InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I put two slices of bread in with them
I learn the best hacks on your thread, Shed :nomo: (After catching up I am heading over to BeezLuiz' trim vid) Congrats on the harvest! I hope you have some excellent samples to send for testing. How did the little lime clone come along after wilting? Three of my lavender clones are finally taking off. The others died. No special effort was made, so it's a win for my garden And, what DutchinAB and Dynamo1 said about the Sour G :green_heart:Sorry for the loss of your colleague.

Hi, it's so quiet... Quick question... for indoor autos in a mild winter season, what size grow bag is better 20 liter or 30 liter? The gallon conversions would be 5 and 8 gallon bags approximately. @BooWho2 are you around? I have both bag sizes and I'm not sure which to go for, or if these might even be to big? Idk.
Anyway happy weekend :)

Hi, it's so quiet... Quick question... for indoor autos in a mild winter season, what size grow bag is better 20 liter or 30 liter? The gallon conversions would be 5 and 8 gallon bags approximately. @BooWho2 are you around? I have both bag sizes and I'm not sure which to go for, or if these might even be to big? Idk.
Hi @Carmen Ray, I know you asked Shed but I thought I'd offer my input....you will fill a five gallon bag with roots with an auto easily if your watering game is on. I have filled 7s completely with roots with autos, in soil. I have not yet tried anything bigger than a 7. If it's a long flowering auto like a sativa maybe go with the bigger pot, and if it's a shorter one go with the 5?

Ahoy Sheddy!

You got mail. :hookah:

Sunday update while I delay doing the taxes for a bit longer!

I dropped two seeds yesterday for the summer grow...one Purple Urkle and one Trainwreck thanks to @Weed Seeds Express! They went into a 50/50 soak of distilled water and 3% H2O2 about 2:30pm on Saturday:

I use a piece of paper towel to hold the seeds under the liquid so the whole thing gets wet rather than just the underside:

After 15 minutes that gets replaced with regular distilled water and they're put in the dark at 80ºF. This morning at 9:15am I found this:

Nice! So I grabbed two peat pucks, soaked them in warm water, cut the bottom open so the tap root grows unrestricted:

I punched a hole in the peat about the depth of a pencil point:

And placed the seed in on its side:

Then I covered it with peat and put it in the Shoebox of Light® with a temperature probe in one:

I'll keep them there until I see green and then into a solo cup and into the sun!

In other news, here is the lime clone (at @Carmen Ray's request) that I don't think will recover from the 96ºF heat:

However, one of the others has some tiny new growth:

:yahoo:

And finally, before I really need to start my taxes, here is the root growth on the Doug's Varin clone that I root-pruned last Sunday:

I think it will be just fine. :)

Happy Easter to those celebrating!

Quotes:
...well, that's much better than ..."it's OK"... ...cheerz......h00k......
And even better than her normal review, which is "It gets me high"!
Understood, age does have a big part in how established the tap root would be. The older it is the more it would have “fish boned” out and created a sufficient root ball to be pruned in the first place.
And, sending you the best Sour G sex changing vibes!!
Thanks DAB! Still nothing on the Sour G that even tells me it knows it's been flipped. Time will tell...

And I'm not sure how often it would come up that you would need to root prune a seed plant unless the grow schedule got really messed up.
A ringing endorsement from Mrs Shed! Good job Shed.
I'll say!
Thanks dynamo...that was definitely a new one to me!
R.I.P. Stuart Scott
I had to look him up. Never heard of him but it's sad he died so young. :rip:
As mates endorsements go that's an excellent one! Go DV!
I got a few extra words on the Jack Herer as well, so she's finally expanding her review vocab. :thumb:
Not to say much about Mrs. Shed , don't want the old man to pull a Will Smith on me Glad she approves that it is different anyway . Nice Harvest Shed glad your really not having to much issue with the RH . Different times of year do and don't have there advantages for sure .
LOL thanks SB! My wife can do her own slapping. :)

And I double bagged the drying DV because the RH it dropping faster than I'd like, even just with the bags sitting in a drawer.
That sounded like a glowing endorsement from the Mrs! Albeit, glowing like a full moon on an extremely cloudy night, but glowing nonetheless!
A definite glow.
I learn the best hacks on your thread, Shed (After catching up I am heading over to BeezLuiz' trim vid) Congrats on the harvest! I hope you have some excellent samples to send for testing. How did the little lime clone come along after wilting? Three of my lavender clones are finally taking off. The others died. No special effort was made, so it's a win for my garden And, what DutchinAB and Dynamo1 said about the Sour G Sorry for the loss of your colleague.
Thank you Carmen, it was a packed memorial with lots of folks I haven't seen in many years, all showing up to pay their respects.

Three lavender clones sounds good to me! If I only had more desk space I'd clone the new ghost lavenders...or make it easier to do the taxes. :hmmmm:

And I'll know what I owe in taxes by the end of the night, so I'll know more about whether that DV gets sent for testing or if I just use my wife's feedback. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Anyway happy weekend
Is this the plant that will sit by the window? 5 gallons would be fine for that. If it's going to be under a grow light then 8 gallons might be necessary but might not. As long as you don't overwater the 8g one though it's okay.
Hi @Carmen Ray, I know you asked Shed but I thought I'd offer my input....you will fill a five gallon bag with roots with an auto easily if your watering game is on. I have filled 7s completely with roots with autos, in soil. I have not yet tried anything bigger than a 7. If it's a long flowering auto like a sativa maybe go with the bigger pot, and if it's a shorter one go with the 5?
Thanks Jon!
Ahoy Sheddy! You got mail.
Roger that, thanks!
Morning guys and ladies. Happy Easter
Happy Easter to you and yours 7D2!

5 gallons would be fine for that
Thank you both! I thought the 5 but wanted to make certain. Watering is going to be a whole new thang as I've not grown in soil indoors, only coco-perlite! Shall I take this opportunity to invite people to join me on my journey? I have just started my new journal and it would be great to have some insight and encouragement along the way. The link is in my signature :)

Sunday update while I delay doing the taxes for a bit longer!

I dropped two seeds yesterday for the summer grow...one Purple Urkle and one Trainwreck thanks to @Weed Seeds Express! They went into a 50/50 soak of distilled water and 3% H2O2 about 2:30pm on Saturday:

I use a piece of paper towel to hold the seeds under the liquid so the whole thing gets wet rather than just the underside:

After 15 minutes that gets replaced with regular distilled water and they're put in the dark at 80ºF. This morning at 9:15am I found this:

Nice! So I grabbed two peat pucks, soaked them in warm water, cut the bottom open so the tap root grows unrestricted:

I punched a hole in the peat about the depth of a pencil point:

And placed the seed in on its side:

Then I covered it with peat and put it in the Shoebox of Light® with a temperature probe in one:

I'll keep them there until I see green and then into a solo cup and into the sun!

In other news, here is the lime clone (at @Carmen Ray's request) that I don't think will recover from the 96ºF heat:

However, one of the others has some tiny new growth:

:yahoo:

And finally, before I really need to start my taxes, here is the root growth on the Doug's Varin clone that I root-pruned last Sunday:

I think it will be just fine. :)

Happy Easter to those celebrating!

Quotes:

And even better than her normal review, which is "It gets me high"!

Thanks DAB! Still nothing on the Sour G that even tells me it knows it's been flipped. Time will tell...

And I'm not sure how often it would come up that you would need to root prune a seed plant unless the grow schedule got really messed up.

I'll say!

Thanks dynamo...that was definitely a new one to me!

I had to look him up. Never heard of him but it's sad he died so young. :rip:

I got a few extra words on the Jack Herer as well, so she's finally expanding her review vocab. :thumb:

LOL thanks SB! My wife can do her own slapping. :)

And I double bagged the drying DV because the RH it dropping faster than I'd like, even just with the bags sitting in a drawer.

A definite glow.

Thank you Carmen, it was a packed memorial with lots of folks I haven't seen in many years, all showing up to pay their respects.

Three lavender clones sounds good to me! If I only had more desk space I'd clone the new ghost lavenders...or make it easier to do the taxes. :hmmmm:

And I'll know what I owe in taxes by the end of the night, so I'll know more about whether that DV gets sent for testing or if I just use my wife's feedback. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Is this the plant that will sit by the window? 5 gallons would be fine for that. If it's going to be under a grow light then 8 gallons might be necessary but might not. As long as you don't overwater the 8g one though it's okay.

Thanks Jon!

Roger that, thanks!

Happy Easter to you and yours 7D2!
Wow awesome post, Shed! I LOVE the paper towel to hold the seed under trick. Yoink!!! I just snagged that one, thanks!!! Very detailed explanation of your process. Nice job as always.

Hi Carmen. The largest I’ve grown autos in is a 3 gallon pot in and outdoors.

Thank you, HH & Thank you for that interesting read, Shed!
I came real close to over drying my last harvest, so it's good to know I wasn't quite as close to ruining it as I thought...it went into the jars@56-58%, but after 2 or 3 days, it drifted back up to 62-63%.
I usually jar it around 65% and work my way down, went the other direction this time...seems fine though, actually smells a little better/stronger than usual...
That is what I was attempting last time I was curing and STILL managed to over dry mine. Gets very frustrating. I need to figure out a better system that is repeatable and stable. Relying on the environmental conditions gets silly and burdensome.

How's the drying going on the DV Shed? Sucks it went too dry on you. But it seems like maybe the inside was doing fine if the RH popped back like that. Take care and good luck with your yearly freedom theft payment. Need to make sure we keep the coffers full!

Thank you both! I thought the 5 but wanted to make certain. Watering is going to be a whole new thang as I've not grown in soil indoors, only coco-perlite! Shall I take this opportunity to invite people to join me on my journey? I have just started my new journal and it would be great to have some insight and encouragement along the way. The link is in my signature
Thanks for the link Carmen! Can't wait to watch it happen. :thumb:
Brilliant!
Thank you Otter!
Wow awesome post, Shed! I LOVE the paper towel to hold the seed under trick. Yoink!!! I just snagged that one, thanks!!! Very detailed explanation of your process. Nice job as always.
I decided it was silly to only sterilize half the seed. :cheesygrinsmiley: Thanks Jon!
Seeds off to a Great start ! Yes that is something i never thought about with the paper towel to hold the seed in the water , makes you wonder when you come back 12 or so hrs. later and its still floating on the top .
LOL! I have found the seed sometimes manages to work its way out from under the paper towel, but it's only there for 15 minutes during the H2O2 soak, not for the whole time.
Hi Carmen. The largest I’ve grown autos in is a 3 gallon pot in and outdoors.
:thanks: Your autos are quite the sight. :adore:
That is what I was attempting last time I was curing and STILL managed to over dry mine. Gets very frustrating. I need to figure out a better system that is repeatable and stable. Relying on the environmental conditions gets silly and burdensome.
How's the drying going on the DV Shed? Sucks it went too dry on you. But it seems like maybe the inside was doing fine if the RH popped back like that.
Unless you have a spare controlled tent all we can do is compensate for whatever the room is giving us. I left mine out on the ping pong table last night for 20 minutes while the RH was in the 80s. Of course I forgot to check this morning while I was printing out the taxes!
good luck with your yearly freedom theft payment. Need to make sure we keep the coffers full!
I have no problem paying taxes. I feel like I get my money's worth. Freedom ain't free either. :)

:yahoo:New seeds cracked. Fun times.

Regarding the root pruning on a plant from seed. Two of the bonsai mother's I kept in 1 litre pots for ages were from seed. Root pruned a couple of times with no issues. You must remember the bread knife.:laugh:

I have no problem paying taxes, but only at the last possible minute.
FTFY!

I've been the same way for at least the last 20 years, UNTIL THIS YEAR! I finally made myself get them filed a few days early (aided by some CBD gummies that made things less stressful)! :)

New seeds cracked. Fun times.
Regarding the root pruning on a plant from seed. Two of the bonsai mother's I kept in 1 litre pots for ages were from seed. Root pruned a couple of times with no issues. You must remember the bread knife.
Thanks Vet...I had forgotten the bread knife! And you're absolutely right that a bonsai mother grown from seed would need root-pruning. I don't see that often as folks tend to want to smoke the flowers before they decide if they want to keep it around!
FTFY!
I've been the same way for at least the last 20 years, UNTIL THIS YEAR! I finally made myself get them filed a few days early (aided by some CBD gummies that made things less stressful)!
I usually do them the weekend before they're due (or the weekend before the weekend if they're due on a Monday), because it makes my wife less nervous that way. When we first got married I was still driving them down the the all-night post office at 11:57pm! She was not fond.

This year there was some info I couldn't get earlier, so that left this weekend as the only option.

Next year I will consider CBD gummies as well!

Your autos are quite the sight. :adore:
Shed / Boo, please can I ask if either of you could point me to good reference points in both your archives. I have been dipping toes into @BooWho2 's journal here and there, but if I continue with that strategy I'll be captivated all night. and I know you have a brilliant index somewhere. (How do you do it?)
I know nothing about growing autos atm. For instance, do you top them, do you perform any lst? So I am hoping you have some reference points for me pls.
Also, what should one be looking for in commercial CBD gummies, for them to be properly effective? They sound fabulous.

Shed / Boo, please can I ask if either of you could point me to good reference points in both your archives. I have been dipping toes into @BooWho2 's journal here and there, but if I continue with that strategy I'll be captivated all night. and I know you have a brilliant index somewhere. (How do you do it?)
I know nothing about growing autos atm. For instance, do you top them, do you perform any lst? So I am hoping you have some reference points for me pls.
Also, what should one be looking for in commercial CBD gummies, for them to be properly effective? They sound fabulous.
No reference points in my journal for topping autos because I never did! I'm sure Boo or @Carcass can give you better info on that though.

The rest of the info on autos is feed them early and often because they go into flower much earlier than our photo plants, unless you're running organic soil and then ignore that. :)

Things to keep in mind on CBD gummies is that you won't get as high from THC after you eat them. Not sure what the dosage was on @Grand Daddy Black's, but I haven't found that 10mg has any effect on me at all so you might need to go higher than that.

Interesting, I didn't know that.
CBD blocks the uptake of THC and is actually recommended for folks feeling paranoid after too much THC.
I was given a CBD oil to try last year and I really didn't feel any effect at all. I've been somewhat skeptical until recent reviews from friends. So is it just the amount of CBD one ingests, anything to do with entourage effect or anything like that?
Not sure on the entourage effect part since I'm taking whole-plant oil from my Candida plants. The oil tested as THC non-detectable but I'm sure there is some in the plant itself. Buying whole-plant hemp-based CBD might be different from mine, as well as oil using CBD isolated from CO2 extraction (or some other method).

Back
Top Bottom