Italian Outdoor Adventures - From Pure Indicas to Pure Sativas

I have a similar seed package coming later this week. Got the same free seeds also.

So Italy. Weather like northern Ca. My home. Gotta watch this one.

BTW planted 16 San Marzano tomatoes for sauce this year. I can still remember picking tomatoes with my grandpa. Good Italian stock.

O yeah, these tomatoes are good. Actually, I grow more than just weed every year :grinjoint: But it's still a little bit early in the season here for tomatoes. In around three weeks it will be ok though and then I'm gonna go. Till this point I planted potatoes, onions, rucola, lattuga, spinach and aromatic herbs.

Nice to have you here, thegreengrocr :high-five:
Enjoy!

Say hi to Trainwreck, the first one to break the ground properly :)
0031663.jpg

Other are coming up, but Green Crack has a shell stuck unfortunately, so more surgical moves to come tomorrow. More seeds were buried in the ground today as well, cause my scuffing method really worked. :thumb: I destroyed some regular HSH in the process though, but less males that way I guess ;)

And then there's a festive tune for ya all :hookah:

Hay there great to see the first one out...here to hoping the rest comes up as well.

Dude try to give the Green C***K a codename for the sake of this journal as we try to Promote a culture that does not reverence to hard drugs as this can give the wrong impression of cannabis... Keep the Green Clean :)

All of the best to you and your grow my friend....

:adore: :420:

This name is unfortunate indeed. I heard Snoop Dogg tagged it this way, but also gave it an alternative name: Cush. We can go with the other one for PR reasons. Will have to help it a little bit to drop that shell. Have a nice smoke :)

Ok guys, time for a small update.
As of now I have 9 seedlings vegging at my windowsill. I actually put them outside this morning, expecting strong wind and I wasn't disappointed. The sooner they get used to natural conditions, the better they will be able to handle transplanting. The only problem I had was with Cush, cause I had to take off shell and membrane manually, but now it looks ok.

Pics:

0021744.jpg
0011741.jpg

Still waiting for 5 other plants to pop up.
Have a nice smoke :hookah:

Well, I just like to know I'm doing everything I can to germinate them, especially that I pay ridicolous sums per seed just to have quality genetics, and I don' t grow hundred of plants, so I simply cannot afford to lose 50% of plants in the process.

I just was a witness to first sun shock this season. A new HSH has broken the ground this morning and I've put it right outside, so it could use some sun. Came back from the garden right in time as it was dying. Not a good idea for another day or two. It's around 70F outside now, but in the sun it's more like 85F. Last year had the same problem, but I planted much later in the season - not a good idea either if you don' t know if your seedling can take the heat.

Subscribing to this one! We have access to a lot of the same materials and it's my first time outdoors. I hope ya don't mind if I use you as a reference through out the summer. :goodluck:

Of course I don't mind. Enjoy the trip :hippy:

Conradino, we had an encounter about 6 months ago & I was thinking I had discouraged you from this site which was not my intentions. I'm so glad to see you here with your journal. I have such a weak spot for outdoor grows as it's something I don't have the luxury of being able to try.
So consider Broke Ass Reg here for the duration.

No, I forget about these kind of things quite easily. This is not an argument to leave your favourite forum by the way :) Lifes is full of encounters, cause that's what it is. You're welcome in my journal as everybody else is.

As far as indoor vs. outdoor is concerned, I actually started indoor about 12 years ago with absolutelt no growing know-how. I used exclusively CFLs, and although I scored very little, I was lucky to get really good genetics, F2 or something of Dutch Passion outdoor mix (who knows what it was exactly), and finished with pretty amazing buds :) Then I went outdoor, and then indoor again, just to finally settle on outdoor (well, it would be a pity to waste such a great resource). Smoked a little bit of both anyway over the years, and I need to say I'm a bigger fan of outdoor weed :) Like they say, there are studio albums, which are absolutely perfect in terms of sound, but then you want to see the band live :)

I hear you C, I had never even seen a weed plant with my own two eyes b4 last June.

Well, we all have to start somewhere :)

In the meantime more plants decided to show up. I'm waiting only for two at the moment: L.A. Confidential and third Malawi Gold. Hop to see them tonight or tomorrow. Generally, I'm quite satisfied with my germination rate, which is around 90%.

Have a nice weed!

Ok, L.A. Confidential's shown up today :thumb: I was actually losing any hope and then decided to dig up soil a bit... just to see that it sprouted. It never cracked by itself and had to be scuffed with a nail cutter. I heard it has very original high for a pure indica, so became curious. I generally like to smoke pure indicas in the autumn/winter to kill my chronic back pains. Been using Afghani for it this year with a big success.

Otherwise, I cleared The Shady Spot a little bit more and it's as sunny now as it can get :allgood: Had to cut out some more roots and added some more compost and egg shells. I'll plant 9 seedlings there in three groups around 30 yds from each other. I got my grapefruit essential oil today, which will be used as insecticide together with rosemary brew. But if it doesn't work, I'm gonna switch back to tobacco juice.

Some shopping is coming too. I need to get more bat guano (I've been using Plagron), worm castings and blood meal. I found cheap source of volcanic rock too - well, at least it's cheap in Italy - so will grind it into dust and add to the soil at both spots. I noticed with pleasure that comfrey, horsetail and stinging nettle are popping up everywhere. These will be collected soon and added as a mulch as well, so I'll have enough nitrogen and microelements for at least two months for my plants.

Sounds like you are off to a good start. Great info on the organic formula. I am going to try one in the garden this year also. Most of what I smoke has been greenhouse grown or outdoor for the past many years. I would classify this much more like outdoor then indoor.

I to have done both. Grew my first patch outdoors in the local hills back in the 70's. Grown indoors a few times too. I vote for Mother Nature and her power.

Just put a fresh rooted clone out side 3 days ago. Just got my order from Herbies yesterday. Way stoaked.

Hi thegreengrocr and thx for checking in. In the 70's I wasn't even alive, and it's always good to have someone with real experience behind his belt here :Namaste:

As far as my seedlings are concerned, two were almost fried today due to rising temps, it was around 85°F in the sun today.

Here they are slowly bouncing back inside, Hawaiian Skunk Haze on the left and Malawi Gold on the right:

0011753.jpg

The rest looks like that:

0071242.jpg
0021752.jpg

And here are single shots...

Orient Express is growing second node of leaves:

0031672.jpg

Here's my Trainwreck (it won't be probably even close to the original cut):

0041582.jpg

Here's Malawi Gold (doesn't stretch at all):

0051493.jpg

0061317.jpg

And here's Pakistan Chitral Kush freshly sprayed with water:

0081139.jpg

Bought volcanic rock today at €3,69 for 20 kilos (around $5 for 40 lbs) and started crushing it into powder. After putting that in my soil I'm almost done for now :lot-o-toke:

Have a nice smoke everybody!

:goodjob:

Yeah man, definitely :)
Now they're really gonna explode, especially with that sun, but on the other hand I need to be careful with young seedlings. I have to water every 2 days due to rising temps, but if they handle that I'm not worried about their life in the jungle ;)

Back
Top Bottom