InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I put two slices of bread in with them and we'll see if I can get the RH up quickly. Hope so!
Will re-hydrating them put them back into the "cure zone"?
I thought that once they're too dry, the curing process stops, and it doesn't start again, even if the buds are re-hydrated.
I may be wrong about that, but I'm sure I've read it a few places here on the forum...
What do you think, Shed?

I thought that once they're too dry, the curing process stops, and it doesn't start again, even if the buds are re-hydrated.
I may be wrong about that, but I'm sure I've read it a few places here on the forum...
What do you think, Shed?
If I remember correctly, it can still cure, but it takes significantly longer. Please do correct me if I’m wrong! :)

What do you think, Shed?
I can't swear that it would have settled under 55% but the outsides we're sure crunchy.

And the prevailing wisdom was that once they got into the low 50s that the microbes died and never came back. But @Weaselcracker did a rehydration side-by-side test you can read the results of start here.

He found exactly what double H says below...
If I remember correctly, it can still cure, but it takes significantly longer. Please do correct me if I’m wrong!
Well remembered!

Thank you, HH & Thank you for that interesting read, Shed!
I came real close to over drying my last harvest, so it's good to know I wasn't quite as close to ruining it as I thought...it went into the jars@56-58%, but after 2 or 3 days, it drifted back up to 62-63%.
I usually jar it around 65% and work my way down, went the other direction this time...seems fine though, actually smells a little better/stronger than usual...

I came real close to over drying my last harvest, so it's good to know I wasn't quite as close to ruining it as I thought...it went into the jars@56-58%, but after 2 or 3 days, it drifted back up to 62-63%.
I usually jar it around 65% and work my way down, went the other direction this time...seems fine though, actually smells a little better/stronger than usual...

I noticed the same thing. A few times the calyxes dried before the stems, all crunchy on the outside. But I jarred 'em anyway and they stabilized just fine, AND the terps were strong and fresh.

Pic-free update with just some info to pass along:

1. It's flip day 1 for the Sour G STS, sprayed on 4/3 and 4/6.

2. When I opened the tent this morning the Doug's Varin did not smell, which is new. Change in smell, slowing down water uptake...comes down on Saturday! I pulled a bunch more fans off and I'll get trichome pics tomorrow so we can see what they look like.

3. Even though it's coming down Saturday and drinking more slowly, temps are supposed to be in the upper 80s today, so I gave DV the last 2 gallons of nutes I had. I prefer my plants not be thirsty at harvest because I feel like they dry more evenly if they continue to get watered as needed.

4. I thought there was a fourth thing, but now I don't remember what it was. Oh well!

5. I hope your week is going smoothly. :slide:
I think maybe the 5th thing was the 4th thing. :)

Yikes! Somehow I fell behind and missed the ski-slope DV harvest and all the other goings-ons!

Congrats on the harvest. I hope she's all you had anticipated her to be.

That Candida "tree" was nearly a candidate for a gas-powered trimmer and I hoped you checked her for bird's nests!

Since they've been "squeezing the butter from the duck" at your job lately, I thought you had not been posting. I had no idea I was 4 pages behind! :Rasta:

Quick Passover/Good Friday update for y'all!

First up are the Sour G's for the seed-making project:

The one on the right has gotten 4 STS sprays, and on flip day 9 I don't see pistils or balls, so we wait. I flipped the middle one last night so it's on flip day 1, and the left one will get flipped next week. With a bit of luck I'll have pollen and receptive pistils at the same time!

And here are the Doug's Varin clones, and the one on the left is the one I trimmed and root-pruned on Sunday:

Still not dead, though not quite happy yet.

Speaking of the DV, I got another smoke report from my wife (this one via text). I realize that these are nothing like the gems @ProfessorFlora puts out with apparent ease, but it's sure better than usual:

"Very high and happy on your new weed!"

THCV or not, I think a clone will come in handy!

I hope all is well with you and your families, and that your weekend plans include a nap! :zzzzz:

Quotes:
I have more trouble drying now since it's much dryer this time of year. In the summer and early fall I don't have to worry about RH at all. I sometimes need my mini-dehuey then since burping the bags often raises the RH.
I noticed the same thing. A few times the calyxes dried before the stems, all crunchy on the outside. But I jarred 'em anyway and they stabilized just fine, AND the terps were strong and fresh.
Thanks Graytail! I think they were much less crispy on the inside than I thought, since the RH was at 70% in the bags when I got home last night, and stayed that way even with the bread gone. I don't think it was just the bread working that fast or well. Now I can take my time over the next two weeks dropping the RH down 8 points.
I think maybe the 5th thing was the 4th thing.
Maybe that's what I forgot!
Yikes! Somehow I fell behind and missed the ski-slope DV harvest and all the other goings-ons!
Congrats on the harvest. I hope she's all you had anticipated her to be.
That Candida "tree" was nearly a candidate for a gas-powered trimmer and I hoped you checked her for bird's nests!
Since they've been "squeezing the butter from the duck" at your job lately, I thought you had not been posting. I had no idea I was 4 pages behind!
Thanks GDB! You are full of sayings I never heard: "squeezing the butter from the duck" and "cool as the other side of the pillow"! I'm glad you didn't miss all the goings on here but you better not stray too far even when I do, as double H said:
The party goes on, even when Uncle Shed isn’t home!
This gang is the shit!
Question with root pruning, should one be worried with cutting a tap root? I realize it was a clone you pruned this instance, so no tap root there, but say it was a plant from seed….
Good question DAB! I haven't had the occasion to have to root prune a seed plant, because that would get transplanted rather than kept for a prolonged time in a 1 gallon pot.

I have nothing to back this up, but I think if you have a seed plant that is so root bound you need to prune it, trimming off the tap root at that stage (wherever it might be at that point) wouldn't make a difference. I've seen folks here grow great plants where the tap root got cut coming out of the peat puck a few days old!

I have nothing to back this up, but I think if you have a seed plant that is so root bound you need to prune it, trimming off the tap root at that stage (wherever it might be at that point) wouldn't make a difference. I've seen folks here grow great plants where the tap root got cut coming out of the peat puck a few days old!
Understood, age does have a big part in how established the tap root would be. The older it is the more it would have “fish boned” out and created a sufficient root ball to be pruned in the first place.

And, sending you the best Sour G sex changing vibes!!
:thumb:

Not to say much about Mrs. Shed , don't want the old man to pull a Will Smith on me o_O Glad she approves that it is different anyway . Nice Harvest Shed glad your really not having to much issue with the RH . Different times of year do and don't have there advantages for sure .
That sounded like a glowing endorsement from the Mrs!

Albeit, glowing like a full moon on an extremely cloudy night, but glowing nonetheless! :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom