InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

:ciao:
Ooh your Candida! She looks great! So much better than mine did, and chock full of seeds too!
Thanks Otter! I'm trying to wait patiently until I see a calyx split and show me a seed. :slide:
I bet she is full of seeds from the look of the big buds ,
Hope so, thanks sb! I may have to pull one off and take a look inside to satisfy my curiosity though. :)
Up can was what i was thinking too Shed all the others i seen a growing pretty fast maybe needs more room , don't look root bound at sept at the bottom .
I'll probably pH test the bag of FFOF soil to eliminate that as a factor and then upcan this weekend. It already looks like there are enough roots to hold the soil together if I do it carefully. :nervous-guy:

Saturday evening update on the Purple Ghost Candy from Seedsman!

Yesterday was day 17 and it was time to transplant to see if that would happy up the droop.

I was originally going to do the standard inverse sand castle for this:

but since the FFOF bag slurry tested at 6.1ph, I added dolomite lime to the new soil to raise it. That meant I wanted the roots to be more in contact with the new pH adjusted soil than the original, so I broke up most of the rootball:

And here it is after transplant (I took the first set of leaves but left the node for now):

The original soil was still damp, so I only watered around the outside and used 2.25g/gallon MC.

May gray is the weather these days, so I didn't need to worry about transplant stress. And I'd have to say it's looking happier today (day 18) than most plants a day after upcan:

Because of the lack of sun, it's spending about 4 hours/day in the tent while I get it used to the LED.

That's it for the PGC, and here comes the rest...:slide:

The rest of the update is that I ran out of patience to see if the Candida plant was seeded, so here's what I plucked:

It wasn't really ready to give up it's casing, but after some scraping, look what I found:

:yahoo:

Now I can just let the plant ripen as long as it wants, knowing that the pollen worked!

And finally, here's the CapJunky on day 15:

Looking a little droopy itself, so it won't be long before that one gets bumped up as well.

I hope your weekend is brighter than mine, and that your plants are doing splendidly! :ciao:

Yesterday was day 17 and it was time to transplant to see if that would happy up the droop.

but since the FFOF bag slurry tested at 6.1ph, I added dolomite lime to the new soil to raise it. That meant I wanted the roots to be more in contact with the new pH adjusted soil than the original, so I broke up most of the rootball:

And here it is after transplant (I took the first set of leaves but left the node for now):

The original soil was still damp, so I only watered around the outside and used 2.25g/gallon MC.

May gray is the weather these days, so I didn't need to worry about transplant stress. And I'd have to say it's looking happier today (day 18) than most plants a day after upcan:

Because of the lack of sun, it's spending about 4 hours/day in the tent while I get it used to the LED.

Definitely looks happier now Shedster, congrats 🎈 on your successful upcan. CL🍀

Highya ITS,

Purple Ghost Candy is looking better than before (not so droopy). Looks like she's liking her new pot. Good call on the transplant process. Congratulations on the Candida seeds. I'm hoping to try the STS this summer. Could it be that the May Grays are causing droopy ladies? Happy Smokin'

With the largest pair of droopers gone she no longer looks so droopy! :Rasta:

The rest of the update is that I ran out of patience to see if the Candida plant was seeded, so here's what I plucked:

It wasn't really ready to give up it's casing, but after some scraping, look what I found:

Now I can just let the plant ripen as long as it wants, knowing that the pollen worked!

Looking a little droopy itself, so it won't be long before that one gets bumped up as well.

I hope your weekend is brighter than mine, and that your plants are doing splendidly! :ciao:
You cracked the code….nice job Shed! :thumb:

Congrats on the seeds :)

And fancy toothpicks you got there :)

Monday update and belated Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers and the mothers of you all! :love:

Here's a catch-up on the weekend, and it's almost entirely CapJunky related. Let's start with the transplant I did yesterday on day 16. It's earlier than normal for me but not really with these two!

Pretty nice roots for 16 days:

Like the Purple Ghost Candy, I took a lot of the old soil off and spread the roots around before burying them:

And I again took off the first set of leaves. All done:

This plant really does droop at night:

And perks up again by morning:

The petioles were a bit sad about losing their respective leaves:

Everything is hanging out in the tent today because not only is it completely overcast, it was actually drizzling this morning. :(

And last, a pic of the seeded Candida on flip day 51 (20 days since final pollination):

That's it from me today, and I hope your weekends were fun-filled and the week even more so! I'd be happy with a bright sky, but that's the way I feel every May and June. :)

Quotes:
Yay seeds! Nice up-can Shed. I hope your weekend brightens.
Thanks Carmen! I didn't brighten much in my neighborhood but we did spend Mother's Day on a hike out in Pasadena, where it was 84ºF and sunny. ☀️

I only made it about halfway to the top where the the big waterfall awaited (too much of a slope for me), but the rest of the crew (my wife, dog, daughter, her BF, his parents, their dog) made it and took pics. It looked amazing and I wish I had the constitution for it, but I have to acknowledge my limitations at this point.
Definitely looks happier now Shedster, congrats on your successful upcan. CL🍀
Thanks Captain! PGC is much happier now and back to growing. I'll get an update on it in the next couple of days.
Purple Ghost Candy is looking better than before (not so droopy). Looks like she's liking her new pot. Good call on the transplant process.
Thanks Bode! I'm glad I got the PGC back on track so I can show it off as part of the comparative grow.
Congratulations on the Candida seeds. I'm hoping to try the STS this summer.
Thank you, and don't forget to reach out on the STS thing for pointers I've picked up along the way!
Could it be that the May Grays are causing droopy ladies?
Probably not since it was drooping in the full sun, to the extent that GDB thought it might be getting too much sun. ;)
With the largest pair of droopers gone she no longer looks so droopy!
Maybe that's all it needed!
What they said ^^^ You just had to pluck one of those seeds didn't Ya? lol Looks Good
LOL I really did. After all that work I just needed to know if it was successful. :cheesygrinsmiley:
You cracked the code….nice job Shed!
Thanks PGA! That STS 50/50 dilution seems to be the answer to the seed-making quest.
Congrats on the seeds
And fancy toothpicks you got there
Thank you Ke0ncp! It's 50/50 with the fancy toothpicks as well. 🦷 The nice ones came from some weird everything-store (now closed) in Palm Springs about 10 years ago. We obviously don't go through too many!
You're becoming more seedy by the day!
LOL!

Great update, Shed.

The plants look much perkier. And the PGC is not drooping in the tent so I was right! 😁

That crying petiole pic is the bomb! :thumb:

Great update, Shed.
The plants look much perkier. And the PGC is not drooping in the tent so I was right!
That crying petiole pic is the bomb!
Thanks GDB, you and Bode were both right! And I didn't know whether to be sad the petioles were crying or happy it made for such a great pic. :)
I know you must have said why you took those leaves off Cap Junky, but I missed it or just do not remember. Please tell me why. 🍋
I don't think I mentioned why because I'm not sure my reasons are sound. I was definitely sick of looking at them, and my belief is that it will make the plant want to regrow them on top like it does later in veg when I lollipop. But I don't usually stress them this young.

That said, they don't seem stressed at all!
That sounds like an awesome Mothers' Day out.
It was a fun day but for not making it to the top with the rest of the crew. 🤷‍♂️ The actual moms had a blast though!

Back
Top Bottom