to wait until one of the Summer two get harvested, so there's room to flip the Jack Herer in the shed. The Summer two are both on flip day 36. More on those tomorrow.

I sure hope the weather is nice where you are, because I feel like I need one of those lights for seasonal affective disorder! Maybe I should just camp out in front of the tent. :cool:

Carry on with whatever you were doing.

Quotes:
she looks Good shed , lost alot of trim on that one and yes a cut that was Not intended sucks ... stupid sun LOL
I know right? I don't need June Gloom now when my flowers are supposed to be bulking.
This is how hempy love starts..
And ends. :laugh:
There's gonna be no larf on that one!
I wish! Candidas tend to be larfy no matter what I do. :whatareyougonnado:

it was time to upcan the Sour G
Those roots look good & looks happy in the new home.

And the whole time I felt like I was being watched:
As long as you didn’t see a strange looking pale fat man hanging around……

sure hope the weather is nice where you are,
It has been. We’ve had lots of rain this summer, then a weak cold front moved through about 10 days ago and it been nothing but blue skys and cooler weather since then. We got down into the upper 60’s for the first time yesterday morning. I’ll try and send some sunshine your way.

Très Hitchcockian!
I'll betcha there's a bird species that's especially driven to cannabis seed. Watch your back and your seeds when they come. I got in the middle of a flocked up bunch of swallows in a nature preserve the other day that were so thick they stopped traffic! I think it's time to flock and fly to Capistrano soon.

Sour G's look super! Quarter size hail down the road today Shed! Stormy Tuesday. You have the sun?

Back
Top Bottom