InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Good morning, beautiful.

Hope all the trimming went well and you didn't get too fatigued from it.

We have an appointment with Doug soon.
Which day were you thinking?

Ever touch up scissors?
Whet stone, metal file or a sharpening attachment for a Dremel all work. There is also something called a scissor sharpener. I've never used one myself.
I sharpen my own gardening shears.
I have some that are 20+ and hardly have a blade left. I usually use a small multi-sided file but I did buy myself a Dremel a few months back and it came with the sharpener so I've been playing around with that.
Works pretty good.

Monday update 1. Greetings all and thanks for stopping by for my harvest updates. I'm going to split this into at least two posts so I can bookmark them individually and you can quote them individually (though it's really not necessary to hit quote at the bottom and repost the entire thing!). And since they were done on different days I'll put them up chronologically.

Starting with the Sour G harvest on Saturday! Sour G is an accidental cross made by a former member here. The seeds were created when a female Sour Diesel stress-hermied and pollinated a Gorilla Bomb (which is GG4 x THC Bomb). This was my last seed so I will be attempting to make more soon.

It spouted on 4/20 and was flipped on August 22nd, so it vegged for 124 days, flowered for 62, and spent a total of 186 days above ground. It was also drought-treated (a bit too long). Here it was on the morning of its last day:

Pulled off a lot of the fans to make it a bit prettier!

And chopped off all the goodies. Here are the bones:

I did something different with the washing this time and I used 1% citric acid (like lemon juice but much more precise), mixed with baking soda. It took a lot of rinsing to get the water clear, but I'm happy with the result.

My wife and (eventually) my daughter helped trim, but after pulling the fans there wasn't all that much left. Here are the buds hanging in the drying box:

We made it to see a production of My Fair Lady with time to spare!

I've had a 12" fan pointed directly at the holes since then because the ambient RH is pretty high now. It's raining here today so all the air movement I can get is helpful.

And that was the Sour G harvest! Moving on...

Monday update 2, the one where I harvest the incredibly sticky Chiquita Banana from @Weed Seeds Express! It's supposed to be able to produce a THC content as high as 29% so sticky is not surprising. :)

Sunday was CB harvest day, and the seed sprouted on 4/21. It vegged for 123 days and was flipped with the Sour G, so it flowered for 63, for a total of 186 days above ground.

Here it was on the morning of its last day:

It took me about an hour and a half to get the fans off, at which point my hands were too sticky to touch my phone to get a pic of it then, so I'll just cut straight to the bones:

Same wash as the Sour G: 1% citric acid and baking soda (I only used 4 gallons of water so I used 80% of the baking soda box :) ) and lots of rinsing. And with the plant being so dense there was some PM hiding on the inner buds, so I'm sure the citric acid took care of that much better than an H2O2 bath would have.

This one was a lot more leafy and took most of the afternoon to trim, so besides my wife and daughter sitting down and picking up scissors, my daughter got a friend to come over and help. We bought dinner!

The other drying box I have isn't big enough to hang this one, so I strung up the tent and hung it in there (along with the tiny Candida on the middle left tagged with blue tape):

Got some scissor hash scraped off too:

Since the tent is being occupied and the shed is empty, I moved the Jack Herer, the 7 gallon Sour G, the Sour G clones, and the two 1 gallon Candidas in the shed:

I left the heater off because it's only dropping down to the low 60s at night with this storm were getting. Speaking of the heater, I plugged it into the Kill-a-watt meter one night last week and noted the KWh and time, and it worked out to an average of 133 watts...definitely worth it. Thanks to all for helping me figure that out!

I hope you all had a good weekend, and I'll get to the quotes later today. I have so much to catch up on here. :eek:

Nice! On all the beautiful hanging bud. I’m sure it will make some delicious smoke for the smokers and a soothing ointment for the medications.

186 days above ground. It was also drought-treated
Shed! She looks as though she was begging to be taken down.:rofl:

I harvest the incredibly sticky Chiquita Banana
That was a remarkably fall colored plant. Lovely and if you hadn’t had the guests helping dissect her she would have made a perfect centerpiece at that dinner.

Sorry, I promise to get back to all the quotes from the weekend and with my sub list! I've been really busy dealing with some issues that took up most of my day. :(

In the meantime:
Great harvests Shed
Thanks DD! And the My Fair Lady production was okay, but suffered because the actress who played Eliza Doolittle was in over her head.
Nice! On all the beautiful hanging bud. I’m sure it will make some delicious smoke for the smokers and a soothing ointment for the medications.
Thank you Nev! Gonna be fighting the RH for a few days but didn't see a spot of rot anywhere so I think I'll be okay with good airflow.
Shed! She looks as though she was begging to be taken down.
Srsly...about a week ago. :)
That was a remarkably fall colored plant. Lovely and if you hadn’t had the guests helping dissect her she would have made a perfect centerpiece at that dinner.
Very pretty but I'm not sure there would have been room for the food. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom